Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
LightChild
chi_solas
6 posters

Ask a Reiki question

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Ask a Reiki question Empty Ask a Reiki question

Post by chi_solas Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Before a Reiki session/treatment,
    how do you prepare your Reiki area
    before your client comes? sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Ask a Reiki question Empty Re: Ask a Reiki question

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:34 am

A Reiki Master Teacher may use symbols
    drawing them towards each of the four
    corners in an upward motion to clear the
    environment for new energy to abound. bounce

If a Reiki practitioner 1 has not been taught
    the symbols what do they do to clear the room
    of old energy flower
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by LightChild Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:53 am

Yay... very nice questions Bridget!!! I am very intersted in knowing the answers especially in clearing the space as I am Reiki I yet. Thank you in advance for the answers everyone!!! flower
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 am

LightChild wrote:Yay... very nice questions Bridget!!! I am very intersted in knowing the answers especially in clearing the space as I am Reiki I yet. Thank you in advance for the answers everyone!!! flower

I was wondering what RMT's teach about
    preparing a space. I thought with the
    diverse membership here at RLL that folks
    might share their unique styles. It could
    be something that they have developed or
    a suggestion from their RMT or another Reiki
    practitioner. sunny
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 pm

OK, since this topic is a bit slow getting off the ground - here is what I do (or don't do!) Smile

I have never been taught that one has to clear the room for a Reiki session - in Gendai, Komyo, Jikiden or my (much abridged) Usui Shiki Ryoho first Reiki style!

I often draw the symbols (CKR in each corner ceiling and floor and finish with a large DKM in the centre) but I do this to try and generate some Reiki in the room rather than to clear away old energy. I don't really seem to have any problems with energy coming off people into the room and staying there - Reiki seems to transmute it in real time and the room usually feels wonderful afterwards. My family, who do not practice Reiki, often comment on it!

If I have not used the room for a while them I'll open the window and let in some fresh air (and ki!) to get things moving again. Then I will create what I suppose is called by many as a "healing space". I often burn a joss stick before anyone arrive so only the smell is around (not the smoke), I will play relaxing music very quietly in the background and then draw the symbols as described above.

For Reiki 1 students who don't know the symbols then if they feel there is some old energy around I would suggest opening the window and door, clapping in the corners to disperse stagnant energy (or using a little bell, singing bowl or tingsha cymbals). But this is a general way to clear a room not specifically a Reiki technique. I know that many people, especially our American cousins, love to burn sage to clear the room, so that is another option.

I also know that some people use very elaborate rituals before they start a Reiki session but in my 12 years of experience I haven't really felt any need to do more than the above.

Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:17 pm

chi_solas wrote:Before a Reiki session/treatment,
    how do you prepare your Reiki area
    before your client comes? sunny

prob make sure it's clean & tidy, and wont be disturbed.

Colin, is those things you listed Jikiden, hehe, Twisted Evil . ya know i'm joking! Smile
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by LightChild Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Thank you for the answers Colin :-)
    Some of this you told me before and how you prepare your room for a reiki session.
    I am interested in clearing the space in general for reasons
    I told you the other day when we spoke affraid
    So I will use your sugestion for level I preactitioners untill I get my level II and can use the symbols.
    Thank you again flower
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:07 am

When a person does not have a
    Reiki room set up and they travel
    with a portable table to different
    places, how do they create a sacred
    space in someone else's environment.
    If sage or burning a candle is off
    limits? Ask a Reiki question 850837
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 am

.. by letting Reiki flow.

.. by placing my hands on someone.

.. by being as close to Reiki (Light, the energy of the highest consciousness, which an enlightened person emanates 24/7) as possible.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 am

there is much myth and sometimes supersitition around the concepts of possible negativity in anything you can possibly think of! While negativity/need of protection is itself a big debate in reiki circles, it is generally true that we are ourselves often found feeding the negativity through our thought and acceptance.

I've given reiki treatments to friends, family members and acquaintances in rom, in open sky, in hospital ward, on death bed, to people who are mentally challenged, to addict people, to people who had been believed 'seized' by bad spirits or demons, in places/roms that are claimed 'haunted'... And never i have felt the need to protect myself or to clear the space or to do something called 'preparations', except that the place is bit clean, and that fresh air is available

surrender to reiki feeling is perhaps more important than to surrender to the pseudo conditionalities of a 'suitable' environment, since reiki itself would create its environment on its own

Smile

take care
    salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:50 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:there is much myth and sometimes supersitition around the concepts of possible negativity in anything you can possibly think of! While negativity/need of protection is itself a big debate in reiki circles, it is generally true that we are ourselves often found feeding the negativity through our thought and acceptance.

I've given reiki treatments to friends, family members and acquaintances in rom, in open sky, in hospital ward, on death bed, to people who are mentally challenged, to addict people, to people who had been believed 'seized' by bad spirits or demons, in places/roms that are claimed 'haunted'... And never i have felt the need to protect myself or to clear the space or to do something called 'preparations', except that the place is bit clean, and that fresh air is available

surrender to reiki feeling is perhaps more important than to surrender to the pseudo conditionalities of a 'suitable' environment, since reiki itself would create its environment on its own

Smile

take care
    salman

Some folks have been taught to sweep the room
    before and after a treatments/session. I've meet
    folks who also sweep or rake themselves. If I'm
    not mistaken there is a Japenese technique Kenyoku
    (dry bathing)placing your right hand on your left
    shoulder and stroke down your chest, across your
    stomach and end at the right hip Repeat on the
    other side ending with a brief Gassho
    Ask a Reiki question 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:30 am

like Takata sensei mentioned, there's nothing she knows of that is stronger than Reiki, nothing can penetrate that. I never, ever, ever, need any of that protection stuff, and i never, ever have any negative effects. I learnt this approach primarily from sharon (shakti-rising). protection it already exists within Reiki. Getting rid of personal fears, and trusting completely in Reiki, will shift our perceptions, and create a much deeper Reiki expereince. Smile
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 am

So you just let Reiki flow.
    It is as 'simple' as that.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:45 am

it's not as simple as that unfortunately. Ever Reiki practitioner lets Reiki 'flow', as you put it. yet many stil use protection. i'd mentioned in another topic, it's easy to type to trust in Reiki, and we practitioners assume we're already doing that. if that really was the case, then we wouldn't need other modalities, or to 'beef' up any Reiki system, or use protection. or search for the next single source 'expert' who's made contact with invisible Japanese people.

warmest wiishes
    Wayne
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 am

You are right. I used single quotation marks with the word simple for a reason. Here in the Netherlands using these quotation marks means "but not entirely/really". So if I say: it is as 'simple' as that, I mean: it is simple, yet at the same time it is not.

I thought this use of quotation marks also existed in English..
    (I could have been wrong of course..)

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:58 am

it exists, of course, Smile.

The forum being an open discussion platform, one of the staff's roles is to continually create posts that will in turn create further dicussion. Hence my input.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 am