Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Training Children?

Bruce

Training Children? Empty Training Children?

Post by Bruce Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 am

Does anyone have advice about training children in energy healing generally? Long story short, I taught my 9-year-old nephew how to do some qigong-based healing, and he shows some ability in it. I'm wondering how his development might be encouraged and continued, given that we live some thousands of miles away from each other.

Thanks.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Training Children? Empty Re: Training Children?

Post by Milarepa Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 am

Good topioc this! I havn't a proper interent connection till maybe Wed, so will repsond more then. Have you ever saw the material from Spring forest Qigong for ideas?
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:03 am

Milarepa wrote:Good topioc this! I havn't a proper interent connection till maybe Wed, so will repsond more then. Have you ever saw the material from Spring forest Qigong for ideas?

Hi, Wayne,

That's Chunyi qigong? If so, I've seen some of the material, though not much of it. The most memorable thing for me was a description given by someone who knows the head of that system, re. a recitation before distant healing.

But, distant teaching? For a 9-yr.-old student?

Bruce
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 am

I think my response the teaching a nine year to heal at a distance would be...you may find it difficult,for a number of reasons, however if he was eager to learn and self teach then your guidance may be valuable, my children are wonderful healers my son now 12 has had his Reiki I attunment, it was a wonderful experience for us all he and his dad were attuned on the same day!...my two daughters are also wonderful natural healers one is three and the other six, we talk of healing very openly and heal very openly, it is normal and natural especially for the girls..
    If I were to offer anything further I would say my inclination would be to pass on your knowledge of working with crystals, children love them and can fully connect with their energy, it’s fun and educational to them.
    with much love and light
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:48 am

Bruce wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:Good topioc this! I havn't a proper interent connection till maybe Wed, so will repsond more then. Have you ever saw the material from Spring forest Qigong for ideas?

Hi, Wayne,

That's Chunyi qigong? If so, I've seen some of the material, though not much of it. The most memorable thing for me was a description given by someone who knows the head of that system, re. a recitation before distant healing.

But, distant teaching? For a 9-yr.-old student?

Bruce

Yeah bruce that's him. Also Ken Cohen has got a pretty good dvd package also. My apologies, i was pushed for time yesterday. I was thinking both of the mentioned folks stuff could maybe give you ideas to work with. What about skype video calls? I do them with my Kuji-in teacher. You'd prob be able to see what your nephew is like energetically then? I've used yahoo messenger also, but skype seems far better for me personally. i got a 20 mb connection, so either should be good for me, but i recently had a video call with my martial arts teacher whom is in Bangladesh atm, and it was pretty choppy on yahoo.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 am

Dharma wrote:I think my response the teaching a nine year to heal at a distance would be...you may find it difficult,for a number of reasons, however if he was eager to learn and self teach then your guidance may be valuable, my children are wonderful healers my son now 12 has had his Reiki I attunment, it was a wonderful experience for us all he and his dad were attuned on the same day!...my two daughters are also wonderful natural healers one is three and the other six, we talk of healing very openly and heal very openly, it is normal and natural especially for the girls..
    If I were to offer anything further I would say my inclination would be to pass on your knowledge of working with crystals, children love them and can fully connect with their energy, it’s fun and educational to them.
    with much love and light

Dharma, that's wonderful. When learning children have less baggage
    than adults. Teaching children a simple task of dialing 911 has
    saved many lives children as young as 3 have the capability to
    understand more than we give them credit. When carrying a small child
    just the touch of their small gentle hand on your face as they explore
    their world has a soothing feeling. If a child shows interest in Reiki
    or other energy source teach them the basics if they want to know more
    continue to teach more. Make books available at their level. We should
    generate a list of Reiki books for children. sunny bounce

Here's my first contribution to the list study

"I can show you I care." compassionate touch for children by Susan Cotta
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:53 am

Thanks, everybody who's responded.

Milarepa wrote:What about skype video calls? I do them with my Kuji-in teacher. You'd prob be able to see what your nephew is like energetically then? I've used yahoo messenger also, but skype seems far better for me personally. i got a 20 mb connection, so either should be good for me, but i recently had a video call with my martial arts teacher whom is in Bangladesh atm, and it was pretty choppy on yahoo.

I haven't tried it. But video generally doesn't give me the sort of energetic information that phone calls do. (And I don't know why.)

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm

I havn't got the abilities to see energy myself, i know though that a guy was easily able to look deep into me via phone call, it was his preffered way fo doing things, ties in with you're expereince.
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Dharma wrote:

I will look into the book sounds lovely just before Christmas I bought the girls The little soul and the sun, a parable adapted from conversations with god, which was wonderful every child should have it read to them or read it...times have really changed I remember about 10 years ago when I still lived in Scotland I started a healing based class for kids combining healing sound and movement, it didn’t go down well at the time, I think now it would be received better, I am hoping sometime later in the year do develop a few workshops with kids and animals, I have a friend who owns a smallish animal sanctuary with lots of horses, I feel a healing workshop with the kids and the animals would be wonderful..I agree with you completely children are the most wonderful healers; anything that encourages them to hold onto this will be a blessing to us all.
    with much love and light to you xxx
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:35 am

Dharma wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Dharma wrote:

I will look into the book sounds lovely just before Christmas I bought the girls The little soul and the sun, a parable adapted from conversations with god, which was wonderful every child should have it read to them or read it...times have really changed I remember about 10 years ago when I still lived in Scotland I started a healing based class for kids combining healing sound and movement, it didn’t go down well at the time, I think now it would be received better, I am hoping sometime later in the year do develop a few workshops with kids and animals, I have a friend who owns a smallish animal sanctuary with lots of horses, I feel a healing workshop with the kids and the animals would be wonderful..I agree with you completely children are the most wonderful healers; anything that encourages them to hold onto this will be a blessing to us all.
    with much love and light to you xxx

Dharma you are fortunate to have access to the sanctuary.
    My granddaughter rides horses and also volunteers at the
    stables. She is not initiated formally into the Reiki system
    but she does Reiki with the horses. She is surrounded with 2
    doting grandmothers who are Reiki teachers. I feel in her own
    time she to will become a formal Reiki teacher.Training Children? 850837

I love the idea of your children workshops I would suggest
    adding plants. I at a young age labeled myself as not having
    a green thumb, many decades later during my healing journey I
    got close to the earth and surprized myself. flower

The little soul and the sun, a parable adapted from conversations with god,
    Thank you I love it sunny
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:56 am

Chi_solas wrote:

Dharma you are fortunate to have access to the sanctuary.
    My granddaughter rides horses and also volunteers at the
    stables. She is not initiated formally into the Reiki system
    but she does Reiki with the horses. She is surrounded with 2
    doting grandmothers who are Reiki teachers. I feel in her own
    time she to will become a formal Reiki teacher.Training Children? 850837

I love that! how lucky is she! both her grandmas Reiki Masters....
    Horse’s kids and healing just go so well together, for all concered! and I am quite sure she will go very far.

my son volunteers and rides for a medieval show team with rescued ponies and horses, were working towards bringing in a little awareness towards more natural horsemanship.

Chi_solas wrote:
    I love the idea of your children workshops I would suggest
    adding plants. I at a young age labeled myself as not having
    a green thumb, many decades later during my healing journey I
    got close to the earth and surprized myself. flower

plants sound perfect!
    xxx

Chi_solas wrote:The little soul and the sun, a parable adapted from conversations with god,
    Thank you I love it sunny

Last edited by Milarepa on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotes)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat May 08, 2010 3:24 pm

salman & stardust I'm not sure of the original source. Embarassed
    I'll have to send the whole story by P.M. is that OK?

A story for children ...Reiki is energy for all beings, just like electricity is the energy for light. Without electricity the light can't burn. Reiki is a different kind of energy but it has a lot in common with electricity.

Reiki is a beautiful Japanese word meaning: universal energy of life. Reiki comes from God or from the cosmos or from heaven or how you would like to name it.

Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat May 08, 2010 5:47 pm

chi_solas wrote:salman & stardust I'm not sure of the original source. Embarassed
    I'll have to send the whole story by P.M. is that OK?

A story for children ...Reiki is energy for all beings, just like electricity is the energy for light. Without electricity the light can't burn. Reiki is a different kind of energy but it has a lot in common with electricity.

Reiki is a beautiful Japanese word meaning: universal energy of life. Reiki comes from God or from the cosmos or from heaven or how you would like to name it.

Sounds great!  Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 am