Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears !

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears ! Empty Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears !

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 pm

hi buddies Smile

how does reiki manifest in your daily lives ?

i know that the answers would be as diverse and as beautiful, as the human race itself is ! reiki partakes healing, spirituality, happiness, freedom, liberation, peace and love, or a invidulaized mix of these blessings as per one's vision towards life.

reiki principles give us a formula for inviting happiness in our lives and coupled with amazing spiritual climate reiki creates, we achieve balance, harmony and healing.... reiki system also works for the liberation / freedom from unhealthy attachments in our behaviours and disposition.... it liberates us from worries (possibly by liberating us from the fear of what happens next) it guides how to live in the present moment and how to enjoy it... being reiki is often obersved as being happy in a most inner cores of heart.

its been a while that reiki manfiests for me as happiness more than it used to express itself in shape of healing, spiritual composure or mental peace... maybe it is taking a next leap, or maybe i m getting now used to it... well, during hatsurei ho, i often feel a cloud of good feelings, joy, happiness descends from my head through my body to hara and it gives me a superb feeling of happiness, calmness and joy... i feel the love of reiki emanating within all my being like a light Smile

amid such wonderful feeling, i observe one more thing, and thats what has led me to write on this thread. while observing all my being immersed in happiness and feeling myself very blessed during the moments of reiki, i feel i am afraid of something i cannot figure out to myself... there are some fears that i have not spoken to myself about, and which indeed don't exist in description. some unknown, unspoken, uncategorized feeling... i feel something obstructs me from keep flowing in the moments of reiki happiness... maybe it is my ego that does not like itself being dissovled within these moments? whatever..

sometimes the fear takes another turn.. i feel a sigh like 'oh god, i m saved now' and yet unable to tell myself that from what thing i have just got saved...

what is the thing that fastens me to wordly worries when my spirit loves to rise and liberate from worries and fears... where is the catch?

i know that such feelings are observed by my many of my reiki friends here, in one way or another, and that they have not yet shared it across with us santa

can anybody help me that how can i name and categorize the unknown fear i feel within reiki moments ???

much blessings and thanks Smile

take care

salman

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought syntax adjusted :))
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears ! Empty Re: Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears !

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:38 am

Hiya Buddy!
    your post is an excellant one, i'm gonna nominate it for the must-read section btw. I anticipate an excellant topic involvement from others members!

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi buddies Smile

its been a while that reiki manfiests for me as happiness more than it used to express itself in shape of healing, spiritual composure or mental peace... maybe it is taking a next leap, or maybe i m getting now used to it...

if you feel you're getting used to it, or not moving along the path, that's precisely the time you actually are moving along! when we begin to judge our own progress, we actually aren't independant, impartial judges.

Salman wrote:
    what is the thing that fastens me to wordly worries when my spirit loves to rise and liberate from worries and fears... where is the catch?

you're living in the world. you've got a job with immense responsibility. shoudl we not live in this world? cause if we don't want to, we can always choose to clear of, hehe, Smile. What i'm getting at is embrace this world, this life, this reality. Though don't become attached to it, and attachment is the thing. don't either become detached to it, but let the issues of this world come & go, like clouds in the sky. It'll either be sunny, cloudy, or rainy. that's just the way the sky is. and we accept that. Smile.

Salman wrote:
    i know that such feelings are observed by my many of my reiki friends here, in one way or another, and that they have not yet shared it across with us santa

This is a highly personal thing with me, but it's right i share it in this topic. From my great experience of being born topic, in Reiki experiences, i've had issues with drugs even after that. through some recent spiritual activities, i've come to realise that i took drugs to be socially acceptable. the reason i wanted to be accepted was because i carry a lot of guilt around about my past. there's been times i've not applied Reiki to my life, and went on drug binges. without a doubt, this is because there is a fear inside me about what it woudl be like if i dealt with my guilt.

change within ourselves, within our whole psyche can be a very terrifying thing. our ego really loves things to stay as they are. i hate talking negative about the ego, cause i see it so easy as folks seeing something within them that has to be defeated, and that in itself is a not so good approach to things...

there's a buddhist spirtual practice that is over 1000 years old, called Chod. (http://www.kapalatraining.com/). It lets us know that if we try to resolve anything with a battle, inevitably it feeds the whole situation, making it stronger. It's a very interesting read, the book the author wrote. I'm using it myself atm.

Salman wrote:
    can anybody help me that how can i name and categorize the unknown fear i feel within reiki moments ???

If you aren't able to categorise the fear, you feel you cant begin to sort it out? This might be true in a way. For me, it's took me right up until the last few weeks to understand my past. however, with Reiki so much is possible. Look at James' signature. Reiki ni rei, bow to the Reiki. He'll tell you why he uses that siganture of course. to me, my own interpretation is that once we surrender completely to Reiki, anything is possible.

It might be, for you, not knowing what this fear is, is maybe the fear itself. Or at least, it is making it stronger, if you are feeling uneasy at not being able to name it. Maybe surrendering to Reiki completely with this, all will be revealed? surrendering to Reiki isn't as easy as it sounds. we think us Reiki folks already do that. not so. it's maybe a reason why some practitioners don't like even Reiki forums. There can be much self-importance, hehe.

what might be happenign with you, since you think you're getting used to things, is you are actually being gave a gift of moving into a new anwareness. more personal revelations might come if you decide NOT to try to label things in your Reiki practice. Smile.

much affection
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears ! Empty Re: Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears !

Post by chi_solas Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:49 am

As a parent we try to nuture our children/family
    members to live in a place of harmony. I have
    found that although it's difficult we have to let
    go and let them find their own way. We can model
    for them. They follow what we do, not what we say.
    Reiki has helped me to look at that perspective of
    my life as a mother of adult children who are now
    nuturing their own children. As children move out of
    the toddler stage they advance into connecting with
    the world at large, nurturing mode shifts as other
    new learning outside the home becomes part of their
    development that can cause problems within the family
    culture. It's a fine line between being a nuturing
    parent over dictorial in their teen years. Being Reiki
    helps to bring that balance of peace and harmony into
    the family culture. Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears ! 850837

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:19 am

Wayne said:
    surrendering to Reiki isn't as easy as it sounds. we think us Reiki folks already do that. not so. it's maybe a reason why some practitioners don't like even Reiki forums. There can be much self-importance, hehe.

That's it Exclamation "self importance"

Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears ! 307123 Wayne now that I have a name
    I will have more tolerance for those who
    feel so "self important" king queen
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 pm

yeah, hehe, i notice it a lot, cause i feel it a lot! lol!
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by LightChild Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:28 am

Very interesting post Salman!!! There is so much to talk about...
    I know how you feel about unnamed fear and I have experienced it countless times in my life... I think the fear we hold within us has nothing to do with Reiki. Reiki can only help us to reveal it and let go of it. I am so grateful that Reiki exists!!!
    As I spoke with Colin last night there is a tight connection between Reiki and Shamanism.

Shamanic healing has to do a lot with letting go of fears within us..and I have experienced the spiral journey and felt the effects of it...
    There is a book called SHAMANIC BREATHWORK- JOURNEYING BEYOND THE LIMITS OF THE SELF by Linda Star Wolf. It's a new book with a CD inside and I warmly recommend it to you to read and experience the spiral journey Linda provides and also the Spiral Breath Meditation.

The fear we all experience at some point or constantly is the fear of our shadow self we don't want to accept or we are afraid to accept. It is hard to accept a person who is behaving or acting against your moral principles or acceptable ways... And everyone of us has such an aspect within and we fear to face this part of ourselves.
    I think this is what you fear of and you have to find this aspect of yourself you can't or don't want to accept , your shadow and to reveal and accept it and heal it ...
    That's why I recommend you this book as I think it's going to help you a lot in answering your questions about unnamed fear you feel.

I made the spiral journey for the first time three days before i discovered about Reiki... and I think it was a turning point of realising and finding my path ...
    I haven't done the spiral journey up from then but now ..these days I feel I have to do it again as I feel again I need to clean myself and sweep my fears away...

Wayne thank you for sharing your private life and experiences. I appreciate it so much !!! So wise words you say...

Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:49 am

Lambs-Wool wrote: maybe it is my ego that does not like itself being dissovled within these moments? whatever..

I have experienced this personally. You have seen it in my words here at this forum, and commented in response. There is letting go, and then there is letting go before you are prepared. Walk slowly and cautiously into the "fear", be mindful.

Lambs-Wool wrote:

Common sense...and the realities of this realm.

These worries, they are a part of your existance,and not seperate from you. It`s your leaning ground, and of course, the Buddhist lessons on suffering bare fruit when one is consumed with worry. Worry does not exist in you, due to any weakness, it is not punishment. It exists through lack of understanding, and some might say lack of faith, yet lack of faith leads back to understanding in this case.

We are all affected by this....it is one of the common things we share, in which we wish to overcome.

Lambs-Wool wrote:

Probably not, and...what`s the hurry? The answers will come with your understanding. My answers may be useless to you, as they are for me, and I of course am presently working on problems that you could answer, that would do me no good, as i have not yet found the understanding inside myself to receive the messages you might put forth.

Some of my spiritual breakthroughs have been preceeded by a measurable amount of fear at times...I`m still here my friend Salman, and I`m still learning.It is as it should be for you in this time. Time will proceed and you will have your answers one day.

jim
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:57 am

hi my lovley buddies Smile thanks for the insights shared

sometimes it is considered controversial that whether we should publicly share the personal experiences and feelings like of this thread since spiritual experiencces are highly individualized and specific to a person, and are often couched in rather individualized set of circumstances... we can say that spiritual experience of everyone is itself a big reality, whether others join the same as such or they feel they don't. this is also true that our personal backgrounds, approach, training, growth and personalities shape up our spiritual experience in a way that is highly specific to no other, but to us. on these points it is considered not so beneficial even if we share our personal things since it cannot possibly be mirrored by everyone reading, and what in turn they feel, cannot be equally mirrored by us.

granted what said above, yet reading what others feel on a topic like this gives us a great food for thought... sometimes it gives us clues to enter a new level of awareness... sometimes we corroborate and substantiate our experiences in views shared by others, sometimes we note down where we'd went wrong... the halo effect has its tendencies, no doubts, but the benefits of sharing cannot ever be overemphasized Smile

it is very hard to judge oursselves whether we been 'progressing' on a path during a time as Wayne said.. our subjective approach blurrs our tendencies to read between the lines during a mystic or spiritual experiences... mostly we come to know after a time has passed about the precise nature of what we had been expriencing a certain time back. Once on a path, when we are giving in, and putting ourselves to the practices, we are progressing even if we feel we are dead still... the life is not so easy to give judgements about ourselves. Smile

Wayne wrote:
    you're living in the world. you've got a job with immense responsibility. shoudl we not live in this world? cause if we don't want to, we can always choose to clear of, hehe, Smile. What i'm getting at is embrace this world, this life, this reality. Though don't become attached to it, and attachment is the thing. don't either become detached to it, but let the issues of this world come & go, like clouds in the sky. It'll either be sunny, cloudy, or rainy. that's just the way the sky is. and we accept that. Smile.

become attached to our responsiblities in life is definitely as essential as is our breath and food ! however, becoming carried away with such responsiblities disturbs the balance... what the reiki principles aim to transpire in us is a state of mind like you said "....let the issues of this world come & go, like clouds in the sky" i wish i achieve such state of mind with all the blessings it carries sunny

Wayne wrote:
    This is a highly personal thing with me, but it's right i share it in this topic. From my great experience of being born topic, in Reiki experiences, i've had issues with drugs even after that. through some recent spiritual activities, i've come to realise that i took drugs to be socially acceptable. the reason i wanted to be accepted was because i carry a lot of guilt around about my past. there's been times i've not applied Reiki to my life, and went on drug binges. without a doubt, this is because there is a fear inside me about what it woudl be like if i dealt with my guilt.

this is all very highly personal stuff Wayne. much heartily thanks for making public these personal expriences.... this is a highly valued sharing... we all are honoured that you let us join sunny

as a general note, however, i have to say that our mind plays pretty dangerous tricks with us.... it is not possible for us often to get to grips of what actually has been happening deep inside... addictions do have a nexus to some past experiences which are never reckoned by our active memory... past life regression often brings many issues to the surface that had remained blurred due to active concelment/smart play of our ego... our ego often acts as a saviour in moments of crisis... it does something to protect us from being shattered in the event we might be at verge of..... but this creates repurcussions elsewhere... we pass the moment safely with such tricks of our ego, but we lose a big thing in the long run...

fear, as you would note Wayne, often springs from our lack of knowledge/awareness in a particular area... as you said Wayne, that it has just some weeks that you identified your real problem that goaded you to drugs, same that with reiki, many emotional issues surfaced for me that had roots deep in the past, and now becoming to the core of such issues, i realized that this is the time i must liberate from them...actually reiki also helps us to walk into our fears when the right time comes... we cannot rid fears unless we walk through them.. this is terrible, but fortunately or unfortunately, this is so true!

Wayne wrote:
    change within ourselves, within our whole psyche can be a very terrifying thing. our ego really loves things to stay as they are.

a key point you've picked for the thread. the feelings of fear can possibly be for this very reason... when we are trying to make a leap during a meditation or during a reiki moment, we often have to pass through a subtle resistance... we often wonder that our whole being wishes to explore more of it by going forth, then where the hell we are feeling 'obstruction' from within us against it... this is called fear of losing the existing awareness to give way for a new awareness.. this is called non-physical 'inertia' of our awareness... like you said, ego sits somewhere in between... i often have to make adjustments with myself during the meditation with the very strong feelings that 'oh, i know the best already' and this is again an ego-trick...

Wayne wrote:
    i hate talking negative about the ego, cause i see it so easy as folks seeing something within them that has to be defeated, and that in itself is a not so good approach to things...

yes, this is so true.. we often are found feeding several negative things by our attitudes... fear is one of them... sometimes i feel if anything rally exists that is called 'negative' unless, of course, we take a limited view and tag it 'negative'... ego, as i said earlier, has functions... it is our protector in hard times... it is our first-aid kit in the moments of crisis... it gives the stability as is needed..in the first instance, ego is the manifest of self, of our identitiy... it gives us an id within mass consciousness and pool of universal awareness... ego has, however, to be studied in detail self-analysis, to know how it holds true and where it has to be balanced as we continuously make progress within spiritual domains and as we keep getting more and more self-realization Smile

Wayne wrote:
    Salman wrote:

If you aren't able to categorise the fear, you feel you cant begin to sort it out? This might be true in a way.
    It might be, for you, not knowing what this fear is, is maybe the fear itself. Or at least, it is making it stronger, if you are feeling uneasy at not being able to name it.

to some extent, i have got what you said Wayne Smile if the fear is taken as transitional in nature, then naming it would perhaps make it stay longer... yeah, i find substance in the wisdom that sometimes naming and categorizing a thing would limit the process of our ongoing awareness Laughing

Wayne wrote:
    with Reiki so much is possible. Look at James' signature. Reiki ni rei, bow to the Reiki. He'll tell you why he uses that siganture of course. to me, my own interpretation is that once we surrender completely to Reiki, anything is possible.

Maybe surrendering to Reiki completely with this, all will be revealed? surrendering to Reiki isn't as easy as it sounds. we think us Reiki folks already do that. not so.

what might be happenign with you, since you think you're getting used to things, is you are actually being gave a gift of moving into a new anwareness. more personal revelations might come if you decide NOT to try to label things in your Reiki practice. Smile.

i think i got what you say here Smile thanks bro!

Elly :

thanks for the reply, and as usual, it is fragrant with wisdom and compassion Smile

LightChild wrote:
    Reiki can only help us to reveal it and let go of it. I am so grateful that Reiki exists!!!
    thats the real bent of the thread ! i m so pleased that i m not being misunderstood sunny

LightChild wrote:
    As I spoke with Colin last night there is a tight connection between Reiki and Shamanism.

Shamanic healing has to do a lot with letting go of fears within us..and I have experienced the spiral journey and felt the effects of it...
    There is a book called SHAMANIC BREATHWORK- JOURNEYING BEYOND THE LIMITS OF THE SELF by Linda Star Wolf. It's a new book with a CD inside and I warmly recommend it to you to read and experience the spiral journey Linda provides and also the Spiral Breath Meditation.

thanks for the share. i haven't yet tried ordering books online through amazon etc. i'll give a try that how much they guys take to deliver within pakistan. secondly, as a fundamental decision taken a year back, i have returned/liquidated all my seven credit cards, and have to order through someone's other lol!

LightChild wrote:
    The fear we all experience at some point or constantly is the fear of our shadow self we don't want to accept or we are afraid to accept. It is hard to accept a person who is behaving or acting against your moral principles or acceptable ways... And everyone of us has such an aspect within and we fear to face this part of ourselves.

I think this is what you fear of and you have to find this aspect of yourself you can't or don't want to accept , your shadow and to reveal and accept it and heal it ...

well, this is certainly another aspect of fear... a fear of rejection, a fear of being disagreeable... one thing that posting on fora has gradually developed in me is that we should not fear how people take us, rather we must be more concerned how we will take them next affraid Smile

LightChild wrote:
    That's why I recommend you this book as I think it's going to help you a lot in answering your questions about unnamed fear you feel.

I made the spiral journey for the first time three days before i discovered about Reiki... and I think it was a turning point of realising and finding my path ...
    I haven't done the spiral journey up from then but now ..these days I feel I have to do it again as I feel again I need to clean myself and sweep my fears away...

just as a friendly thought, i was thinking if you would surrender to reiki altogether and test if it is sufficient to make the fears dissolved without the help of any other meditation / practice... you may feel quite opposite to it, thats understandable, but the little experience of around two decades suggests me that if we are given something all embracing thing like reiki, we can safely embrace it with the exclusion of many side by practices Reiki, happiness and unspoken fears ! 850837

take care buddies

salman

PS : sorry for belated reply but the fortnight just passed was a bad patch for me as i witnessed strange repulsiveness from all the things, reiki, family, kids, work, even from myself... but eventually i m now finding things getting better Smile

Jim, i will be replying to your response in a day or too... i have to say much about Smile

Wayne thank you for sharing your private life and experiences. I appreciate it so much !!! So wise words you say...

[/quote]
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

PS : sorry for belated reply but the fortnight just passed was a bad patch for me as i witnessed strange repulsiveness from all the things, reiki, family, kids, work, even from myself... but eventually i m now finding things getting better Smile

apologies not accepted! your poetic words were very much missed here! your above words reminded me of a taoist saying - 'wu wei' . non-effort. like a blade of grass, bend in the direction of the winds of life.

Lambs-wool wrote:

thankYOU for sharting this excellant topic!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:37 am

Fear robs us of life itself.
    We become prisioners within.
    Different issues come about
    that we are not in control
    of and have to learn how to
    cope without fear. heart smiley
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by LightChild Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:22 am

thanks for the reply, and as usual, it is fragrant with wisdom and compassion
    Thank you Salman! You made me blushing lol Embarassed
    I just say what I think, feel and know so far... There is so much to learn yet in this life. And I learn from you and others here a lot!
    Love and Light

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 pm