Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Classes, Levels and Testing

Poll

Do you test your students?

[ 0 ]
    Classes, Levels and Testing Bar_left0%Classes, Levels and Testing Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Classes, Levels and Testing Bar_left0%Classes, Levels and Testing Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    Poll closed
    Violet Rose Reiki
    Violet Rose Reiki

Classes, Levels and Testing Empty Classes, Levels and Testing

Post by Violet Rose Reiki Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Because I am not in the practice of just handing out certificates or certification to accommodate someone's desire or Ego and pass students from one level to the next haphazardly without careful consideration, I have devised tests for each level which each student is given. I have found this to be very informative and extremely helpful for both myself as a teacher and for my students.

There are very many Reiki Master Teachers who will just give out certification papers i.e., certificates to anyone who pays them for the class. This practice is creating reiki masters as well as reiki master teachers who know less that some qualified level II practitioners. These so called "master teachers" then go on to "teach" others creating further disasters. I have met dozens of reiki masters who do not even know what Gassho is. This is truly, truly sad.

I feel that to be responsible, ethical teachers we must then TEACH and make sure the student did, in fact, learn. To do less is to do a disservice to both reiki and its founder and those master teachers who have come before us and shows disrespect for all.

Just my humble opinion.

I welcome your thoughts on this.

Love, light & healing,
    Rose
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Classes, Levels and Testing Empty Re: Classes, Levels and Testing

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Testing can be deceiving, one needs to do field work.
    I know many who test well but they do not know how to
    implement the content of a test or even remember the
    answers after they have passed a test. Neutral
    Violet Rose Reiki
    Violet Rose Reiki

Post by Violet Rose Reiki Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Oh, just to be clear, I do not test in place of field work. Field work is also required and much of it. Even at master level one much continuously practice, practice, practice.

Namaste
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Good topic! Usui sensei also seemed to have certain criteria that one would have to meet, before they would learn the 'mystery' teachings.

take care
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:40 pm