Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
chi_solas
Milarepa
LightBody
7 posters

Buck, Nick & Family

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Buck, Nick & Family Empty Buck, Nick & Family

Post by LightBody Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 am

Note: Hi everyone. I'm going to place this message in the Healing Requests section because at the end of it I invite others to offer/send Reiki.

---

My apologies for being relatively incognito these last few months. Quite a lot has gone on in my life that has prevented me from progressing in many ways.

It began last October when I was totally jazzed that the book was almost finished (at least I think it was October) and my computer melted. Yes, it literally melted. At first I thought the hard drive crashed so I bought a new one and that didn't fix the problem. Then troubleshooting with the manufacturer indicated it was either the motherboard or cpu. It took three weeks to determine that it was both (which needed to be replaced). Then, once the new motherboard and cpu were in place, the computer still did not work right and the power supply needed to be replaced. By the first week of December the computer was up and running, and I was totally burned out. I was exhausted from getting so excited to being so close to the project being finished and then something always going wrong at the last minute that I just needed a break. December was to be my month of vegg'ing out, doing nothing except eating, washing, and watching TV. That too, didn't work out.

A very close friend of mine whom I have known two years called. Since we first met, he had always complained about his struggle to find regular employment. He is a public school teacher who teaches science to children, and the State of California does not value education... he has been out of work on a regular basis and for the last year has struggled to pay the rent where he was renting a room. One Friday evening, he called and asked if he could move in until he finds a regular job and can move out. I said yes.

By January he was moved in. I live in a small studio apartment and had requested an additional storage space from the apartment complex, but one had not been provided the apartment was tighter than a crab in its shell.

We have always gotten along very well, well enough that after the first nine months of knowing each other I invited him to move in. What I didn't know was his schedule... he gets up at 11 a.m most days, goes out with friends around 10 or 11 p.m. and returns home well after 1:30 a.m. most days. My schedule involves going to bed by 9 p.m. and getting up at 5 a.m. Believing that his stay was going to be a month or two, I focused on the love that I have for him as a friend and adjusted to his schedule. Once my point of comfort had been attained, he got sick.

One evening he cooked a delicious dinner that we enjoyed together. Less than an hour later he threw up in the sink, and moments later he returned to cradle the toilet. He remained cradling the toilet until 4 a.m. or so, and by 4:30 we were able to go to bed. Throughout that entire time I remained by his side to keep a glass of water within his reach and to be present to call an ambulance if he passed out.

He was bedridden for a week, and I took care of him that entire time. The next week he took his time getting his energy back and by the weekend began to return to his normal life. Saturday night he went out as was his norm, and he returned quite late in the evening. At 3:00 a.m. his cell phone went off in vibrate mode. It was laying on a desk that amplified its vibrations quite well, moreso in the confines of a small room. I turned to him and asked with some sarcasm "is that your phone," to which he replied "yes," and we both went back to sleep.

That Sunday morning I had to have breakfast with a friend from New York who was visiting San Francisco. When I returned to the apartment, Nick was frantically packing a small bag with a small supply of clothing and hygiene supplies. I asked what's wrong, and he said that the call that came in last night was his step-father--his mother was admitted to the hospital.

"I'm sorry," I said, and kept out of his way while he packed. Standing in the hallway as he was ready to leave, I gave him a hug and said "give this love to your mom" and kissed him on his cheek. He left, and I hoped for the best.

Monday evening I was tired but was having trouble falling asleep, so I took some NyQuil, a medicine to help one sleep. About ten minutes later at 11:30 p.m., Nick called. I could hear the pain in his voice as he apologized for not calling me sooner, and trying to hold back tears he said that his mother had returned to the Tao. She died Sunday afternoon. I stayed on the phone with him for two hours only because the battery in his phone was losing power.

February was full of depression. Nick was very close to his mother. Leigh was 48 years old and had the stereo-typical Hollywood body that portrayed an image of perfect health. The autopsy revealed no health problems. She just died.

During February I did everything I could to support Nick through this time. I think one thing that made it more difficult was that the family delayed the funeral. She died January 31st, the funeral was February 26th. But now Nick is feeling much better. Perhaps the delay was good because it allowed him to process more of the pain. I don't know. But closure happened last Friday, and Nick is feeling much better.

Now with those inconveniences and tragedies behind us, we can move on with our lives. I need to focus on my college classes, and Nick is preparing to move to China to teach English.

That's why I haven't been around much lately.
    This semester I have classes every Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday's are generally a free (uh, get-caught-up) day. Friday's, Saturday's and Sunday's are good for online chats (see my profile for the IM addresses).

Love & Light,
    Buck

p.s. If anyone would like to offer Reiki to help continue healing the situation and even provide distance Reiki to the past, it will be appreciated and very welcome. If you would like to tune-in to a pic of us, this one was taken last summer:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Buck, Nick & Family Empty Re: Buck, Nick & Family

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:03 am

Good God buddy! It's been a real hectic time!. i'm gonna do some absent healing for Nick in a short while.

Even though this has been obviously a very draining time for you personally, it's really remarkable that you can still be so active, doing all the self-development you continue to do. Pat on the back for you too buddy, you got the heart of a warrior!

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 am

Milarepa wrote:,,, it's really remarkable that you can still be so active, doing all the self-development you continue to do.

My friend has been in pain, how can I do anything less than help support him through it?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:03 am

yeah, i was speaking about your whole trials & tribulations you spoke of even before (and including) your friends mother passed.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:19 am

sunny Reiki sent sunny
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:23 am

Reiki on the way for all concerned!
    Hang on in there!
    Smile
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:05 pm

with much healing to you and Nick and his family many blessings of peace love and light
    hialeah
    hialeah

Post by hialeah Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:42 am

You opened both your home and your heart. Reiki sent.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 am

Hello everyone.

Thank you all so much for the love, support, and Reiki.

Healing is happening.

Thank you.
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Buck, Nick & Family Empty healing

Post by vijaybali Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:22 pm

hai buck,

What i say about you you are always natural as you write. Not feel alone we are with you. I pray to god it give you power to you and your friend to comeout this satuation as soon as possible. I understand your satution.......

i will send reiki to you and your frined today...

keep it up

vj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:55 pm