Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Frank
Milarepa
Lambs-Wool
7 posters

GOKAI Self-Blessing Ritual

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

GOKAI Self-Blessing Ritual Empty GOKAI Self-Blessing Ritual

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue May 18, 2010 6:52 pm

GOKAI SELF-BLESSING RITUAL

All folks are invited to give this a test. It assumes that the practitioner has been initiated with symbols at level 2.

REQUIREMENTS :
    You, your photo in which you can clearly see your head and face, your intent, and some leisure time.

STEPS :

1. Start with Hatsurei and perform at least one set each of Kenyoko, Joshin and Seichin; calm yourself.

2. Gassho and state your intent to start the Gokai Self-Blessing Ritual. (this step should not be bypassed).

3. Hold your photo in front of your physical or mental eyes for some moments and develop a rapport with your energetic being. As you perform this step, you are being connected with your energetic being and the HSZSN is activated. Thus, to bring it in conscious plane, draw HSZSN and open yourself up for the enhanced mindfulness and connection.

4. Draw a SHK on the forehead of the buddy that is in the photo (you). This can be done with index finger, all four fingers or if you feel comfortable with your mental imagination of doing this. Remember the focus must maintain on the buddy in the photo, and not on yourself.

5. While drawing SHK imagine that it is enveloping the skull like you are wearing some helmet, and it is going from forehead to top of head (crown) and then to the base of neck (jade gate). You can imagine you are ‘combing’ it from front to back of your skull like you would comb your hair.

6. Draw SHK in this manner for three times.

7. Draw CKR on the forehead of the person in the photo and imagine it is empowering the first SHK you had drawn earlier.

8. Similarly draw CKR two more times and imagine it is respectively empowering the SHK you had drawn for the second and third time.

9. Meditate on the First Principle :

• Realize that anger is our resistance to things we find wrong in other people. Realize that this universe is beautiful because of diversity, and diversity of every individual is what gives the humanity its beauties.

• Accept that there could be more versions of reality than you personally hold.

• Accept that humans are born free and freedom is everyone’s right.

• Accept that what others do might irritate you, but they might have good reasons for what they do.

• Realize that this is not your job to find reasons for them, you have just to let go!

• Give affirmations to the buddy in the photo that his/her anger is dissipating and evaporating in the universe and the vacuum is being filled by love instead. (Giving affirmations is a necessary step after you feel you have had some good time in meditating thoughts relating to Gokai Principles).

10. Meditate on the Second Principle :

• Realize that worry is the trick of our ego, and it happens through our attachment to outcomes and expectations.

• Realize that universe operates within multiplicity of diverse scenarios, and the results of our actions may change unexpectedly due to interaction of several others within the chain.

• Realize that we are not controlling the universe, we are only a part of it.

• Give affirmations to the buddy in the photo that his/her worries are melting down, and give affirmations of your understanding that saying no to worries, is actually saying yes to hopes.

11. Meditate on the Third Principle :

• Realize that gratefulness is the act of opening up ourselves to endless possibilities.

• Realize that we owe thanks to universe for its endowments, to our earlier races of humanity for handing over their knowledge to us, to our parents and ancestors for being the cause of our creation and our nurturing.

• Realize that we owe thanks to our body parts, our soul, our energetic culture for being bringing us to our present presence. Realize that we learn from others always.

• Realize that our knowledge and wisdom owes its roots in a universal reservoir of knowledge handed over generations after generations.

• Realize that social interaction is our basic need, and we owe thanks to people around us for just being there !

• Give affirmations to the buddy in the photo that he/she would care to feel gratefulness for everything, not as a burden but as a notion of acknowledgement.

12. Meditate on the Fourth Principle :

• Realize that when you work, you are in a spiritual experience.

• Doing work with honesty and commitment evokes a sense of accomplishment and achievement, that brings peace and composure.

• Realize that doing work for its sheer pleasure is what makes the work interesting, rewards are secondary to it.

• Realize that there is no substitute to work, and doing work, you are contributing to the universe as much as you are contributing towards your personal/financial gains.

• Give affirmations to the buddy in the photo that he/she will enjoy the work while doing it, and will ‘pour heart’ into it.

13. Meditate on the Fifth Principle :

• Realize that the universe is a bounded whole of many parts and the binding force is love that is unconditional.

• Realize that Love does not need recognition of others to be there. It just flows its way. Love does not need acquaintances to start with.

• Realize that love starts with gestures of kindness. Being kind to others in all our dealings is a key to let love fill our hearts, and then it is a sure road to invite love of others.

• Realize that being kind without any attachments to outcome is what we need to soften our heart, and once our heart is filled with love, we can expect things to happen just by imagining them and allowing them to happen. But this cannot be done unless we know the power of love.

• Give affirmations to the buddy in the photo, to start feeling kindness with everyone whom he/she interacts, and remember kindness assumes respect for others in the first place!

14. ‘Seal in’ the affirmations to the buddy in the photo by intending them, and request the affirmations to be permanent.

15. Gassho and say thanks to Reiki for being a part of your life.

(Copyright "Reiki Learning Lounge" )

take care

cheers

salman

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Tue May 18, 2010 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Suggestions incorporated)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

GOKAI Self-Blessing Ritual Empty Re: GOKAI Self-Blessing Ritual

Post by Milarepa Thu May 20, 2010 3:00 am

hiya buddy, real interesting read this! You've let me know in advance, that the reason for SHK being so prominent was to use it to incorporate the gokai into our sub-conscious. A little suggestion, to mention in the description, this kind of purpose? cause it goes a little bit beyond a self-blessing, imo.

other than that, great to see the creativity! It's a pretty good job! If i get time, i'll try it out, though i've still to try James's out also!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu May 20, 2010 3:40 am

Hi,

It looks like a nice ritual.

However, I feel that the approach is a bit too suggestive or 'forced'.
    I think it is better to experience and realise the importance of the Gokai by meditation and contemplation, rather than forcing the ideas into your head.

You can't tell someone "realise that we are not controlling the universe" (just an example). Someone has to experience it to really know and realise it.

(Apart from that.. I think Usui-sensei wanted us to learn that we all do create and our own world..... but you only really realise that by experiencing it.)

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 20, 2010 5:22 am

hi frank

This ritual is not to be used on anyone but on oneself only...

Secondly, would you note that points about principles are in the nature of meditation and contemplation, exactly as u have said....

I had a presumptiom that anyone using the ritual would safely and surely replace those ideas with ones comfortable to oneself... Thats no big deal....

Take care

Salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 20, 2010 5:39 am

plus one more thing....

If auto suggestion was that undesirable why would have Usui urged us to say out Gokai 'loud and in heart', 'mornings and evenings'.....

Infact, all that ritual is based on augmenting the auto suggestion process, by using the powers of shk... That was the central theme.... (sorry, i forgot to mention that Smile )

Salman
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 am

Hi,

Lambs-wool wrote:
    This ritual is not to be used on anyone but on oneself only...

I see. It seems to me that the one doing the ritual, forces himself/herself.
    I now see that I made a mistake in my previous post. I said "you can't tell someone", but I should have said "you can't just tell yourself to realise something". You either realise it or not.. If you sit down and tell yourself "now I am going to realise that.." it will be forced. (It feels kind of 'fake' to me.)
    The best way to understand something is by feeling/experiencing it.

Lamgs-wool wrote:I had a presumptiom that anyone using the ritual would safely and surely replace those ideas with ones comfortable to oneself

Aaaah, now I see it.
    If you are supposed to replace the ideas with your own ideas about the principles, then this exercise makes sense to me Very Happy

Lambs-wool wrote:why would have Usui urged us to say out Gokai 'loud and in heart', 'mornings and evenings'.....

Because the Gokai are in fact a mantra. They should be used as a mantra and if you recite it long enough you'll notice its specific effect.

Next to that, they are principles to guide you through the day (just for today..), to keep your thought and actions 'pure'.
    They are principles, -not- affirmations. This is an important difference.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

there is always a difference of opinions buddy. And thats heartily welcome !

A mantra is always a subconscious imbedding of a thought / principle / energetic signature (my opinion, you of course may have to opine differently)

A question : when you 'contmplate' and 'meditate' on principles, do u do them without any 'thoughts' ?? I mean attempting to 'feel', 'realise' and 'experience' does not necessarily mean that we start with a blank mind... Of course, we have a background knowledge/thought process with ourselves when we sit for meditations... It is jst another aspect that meditation leads us to different versions of reality which we might not have had even imagined before... And thats pretty natural...

Re : principles are not affirmations :

I feel they are.

Salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 20, 2010 7:13 pm

i always believed that discussions are always good... and today i found another instance...

thanks Frank for the comments, they have voiced some good food for thought for me when i was trying to accpet or not to accept them in their entirety....

when i see how we start within reiki, i find that we start with 'rituals'... initiation is a ritual, reciting Gokai is a ritual, daily self-treatments is a ritual, even that 'standard hand positions' is also a ritual...

we do such rituals when even when (in the beginning at least) we don't have a realization of what and why we been doing them... we keep doing them, we keep doing them as instructed and taught to us, and along way, we keep getting realizations about them... this is a gradual process...

when i see the plain meanings of the gokai, lets say 'just for today, don't get angry', what i m doing when i m reciting this ? i m letting my mind accept it... i m affirming that i agree to this principle even when i don't realize how deep it could mean... if you say, i m not affirming while reciting the Gokai, why we use the words "don't"... to whom these words are being spoken? we are speaking these words to ourselves and in a way 'instructing' ourselves to do such things and not to do such things... if this is not affirmation, what is this ?

why we have been instructed to recite Gokai twice daily, so that they gradually slip into our sub-conscious mind and get rooted there... during self-hypnosis we do the same... during auto-suggestions, we do the same... so i was curious to know if we could use SHK for the same purpose?

SHK is for habit treatment, and it is a prerequisite that practitioner and client have a prior agreement on the affirmations to be used by practitioner during seiheiki chyrio ho... what the client is doing in the process... he is accepting affirmations from practitioiner(infact his subconcious is doing that)... and this ritual works so wonderfully even when client hasn't yet realised about the depth and importance of affirmations... (if he had, why the need of getting a session, and why not treated habit himself)...

so i venture to say here that though the 'best' way is always that we understand the things after experience of realizations, but if we have some gospel truths (like Gokai) we can let them 'penetrate' to our minds even before getting to realise their depths... this would not be any harmful thing....

there might be a chance, that if we have Gokai imbeded to our sub-concsious, our conscious mind will find a help to grasp the meanings more deeply... this maybe a possibility... feel free to comment though

another thought that i was discussing with Wayne some days earlier is that reiki helps and aims to assimilate awareness by the meeting of mind and spirit.... if i apply that rule to this ritual, i may say that this ritual is doing the spirit-part, and the mind-part will of course come along as our realization of the Gokai will deepen... how you see this application of your that thought Wayne ??

and i humbly apologise if you felt that i was trying to 'replace' ideas behind the principles with my ideas... it was not in my intention anywhere buddy... the points included were like a reference point or specimen, you can say... lets say if somebody tries that ritual, he/she will meditate in a way suited to herself, and not on the points mentioned in my post.. that is fair to assume, or isnt??

salman
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu May 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi,

Lambs-wool wrote:we do such rituals when even when (in the beginning at least) we don't have a realization of what and why we been doing them... we keep doing them, we keep doing them as instructed and taught to us, and along way, we keep getting realizations about them... this is a gradual process...

That is very true.

Lambs-wool wrote:A mantra is always a subconscious imbedding of a thought / principle / energetic signature (my opinion, you of course may have to opine differently)

In my opinion a mantra is a set of sounds. These sounds trigger a certain energetic experience or a specific state of mind. It is not so much about the meaning of the words itself, it is about the energy or state of mind they generate.

The gokai are used as a mantra (jumon) in the more traditional or original Reiki styles. And by reciting it as a mantra (in Japanese of course), it generates a specific energy.

Lambs-wool wrote:A question : when you 'contmplate' and 'meditate' on principles, do u do them without any 'thoughts' ??

The way contemplating was taught to me: empty your mind, focus on one of the principles and watch your thoughts.
    You start off without any thoughts or attachments, you focus on a precept and you watch whatever comes to mind.

Lambs-wool wrote:we are speaking these words to ourselves and in a way 'instructing' ourselves to do such things and not to do such things... if this is not affirmation, what is this ?

You are indeed instructing yourself. This is different from affirming.
    I once wrote an article about the difference, but since it's in Dutch it's of no use here Razz

An affirmation is a positive, self-affirming (or self-empowering/self-securing/self-confirming) sentence.
    Looking into the mirror and saying "I am beautiful, I am beautiful" is an example of a good affirmation. When you're in a match or contest, telling yourself "I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!" you are affirming as well.

It is a sentence used to influence your subconscious and it is very handy to enhance your self-confidence. An affirmation must be formulated in a positive way, because it is said that the subconscious can't deal with negative words such as "not" and "never". It would simply not see these words.
    Therefore "I will not be insecure" is not a good affirmation for the subconcious will only see "I will be insecure". It is better to use "I am filled with self-confidence", for instance.

The gokai are (apart from a mantra) principles.
    Principles are basic guidelines, rules, precepts which you choose to live by.

The gokai are part of Usui-sensei's document called "Gainen" (meaning "concept"). The Gainen is a document in which Usui explains the basic concept of his teachings and the gokai are a vital part of it. It is the basis on which his teachings are built.
    Therefore the gokai are rules.. principles.. guidelines.

Looking at it this way, the gokai are principles/precepts, not affirmations.

----

Just to make sure this is clear: I (now) see the value of the exercise you made and I don't think it's a bad thing. It could be of help to people.
    I wouldn't want my comments to be seen as if I disapprove of your exercise.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 20, 2010 11:37 pm

hi Frank

I had the idea that jumons and kotodama have been associated with symbols, but this is new concept for me that Gokai have like jumons....

If we take them in that way, sure what u've said in your posts is quite understandable by me too Smile

I'm going to start a new topic about mantra in some days... Lemme have done a little spade work buddy.

I'll write u soon

Take care

Salman
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi,

Lambs-wool wrote:I had the idea that jumons and kotodama have been associated with symbols, but this is new concept for me that Gokai have like jumons....

The Reiki symbols and the mantras used in Usui-sensei's teachings are two separate things.
    Although it is true that within Usui-sensei's teachings symbol 1 should have the same effect as the first jumon, they are different.
    You don't need the symbol for the mantra to work. In fact, what I understand of Usui-sensei's teachings one would start with the jumon without any symbols.. and once you experience what the purpose of the jumon is.. you can connect the energetic experience with a symbol.

But this is rather off-topic I believe Razz

I am looking forward to your new mantra-topic Very Happy

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:GOKAI SELF-BLESSING RITUAL

What a lovely ritual. I could feel Reiki begin to emanate as I read through it!
    Very Happy

Thank you for sharing this, Salman, you show a wonderful way of how to apply the wisdom of the Gokai into a practical method.

cheers
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri May 21, 2010 12:17 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi Frank

I had the idea that jumons and kotodama have been associated with symbols, but this is new concept for me that Gokai have like jumons....

If we take them in that way, sure what u've said in your posts is quite understandable by me too Smile

I'm going to start a new topic about mantra in some days... Lemme have done a little spade work buddy.

I'll write u soon

Take care

Salman

Hi Salman and Frank

Yes, it is not very common knowledge, I don't think, that there is a great deal of power in reciting the Gokai in Japanese because of the particular sounds which Usui chose.

This is what we do in Jikiden Reiki and here are a couple of quotes from Tadao Yamaguchi's book, 'Light on the Origins of Reiki', to illustrate this point:

The teachings of the Gokai were not all originated by Usui Sensei himself. He selected useful lines from various teachings and compiled them. Within the words of the Gokai , Kotodama is alive because these words were chosen very carefully by a grand teacher, Usui Sensei himself.

and

We still practice this same Gokai at our Jikiden Reiki seminars today. The sounds of the words contain the great energy of Kotodama and we even ask non-Japanese participants to recite them in the original Japanese.

Very Happy
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 am

''within the words of Gokai, Kotodama is alive, since the words were carefully chosen''

Ah, this is a day of great discovery for me Colin... Real real thanks for aptly giving this knowledge at a critical point within this discussion Smile

My topic/discussion on mantra will take a start from this point now Smile

Frank, buddy, i can now clearly see the way u have opined. Smile

Thanks Frank and Colin

Salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

another thought that i was discussing with Wayne some days earlier is that reiki helps and aims to assimilate awareness by the meeting of mind and spirit.... if i apply that rule to this ritual, i may say that this ritual is doing the spirit-part, and the mind-part will of course come along as our realization of the Gokai will deepen... how you see this application of your that thought Wayne ??

sure. this is the value of the practice you've done. what i'm gonna say relates to today's chat here also, Smile.

There's no seperation between spirit & mind. just like there's no seperation between pgysical body & aura. it's aspects of the whole. so even the mind part is the spirit-part. We can become enlightend via academic study. even going for a poop in the toilet can be the trigger, hehe.

Anyhow, study, academic study, as in using the mind, coupled with experiental spirituality is the most optimum way. lack of exercise in one, makes softens. Balanced way is best way. It's why i like this thing you've done so much. A first attempt at such a technqiue, and in many ways you've eptiomised what it's all about. this leads ot why it's important with todays chat.

Salman, i don't know if you've done this on purpose or not, we speak loads in private, but i've not highlighted this in Reiki, between us (for personal reasons). Ok, i'll get to the point, hehe. It's true, that jumon is spoken, but jumon is akin to a mystical incantation. Gokai recitation on it's own, is this. Although, this technqiues isn't Gokai recitation on it's own. So what follows only for Gokai doesn't follow for this technique. in any event, Jumon is sually used in conjunction with other things. Visualizations & mudras. This is very important with your technqiue. The Jumon, visualisations & mudras form what's commonly known throughout buddhism, and indeed many other religious practices, as 'thought, word & deed. They're the three 'secrets' in buddhism. and, imo, of mystical christianity, and maybe Islam (help me out with this). So, what you done, was use the word, the Gokai. you used the visualisation (realise). you used the deed (drawing symbols).

you know i won't align Reiki with buddhism, Smile, but, if some where inclined to go into research, it could also be said that your technqiue also has the vital ingredients of other things. Such as the Reiki initiations. And it's a common theme in Reiki initiations for a reason.

Well done!

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks for giving this insight into the technical finessee of things Wayne Smile

this post goes in particular response to following :

Wayne wrote:
    The Jumon, visualisations & mudras form what's commonly known throughout buddhism, and indeed many other religious practices, as 'thought, word & deed. They're the three 'secrets' in buddhism. and, imo, of mystical christianity, and maybe Islam (help me out with this).

Hi, there is a great wisdom in ‘thought, word and deed’ and this principle has been embodied in Islamic spiritual practices too. Since you have desired a corroboration to your feelings, i m giving some detailed background, so as to show from where I m coming to conclude.

Rituals of prayer and meditation within Islam are centered around the theme that balance, harmony and gradual approach is the best way of development. As there is often a spiritual wisdom in religious rituals and practices, so is with Islam too. We have been taught, within Islam, that our spirituality takes its basic ingredients from the saying of prayers (salat / namaz). Saying prayers is a first step for a beginner, and saying prayers is a very advanced step as well for a highly elevated spiritual buddy likewise. So this step is an embodiment of basics of spirituality that can be further taken to any imaginable extent depending on the progress path of the individual.

What I m trying to explain is a non-religious aspect of prayer, and I m trying to come from a spiritual perspective, analyzing the steps/practices without attachment of religious dogma. Let’s analyze the technical points of this spiritual recipie :

1. Prayers is five times a day, hence the element of discipline and repetition, just like we have to recite Gokai twice daily.

2. Prayer starts with intent, and we have been ordered to recite the intent that we are going to say (this) prayer which contains (these components), every time we start prayers, just like we would state intent in hatsurei (mokunen), initations, and self treatments. Even though a buddy knows he is going to start a practice, but reciting the intent has been made mandatory. After the intent being recited in heart, prayer starts by raising hands to the ears lobes, palms facing front. This has two effects, one is similar to Gyosei (i.e, clearing one’s mind) and the other effect is like Kenyoku (i.e, brusing off worries and attachments). This step can also be compared with Hiroshi Doi’s variant of Joshin where he suggests raising hands above head, palms upwards, in order to connect with reiki.

3. Prayer involves a series of postures. It starts with standing straight for some while, then bowing down, then touching the ground with forehead while bending and bowing down, and then sitting with spine erect without having cross-legs. This can be compared to Gassho, Kenyoko, and Seichin, where we perform a series of ‘deeds’. During standing posture the hands are raised and seated crossed exactly on the dantien, a position strikingly similar with a posture within qi-gong that is meant to store and condense qi in dantian.

4. While performing these physical postures, prayer includes the recitation of certain verses in Arabic language in a specific order. This can be compared with mantras and jumon, as are prevalent in other spiritual practices. Important to note, that reciting a translation is not allowed, exact Arabic words have to be uttered. This ties in with the insight provided by Colin and Frank in this thread that since Gokai includes kotodoma in a specific arrangement, reciting Gokai have the effect of a mantra too, provided they are recited in Japaneese. So is the case in prayer.

5. After the end of prayer, it is customary (although not mandatory) to raise hands to height of heart, palms upwards, and pray in own words according to own tendencies. This can again be compared with Mokunen and Gassho.

The purpose of this comparison was not to say that steps within reiki practices and steps within Islamic spiritual practices are meant for same ends. They have different modus operandi, that’s for sure (even if the ultimate objective might be the same), but whatever scheme of practices within the two areas are, there is a similarity of ingredients viz, “thought, word and deed”

There is a lot within Islamic spiritual practices that can be said, as VJ would opt to put, “Soul science”. There are rigorous spiritual routines, longer and very longer spells of meditation, very specifc and highly technical breathing techniques which usually are combined with the power of mantras to open up or align energetic chakras, etc., etc. but that is not made mandatory for the followers. There is a refined line between spirituality and spiritual supermanship . The later is the matter of personal choice always.

Practices within shamanism (like contact with spirits and souls), within vedic and aurvedic (like treatments through basic elements, and herbs plants, etc.), within yoga (like smadhi and meditations), within qi-gong (like energy cultivations) are also there in such spiritual practices within Islam, but that is not for every body. These things are ‘reserved’ for people who have dedicated themselves for acquiring such mastery. Otherwise, there is ample spirituality within the saying of prayers for a common muslim. Living by principles, like we see within Gokai, is also very much emphasized, and we have four principles to live life (apart from religious attachment). And we can find a set of such principles in almost every religion with slight variations. That’s why, maybe, we call that there are various paths to one goal i.e. Human Grace!

Take care

Salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Very, very great post!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri May 21, 2010 7:46 pm

I agree...once again, Salman, you demonstrate a deep insight!

cheers

Thought, Word and Deed!
    The Three Secrets!
    Sanmitsu!

These can be found underlying just about all of the elements of the Reiki system - and, of course, most of the great religions and spiritual traditions. Sometimes they are easy to spot, sometimes they need to be searched for, discovered and then experienced.

Thank you, Salman, for your eloquent description of prayer in Islam and its comparison with hatsurei ho! I am sure it will help many understand the significance of both techniques.
    Very Happy
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Colin i just wish i learn how to feel that depth of gratitude that is worthy of the precious guidance, love, support and encoragement of some great personalities reiki has introduced me.

I bow and i gassho for this love!

Salman
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue May 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Thank You Guys for starting this great topic! I hope you will not mind my “self-invitation-to-join” but this is so interesting that I couldn't pass this opportunity to learn little bit more. Now, as most of you know I have little bit different approach which sometimes could be beneficial to all.

So I do not know much about original Reiki and do not speak Japanese but affirmations are of great interest for me. Frank said something very interesting:

I said "you can't tell someone", but I should have said "you can't just tell yourself to realize something". You either realise it or not.. If you sit down and tell yourself "now I am going to realise that.." it will be forced. (It feels kind of 'fake' to me.)
    The best way to understand something is by feeling/experiencing it

While I believe I grasp the idea behind, it might not be as easy as this for if I hadn't make conscious decision to get attuned I would never be able to experience Reiki. In order for me to realize something shouldn't I be pursuing something and have at least some idea of it.

And this come as a surprise for me:
    Because the Gokai are in fact a mantra. They should be used as a mantra and if you recite it long enough you'll notice its specific effect.

Next to that, they are principles to guide you through the day (just for today..), to keep your thought and actions 'pure'.
    They are principles, -not- affirmations. This is an important difference.

And yet I found follow definition of mantra: “The word mantra comes from the Sanskrit “Mantrana” which means advice or suggestion??? Source Mantra

If I remember correctly it is said that the intent plays also very important role and can significantly improve effect of mantra. This would than suggest that in some way there was some acceptance or belief that mantra is or will be effective before we start to use any given mantra. I guess this is if not the same than very close to what Salman said:

when i see the plain meanings of the gokai, lets say 'just for today, don't get angry', what i m doing when i m reciting this ? i m letting my mind accept it... i m affirming that i agree to this principle even when i don't realize how deep it could mean...

I agree with Frank that Reiki precepts are not suitable for affirmation for the reasons he gave. The benefit that I took from precepts is to look into myself and see what triggers my anger or worries etc. This was great opportunity to learn more about myself and great help in this regard was a book (Krankheit als Weg) Illness as a Way by Thorwald Dethlefsen and Fuediger Dahlke.

However, I never knew that they could be used as a mantras. It was my understanding that mantras are energy based sounds that create physical vibration and I made some experience with LAM, VAM, RAM,YAM, HAM and OM and could clearly feel the vibration in corresponding chakras. It would be very interesting to know how come that most of the reiki authors never mentioned this. Is there any evidence that Ms. Takata talked about precepts this way?

And finally:
    Looking into the mirror and saying "I am beautiful, I am beautiful" is an example of a good affirmation.

Would You mind to expend little bit on this? Why do you believe this is good affirmation? Based on my experience this would be rather bad affirmation (from practical point of view) I do not mind to be wrong as long as I learn something new. :-) Here are some points why I think this would be waste of time.

1.It is done in Beta state where even very well formulated affirmation will produce some resistance.
    2.IMO this isn't very well formulated for it will create a lot of resistance and will be rejected easily thus reinforcing even more negative belief that we had before. Let's say if I am obese and need to lose some 100 pounds and I chose to work with affirmation “I am slim”. This would be rejected very easily versus let's say “I am in the process of losing weight” which would be step in the right direction but still not specific enough to produce result.

I believe that good affirmation should be very specific as to what we want to achieve therefore I would prefer to say “I am in the process of losing 5 pounds (on healthy and natural way) by ...(insert the date). This will not create strong resistance because we indeed are in the process (we might start some diet, read some tips etc and we doing affirmation).

I would prefer to support this by doing it rather in Alpha state where I can do the visualization as well or if I only use the words than Theta would be my choice. Alpha or Theta would be almost without any resistance and we would address our sub-conscious mind.

Please advise why this is wrong.

Thank You.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 pm

hi Resko Smile

rzukic wrote:Thank You Guys for starting this great topic! I hope you will not mind my “self-invitation-to-join” but this is so interesting that I couldn't pass this opportunity to learn little bit more. Now, as most of you know I have little bit different approach which sometimes could be beneficial to all.

if you had not posted today, i would have been going to send you a pm buddy, that where you are Smile ??

Resko wrote:
    I would prefer to support this by doing it rather in Alpha state where I can do the visualization as well or if I only use the words than Theta would be my choice. Alpha or Theta would be almost without any resistance and we would address our sub-conscious mind.

it might merit a lab controlled experiment sometimes in future, that when we use SHK during Seihiki Chiryo ho, does it invariably produces alpha or theta waves in the person being treted ?

take care

salman
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed May 26, 2010 3:14 am

if you had not posted today, i would have been going to send you a pm buddy, that where you are Smile ??

Very Happy

Thanks Buddy! Appreciate It!

it might merit a lab controlled experiment sometimes in future, that when we use SHK during Seihiki Chiryo ho, does it invariably produces alpha or theta waves in the person being treted ?

If my memory serves me right, there was a link in some other threads that was talking about it (some kind of entrainment indeed takes place)

Alpha or Theta would be almost without any resistance and we would address our sub-conscious mind.

When I referred to work with affirmations in Theta I meant to listen to pre-recorded affirmation.

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    marty
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

GOKAI Self-Blessing Ritual Empty Gokai

Post by marty Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:55 am

Hi. This is a very interesting topic for me as I have been working with this element of reiki practice. I initially began experimenting with meditating on the gokai written in usui sensei's handwriting. I asked the reiki lightbeings to connect the gokai in my possession to the exact energy usui sensei intended it to project. The energy of the gokai was still there but this enhanced it profoundly. I continued to meditate on the gokai and then asked the reiki source to initiate me directly into the gokai energy and this happened immediately. The energy is beautiful and transformitive. I continued to work with the gokai energy and then was guided to allow the spontaneous initiation to happen again while holding a mala so the mala would be initiated as well. I then recite the gokai 108 times with the mala or multiples thereof to create the sacred gokai space. I have found this practice incredibly powerful and transformitive. I now pass this energy on to all my students.

This energy is in reiki and I believe can be accessed by all with intent and also directly and can be given to others by reiki teachers.

To pass the energy on I set intent and then go through the initiation procedure I use for the symbols but at each place I was taught to place the symbol I visualize the gokai and recite it three times.

I perform the reiki initiations from okuden on with the mala held in the hands as well so it is initiated. You are then able to use the reiki jumon with the initiated mala for self development.

This practice attracts the lightbeings that work with the reiki energy. At the end of the first recitation of 108 times of jumon a reiki lightbeing is with you during the meditation. Greatly expands the amount of reiki energy one can hold and pronounces meditative state. I have found this to be very transformitive with continued use.

Have any of you experimented with a similar method? If any of you would like to try the above method I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Blessings,

Marty:)

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:45 pm

marty wrote:...This energy is in reiki and I believe can be accessed by all with intent and also directly and can be given to others by reiki teachers.

To pass the energy on I set intent and then go through the initiation procedure I use for the symbols but at each place I was taught to place the symbol I visualize the gokai and recite it three times.

...Have any of you experimented with a similar method?

Hi Marty,

I use a similar approach with the Gokai Blessing Ceremony and its three variant forms: Symbol-free, Distance and Self blessing*

Smile

*[as distinct from Salman's "GOKAI Self-Blessing Ritual"]

EDIT: BTW, if anyone wants to download the pdf version of the "Gokai Blessing Ceremony" please do it via the link
    in THIS post rather than from aetw.org (it will help prevent bandwidth issues caused by heavy download demand)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:03 am