Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
chi_solas
Thaak
Pandora
Bruce
8 posters

Reiki can do no harm! Can Reiki do harm?

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki can do no harm! Can Reiki do harm? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reiki can do no harm! Can Reiki do harm?

Post by Colin Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 am

chi_solas wrote:I just lost a posting a hour ago.Smile

Yes, I know the feeling...what on earth is going on with the servers here. It is very much hit and miss at the moment whether I can log in and then stay logged in!
    Mad
    chi_solas wrote:
    Here goes,

colin
    I can only talk about my own personal
    experience. I see Reiki energy as a
    peeling away of emotions that I was
    unaware had built up; the sort that
    you shrug off put behind you or so you
    think. When I had my first Reiki session
    it was a pleasant experience similar to
    an acupuncture treatment. I was not aware
    of a "divine spark" but I guess there was
    a "divine agenda" or at least I seem to be
    drawn to follow this thing called Ray- key.
    between sessions there must have been a
    subtle change happening. I included Reiki as
    another alternative healing tool. It was not
    until almost a year after I had healed that
    I became attuned to the Reiki system. I can
    only wonder what "if" I had dismissed Reiki
    after my first session as just a pleasant
    experience and not included it as another
    healing tool. During my healing journey Reiki
    certainly lead me in a spiritual direction I
    had never experienced in my lifetime as a
    devoted member of organized church activities.
    I hear Reiki folks making statements like Reiki
    found me. It is from that point of view that I
    believe if folks are introduced to "formal"
    Reiki they have the choice, to think about it to
    use it, or reject it. People will come to Reiki
    when Reiki finds them. It may not happen over
    night. I need to think more about Andy's seed
    for myself the seed as it were was planted during
    my sessions. Maybe I'm mis-understanding the seed
    theory. sunny

Hi Bridget Smile

In general I think we agree?

On re-reading what I had posted, I could maybe have been a little clearer about the effects of Reiki treatments. I said:

So maybe it is part of a Divine Agenda that most people should become aware of the Divine Spark within them, one way to achieve which is to receive and attunement and continue to practice Reiki - and I believe the latter is very important to achieving awareness of the Divine. These people are likely going to feel an attraction to becoming attuned and will eventually find themselves with the opportunity.

So, one way to become aware of the Divine Spark (a term I use really to describe the non-physical part of us, rather than in a specific religious/gnostic sense) within us is to receive an attunement and continue to practice Reiki. Also, if it is part of the Divine Agenda for the client to become aware of their Divine Spark then this may also occur during or following Reiki treatments, in a similar way to that you describe: following your treatment you felt drawn or attracted to learning more about Reiki. One way to interpret this would be that your Divine Spark had been ignited by the Reiki tratment and begun to move you towards to the opportunity of receiving a Reiki attunement, through which you could become more aware of that Spark - the non-physical part of yourself and your place in the Universe.

In the same way that we have students who come and get their attunements (maybe because theie friends have or it is seen as a cool thing to do) and never follow up with their Reiki practice, there are also clients who come for one or two Reiki treatments and we never see them again. Their Divine Spark is not yet ready to be ignited or needs to be ignited in a different way, or at a differnt time, according to Divine Agenda. No harm is done in either case - the seeds sown by the Reiki will not bear fruit.

However, we also see students who we can almost see blossom before our eyes following the first attunement and continue to develop a regular Reiki practice and go on to become either great Reiki Teachers or "just" very happy people who are content with their lives and generally make those around them feel happy too. And, we see clients who after one Reiki treatment decide there and then that that is what they want to do and enrol on a Reiki course. In both of these cases, the Divine Spark has been ignited and they allow themselves to set foot on their Reiki path towards full awareness.

Hmm..I must be feeling particularly metaphysical (and verbose) today! Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki can do no harm! Can Reiki do harm? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reiki can do no harm! Can Reiki do harm?

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:23 am

Colin wrote:
    so it is lucky that no actual harm would be done by the attunement...

Not sure bout this bro. A Reiki initiation is an intensely spiritual act, as we both know, Smile. what are the spiritual effects of the attempted imposition of anothers spirituality on oneself? Only our soul/spirit can answer. This doesn't mean there isn't some form of harm, or displeasure done. Ya know, in Buddhism, tihnking bout beating someone up, is the same as doing it. Some folks don't mid getting beat up, hehe. Some folks mightn't mind imposing spirituality. Some might though.

Let's say, religion is what does it spritually for a person. Reiki for another. Provided it benefits each spiritually, it's what they actually need. However, either may abhor the idea of the other, with an attempt to impose that on another, what effect would that take?

We just don't know. Just cause we see no sign of harm, Smile.

Colin wrote:
    . People still have their free will as to whether they take advantage of being given an attunement or treatment and follow up on it or just forget about it.

Hehe, yeah, if they even know it took place. And, if they did somehow find out, that it wouldn't go against there valid beliefs, or, cause them emotional distress, or even illness cause of the stress of some 'evil person casting a spell (initiation) on me'. Back to initiaiton not causing harm.

milarepa wrote:
    Colin wrote:
    If God wants a person to expereince their divinity, it's up to God, and the other person. To say otherwise amounts to the teacher assuming they are going about carrying out God's will by initiating the unsuspecting public. A nutter thing is that.

Take care
    Wayne

Just like I said (or meant to say!) Smile

Yeah, like i said, i know you weren't debating otherwise with this. I'm kinda laughing here to myself, if we'd had this discussion in private, i'd explain what i tihnk exactly of the audacity of these folks! lol!
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Pandora wrote:
    Reikijim wrote:
    Pandora wrote:Jim asked me: "Do you feel that there can be a point in time when Reiki should not be used? Are there points in time for a recipient, where Reiki is a better choice than other times?

If administered at a less appropriate time , could this be, not to the best benefit of the recipient?" (didn't feel like doing the quote button - too much quoting in original message!)

If the intended recipient does not want Reiki then of course it should not be used. Someone (and I have come across this) may not want Reiki because it's "foreign", but will respond to "spiritual healing" because they know about it. The best part about having more than one practice under your belt is being able to use it. If, for example, someone came to me having trouble sleeping because they were exhausted, then I would recommend aromatherapy massage for the physical symptoms, maybe some crystal healing for the burn-out and then, when they were in a better place mentally and physically, maybe some Reiki or SKHM. Abraham Maslow once said "To the man whose only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail". I'm so glad I was able to learn other therapies.

I'm not saying that Reiki wouldn't be beneficial in the first session, if you were not able to deal with the physical symptoms by using bodywork, then you would use whatever you have to hand. But what I'm saying is that the client may respond better to treating the whole person using a combination of therapies, including some subtle Earth-based energy.

Hi Pandora,

I guess...what I got from your reply was that if a person does not want Reiki it should not be used. Well of course, that`s their right.

I guess you must mean that the only "less appropriate time" is when they don`t want it?

Yet, I really can`t see where you`ve answered my question...sorry, read your post three times...I`m not getting it. Could you clarify? Sorry to be a bother...

Smile RJ

Sorry Jim I thought I had. Perhaps you could rephrase your question to ask it in the positive rather than the negative?

Hi Pandora,

Could you point out the negativity in my original questions....I cannot seem to find any...?

Very Happy RJ
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:22 am

Jim said "If administered at a less appropriate time , could this be, not to the best benefit of the recipient?"

This is what I meant by rephrasing to take the negative out. How do you rephrase this in a positive manner? As it is it's very tortuous!
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Thu May 06, 2010 3:11 am

This is really great thread and I enjoyed reading it very much. Now what I am about to say may surprise many but please bare with me for the moment. So here it is:

I agree with both points of view! (Reiki can not do harm and yet people may have negative experience)

Sounds silly, right? How is that possible? Very Happy

Let's see if I can reconcile these two points of view.

1.I agree that reiki can not do harm in the terms where reiki is understood as “a bad energy” and as such it causes harm.
    2.I agree that recipient sometimes can have negative experience after/during reiki session.

If we look at first statement than I think we are all in agreement that reiki is not some kind of bad energy. And yet there are some cases when recipients might have negative experiences. I understand the feeling expressed in this thread that it wasn't reiki that caused harm or negative experience but something else. Now, let's for the moment remember that everybody is unique so what is good for me might not be good for you or what is generally accepted as a good might not work that way for everybody. Or as I like to say too much good isn't good sometimes at all and this is actually what I think happens. Reiki might cause too much good which sometimes could be overwhelming.

Non Reiki example:

Large group of elderly people reported food poisoning. They were vomiting, having diarrhea etc. However, when food was tested, it turns out to be absolutely fine. And yet due the fact that all elderly people were on the strict diet they had above reaction. The moral of the story is even though the restaurant staff isn't liable legally (they didn't know that their guests were on strict diet) it would be nice if Restaurant Manager was experienced enough and ask these question upfront. I am not saying here that the customer is right either. They should make sure that the food they order meets their needs.

This, I believe ties just fine with the 2nd statement

As a reiki practitioners, we all (should) know that reiki stimulates metabolism and promotes detoxification. I am not saying that reiki is doing this directly but rather indirectly by supporting the organism on all levels. We also know that reiki softens most if not all allopatic medication which in turn helps with side effects. So far all great. But we need to be careful when it comes to reiki application when somebody is taking medication. It is recommended to do reiki session before medication so to say to increase the efficacy of the medication itself.

However, the problem may occur if reiki interferes with pain killers and/or anesthetics, or some other medication (i.e. cardiac stimulants). We know that those medications are needed in the body. So if we use reiki in these cases, reiki most likely will diminish it considerably and we can imagine how bad it would be if somebody wakes up in the middle of let's say heart surgery. So I would warn against sending absent reiki to somebody who is having surgery. While I would recommend it afterwords to support the healing process.

So I believe that we as reiki practitioners if we treating others should be aware of this and ask our clients about this to avoid any legal issues and negative experience for our client.

And finally I am totally against “sending unauthorized reiki” to anybody. However, still I can not help but ask if we really can force reiki upon somebody? If this is true than we need to redefine reiki in the terms that it is the client/recipient who decides how much of reiki or if any healing takes place at all. So what do you say: Can we force reiki upon somebody via absent reiki if that person doesn't want it?

As to the schizophrenic people I read somewhere that they had “spiritual accident” in the terms that they got some blessing (they hear or see things) and they do not know what to do with it. In other words they were not ready for that experience.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu May 06, 2010 3:30 am

rzukic wrote:
    However, the problem may occur if reiki interferes with pain killers and/or anesthetics, or some other medication (i.e. cardiac stimulants). We know that those medications are needed in the body. So if we use reiki in these cases, reiki most likely will diminish it considerably and we can imagine how bad it would be if somebody wakes up in the middle of let's say heart surgery. So I would warn against sending absent reiki to somebody who is having surgery. While I would recommend it afterwords to support the healing process.

So I believe that we as reiki practitioners if we treating others should be aware of this and ask our clients about this to avoid any legal issues and negative experience for our client.

Regards,

Resko

So, why do patients undergoing heart surgery with Mehmet Oz not wake up in the middle of their operation? Mehmet Oz uses a hands on healer in his operations and has found them to be of great benefit both during and after the operation.

There are also Anaesthetists who are also Reiki practitioners, who also sometimes give Reiki during operations.
    Laughing

Also, I often use Reiki on myself at the dentist to keep me calm and relaxed if I am having a filled (which has required a local anaesthetic). I have not found the degree of anaesthesia (a toxin) has lessened because of the Reiki (thank goodness!) affraid
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Thu May 06, 2010 3:48 am

Hi Colin,

So, why do patients undergoing heart surgery with Mehmet Oz not wake up in the middle of their operation? Mehmet Oz uses a hands on healer in his operations and has found them to be of great benefit both during and after the operation.

Can you give more details about this as to was it selective use of reiki or full blown treatment? I was referring to whole body treatment and not to selective use of reiki.

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu May 06, 2010 4:04 am

rzukic wrote:Hi Colin,

Can you give more details about this as to was it selective use of reiki or full blown treatment? I was referring to whole body treatment and not to selective use of reiki.

Hi Resko

Ah...no, I do not know for sure but I would imagine a whole body treatment would not be very practical in an operating theatre during an operation. I do not know the technique used in the case of Mehmet Oz's operations i.e. whether Reiki is beamed or the practitioner is able to keep hands on in a limited number of positions but you can read about Mehmet Oz and more use of Reiki in hospitals here:

http://healthcare-research.suite101.com/article.cfm/reiki_in_hospitals

and here:

http://www.reiki.org/reikinews/reiki_in_hospitalsold.html

Smile
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Thu May 06, 2010 4:22 am

Hi Colin,

Ah...no, I do not know for sure but I would imagine a whole body treatment would not be very practical in an operating theatre during an operation. I do not know the technique used in the case of Mehmet Oz's operations i.e. whether Reiki is beamed or the practitioner is able to keep hands on in a limited number of positions but you can read about Mehmet Oz and more use of Reiki in hospitals here:

Thank You for the links I really appreciate it. My source is Walter Luebeck (Riki Handbook page 177 German Edition) and also I found similar information at http://health.indianetzone.com/reiki/1/reiki_medication.htm

Regards,

Resko

Last edited by rzukic on Thu May 06, 2010 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix error)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat May 15, 2010 7:33 am

When I was first learning Reiki I would find
    articles from different Reiki practitioners
    I was always impressed with Taggart King's
    out spoken articles, here's an excerpt from
    one of his articles sunny

In fact, the restrictions do not stop there. There are many more taught in different lineages. For example, you should not treat people with cancer, you should not treat people who are pregnant, you should not treat people who are depressed or who have asthma, you should not treat people who are stressed, you should not treat young children, you should not treat animals, you should not treat people who are taking homoeopathic remedies, you should not treat people who are taking medicines, you should not treat people wearing green trousers (sorry, I made that one up!)
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 am

chi_solas wrote:When I was first learning Reiki I would find

In fact, the restrictions do not stop there. There are many more taught in different lineages. For example, you should not treat people with cancer, you should not treat people who are pregnant, you should not treat people who are depressed or who have asthma, you should not treat people who are stressed, you should not treat young children, you should not treat animals, you should not treat people who are taking homoeopathic remedies, you should not treat people who are taking medicines, you should not treat people wearing green trousers (sorry, I made that one up!)

Hi Bridget,

I understand what you saying and while I do not know much about Taggart King I can say that Walter Lueback is recognized and well respected author. He is founder of Rainbow Reiki. Now, the word of caution sits well with me for I do think that we should not be doing the full body treatment via distant reiki while somebody is having surgery (however, it is ok to use reiki selectively). IMO the reiki full body treatment will promote detoxification.

If the argument is that reiki doesn't promote detoxification than ….well...I do not know what else to say but that IMO it does.

Regards,

Resko

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 am

rzukic wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:When I was first learning Reiki I would find

Hi Bridget,

I understand what you saying and while I do not know much about Taggart King I can say that Walter Lueback is recognized and well respected author. He is founder of Rainbow Reiki. Now, the word of caution sits well with me for I do think that we should not be doing the full body treatment via distant reiki while somebody is having surgery (however, it is ok to use reiki selectively). IMO the reiki full body treatment will promote detoxification.

If the argument is that reiki doesn't promote detoxification than ….well...I do not know what else to say but that IMO it does.

Regards,

Resko

There is much out there and I personally feel
    that as I practice on the front line being in
    hospitals, assisted living,assisting people with
    cancer and other dis-eases, or helping folks move
    through some deep personal problems. It has been
    my experience that Reiki has helped. sunny

I have read books by many "famous reiki writers"
    I have learned to use my intuition. I find some
    of what I read helpful. study

When I work with people who wear hearing aids. I
    ask them to turn them off.

Distant Reiki or prayer helps folks relax and when
    people are relaxed during an operation the DR finds
    it easier to operate on his/her patient. It is
    comforting to know that all the powers that be are
    assisting at a time when the body is under invasive
    stress. Sleep

If a Reiki practitioner feels that Reiki can do harm
    during a medical procedure. I would suggest that they
    not do Reiki at anytime they feel uncomfortable. affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:23 pm