Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

George Carlin's Views on Aging

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

George Carlin's Views on Aging Empty George Carlin's Views on Aging

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm

George Carlin's Views on Aging

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

'How old are you?' ' I'm four and a half!' You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

'How old are you?' 'I'm gonna be 16!' You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life ! You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling.. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING40.. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone..

But! wait!! ! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So... you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and make it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into ! your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90's, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST 92.'

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. 'I'm 100 and a half!'
    May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

renukakkar
    renukakkar

George Carlin's Views on Aging Empty Re: George Carlin's Views on Aging

Post by renukakkar Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:33 pm

i like that, in all that humour there is bitter reality...

as kids we are happy with the birthdays. adding age plus a half makes us feel more grown up. surprisingly children always say ' it is my happy birthday, please come for my happy birthday party.'

as u grow up into adulthood, it is not a happy birthday party but a birthday bash...changing to a quiet dinner for the family as you grow older.

i have reaached 50 plus but i dont look it. just changed my profile pic. this was taken by my son on 28.7.2010 Smile

i think we should have our minds active,our thoughts positive,exercise and good proper food. in other words have a healthy orientation . one should not say i want to look or be young but that i should look good at my age.
    young age is growth of cells which you do not want at a later age as at that time growth of cells is slower. excess growth of cells means cancerous growth. so be happy with what you have and happiness shows us as a glow on the face.

renu
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 am

renu, you sure have a healthy glow flower

I love your interpretations of a
    Happy birthday sunny
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:09 am

yes, i have been listening to my kids and their friends.. when they invite for birthday parties it is always my happy birthday party...it is my happy birthday today... cheers

by the way my happy birthday falls on 28 th november Smilebounce

renu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:26 pm