Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Colin
Lambs-Wool
6 posters

Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ? Empty Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:13 am

hi buddies

We know Usui sensei observed an earthquake in his vicinity in later years of his life, and we have also heard that he worked zealously for the affected people. I want (rather request) researchers to enlighten us with his 'way' of working in such situations ? For example :

..........Did he adopt the the 'blanket reiki' approach to send reiki to masses, rather sending reiki to 'situations' like we had tsunami, haiti quake, and of recently the highly fatal flood spree in my country pakistan?

..........Did he teach something like sending reiki to mother earth or to our beloved planet?

.........Did he adopt some technique to treat masses in one go like we have 'reiki email lists' or 'sunday reiki shares' developed nowadays?

.........Did he charge for treating affectees of such natural clamities?

..........Did he spoke of any special technique to deal with the situatuin?

..........Do we still have to seek permission in such eventualities before relaying distant reiki ?

Please share ur research findings and general comment, as may me needed

Take care

Salman

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ? Empty Re: Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ?

Post by Colin Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi Salman

In Inamoto Sensei's translation of Usui's Memorial he says:

In September of the 12th year (1923 A.D.) there was a great earthquake and a conflagration broke out. Everywhere there were groans of pains from the wounded. Sensei, feeling pity for them, went out every morning to go around the town, and he cured and saved an innumerable number of people. This is just a broad outline of his relief activities during such an emergency.

So, this would indicate that he actually went to the people in need and did in-person Reiki treatments. Since people would have been crying out for help, I don't think permission would have been an issue in this case and I doubt that he would charge for these treatments.

There is also a story of there being so many people needing healing that Usui would sometimes treat 5 people at once! He would be seated and give Reiki with each of his feet, each hand and through his eyes for the fifth person! At the moment I cannot find the original source for that story, where I first heard it, but I remember hearing it from Tadao Yamaguchi more recently.
    study

Usui may not have taught to send Reiki to "Mother Earth" but I think he did teach that when we are healing our self, we are also healing those around us, since we are all connected. Elements of various meditations, such as joshin kokyu ho, involve emanating Reiki out into the Universe/to infinity etc. which would therefore also include this planet.

Smile
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ? Empty Re: Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 pm

nicely summed up Colin Smile much thanks

I will come back to this in some time...(running short to fast completion time) Something very interesting that giving reiki to 5 persons coincidently corresponds to the pentagon within Dai of DKM, meaning Great Smile

Lets see if there is some other piece of info shared by others in this while

Take care

Salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:00 am

Be kind to others, be kind to all living things. Arrow
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:27 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:..........Did he teach something like sending reiki to mother earth or to our beloved planet?

I do not think so. I am not aware of any 'traditional' or 'original' teachings/meditations/techniques used for this purpose.
    His teachings were about personal happiness, harmony, spiritual growth with attaining spiritual enlightenment as its ultimate goal. It was not about sending energy to a planet.

Lambs-Wool wrote:.........Did he adopt some technique to treat masses in one go like we have 'reiki email lists' or 'sunday reiki shares' developed nowadays?

I do not think it was taught by Usui-sensei.

Usui-sensei is indeed said to have treated several people at the same time after the earthquake (can be read in Tadao Yamaguchi's book). He used his hands, eyes and feet.
    He was in no doubt able to do this, as he attained enlightenment the year before the earthquake.

He taught his students (only when they were ready!) how to send energy through the hands, through the eyes and through breath. However, I am not aware of Usui teaching his students to use all of this to treat several people at the same time. And as far as I know, he didn't teach his students to use their feet.

However, it is not impossible that he discussed such things with the students who were ready to learn techniques like this.

Lambs-Wool wrote:.........Did he charge for treating affectees of such natural clamities?

I cannot imagine him doing that.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Frank wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:..........Did he teach something like sending reiki to mother earth or to our beloved planet?

I do not think so. I am not aware of any 'traditional' or 'original' teachings/meditations/techniques used for this purpose.
    His teachings were about personal happiness, harmony, spiritual growth with attaining spiritual enlightenment as its ultimate goal. It was not about sending energy to a planet.

i have the same feelings... i have often felt that reiki operates through personalization of divinity... it is highly invidualized when it is in action.... whether it is individualized for the patient in a session, or it is for the practitioner himself, reiki, as i view it, cannot operate in vacuum and for vacuums.. if we say that we can send reiki to planet earth, this might imply an impersonal receipient.... it is well observed feeling that when we reiki, the divinity/energetic culture of the recipient plays a potent role in the overall process (like a necessary ingredient).... we will still have to study that if we take that reiki can be sent to planet earth, or to non-determined number of people suffereing a natural calamity, or to mother earth, how the equation is completed for the reciepient part study

Frank wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:.........Did he adopt some technique to treat masses in one go like we have 'reiki email lists' or 'sunday reiki shares' developed nowadays?

I do not think it was taught by Usui-sensei.

Usui-sensei is indeed said to have treated several people at the same time after the earthquake (can be read in Tadao Yamaguchi's book). He used his hands, eyes and feet.
    He was in no doubt able to do this, as he attained enlightenment the year before the earthquake.

the source referred by Colin and by you is Sensei Tadao Yamaguchi's book.... do we have other parallel evidence as well ?

Frank wrote:
    And as far as I know, he didn't teach his students to use their feet.

possibly an 'add-on'? like we see in certain styles, feet are initiated too during attunement session ?

thanks for the share Frank, sure it makes the thread move one step further Smile

salman
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Frank wrote:

i have the same feelings... i have often felt that reiki operates through personalization of divinity... it is highly invidualized when it is in action.... whether it is individualized for the patient in a session, or it is for the practitioner himself, reiki, as i view it, cannot operate in vacuum and for vacuums.. if we say that we can send reiki to planet earth, this might imply an impersonal receipient.... it is well observed feeling that when we reiki, the divinity/energetic culture of the recipient plays a potent role in the overall process (like a necessary ingredient).... we will still have to study that if we take that reiki can be sent to planet earth, or to non-determined number of people suffereing a natural calamity, or to mother earth, how the equation is completed for the reciepient part study

Hiya Lambs wool,

The earth is living breath thing, Planetary healing is my life’s work, if you would like to ask any questions please feel free, although im of line for a few days now, but just a small thought do you truly think Usui would have been opposed to those that wished to bring peace, balance and harmony to the planet, would that not bring peace, balance and harmony, to all that lived on her. blessings
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Dharma wrote:
    Hiya Lambs wool,

The earth is living breath thing, Planetary healing is my life’s work, if you would like to ask any questions please feel free, although im of line for a few days now, but just a small thought do you truly think Usui would have been opposed to those that wished to bring peace, balance and harmony to the planet, would that not bring peace, balance and harmony, to all that lived on her. blessings

hi Dharma

i m very sorry for myself Dharma if unintentionally i have been the cause of discomfort..

Planetary healing is a huge big work, and as you said you have given your life to it, i am highly respectful to you for this noble work... may you have blessings and successses ahead, and may all people on earth join you in such efforts sunny

please note Dharma that my comments about planetary healing were focussed on reiki only, and no way against the concept of healing mother earth or this wonderful planet...

there are several means to an end, and many tools to achieve what we want to achieve... personal improvement, harmony, peace and growth have been 'declared' by Usui Sensei himself to be the 'goals' of reiki... if people would include reiki in their lifestyle and accomplish such goals, what effects these would have on planet earth... of course a big step towards planetary healing! it is us humans which have been the cause of disharmony of our planet through our power games, cruelty, inhumane approaches, etc. etc. if 'homo sapiens' within this planet are healed up, i believe, this plaent will heal up just as a result sunny

you must have many other things in your toolbox for the healing of planet... literature, englightment, prayer, blessings, selfless efforts, moderation, peace keeping... and much more... sure reiki would be one of such marvelous tools..

i admit that i m not that zealous like you to do huge work for planetary healing Dharma, but i at least i daily offer prayers for the peace of mankind, love among nations... cross religion tolerance... a NO to brutal enforcement of religious eddicts... and things like that... and i have big wish in heart that humanity gains its due dignity by love and respect...

i wish for a golden sunny day when there would be no hatred, no war, no poverty, no hunger on earth...and there will be all PEACE, LOVE and LIGHT!! sunny

there is a technical difference of opinion between you and me in respect of sending reiki to earth, but there is absolutely no difference between you and me ( and many others here) when we talk about compassion and love for mother earth Smile

long live mother earth !!

Smile

Salman

Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Frank wrote:I do not think it was taught by Usui-sensei.

the source referred by Colin and by you is Sensei Tadao Yamaguchi's book.... do we have other parallel evidence as well ?

I haven't found any source saying Usui-sensei treated 5 people at a time. Tadao's book states: To give treatments to many people at the same time he used his eyes and feet in addition to his hands. (Page 65)

There are various soures talking about Usui and the eartquake. Hiroshi Doi, Dave King, Frans/Bronwen Stiene, memorial stone.
    They all say that Usui-sensei helped a lot of people who were injured during the earthquake, but I can't find anyone (apart from Yamaguchi) saying that Usui treated several people at the same time.

In spite of this, I do believe Usui-sensei was able to do it, for he was enlightened.
    Spiritually advanced people can consciously transmit energy through all parts of their body.

I remember the feeling when I first used my tongue to give energy somewhere inside my mouth Razz
    Felt pretty new and interesting. So Usui must have been able to use those body parts and treat several people at once.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Frank wrote:
    And as far as I know, he didn't teach his students to use their feet.

possibly an 'add-on'? like we see in certain styles, feet are initiated too during attunement session ?

I can imagine Usui-sensei talking about the possibility to use your feet when it came up in a conversation, a lesson or when the situation asked for it.

Attuning feet surely is an add-on.
    The possibility to use your feet during treatments is something different. That's just a side-effect from someone's spiritual development.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:44 pm

I trust that most people will feel
    inclined to help when a disaster
    strikes. I know that I would assist
    not particularly to do Reiki but to
    utilize my first aid/cpr skills. My
    Reiki hands are a plus they naturally
    draw ULFE sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:30 am

Folks I split this thread so you
    can continue symbol discussion on
    a new thread under...
    "Different ways of using symbols"

Leaving this thread open to discuss
    Sensei Usui's response to natural clamities ?

sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:05 am

Frank wrote:

I haven't found any source saying Usui-sensei treated 5 people at a time. Tadao's book states: To give treatments to many people at the same time he used his eyes and feet in addition to his hands. (Page 65)

In spite of this, I do believe Usui-sensei was able to do it, for he was enlightened.
    Spiritually advanced people can consciously transmit energy through all parts of their body.

A useful caveat, is that if Usui sensei could have done this, and i beleive he would hav prob had the ability, it's not something we shoudl deliberately aspire to.

Having the ability/experience he did, it's of course his call, what way he treats a person. his ability came without a doubt aftr years of spiritual training, particularly mindfullness practice. It's a no-brainer he would wish his students of Reiki to train in mindfullness in some way. focusing on one person at a time is doing this.

If some of us had the experience he had, sure that's there call again. I'd like to point out for us beginners, that the above possiblity would distract us personally, from our own progress.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:02 am

Milarepa wrote:A useful caveat, is that if Usui sensei could have done this, and i beleive he would hav prob had the ability, it's not something we shoudl deliberately aspire to.

I agree with you.

Actually, I would like to take it even further: when walking a spiritual path, one should not aspire to anything. Just walk the path and let go of any goals. Only that way one can reach the goal.

Every meditation (for example) has a goal. When meditating, one should completely let go of the goal. Only then one can really experience what the meditation is about and achieve the goal.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:21 am

good advice Frank. whenever we try to aspire to anything, absolutely anything, it'll ellude us.

my Yoga teacher asked me why i mediated once. i was, erm, 19. i said to be enlightened of course. she told me that's not the wya, we mediate just simply for the joy of sitting.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:48 am