Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

what is mantra

vijaybali
    vijaybali

what is mantra Empty what is mantra

Post by vijaybali Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:39 pm

hai friends,

In KY we use employ the use of mantra, which are sacred sounds that when chanted out loud or silently within, bring about a particular state of consciousness. Imagine the roof of the mouth is like a piano key board (it holds 84 energy meridian points!!) and every time the tip of the tongue touches the roof, it’s as if it is tapping out a Morse code to the brain, glandular system and the rest of the body, mind and spirit, creating chemical changes and bringing about a new state of being. If you want to “change your mind”, then change the vibration that you make with the words that you form. When we chant mantras, the physiology of the body begins to change….we only have to look at the effect of vibration on a glass of water to see the “ripple” effect of sound to change matter…and as humans we are made mostly of water, so sound effects us in this same way. When we create sounds that have a slower vibration, then we feel dragged down and heavy in life….when we create sounds which embody higher states of consciousness, higher frequencies of energy, then we begin to feel more “en-lightened” in life.

Each mantra that we use embodies a certain kind of consciousness, the mantra itself is like a teacher and when you chant a mantra enough times, with the correct rhythm, prana and resonance and master it, then you too, will begin to embody that state of consciousness that the mantra teaches. For instance, we can look at the Bij mantra “Sat Nam”….Truth is my identity. If we were to master this mantra, then it would mean that I have fully begun to recognize within myself, that I am Truth. I wouldn’t be identified with worldly, materialistic possessions…I would be identified with my inner spirit, as being my True identity.

The word “Bij” means like a seed. A mantra that is a Bij mantra when chanted works like the planting of a seed in your consciousness. The seed gets planted, in your consciousness by the chanting of it and then the continued use of it begins to “grow” it in your awareness….working from the inside out, everyday and in everyway, redirecting your mind, your thoughts, your emotions, towards the Infinite nature, bringing you more and more into alignment with the embodied consciousness of that mantra.

A beautiful visualization of how mantra works in the mind, is to imagine the Grande Canyon, in all its’ majesty and glory. Not many people would deny that it is a tremendously beautiful sight to behold. Now realize that over millions of years, water has flown through this area, slowly carving away and eroding the rock into what we now view as this breath taking manifestation. Imagine mantra is the water flowing and the rock is your mind. Although the practice of mantra can be a slow go in the beginning to really see and feel the effects of it… in the end, you too will be left with a “beautiful mind.” A mind that is alignment with the beauty and grace of your inner being…your True nature.

OM

thanks and regards
    vj
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

what is mantra Empty Re: what is mantra

Post by Colin Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:28 pm

Great post, VJ!

Thanks for sharing. Very Happy

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:49 am

Mantra's can also be used with toning the Chakra's I found this article on the Gaia community. Each chakra has its own musical note sunny

SEVEN CHAKRA TONING EXERCISE
    Posted on May 18th, 2009 by Taikunping : inner fire Taikunping
    Dscf7307

The practice of chanting or toning mantras heals and balances all the chakras. Vowel sounds are universally pure because the mouth is open when they are made; consonants close the vowels, bringing them to earth. The mantras below are traditional variations of consonants around the sound "A" (ahh), culminating in "M" (mmm), a humming sound. Each chakra also corresponds to a note in a simple musical scale: try picking this out using a keyboard or a recorder to get a pitch.

Tone each mantra once in sequence, and feel the difference between the sounds. For the root chakra, sound LAM (musical note C); for the sacral, VAM (note D); for the solar plexus, RAM (note E); for the heart, YAM (noteF): for the throat, HAM (note G); for the third eye, OM (note A); and for the crown chakra, sound AUM (note B).

To begin with, write a list of the mantras to help you get the sequence correct. If you find that toning a scale is difficult, choose a note that is comfortable for you and keep the same pitch for all the mantras.

Chakra Therapy by Jennie Harding - exercises and inspirations for well-being
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:31 pm

VJ Smile

thanks for share bro!

universe was created with words ( a muslim belief ), and so i cannot ever be overemphasizing on the power of words Smile

i have personally felt the power of words several times while on chat, dicussions... not a power of the meanings of the words, but the power of words, syllables, sounds, per se!

a mantra, a recitation, a kotodama, and rest alike, invoke that power... and i have firm belief of that... personally, i feel more liking towards 'lighter' alphabets and sounds like 'l', 'm', 'o' 'i' etc. than sounds like 'k', 'x', 't' etc. and certain combination of sounds (irrespective of meanings) has a certain effect that is quite distinguishable from other combinations... i feel certain sounds/syllables are 'inert' in their effect... they produce effect only when combined with other sounds, and per se, they are just neutral... like 'c', 'p', etc.

once i was thinking on a very naughty possiblity Smile whether it is possible that we understand a language and meanings of words being spoken by 'sensing' the energetic-signature of the sounds they produce ?

if it were a possiblity, it would be a great discovery ! Smile

take care

salman
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:55 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:VJ Smile

thanks for share bro!

universe was created with words ( a muslim belief ), and so i cannot ever be overemphasizing on the power of words Smile

i have personally felt the power of words several times while on chat, dicussions... not a power of the meanings of the words, but the power of words, syllables, sounds, per se!

a mantra, a recitation, a kotodama, and rest alike, invoke that power... and i have firm belief of that... personally, i feel more liking towards 'lighter' alphabets and sounds like 'l', 'm', 'o' 'i' etc. than sounds like 'k', 'x', 't' etc. and certain combination of sounds (irrespective of meanings) has a certain effect that is quite distinguishable from other combinations... i feel certain sounds/syllables are 'inert' in their effect... they produce effect only when combined with other sounds, and per se, they are just neutral... like 'c', 'p', etc.

Thanks,
    Lambs-Wool wrote:
    once i was thinking on a very naughty possiblity Smile whether it is possible that we understand a language and meanings of words being spoken by 'sensing' the energetic-signature of the sounds they produce ?

if it were a possiblity, it would be a great discovery ! Smile

Yes i feel it is possible and i think it is very mature thoughts and it is using by very highlevel saint in india and it advance stage...

I appriciate you thoughts keep it up you are in right treck......

thanks and love
    vj

Last edited by Milarepa on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotes)
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:44 am

i've asked this in other places before, but I am fascinated by the vibrations of sound and the patterns formed by sound.I'm sure you are all aware of the various geometric shapes that form in matter when certain tones and vibrations are applied.... what I am curious about is why during meditative states and for most people during expanded states of consciousness triggered by certain sacred substances/plants, particular psychoactive ingredients etc...we see so many beautiful colours and gemoetric patterns....??? are we seeing the sounds within our bodies as colour and pattern....??
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:04 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:are we seeing the sounds within our bodies as colour and pattern....??

sounds and visuals are interchangeable... deep states of meditative trance, consciousness, and alike, make us sense energies without physical aids like the senses of hearing, seeing, touching, tasting etc.

but, back in our mind, is our physical mind, Smile that cannot sense a thing without 'translating' into stimuli resembling those produced by physical senses...

thats why we hear sounds, see colours, etc. during such states, which, technically speaking, we should not have been experiencing, since we already have transcended the boundaries of physical being......

when i sense an incoming wave, i translate it as sound, and sometimes same thing might be trnaslated as a visual, and other day, the same might popp up as a feeling of smell....

these 'hallucinations' are the trickery of transition between our physical mind and metaphysical presence... pesonally, i dont give much importance to things i see, the sounds i hear, the smells i feel during meditation Smile since, my opinion is, that when we truly loosen grips of our physical mind, such feelings also evade in their natural course...

i just daydream that i will 'hear' a sound without 'hearing' it, and would 'see' a thing without getting a feeling of visual Smile

take care

salman
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks for sharing your take on my question Lambswool....when I first started out in healer development, my sense of smell became extremely heightened, and I would smell the most beuatiful scent during healing it kind of alerted me to the presence of my friends in spirit, it became quite intoxicating... and once while receiving healing from Gretchen Stevens for a very sore gum thing I had going on..during the healing I could smell a very strong aroma of disinfectant!! ahahah!!! I understand what you are saying, but I don't entirely agree...I don't ignore the visuals I get during meditation....I actually try and pay attention to them if I can because I feel there is something to be learned........but I am aware that a lot of meditation schools of thought tell us not to pay too much attention to the visuals but to try and move beyond........but I have found when I absorb myself in the visuals they take me beyond them and sometimes have led to fantastic journeys in other dimensions...

I am starting to come to the conclusion that when we see these geometric shapes and patterns during meditation, that we ARE actually 'seeing' the sounds within our own bodiesas pattern....the same/similar geometric shapes are seen the world over as a consequence of meditation or expanded consciousness due to ingesting an external stimuli.... it is such a common experience that it has to hold some meaning...

mandalas from different cultures throughout the ages have been used as meditation tools, yet these mandalas were first seen during expanded states of consciousness!!...so to me that would imply that by focusing on these wonderful manadalas, by paying attention to the visuals we see during meditation, will infact lead us deeper into ourselves...... but this is just my take on it... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 am