Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Milarepa
Colin
chi_solas
catsquotl
8 posters

Where does Reiki flow

catsquotl

Where does Reiki flow Empty Where does Reiki flow

Post by catsquotl Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:20 am

Hi,

When i first learned Reiki I was thought Reiki does not flow in the meridians.
    I am learning chinese medicine since last year...

I do get the feeling Reiki uses the meridian system to connect with and flow through the body of both practitioner and reciever..

Any thoughts?
    With Love
    Eelco
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Where does Reiki flow Empty Re: Where does Reiki flow

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:50 am

catsquotl wrote:Hi,

I do get the feeling Reiki uses the meridian system to connect with and flow through the body of both practitioner and reciever..

Any thoughts?
    With Love
    Eelco

Hmm never thought about that before scratch

It appears to me from a metaphysical
    point of view that the mind sends
    energy through the nervous system.bounce

The body is a complex machine and
    thoughts are energy that IMO runs
    the back bone connecting to all vital
    organs within the body's pipeline of
    veins. study

I look forward to hearing opinions
    from other RLL practitioners Where does Reiki flow 158903
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:43 am

Any thoughts?
    With Love
    Eelco

Hi Eelco

My understanding is that it is chi(qi) or ki that flows through the meridians and that Reiki is a higher level spiritual emanation, initially from the practitioner but which stimulates an emanation of Reiki in the client, that can interact with the ki to bring balance and harmony to the body mind and spirit.

Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 am

adding to what colin has said, we see that everything in this existence has a linear way of travel, it doesn't mean Reiki needs to have. though, if we expect that way, it will appear to us that way.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Folks,

If the meridians are designed to be a conduit for energy, then it would seem plausible that any energy might choose this path. I would assume that Reiki would be no different,that is,..IF..the meridian pathway suits the intentions of the Reiki energy itself.

I suppose I`m saying that just because Reiki does not have to rely on the meridians, does not mean that it will not utilize them.

i have pondered this one in the past myself. Very Happy

Jim
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:59 pm

very interesting question Eelco Smile

i would say things as Colin has... prima facie, reiki is not as 'physical' as ki but it does not rule out the possibility that ki is a sub–set of a more broader thing called Reiki....

agreed with Jim when he said that that if reiki needs not relying on meridians, it does not mean it will never use 'em.

i cannot provide any evidence on this, but i have a perception that as soon as we start a reiki session, many things start happening, and movement of 'something' within meridians is one of the manifestation, but it is not, and equally should not, be equated that the things moving within meridians is essentially reiki...

good question, again Smile

take care

salman
    catsquotl

Post by catsquotl Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:18 am

Hi,

Thanks for the responses..
    It does make me wonder what you all think reiki is...

In my mind, and from my limited understanding of Chinese medicine to date (am improving this rapidly) Chi or Ki is everything in denser or lighter form. It can be thick and sticky like rice. or gentle and light as the summer breeze..

Thinking about it this way our body(the flesh) is dense Ki and the Ki flowing in the meridians is usually lighter and energy like.

In the meridians next to Ki flows blood.SO in chinese thinking meridians are more than just the ley-lines that transport energy, they also transport blood and other essential substances.

The nicest translation of chi i have come across is that chi means basic-stuff. the basic stuff that builds life...

In my mind Reiki would be the basic stuff that has healing properties.
    As the meridians feed and energize the entire human body through Qi and blood made from food and the air we breath.

What makes Reiki so special is that it can take on any healing shape that is necessary. In medicine there are different herbs used for different syndromes. or different meridians and acupuncture points needled or massaged to get the desired effect. Reiki flows and takes on the form/modality/signature of that which is needed for the body to heal.
    Isn't that amazing I love you

Anyway As our bodies are designed to function in a particular way. i think Reiki uses that way to utilize itself. thus using the meridians and organ systems the way the chinese described..

Also i think Usui Sensei must have had some understanding of chinese medicine as it also was the way the japanese healed. Kiko is described as the japanese version of chi-kung, which is the conscious manipulation of breath into the organ-systems and tripple heater along the meridian lines. I understand Usui-Sensei did study Kiko.

Anyway excuse my rambling and have a wonderful day.
    With Love
    Eelco
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 am

Hi Eelco,
    What if to understand Reiki we didn't split the word into two words 'Rei' & 'ki'? Instead we looked at what the one word 'Reiki' means?

KI-WORDS
    A different perspective on the word 'Reiki'
    Copyright © 2009 James Deacon

Many people still incorrectly state that 'Reiki' translates as 'universal energy' - and it must be said that the other common translation: 'Spiritual energy', while perhaps moving far more in the right direction is, it seems, still not quite correct...

In writing the single word 'Reiki' we use the two kanji which in isolation represent two separate words: Rei, and Ki respectively - though Reiki is not 'Rei Ki'...

There are many words in Japanese that may be described as ‘ki-words’ - compound-words formed by adding the kanji for ‘ki’ [1] to the kanji for another word.

Unfortunately, if we attempt to understand such compound-words by simply translating and combining the meanings of the two individual original words, this will not necessarily give us an accurate translation of the compound-word itself.

“The meaning of the whole is greater than (& often quite different to) the meaning of the parts”

As a loose, general guide, the meaning of a word written with a specific kanji-pair is ultimately (if often indirectly) based on / derived from, a synthesis of the meanings of the individual kanji making up that pair.

For example, if we take the single word tenki :

As a stand-alone, the individual word ten signifies heaven, or sky. The word ki is of course most commonly translated as spirit, energy (or feeling).

So, if in an attempt to arrive at the meaning of the single word tenki, we simply combine the meanings of the two other words ten and ki, we would end up with something like :
    “Heavenly Spirit”?
    or maybe
    “Heaven Energy” (as opposed to Earth Energy)?

In fact, tenki simply means: Weather.

Let us now look at several other “ki-words”

As is the case with 'tenki' (and also 'Reiki'), it is important to remember that each of the following, although written using two kanji, are in fact single, complete words in their own right.

Kekki ['blood ki' ] actually means: vigour, ardour

Denki ['dragon ki'] means: electricity

Konki ['root ki'] means: perseverance, patience

Heiki ['flat (or even) ki' ] means: calmness (also indifference)

Gen ki ['foundation ki'] means: ones health - being in good spirits

Ninki ['person ki'] means: popularity

Yoki ['positive ki', ('Yang' ki)] means: liveliness - cheerful, jolly

Inki ['negative ki', ('Yin' ki) ] means: gloomy, melancholy

Kuki ['sky ki'] means: air

Reiki [2] '[cold ki'] means: cold air

And in some ki words, the ki kanji does not actually add anything to the meaning of the other kanji - it simply speaks to the dynamic aspect of the whole word

Jōki ['steam ki'] means: steam or vapour

Yuki ['brave ki'] means: courage, bravery

Byōki ['illness ki'] means: illness, disease, sickness

Jiki ['magnet (also porcelain) ki' ] means: magnetism

And so it is that, just as in the examples given above, simply combining the literal meanings of the two individual words whose kanji are paired to form the separate individual word 'Reiki’, will not really give us a truly accurate understanding of the single word 'Reiki' itself.

Ongoing research would suggest that Reiki - as the term is used in the name Usui Reiki Ryoho - more immediately translates simply as ‘spirit’ or 'spiritual'; thus Usui Reiki Ryoho translates most clearly as: Usui's spiritual healing-method

Now while it would be perhaps somewhat incorrect to deny that, at least on a very simplistic level, the single word Reiki still carries with it a sense of 'spiritual energy', it can, amongst other things, also be understood to mean:

'spiritual essence'
    'spiritual feeling'
    'spiritual intent'
    'spiritual influence'
    'spiritual emanation'

also:
    'soul power'
    'soul force'

and, quite importantly, I feel:

'Aura' (i.e. the emanation of spirit around the body) [3]

As the term Reiki is used in the name Usui Reiki Ryoho, there is not necessarily any direct reference to ‘energy’
    - in this context, the ki part of the compound would simply seem to speak to the dynamic - the effect of spirit in action.

[2] Not the same 'Rei' kanji as in our 'Reiki'

[3] Thus, 'Usui Reiki Ryoho' can also have the connotation: 'Usui Aura-healing Method'

Source: http://www.aetw.org/reiki_ki_words.html

It might be suggested that 'Reiki' is alluding to an experience.

Reiki is primarily an auric experience, that of course is experienced physically also. This is why others can experience it without being touched. If we began to see 'Reiki' as meaning an experience of a spiritual nature, how neccessary would it be for the experience to have the need to 'move'. Could something that is mysterious (spiritual) to us, not be bound by linear physics? We have to try to explain things by our own understanding, and we form our understanding by the reality we experience. However, just like the world wasn't really flat 500 years ago...

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 am

Milarepa wrote:

Reiki is primarily an auric experience, that of course is experienced physically also. This is why others can experience it without being touched. If we began to see 'Reiki' as meaning an experience of a spiritual nature, how neccessary would it be for the experience to have the need to 'move'. Could something that is mysterious (spiritual) to us, not be bound by linear physics? We have to try to explain things by our own understanding, and we form our understanding by the reality we experience. However, just like the world wasn't really flat 500 years ago...

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Er..what he said! Laughing

One of the most fitting definitions I have heard of Reiki is "Atmosphere of the Divine".

Reiki does not behave like an (electromagnetic) energy although it obviously influences energy structures.

For something to move there has to something for it to move in - what if Reiki was that "something" that everything (including our consciousness) moves in?

Or, are we making too much of Reiki? Is it really just one the many frequencies of Universal Life Force Energy that are advertised all over the internet - and a rather low (i.e. less potent) frequency, according to many websites?

Question

Basketball
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 am

Colin wrote:

Or, are we making too much of Reiki? Is it really just one the many frequencies of Universal Life Force Energy that are advertised all over the internet - and a rather low (i.e. less potent) frequency, according to many websites?

Colin, do you feel if we 'simplify' Reiki, or try to describe (and by that experience) it completely, that it helps, or possibly, hinders, the expereince of Reiki?

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:06 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Colin wrote:

Colin, do you feel if we 'simplify' Reiki, or try to describe (and by that experience) it completely, that it helps, or possibly, hinders, the expereince of Reiki?

Interesting point, Wayne! Smile

I think that it can both help and hinder, depending on where you are coming from!

If we simplify our Reiki practice then we only have Reiki to focus on - no need for noting ki flows in meridians or chakra spin or what our guides are telling us. This de-cluttering allows us to experience Reiki more fully - as an experience rather than as an energy.

On the other hand if we make it so simple then some people will say "OK this is simple or basic - there must be more to it than that, let's find ways to enhance this experience". Before you know it, it's complicated and cluttered again and people get worried as to whether they are fluffing the aura in the right direction or having sleepless nights because they can't remember if they shut down their chakras properly at the end of their last session!

The only real way to experience Reiki is to try and experience Reiki - just Reiki!

All the other stuff (or much of it) has its place and can be helpful in trying to fix people but it is Reiki plus other stuff - not Reiki. In Reiki we don't really need any tools other than the Reiki symbols (contentious point in some circles maybe!) and the ability to place our hands on areas we sense are in need of balance (in-person or remotely). Having said that maybe we don't really even need those things as Reiki will arise when it is needed and balance what needs to be balanced, maybe all we need is the presence of a Reiki-aware person to begin the process and our hand placements and/or symbols are just ways of localising the Reiki effect?

Just waffling out loud now - I'm off to bed! Smile
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Colin wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    Colin wrote:

Interesting point, Wayne! Smile

I think that it can both help and hinder, depending on where you are coming from!

If we simplify our Reiki practice then we only have Reiki to focus on - no need for noting ki flows in meridians or chakra spin or what our guides are telling us. This de-cluttering allows us to experience Reiki more fully - as an experience rather than as an energy.

On the other hand if we make it so simple then some people will say "OK this is simple or basic - there must be more to it than that, let's find ways to enhance this experience". Before you know it, it's complicated and cluttered again and people get worried as to whether they are fluffing the aura in the right direction or having sleepless nights because they can't remember if they shut down their chakras properly at the end of their last session!

The only real way to experience Reiki is to try and experience Reiki - just Reiki!

All the other stuff (or much of it) has its place and can be helpful in trying to fix people but it is Reiki plus other stuff - not Reiki. In Reiki we don't really need any tools other than the Reiki symbols (contentious point in some circles maybe!) and the ability to place our hands on areas we sense are in need of balance (in-person or remotely). Having said that maybe we don't really even need those things as Reiki will arise when it is needed and balance what needs to be balanced, maybe all we need is the presence of a Reiki-aware person to begin the process and our hand placements and/or symbols are just ways of localising the Reiki effect?

Just waffling out loud now - I'm off to bed! Smile

...nice waffling Colin... Very Happy

...I mean excellent post

Jim
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:37 am

Here's an excerpt from one of
    Donna Eden's writings. In some
    of her writings, she has refered
    to meridians as an energy trans-
    portation system and the chakra's
    as energy stations. bounce Where does Reiki flow 850837 bounce

1) The Meridians: In the way an artery carries blood, a meridian carries energy. As the body's energy bloodstream, the meridian system brings vitality and balance, removes blockages, adjusts metabolism, and even determines the speed and form of cellular change. The flow of the meridian energy pathways is as critical as the flow of blood. No energy, no life. Meridians affect every organ and every physiological system, including the immune, nervous, endocrine, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, skeletal, muscular, and lymphatic systems. Each system is fed by at least one meridian. If a meridian's energy is obstructed or unregulated, the system it feeds is jeopardized. The meridians include fourteen tangible channels that carry energy into, through, and out of your body. Your meridian pathways also connect hundreds of tiny, distinct reservoirs of heat and electromagnetic energy along the surface of the skin. These are your acupuncture points, and they can be stimulated with needles or physical pressure to release or redistribute energy along the meridian pathway.

2) The Chakras: The word chakra translates from the Sanskrit as disk, vortex, or wheel. The chakras are concentrated centers of energy. Each major chakra in the human body is a center of swirling energy positioned at one of seven points, from the base of your spine to the top of your head. Where the meridians deliver their energy to the organs, the chakras bathe the organs in their energies. Each chakra supplies energy to specific organs, corresponds to a distinct aspect of your personality, and resonates (respectively, from the bottom to the top chakra) with one of seven universal principles having to do with survival, creativity, identity, love, expression, comprehension, or transcendence. Your chakras also code your experiences in their energies, just as memories are chemically coded in your neurons. An imprint of every emotionally significant event you have experienced is believed to be recorded in your chakra energies. A sensitive practitioner's hand held over a chakra may resonate with pain in a related organ, congestion in a lymph node, subtle abnormalities in heat or pulsing, areas of emotional turmoil, or even tune into a stored memory that might be addressed as part of the healing process.
    catsquotl

Post by catsquotl Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi,

Interesting points of view.
    Thanks for the James Deacon article. Until now i never considered Reiki without the word Ki.
    In Aikido we used the word rei with a meaning of respect. So I have translated Reiki as respectful KI. I realize now that the kanji used is probably different. What a funny conversation this is.. I would have expected the discussion to move into an exploratory direction with views of where and how Reiki flowed..

Instead the overall feel seems to be. We can't know So don't bother asking. For various reasons perhaps. Still no matter how beautiful, amazing, gentle, loving this reiki energy it is..I feel it does follow some basic rules in how it reacts, flows and does its healing work..
    Now not to change the system, but i'd like to find out.

With Love
    Eelco
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Interesting points of view.
    Thanks for the James Deacon article. Until now i never considered Reiki without the word Ki.
    In Aikido we used the word rei with a meaning of respect. So I have translated Reiki as respectful KI. I realize now that the kanji used is probably different. What a funny conversation this is.. I would have expected the discussion to move into an exploratory direction with views of where and how Reiki flowed..

Instead the overall feel seems to be. We can't know So don't bother asking. For various reasons perhaps. Still no matter how beautiful, amazing, gentle, loving this reiki energy it is..I feel it does follow some basic rules in how it reacts, flows and does its healing work..
    Now not to change the system, but i'd like to find out.

With Love
    Eelco

Thanks Eelco for prodding us
    along to find the answer to
    "where does Reiki flow". sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:55 pm

catsquotl wrote:

Instead the overall feel seems to be. We can't know So don't bother asking.

we're not like that here Eeleco, Smile . RLL is all about discovery. Both myself & Andy have debated long on here about where Reiki flows. I feel it flows nowhere. I'm kinda busy with other things lately, so havn't been on here as much, which is why i havn't got into this topic.

Push the boundaries as much as you want on here, that kind of way of being is most welcome.

wamrest wishes
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    catsquotl wrote:

we're not like that here Eeleco, Smile . RLL is all about discovery. Both myself & Andy have debated long on here about where Reiki flows. I feel it flows nowhere. I'm kinda busy with other things lately, so havn't been on here as much, which is why i havn't got into this topic.

Push the boundaries as much as you want on here, that kind of way of being is most welcome.

wamrest wishes
    Wayne

Hi Eeleco

Please don't feel that just because Wayne and I (and some others) have certain views about Reiki that we think that our view is the correct one! Smile

It is always good to ask questions and share our individual understanding. Sometimes, reading what someone has shared can generate an "Aha!" moment that changes how you may have perceived something - even if you have held that perception for a long time! Or it may just re-enforce your own perception.

I was just thinking about the weather and watching the trees blowing in the wind and my thoughts turned to Reiki (as they often do! Laughing ).

As was mentioned previously, it could be that the whole word 'Reiki' is meant to describe a phenomenon, not split into 'Rei' and 'Ki' ('Spiritual/Mysterious' and "(Life Force) Energy') i.e. spiritual energy.

Here's where the weather comes in: the Japanese for weather is 'tenki' and if we split this word into two we get 'ten' (Heaven) and 'ki' (energy) - heavenly energy -but it is a single word 'tenki' that describes the phenomenon of 'weather'.

Weather is a phenomenon that you can't measure, rather like Reiki!

Yes, we can measure the effects of the weather, such as amount of rain fall, temperatures, wind speed etc. but we can't actually measure weather itself, we can only perceive and measure it's effects.

When you feel the wind on your face what you are actually feeling is the stream of air molecules crashing into your face. This stream of molecules is not the wind it is an effect of the wind. The phenomenon of wind initiated the movement of the air molecules and windspeed is really a measure how fast that stream of air molecules is travelling.

Similarly, with Reiki, I think that what some people perceive as Reiki, e.g. warm/tingling hands, the flow of Ki in meridians or energy in chakras etc., is actually an effect of Reiki, rather than Reiki itself. The phenomenon of Reiki initiates the flow of Ki, Universal Life Force Energy, the spinning of the chakras etc. We can't measure Reiki but we may be able to perceive and measure its effects.

As I have said before: "Ki flows, Reiki glows!" Smile

But this is just how I think about what Reiki is and what feels right to me may not feel right for others. We live in a world of Perception not a world of Actuality.

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:45 am

Milarepa wrote:
    catsquotl wrote:

wamrest wishes
    Wayne

Discovery is the key word.
    There is no one way, we each
    experience the Reiki energy
    according to our physical,
    emotional, and spiritual needs Where does Reiki flow 850837
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:35 am

[quote="Colin"]
    Milarepa wrote:
    catsquotl wrote:

wamrest wishes
    Wayne

Hi Eeleco

Please don't feel that just because Wayne and I (and some others) have certain views about Reiki that we think that our view is the correct one! Smile

Your right Colin our opinions are
    just our opinions. We may share
    similiar experiences as we journey
    the Reiki path. Feed back from our
    clients build on our opinions. No
    two clients have the same experience.Basketball

It is always good to ask questions and share our individual understanding. Sometimes, reading what someone has shared can generate an "Aha!" moment that changes how you may have perceived something - even if you have held that perception for a long time! Or it may just re-enforce your own perception.

I have had those "Aha" moments. They
    can pop up at the most un-expected
    times. Where does Reiki flow 158903

I was just thinking about the weather and watching the trees blowing in the wind and my thoughts turned to Reiki (as they often do! Laughing ).

As was mentioned previously, it could be that the whole word 'Reiki' is meant to describe a phenomenon, not split into 'Rei' and 'Ki' ('Spiritual/Mysterious' and "(Life Force) Energy') i.e. spiritual energy.

Here's where the weather comes in: the Japanese for weather is 'tenki' and if we split this word into two we get 'ten' (Heaven) and 'ki' (energy) - heavenly energy -but it is a single word 'tenki' that describes the phenomenon of 'weather'.

Weather is a phenomenon that you can't measure, rather like Reiki!

excellent point. I have used nature
    to explain Reiki energy. Living here
    in New England we have the 4 seasons.
    A life cycle where you can see clearly
    how the energy of life works and spring
    is the re-birth sunny

Yes, we can measure the effects of the weather, such as amount of rain fall, temperatures, wind speed etc. but we can't actually measure weather itself, we can only perceive and measure it's effects.

When you feel the wind on your face what you are actually feeling is the stream of air molecules crashing into your face. This stream of molecules is not the wind it is an effect of the wind. The phenomenon of wind initiated the movement of the air molecules and windspeed is really a measure how fast that stream of air molecules is travelling.

Similarly, with Reiki, I think that what some people perceive as Reiki, e.g. warm/tingling hands, the flow of Ki in meridians or energy in chakras etc., is actually an effect of Reiki, rather than Reiki itself. The phenomenon of Reiki initiates the flow of Ki, Universal Life Force Energy, the spinning of the chakras etc. We can't measure Reiki but we may be able to perceive and measure its effects.

As I have said before: "Ki flows, Reiki glows!" Smile

Reiki is about moving blocked energy
    IMO every twitch,tingling,itch ect;
    that happens during a Reiki session
    is energy moving. Some folks need to
    know how is the energy traveling. IMO
    the body operates as a whole and the
    breath starts the domino affect. Take
    away the breath and nothing is going
    to happen. The mind moves the energy
    to the different parts of the body.
    The path traveled depends on who you
    speak to and what energy medicine they
    practice. scratch study

But this is just how I think about what Reiki is and what feels right to me may not feel right for others. We live in a world of Perception not a world of Actuality.

Maybe we have 3 energy paths to follow
    not just one. Mind,Body,Soul

bounce cheers Where does Reiki flow 850837
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:41 am

If Reiki is all the above, what then is healing?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:00 am

Buck wrote:If Reiki is all the above, what then is healing?

IMO: Healing is a dynamic process of moving towards a state of balance, harmony and wholeness. Using Reiki is one way (but not the only way) that healing can be enhanced.

Smile
    catsquotl

Post by catsquotl Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 am

I like that one...
    hmm for healing to occur we should define health first...

Health:
    Having the energy to make your dreams come true..

So healing is any modality which balances,harmonizes and ad's energy in such a way you feel whole, without leakage and in such a way you feel empowered enough to take the necessary steps to pursue what you dream of.

Something like that
    with love
    Eelco
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 pm

reading above, a question rises to me that whether we want to experience reiki in order to know it, or to know reiki in order that we experience it better afterwards ??

scratch

take care
    salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:07 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:reading above, a question rises to me that whether we want to experience reiki in order to know it, or to know reiki in order that we experience it better afterwards ??

scratch

take care
    salman

Hi Salman!

I think that first, we need to know about the existence of Reiki - this is through (originally) Mikao Usui and the experience of others.

Then we need to experience Reiki ourselves, through following the techniques Mikao Usui and his students and our Reiki teachers taught.

Then we need to keep practicing so that we can enhance our experience of Reiki and be able to pass on our experience to others, if that is what we wish.

Smile
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm

yes indeed Colin Smile

this is how we are logically supposed to proceed, but do we Smile ??

take care

thanks

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:45 pm