Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Pandora
chi_solas
Milarepa
7 posters

head lice

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

head lice Empty head lice

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:26 am

If, say, someone had head lice, in what way would you use Reiki to help the situation?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

head lice Empty Re: head lice

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:33 am

Pass them on to someone else Razz

I've had my share of lice in the
    classroom,long before Formal Reiki
    entered into my life.

IMO like anything I contact,I look
    for its source. Did I hang my hat or
    coat up in an area that's likely to
    breed lice. Did I share my hat with
    someone who had lice. What can I do
    to get rid of them without chemicals.
    After combing and cleaning the nits...

I might try using peppermint I hear that
    the lice don't like peppermint also Vinegar,
    tree oil....... Then you have the nits they
    are the sticky ones bom

A Reiki session after a lice treatment can
    help heal the head from the tenderness left
    behind by these little vampires. scratch

After the Reiki Session its clean up as usual..
    after a lice session making sure sheets coverings,
    rugs are thoroughly washed to avoid spreading
    taking the usual precautions. head lice 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 am

Thanks Bridget. Good advice.

reason i've made the topic is to generate a discussion as to whether there's limititions (or not) to what Reiki can help. Or, if there's cases where it shouldn't be used. Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:30 am

What I'd do is:

10ml grapeseed oil (if you have hempseed oil use that)
    2drops peppermint oil
    2 drops lavender oil
    2 drops rosemary oil
    2 drops tea tree oil
    1 CKR
    Mix all together.

Apply to head and leave overnight (wrap hair in cling film or shower cap). Wash off in morning.

But then I'm an aromatherapist too!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:58 am

Milarepa wrote:Thanks Bridget. Good advice.

reason i've made the topic is to generate a discussion as to whether there's limititions (or not) to what Reiki can help. Or, if there's cases where it shouldn't be used. Smile .

Take care
    Wayne

The Reiki system is only a tool to
    help a healing process along. Its
    good to look at issues such as lice
    and find out what role Reiki plays
    in moving them along. What is the
    message that these tiny vermin have
    when they cross our path. When I was
    a kid we were told, that lice are after
    rich blood. When the school nurse came
    and you were found to have them you were
    sent to the NHS clinic and off with your
    hair. That was what I remember about NHS
    health control. i do hope it has changed
    since I was a kid.
    Laughing
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:03 am

Pandora wrote:What I'd do is:

2drops peppermint oil
    2 drops lavender oil
    2 drops rosemary oil
    2 drops tea tree oil
    1 CKR
    Mix all together.

Apply to head and leave overnight (wrap hair in cling film or shower cap). Wash off in morning.

This recipe is better than just Mayonaise. affraid

What other use do you have for grapeseed oil?
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:35 am

Milarepa wrote:If, say, someone had head lice, in what way would you use Reiki to help the situation?

Hi Wayne,

Lets see now....I would start out by attuning each and every louse to master level in Reiki, then, after giving them sufficient time to study the precepts, they would be so unwilling to do harm to another, that they would leave the infected party of their own accord. At this point, the "enlightened lice" would have no choice but to go off and start their own spiritual healing institute...probably called something like..."The Dojo of Many Little Hands"...What do ya think?

I do think although, that i may have to use distance attunements unfortunately....

Oh, yeah....I forgot...they would be vegetarians at this point...the attunements....do wonderful things...

Very Happy RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:25 am

lol! . excellant post! hehe.

seriously, the reason of the topic is to see how folks initially feel about the use to use Reiki to harm the life or lifestyle of insects.

This could be interesting. i'm stepping it up from the 'germ' saga.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 am

Hi Folks,

I think it may be important to remember that in this we are taking a position in regard to what ULFE and Reiki are defined as, by people in general....People generally speaking, have no real idea what these energies can do or what their boundries are....so.....To me, it may be, more of a case of us not understanding the interconnectedness of the Universe, more so than a question of whether or not Reiki or ULFE is killing another life form on our behalf. We see death, but maybe it`s just energy changing state...nothing to be concerned about, if one views the bigger picture...This is an interesting question...

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:09 am

Reikijim wrote: We see death, but maybe it`s just energy changing state...

energy never disappears, it changes state. This doesn't mean it's cool to go over to Canada and kill you, eh? Hehe. The right to live, and the want to be alive, is a right that is surely wanted by all lifeforms.

So, how does this tie in with foloks ideas of Reiki?

Take care
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:25 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Reikijim wrote: We see death, but maybe it`s just energy changing state...

energy never disappears, it changes state. This doesn't mean it's cool to go over to Canada and kill you, eh? Hehe. The right to live, and the want to be alive, is a right that is surely wanted by all lifeforms.

Take care
    Wayne

Only if one has been granted a certain level of awareness... Is a bug aware of it`s own mortality...or is it "just living" as it has no other purpose? We are projecting values of humanity on all beings here...

All life forms seem to want to procreate, possibly a responsibility that comes with life...I do not know....

Really the outcome of this discussion can only lead in one direction...Is a humans survival more important to the Universe than a bugs survival? If we take for granted that ULFE and Reiki can effect another life forms existence in a negative way....and we direct this energy...then it would seem that our survival is more empowered than a bugs...Well my ego says...I thank my lucky stars for that small grace....

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:37 am

We gotta be careful here. Are we talking from the viewpoint of what the universe/divine wants, or, from what we humans want.

We're naturally, instinctively, gonna think we're entitled to life above all other things, if it comes down to a choice. Be it life-threatening, or comfortabaility.

Either all life is precious, or we enter into Orwellian 'All life is equal, but some is more equal than others'.
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 am

Milarepa wrote:If, say, someone had head lice, in what way would you use Reiki to help the situation?

I think you'd have to try it in whichever way you deem appropriate and see how it works.

Don't think my wife would be too keen on waiting on an experiment though if the kids had head lice - it'd be straight to the Chemist.

There are hand treatments to deal with intestinal parasites in "The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui"...

John
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 am

JohnC wrote:

I think you'd have to try it in whichever way you deem appropriate and see how it works.

Don't think my wife would be too keen on waiting on an experiment though if the kids had head lice - it'd be straight to the Chemist.

There are hand treatments to deal with intestinal parasites in "The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui"...

John

hiya Bro,
    How does Arjava suggest to treat them?
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:06 am

Milarepa wrote:How does Arjava suggest to treat them?

Are you saying something may have been added in translation?
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:09 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Pandora wrote:What I'd do is:

2drops peppermint oil
    2 drops lavender oil
    2 drops rosemary oil
    2 drops tea tree oil
    1 CKR
    Mix all together.

This recipe is better than just Mayonaise. affraid

What other use do you have for grapeseed oil?

It's a wonderful all-purpose oil which is the oil of choice at the hospice for aromatherapy and massage, because it doesn't set nut allergies off. I cook with it too, and it does make a good mayo!
    JohnC
    JohnC

Post by JohnC Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:13 am

This is the best thread ever!

Literally!

Like two different species. Didn't someone write a book about that?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:16 am

JohnC wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:How does Arjava suggest to treat them?

Are you saying something may have been added in translation?

i havn't read the book, and prob won't ever. don't agree with it being marketed as being co-authored by Usui sensei. That says enough for me.

Which is why i asked you the question about what Arjava is suggesting. Unless Usui sensei is somewhere in Germany, having a beer with Arjava perhaps, Hehe, Then it was Arjava whom is the sole author, using questionable text puported to be from Usui sensei.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Milarepa wrote:i havn't read the book...

However you have probably read other translations of the Usui Ryoho Shishin...
    Smile

[ see section four: Diseases of the Digestive System ]
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:09 am

Hikkei heaven. lol!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:08 pm

headlice are little b*stards!!!!!!!!

they are a modern plague ( I have 3 kids and both myself and my daughter have long hair)......and now of course we have the new and improved SUPER headlouse, fast becoming immune to all manner of chemical treatments........I have a zapping comb, all manner of chemical treatments and all manner of gentler treatments........tea tree oil, lavender, conditioner and 'comb them out.......

believe me headlice are a horrible little parasites.....I started a discussion on another board a few years back about the role and purpose of the head louse on earth in the grand scheme of things....there were some very interesting answers!! ahahahahahahahaha

headlice are a scurge and should be removed from the face of the planet along with all other parasites, tape worm, scabies and all manner of nasties which serve no purpose only cause harm....

so to the initial question, in what way would I use Reiki to help the situation??....I would use Reiki as a calming aid to help the infested person not feel out of control, distraught and dirty.... its a horrible thing having headlice and only makes me feel for the poor soldiers in the first world war covered in body lice fighting in the trenches..... all lice should be anihilated from the face of the earth.... and I'd happily stand at the front line with a blow torch...

one lady suggested that perhaps buddhist monks shaved their head to avoid picking up headlice and theirfore avoid killing them..... perhaops they shaved their nether regions too.....??
    head lice 564490
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:25 am

good to see quite clearly your feelings sharon! Hehe.

My daughter had them recently. Best thing we had, as she's real long hair, was Hedrin liquid gel is without doubt the best. Kill lice & eggs also. also no tolerance is devleoped by the lice. simply put it on for an hour at least, and wash out. no combimg reuired. then do agian one week later.

i bought outta boots, £18 damn pound. i see online it is much cheaper.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:59 am

I have spent an absolute fortune over the years on various treatments!! thankfully we haven't had them in the house for a couple of years now....but when my daughter was at junior school I literally had to check her hair every single night!! it was a bleeding nightmare! I was so furious one time that I sent out notes to all the houses on my estate asking that parents check their childrens hair!! cos some parents were so blaze about it and sent their kids to school knowing they had headlice and without treating them!!, its NO joke when you have hair down your back..

I've had headlice more as an adult in the last ten years than I ever did as a child!!

so like I said I'd be first in line with a blow torch!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:32 pm