Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

List of the Naval Officers

Moore

List of the Naval Officers Empty List of the Naval Officers

Post by Moore Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Do we know exactly who the naval officers were that Usui-Sensei taught
    the healing oriented form of Reiki?

- Juzaburo gyoda
    - Chujiro Hayashi
    - Kanichi Taketomi

These, i think, were part of that group. If i got anyone wrong, please correct me, but also feel free to add anyone you know of that i left out.

Moore
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

List of the Naval Officers Empty Re: List of the Naval Officers

Post by chi_solas Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:37 am

Moore wrote:Do we know exactly who the naval officers were that Usui-Sensei taught the healing oriented form of Reiki?

- Juzaburo gyoda
    - Chujiro Hayashi
    - Kanichi Taketomi

These, i think, were part of that group. If i got anyone wrong, please correct me, but also feel free to add anyone you know of that i left out.

Moore

A very interesting query. I never gave
    much thought to who the other officers
    were that Usui taught. I'll be interested
    to hear what Colin & Wayne can contribute
    to you question sunny
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:44 am

Moore wrote:Do we know exactly who the naval officers were that Usui-Sensei taught
    the healing oriented form of Reiki?

- Juzaburo gyoda
    - Chujiro Hayashi
    - Kanichi Taketomi

Moore

Yes, that is correct, as far as I know! Smile

Juzaburo Gyoda is also known as Jusaburo Ushida.

There was also Hoichi Wanami, who was a vice Admiral and went on to be 5th President of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai but I think it could have been Taketomi who initiated him into Reiki rather than Usui sensei.

Here is what Toshitaka Mochizuki has to say about them in his book 'Iyashino Te - Cho Kanton' which I have translated from the French version I have! (I have not included Hayashi Sensei because lots of information can be found about him elsewhere but there is not much information available about the others!)

Jusaburo Ushida (1865 – 1935), Admiral (2nd President of Gakkai)
    He was trained by Usui sensei, who was apparently constantly telling him: 'Reiki Ryoho can cultivate your mind, so we must treat diseases with your deep personality.”

Ushida sensei in his turn trained numerous disciples. Gifted in calligraphy, it was he who engraved the epitaph on the stele commemorating Usui sensei.

According to Koichi Sasaki, a researcher in the field of treatment by laying on of hands and respected personality in psychology, Reiki has been spread widely in Japan before World War II through the status and social ties that both Ushida sensei and Usui sensei had enjoyed.

Kan’ichi Taketomi (1878 – 1960), Admiral (3rd President of Gakkai)
    He was particularly gifted in the practice of Reiji Ho (transmission of energy based on intuition) and establishing diagnoses (!)
    During training, he asked his students to move their hands to each end of his hand so that they can themselves be the experience of Reiji ho. One student put his hands on the shoulders of the first until they were all connected and Taketomi sensei spoke these words: “Here is Reiki”.
    According to him, Reiji ho is very important at the time of initiation to Reiki and when the treatments are carried out. One day, facing a sick child, he found that his illness did not come from a malfunction of his organs, but a great tiredness. He treated the child by giving Reiki on the spine. He taught the importance of diagnosis. He also showed how he could let the energy guide his intuition to find the name of a villain among several names of suspects. This technique could of course be used for something positive. He was transferred to Kyoto during the war and then returned to Tokyo. He gave courses at Hannya Dojo Inokashira.

Hoichi Wanami (1883 – 1975), Vice Admiral (5th President of Gakkai)
    He was very quiet and always wore a smile of kindness. Very sociable, he made Reiki known in multiple locations. When he was older, he asked Koyama sensei, then the sixth president of the organization if he could continue to practice treatments. He had studied everything related to health, in particular, ways for seniors to stay healthy, and had lectured on various subjects. He was so strong and healthy he was still climbing Mount Fuji 90 years.
    From the mid-1950s until the mid-1960s, he visited all the centres of the Gakkai in order to train members. Many of these centres then became much more active. Mine sensei, apparently, showed Mochizuki a picture in silk on which Reiki masters had registered their name and a wish. Wanami sensei had drawn the Chinese characters "I only know that I'm satisfied.”

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:29 am

brilliant Moore and Colin Smile

Some names can also be found in a thread called 'Usui sensei's Master students names' where James have pointed out some names. It will prompt some more personalities for your question Moore.

Thanks for this thread cheers

Smile

Salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:02 pm