Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Rlei_ki
Milarepa
Lambs-Wool
7 posters

"active" application of reiki - if warranted ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

"active" application of reiki - if warranted ? Empty "active" application of reiki - if warranted ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 27, 2010 8:24 pm

we have phrases like let go, let the reiki flow, don't sit in the way of reiki, etc. prescribing that the practitioner has to be mindful to the sensations in hands so as to shift hands from one position to another, as required, otherwise he is not meant to 'interfere' the reiki process, as reiki works its way in the best way already....

this can be termed as 'active presence, and passive participation' in the reiki process..

but, on the other hand, we have a list of 'techniques' where we find a non-application of this principle (i.e., where we not only are actively present, but also are actively participating within the reiki process too)... besides the issues that a reiki practitioner is not always a licensed massage therapist, there are techniques that resemble to the nature of massage therapy, and we apply either force, pressure, pointed fingers, strokes, or similar things during sessions... all these techniques are the category of 'active application/participation'

more commonly, we have byosen scanning, indentifying hibki's, and specific placement of hands, which, again are the application of 'active participation' principle...

if, we are taught to keep ourselves (or our ego) out of reiki process, and yet we are taught such techniques that require active, mindful, masterly participation with respect of practitioner, then what actually we are taught ? this or that ?

when we intentfully try to 'direct' reiki to a diseased area within the body of the patient, how can we assume we are letting go and letting reiki flow ?

finally, is letting go and let reiki flow is a standard protocol to be complied with necessarily ??

interested in views please

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

"active" application of reiki - if warranted ? Empty Re: "active" application of reiki - if warranted ?

Post by Milarepa Thu May 27, 2010 8:48 pm

hi buddy, nice questions! always good to look into things and questions some things that don't seem to fit!

Lambs-Wool wrote:

if, we are taught to keep ourselves (or our ego) out of reiki process, and yet we are taught such techniques that require active, mindful, masterly participation with respect of practitioner, then what actually we are taught ? this or that ?

i might be using the same sentence for all these questions, i hope to be more comprehensive, hehe...

for me, it's very straight-forward. realising that Reiki is actually the experience the recipient has, tells me that i'm not doing much special really. the magic happens with the client. This gives a very grounded, but awe-inspiring view of the whole process. it easily keeps ego in check, and heart open to the wonder/appreciaiton of anothers divinity coming forth.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    when we intentfully try to 'direct' reiki to a diseased area within the body of the patient, how can we assume we are letting go and letting reiki flow ?

it is an assumtpion. like it's an assumption a person moves across the room. and they don't. not ever, Smile.

what we're directing is akin to a request, or a command, a spiritual edict, for soemthing to happen. we can give strong indications prior what we want (via use of technqiue or symbol), but it's ultimately up to the divinity of the client.

so we're not getting in the way of a Reiki flow, since it doesn't flow, especially form us. and we're not getting in the way, if we recoqnise, we're not doing anything special, only a request, that it's up to the client, that's where the magic is.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    finally, is letting go and let reiki flow is a standard protocol to be complied with necessarily ??

letting go is important in any spritiual path. let Reiki flow, isn't. assimilating Reiki doesn't flow, has greatly deepened my experience of Reiki anyhow.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

"active" application of reiki - if warranted ? Empty Re: "active" application of reiki - if warranted ?

Post by Rlei_ki Fri May 28, 2010 12:36 am

Milarepa wrote:
    letting go is important in any spritiual path. let Reiki flow, isn't.

It isn't?

Not even in a Reiki-centered spiritual path?

scratch
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 am

I find that the byosen scanning
    contradicts the philosphy that
    Reiki goes to where its needed; so
    why do we need to know where the
    pain etc is unless we are surgeons
    or "John of God" confused

I practice simple Reiki no poking
    or prodding or trying to impress the
    client that I have medical training. sunny

Last edited by chi_solas on Fri May 28, 2010 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri May 28, 2010 6:57 am

Maybe, scanning for Byosen (imbalances in the client's Ki field) gives the Reiki practitioner something to do whilst waiting for the client's divine spark to ignite the Reiki experience?

Treating byosen maybe something akin to using firelighters on a barbeque? Dealing with imbalances in Ki may be a trigger for the emanation of Reiki?

So, maybe some active participation is needed to initiate the Reiki process but the Reiki process itself requires no participation by the practitioner, once it has arisen.

Just thinking aloud here! Smile

scratch
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 28, 2010 7:42 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

It isn't?

scratch

you constantly taught me Reiki doesn't flow, lol.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 28, 2010 11:26 am

Colin wrote:Maybe, scanning for Byosen (imbalances in the client's Ki field) gives the Reiki practitioner something to do whilst waiting for the client's divine spark to ignite the Reiki experience?

Treating byosen maybe something akin to using firelighters on a barbeque? Dealing with imbalances in Ki may be a trigger for the emanation of Reiki?

So, maybe some active participation is needed to initiate the Reiki process but the Reiki process itself requires no participation by the practitioner, once it has arisen.

scratch

I like to create a relaxing atmosphere
    and a byosen seems to be more trouble
    shooting. I do teach my students the
    byosen. I also tell them that I prefer
    not to use it cause "Reiki" knows where
    to go. IMO Reiki may have to heal the
    emotional/spiritual before getting to
    the physical. "active" application of reiki - if warranted ? 850837
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

It isn't?

scratch

and just i was remembering that you taught me the same lol!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri May 28, 2010 7:41 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    I like to create a relaxing atmosphere
    and a byosen seems to be more trouble
    shooting. I do teach my students the
    byosen. I also tell them that I prefer
    not to use it cause "Reiki" knows where
    to go. IMO Reiki may have to heal the
    emotional/spiritual before getting to
    the physical. "active" application of reiki - if warranted ? 850837

Hi Bridget

I too like to create a relaxing atmosphere, which is obviously very beneficial to both client and practitioner. However, I don't think that an initial scan over the client's body or just listening to your hands during the session detract from that atmosphere. Smile

"Trouble-shooting" it might be but the detection and treatment of byosen have traditionally always been part of the way of Reiki treatment.

Mrs Takata says, in her "essay on the Art of Healing", from a book compiled by her daughter, Alice Furumoto:

During the treatment, trust in your hands, Listen to vibrations or reaction.
    and

Going through the body in minute detail, the hands become sensitive and are able to determine the cause and to detect the slightest congestion within, whether physical or mental, acute or chronic. Being strictly drugless and a bloodless treatment, Reiki will adjust the body to normal.
    and

Remove the cause and there shall be no effect.

In Komyo Reiki and Jikiden Reiki, which both claim to have direct links to Chujiro Hayashi, the main focus on the Reiki treatment is to detect and treat byosen, which are not only indicators of physical imbalances but also mental, emotional and spiritual imbalances".

Shou Matsui, a student of Chujiro Hayashi, wrote in his 1928 article about Reiki:

I scan the patient's whole body, sense the source of the disorder, treat that area, and the healing effect is dramatic. I can discover the source of the disease because I will feel pain when I place my hands there. Depending on the disorder, the intensity of the pain differs...

I don't just feel this pain in my hands at the point indicated by the patient, I also feel it at the point which is the source of the disease, so I can find the treatment point easily.

The ability to detect byosen is also said to have been one of Usui's requirements to be able to move from Shoden (First Teachings) to Okuden (Inner Teachings), according to Frank Petter's research.

So, I think that there has always been some "active participation" by the Reiki practitioner.

Smile
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Colin wrote:

scratch

and you know what, in thinking this loud, you have actaully voiced my thoughts so brilliantly! Smile thanks for help Colin!

take care

salman
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Fri May 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Milarepa wrote:

But did I ?

As someone you kinda know ( - a certain Suzanne Ezria Lysette Graham) is fond of saying, there is often a universe of difference between what the speaker implies and what the listener infers... Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat May 29, 2010 1:11 am

Thanks Colin. I do understand that the Byosen
    has its place for practitioners who feel the
    need to know. I feel I do not need to know as
    I'm just the facilitator and not treating the
    client. The client IMO heals themselves. My hands
    are guided to the area that needs more attention
    without the Byosen. I do teach my students the Byosen
    and I make them aware of other techniques that some
    practitioner use such as scooping and raking I do not
    use those. sunny
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 am

I've never liked using scanning, although I teach it at ARP level. When I get hibiki, I just think "oh that's there" and let it go, it's part of the mindfulness.

I also just go with the flow, and if I start moving then I let the movement happen until it stops.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:52 am

Pandora wrote:I just think "oh that's there" and let it go, it's part of the mindfulness.

i m experimenting with it these days, and results are good Smile!!
    Kashikoi
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

"active" application of reiki - if warranted ? Empty Active Reiki

Post by Kashikoi Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:38 am

Hi,

Reiki is active though. The practitioner is required to use intention, focus and visualisation during the healing to make it as effective as possible. Mikao Usui himself said he treated the areas that required healing directly. It must be a Western notion that the energy is intelligent and goes where it needs to as it's contrary to every Eastern discipline that a practitioner would NOT concentrate during healing or martial arts or whatever. Where the mind goes the energy follows so if it's not actively engaging in the healing it's somewhere irrelevant.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:42 am

hiya! good post, btw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:29 pm