Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

The secret history of the world

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

The secret history of the world Empty The secret history of the world

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:42 am

The secret history of the world by Jonathan Black.

I went into town yesterday with the missus for a coffee. Decided to sit outside in little area, even though i had on a t-shirt in a coldish morning. Was looking around me when i noticed a bookshop for the very first time. After our coffee we decided to go check it out. Went to the 3rd floor, to th emind/bosy/spirit section, and the first book i went to was the one above.

It really interested me at the start, but it was only when i got hom later i noticed how important the whole experience might be.

You see, we never go into the city just to get a coffee. I usually don't sit outside in a t-shirt when i'm starting to shiver. We noticed & went into a bookshop for the first time. And the very first book i noticed happened to be the collective subject matter of my personal interest research areas i've done over the last 2 years. Areas i actually never knew to connect to one another so strongly, until i saw this book has done it.

So, my missus bought it for me today, and i'm gonna start reading it tonight.

Review
    This book will take you on a jaw-dropping journey through the spiritual and mythological history of the world A... A wonderfully controversial read, which challenges the accepted view and spiritual history of human society - Soul and Spirit Magazine
    Product Description
    Here for the first time is a complete history of the world, from the beginning of time to the present day, based on the beliefs and writings of the secret societies. From the esoteric account of the evolution of the species to the occult roots of science, from the secrets of the Flood to the esoteric motives behind American foreign policy, here is a narrative history that shows the basic facts of human existence on this planet can be viewed from a very different angle. Everything in this history is upside down, inside out and the other way around.At the heart of "The Secret History of the World" is the belief that we can reach an altered state of consciousness in which we can see things about the way the world works that are hidden from us in our everyday, commonsensical consciousness. This history shows that by using secret techniques, people such as Leonardo da Vinci, Isaac Newton and George Washington have worked themselves into this altered state - and been able to access supernatural levels of intelligence. There have been many books on the subject, but, extraordinarily, no-one has really listened to what the secret societies themselves say. The author has been helped in his researches by his friendship with a man who is an initiate of more than one secret society, and in one case an initiate of the highest level.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

The secret history of the world Empty Re: The secret history of the world

Post by Colin Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:10 am

Hi Wayne

Yes, it is a great book and also connected a lot of what I had studied previously!

I read it on my trip to Japan (and back!) a couple of years ago.

Not only that I ended up getting it in paperback again for my birthday this year!

Obviously, we're being told something here! Wink

Laughing
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 am

sounds like my kinda book lets us know how you go...i miss bookshops...the whole experiance ...amazon some how lacks a little somthing for me ...enjoy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 am

Hi colin,
    I was gonna pm you and tell you bout it, i thought it'd be right down your street!

Yeah dharma, there's somethin bout going into the peace of a bookshop, that spirit within it, that just appeals!

Edit: Ya know, i just remembered something else bout this book that was odd. today when i went back to the shop to get it, it wasn't there. I went and ask a lady, and she went to a completely different bookshelf. What's odd is that where it should have been (and was today) it was on the shelf on it's side 9with other copies), so not as noticeable. when it was in the wrong section yesterday, it was on it's back so i could see the front cover, and it caught my eye. Only for it being in the wrong place at the right time, i wouldn't have came across it again.

Hehe, it's real weird all this. To me anyway, Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Milarepa wrote:Hi colin,
    I was gonna pm you and tell you bout it, i thought it'd be right down your street!

Yeah dharma, there's somethin bout going into the peace of a bookshop, that spirit within it, that just appeals!

Edit: Ya know, i just remembered something else bout this book that was odd. today when i went back to the shop to get it, it wasn't there. I went and ask a lady, and she went to a completely different bookshelf. What's odd is that where it should have been (and was today) it was on the shelf on it's side 9with other copies), so not as noticeable. when it was in the wrong section yesterday, it was on it's back so i could see the front cover, and it caught my eye. Only for it being in the wrong place at the right time, i wouldn't have came across it again.

Hehe, it's real weird all this. To me anyway, Very Happy

scratch its called ....synchronicity The secret history of the world 850837

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm