Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Interview with Mari Hall

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Interview with Mari Hall Empty Interview with Mari Hall

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:56 am

Q1.Mari, can you tell us a bit about yourself, your background with Reiki, who you trained with and what service you provide now?

Mari Hall wrote:
    I took Reiki One and Two in 1980 with Iris Ishikura. I did not think I would want to go further. I only wanted to work on myself and my health issues. However after Iris passed away and I was well in my body , mind and spirit I began to think that I would like to assist others in finding the peace and health I had as a result of Reiki. I met Margaret Shelton in Houston and took my Masters work with her. I started teaching levels One and Two here in Houston, TX. In 1989 I moved to Europe and was one of the first Reiki teachers in the UK, Norway, Greece, Czechoslovakia and Poland. I ended up in Czechoslovakia living there and traveling all over the world teaching. I founded and directed the International Association of Reiki in 1989 in Scotland and moved the base to Czech. I taught Levels One and Two, A professional Level of Reiki and Reiki Master Teacher. I also had an advanced course between Level Two and Professional level for self work and self understanding that was 9 months long and we had a meeting one weekend a month. I had students in my advanced courses in The Netherlands, Czech, Greece France, Belgium, Australia and Poland. I taught Children's Reiki courses. I developed and taught Reiki courses for blind people. I developed and taught Reiki in the prison system of Czech. I worked with doctors in hospitals and in several countries. I have done research with doctors.

I now still travel from my base in Houston Texas a few times a year. I do travel internationally teaching and also talking about Reiki in Reiki conferences. Most of my work with Reiki is teaching at my home and also treating clients at my home as well. I mentor Reiki people who write. I call it reflecting and sharing. I write articles and books on Reiki. Six books have been published in many languages. I also teach another healing modality called One Energy Therapy. I have personally taught over 45,000 people Reiki.

Q2. How would you interpret the word 'Reiki'?

Mari Hall wrote:
    Universal Life giving energy...Universal unconditional Love.

Q3. What do you think is happening in a Reiki session?

Mari Hall wrote:
    I am a witness to the clients use of the energy. The energy goes to where it is needed and on what level. A harmonious state is reached so that healing can take place.

Q4. What do you think is happening, at a basic level, in a Reiki attunement/initiation/reiju?

Mari Hall wrote:
    Re connecting to the divine energy of love called Reiki. I am again witness to that reconnection "Remembering energetically that we are that light and essence"

Q5. Do you think Reiki can be used to help situations and inanimate objects as well as living things?

Mari Hall wrote:
    All things, people and experiences are energy. Reiki works with all energy therefore it works with inanimate objects, situations both present and past...and into the future as well as clearing jewelry and crystals.

Q6. Reiki is now becoming popular within the medical system. What role do you believe Reiki plays in the traditional medical system?

Mari Hall wrote:
    It goes hand in hand with medicine and can be used as a complement to any medical treatment. Certainly working with doctors in clinical application has been a large part of my Reiki Practice. Many doctors and nurses and health professionals have taken Reiki classes with me.

Q7. Distant Reiki and permission has always been a topic with many pros & cons what's your view on this given the earthquake disasters in Haiti and Chile?

Mari Hall wrote:
    I send energy to every situation and crisis for the highest good of all people involved. I have been sending Reiki like this for 30 years.

Q8. Many Reiki practitioners say you can go back into the past and heal it. What's your take on this issue?

Mari Hall wrote:
    Yes that has been my experience. But, it does not change what happened what it does is free the trapped emotion (reaction) to the situation so that a healing takes place at a very deep level. I have experienced this myself and have worked with many clients using this technique.

Q9. Have you had any notable experiences concerning Reiki that you could tell us about?

Mari Hall wrote:
    My life is continually blessed. I have seen and experienced many miracles with the use of Reiki. If I had not had Reiki I know I would not have lived past 40 years of age. I am not in a wheelchair when I had been told I would be by the time I was 40 and I tried to take my life. I have survived many things with the help of Reiki. But notable experiences are with the many people I have touched and been touched by. I have worked with literally many thousands of people. Each one teaches me as does the energy of Reiki. I think it is a process of surrender.

Q10. Can you describe your relationship with Reiki, and how it's affected you?

Mari Hall wrote:
    Best Friend, It is the first thing I do in the morning, the last thing at night. I trust Reiki completely and am honored to be an instrument for Reiki.

Q11. Do you feel that Reiki needs standard guidelines across the board for practitioners to obtain certification?

Mari Hall wrote:
    What a question... In Europe I was on the Board of Complementary Medicine for the European Union. Our task was to write the standards for education and practice for all modalities. My standards for the teaching and practice of Reiki were said to be the highest in the EU. Yes I do believe we need standards/guidelines. In this way people know we have taken the time and made a commitment to being and doing our best for them. Stand tall in our field!

Q12. Is there anything that I/we have not asked that you find is important when talking about Reiki?

Mari Hall wrote:
    In the center of Reiki is Love, Oneness and truth. I welcome all of us to remember we are One and One in Reiki.

Q13. What are your hopes & aspirations for the future of Reiki?

Mari Hall wrote:
    That we unite in the heart. Respect our differences, celebrate the sameness and dance in the light that we all are together. It is time for unity. More.....OK, that Reiki is found in and used in every household in every country of the world. The prescription written is for Reiki.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Interview with Mari Hall Empty Re: Interview with Mari Hall

Post by chi_solas Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 am

I want to say Interview with Mari Hall 307123 to Marni.
    I spent hours at the public Library
    in 2002 searching for books to guide
    me through my healing journey. Your
    Reiki books were a source of comfort
    to me. It seemed that the right books
    always appeared at the right time.I've
    enjoyed reading your wisechoice newsletter
    over the years.

Reading your interview answers has given
    me more insight to the great Reiki work
    that you do flower
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Very inspirational interview, many thanks Mari!
    hialeah
    hialeah

Post by hialeah Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 am

Interview with Mari Hall 307123

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm