Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+8
Thaak
Reikijim
Lambs-Wool
Frank
Lisel
rzukic
chi_solas
rubyberrie
12 posters

what would happen if you did not get the symbols quite right?

Pachamama

what would happen if you did not get the symbols quite right? - Page 2 Empty Re: what would happen if you did not get the symbols quite right?

Post by Pachamama Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 am

I still do not hold the view that the symbols are 'within' me. Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

what would happen if you did not get the symbols quite right? - Page 2 Empty Re: what would happen if you did not get the symbols quite right?

Post by Milarepa Tue May 17, 2011 4:16 am

what exactly has helped you form this opinion?
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue May 17, 2011 4:49 am

my own innate questioning..... I appreciate that an energetic imprint can be retained in certain levels of our being ( just as we can hold on to the energetic imprints of certain memories, events, emotions....etc...) but I do not hold to the idea that an energetic imprint of a symbol can be 'placed' within someone and 'sealed' in there never to escape! ( Laughing ) we do not need to have anything placed within us, we have already got everything we need.... it's just that some inner doors are a little harder to open than others, and for me, the attunements simply acted as keys to some of those doors.

If you and many others I know feel the same way, think that the symbols are 'placed' within, then at which level of our being are they placed? if they have been 'put in' can they be removed again? what if someone recieved an attunement that wasn't so pleasant and wanted whatever symbols had supposedly be 'placed within' taken out? is there a reverse procedure available for those who may have received some unhealthy symbol from planet zorg? ( its possible, so many strains of 'Reiki' so many symbols out there who's to say some haven't been channelled from zorg?? Laughing

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 am

Pachamama wrote:

If you and many others I know feel the same way, think that the symbols are 'placed' within, then at which level of our being are they placed?

i'm not sure many do feel this way. At which level are they placed, at every level.

Pachamama wrote:
    if they have been 'put in' can they be removed again?

Some say they can do this, i'm not sure either way, it's beyond my skill or knowledge. It's quite a point for folks to be discerning just what spiritual process they experience though.

Pachamama wrote:
    what if someone recieved an attunement that wasn't so pleasant and wanted whatever symbols had supposedly be 'placed within' taken out?

Like happened to me. For me it passed after some weeks. and now i dont use the symbols or system consciously. Folks say intent is important, but it's thought, word & deed that is.

Pachamama wrote:
    is there a reverse procedure available for those who may have received some unhealthy symbol from planet zorg? ( its possible, so many strains of 'Reiki' so many symbols out there who's to say some haven't been channelled from zorg?? Laughing

I don't know. And i dunno if it'd work. For me i just havn't used 2 other styles. Concentrated on Usui Shiki, and it's sorted out for me.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Pachamama wrote:

If you and many others I know feel the same way, think that the symbols are 'placed' within, then at which level of our being are they placed?

i'm not sure many do feel this way. At which level are they placed, at every level.

Pachamama wrote:
    if they have been 'put in' can they be removed again?

Some say they can do this, i'm not sure either way, it's beyond my skill or knowledge. It's quite a point for folks to be discerning just what spiritual process they experience though.

Pachamama wrote:
    what if someone recieved an attunement that wasn't so pleasant and wanted whatever symbols had supposedly be 'placed within' taken out?

Like happened to me. For me it passed after some weeks. and now i dont use the symbols or system consciously. Folks say intent is important, but it's thought, word & deed that is.

Pachamama wrote:
    is there a reverse procedure available for those who may have received some unhealthy symbol from planet zorg? ( its possible, so many strains of 'Reiki' so many symbols out there who's to say some haven't been channelled from zorg?? Laughing

I don't know. And i dunno if it'd work. For me i just havn't used 2 other styles. Concentrated on Usui Shiki, and it's sorted out for me.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

hmm, so you had some dodgy attunement? ( forgive me if I should remember this, its been a while since I've been on these boards) and you believe that the symbols used are still 'inside' you??

It's thinking like this that leads to people having irrational thoughts about what is real and what is not real, leading to mental health issues! The whole idea of a symbol being 'placed' within me, makes no sense to me what so ever. Whether it be for good or bad, placing some external symbol 'within' another person for the rest of their life, would be a violation of the highest order. As I said, we already have everything we need within us, for me the energetic imprinting of these symbols simply acted at keys to doors. I embarked on a healing course a few years back with an Australian lady, she was a fantastic healer, although I had a few issues with her, the postives definately outweighed the negatives. One comment she made was in using tools in regards to healing, she emphasised not relying too much on tools for healing, she said why use tools when we all have direct access to the source of healing? without realising it, people can limit their healing potential by being bound by tools. Tools come in many forms, rituals, routines, mantras, physical activities, using certain sounds, smells, images etc etc....

I believe these things have a place in healing, as they can help set up the appropriate environment conducive to consciousness expansion and tapping into the source of healing......but to become reliant upon them to the point that one feels one cannot heal without using them is extremely unfortunate and limiting.

For years I wore an amethyst crystal around my neck which sat over my heart, and it always made me feel connected and healthy..... when the chain broke and I couldn't wear it anymore, I felt empty for a little while, then I got over my own self limiting mindset and laughed at myself, realising that what I projected onto the 'power of the crystal' was just infact a part of who I was already and the crystal just acted as a tool to allow me to show that part off.

sorry for waffling so much, there is a point in there somewhere! Surprised
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue May 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Pachamama wrote:Well I don't know about the symbols being a part of the whole you, we were whole before we became involved in reiki, for me the symbols just acted as keys to certain innate doors which allow me to tap into deeper levels of my being. I've never learnt how to do initiations, so I probably have a much more limited perspective on how the symbols are involved. But I have a whole bunch of questions lined up for Tadao..... Very Happy

If you are looking at Reiki as a system
    then whole self may not fit. If your looking
    at Reiki as Universal Energy & symbols being
    a focus of the mind then being part of the
    whole fits with mind,body,spirit sunny what would happen if you did not get the symbols quite right? - Page 2 158903
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue May 17, 2011 8:59 pm

I think the energy of the symbol of a dancing banana may be part of my innate being! Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed May 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Pachamama wrote:I think the energy of the symbol of a dancing banana may be part of my innate being! Smile

lol! Sharon I love your postings
    they can be fun and challenging sunny study
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 am

Pachamama wrote:I still do not hold the view that the symbols are 'within' me. Very Happy

Yet, while varying slightly in form, a central element in the ritual and intent of the more commonly practiced Reiki Initiations ('attunements') is the 'opening' or dilating of the aura, and the moving of the energised symbols through the aura, anchoring them at certain positions with in the body, and 'sealing' them there... Smile
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon May 23, 2011 9:43 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Pachamama wrote:I think the energy of the symbol of a dancing banana may be part of my innate being! Smile

lol! Sharon I love your postings
    they can be fun and challenging sunny study

fun and challenging is quite a good definition of my character! Twisted Evil
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon May 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Pachamama wrote:I still do not hold the view that the symbols are 'within' me. Very Happy

Yet, while varying slightly in form, a central element in the ritual and intent of the more commonly practiced Reiki Initiations ('attunements') is the 'opening' or dilating of the aura, and the moving of the energised symbols through the aura, anchoring them at certain positions with in the body, and 'sealing' them there... Smile

which is why my own personal views are quite opposing to the usual reikifolk 'thinking' on this particular topic. Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon May 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Pachamama wrote:
    Rlei_ki wrote:

which is why my own personal views are quite opposing to the usual reikifolk 'thinking' on this particular topic. Very Happy

That's why we have so many different
    styles of Reiki. bounce Arrow sunny
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Fri May 27, 2011 1:22 am

i believe that as the Reiki initiations are done by spirit through you, that as long as they are done with positive intent, it wouldn't matter if a symbol was drawn slightly incorrectly, as spirit would know the proper intention. Smile

however i also feel that you need to do your part, ie study the symbols and prepare yourself properly for doing initiations and not be lazy and think i can just leave it all up to spirit and it doesn't matter if i get things wrong.

as for the symbols being within you, they are sealed into your aura with breath and intent, so yes once you receive them they are part of you. my understanding of it is if you don't use reiki they become inactive ie you might be able to channnel less energy, but even if you leave reiki dormant for a long time and come back to it after not using it for years, once you start to use it again it is still there for you.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 27, 2011 5:38 am

Treasa wrote:i believe that as the Reiki initiations are done by spirit through you, that as long as they are done with positive intent, it wouldn't matter if a symbol was drawn slightly incorrectly, as spirit would know the proper intention. Smile

however i also feel that you need to do your part, ie study the symbols and prepare yourself properly for doing initiations and not be lazy and think i can just leave it all up to spirit and it doesn't matter if i get things wrong.

as for the symbols being within you, they are sealed into your aura with breath and intent, so yes once you receive them they are part of you. my understanding of it is if you don't use reiki they become inactive ie you might be able to channnel less energy, but even if you leave reiki dormant for a long time and come back to it after not using it for years, once you start to use it again it is still there for you.

Treasa you have some interesting thoughts. sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 am