Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
chi_solas
Rlei_ki
6 posters

THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho...

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... Empty THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho...

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:22 am

So many different people have so many different beliefs as to what THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho entailed.

Most of us are probably aware of the seemingly endless array of spiritual / self-developmental practices, energy-sensing techniques, breathing and visualisation exercises, treatment methods, etc, etc. which, according to this or that supposedly authoritative source, were vital elements of THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho

However, I would offer another perception (and yes, it does rather depend on which version of the “Story of Reiki” you accept Smile ).

Can we perhaps say that the REAL Original Usui Reiki Ryoho involved:

No Certificates

No Levels of training

No “Treatment Guidelines”

No Reiki Principles

No Hatsurei ho

No Joshin Kokyu ho

No Byosen Reikan ho

No Reiji ho

No Nentatsu ho

No Hand Positions

No Reiju

No Kotodama

No Symbols

No Jumon

etc...

That rather, it simply involved an emaciated, dishevelled, hungry man, sitting on the ground on the slope of a mountain
    his body perhaps rocking slightly to and fro
    his hands - radiant with the newly awakened gift of 'Reiki' - cupped instinctively around an injured toe
    his mind owning and breathing through the pain
    until the blood stopped flowing
    and the wound, almost miraculously, began to heal...

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... Empty Re: THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho...

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:So many different people have so many different beliefs as to what THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho entailed.

Most of us are probably aware of the seemingly endless array of spiritual / self-developmental practices, energy-sensing techniques, breathing and visualisation exercises, treatment methods, etc, etc. which, according to this or that supposedly authoritative source, were vital elements of THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho

However, I would offer another perception (and yes, it does rather depend on which version of the “Story of Reiki” you accept Smile ).

Can we perhaps say that the REAL Original Usui Reiki Ryoho involved:

No Certificates

No Levels of training

No “Treatment Guidelines”

No Reiki Principles

No Hatsurei ho

No Joshin Kokyu ho

No Byosen Reikan ho

No Reiji ho

No Nentatsu ho

No Hand Positions

No Reiju

No Kotodama

No Symbols

No Jumon

etc...

That rather, it simply involved an emaciated, dishevelled, hungry man, sitting on the ground on the slope of a mountain
    his hands - radiant with the newly awakened gift of 'Reiki' - cupped instinctively around an injured toe

It makes sense to me bounce The injury,the healing,&
    then the explaination of what happened. It seems simple
    who'd believe it. Yet self healing can be over looked.
    I recall my scraped knee or other cuts/bruises that
    healed themselves. Our hands naturally go to sooth the
    injury or pain. Reiki practitioners at Teacher level, train
    others to be aware of their innate abilities THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... 158903 sunny bounce flower

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Ok James. So one should get rid of all the 'noise'?

Well have you any techniques to enable me to do that? Maybe a manual? Where do i start! surely my Reiki practice will be 'weak'!

affraid
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:20 am

haha, empty your cup! "be water my friend"
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 am

Milarepa wrote:Ok James. So one should get rid of all the 'noise'?

Well have you any techniques to enable me to do that? Maybe a manual? Where do i start!

Well,

funny you should ask...

but I've just been contemplating setting up a new website to address this very issue.
    [site to be hosted on the same server as J.K. Rowling's new Pottermore website http://www.pottermore.com/ ]

Via this new site (no, not the pottermore one), I will be running a whole series of online multimedia training seminars
    [book early - buy one, get one free(ish). All digital materials available in English, Croatian, Dutch, oh, and Klingon]

However, if I might recommend one seminar in particular, which will perhaps be useful to help you get started on your journey towards being rid of the 'noise' as you put it, then I would suggest the:

"47 newly discovered original Usui techniques* for getting rid of other superfluous Reiki techniques"

However, this course will only be available to Reiki masters well-versed in the use of at least one of the following four modern Reiki symbols:

THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... Four-s10

_______

* Well, I say original Usui techniques, what I actually mean is I found them in some old Japanese books from the Meiji / Taisho era - books with no direct connection to either Usui-sensei or Reiki Ryoho - but hey, who's to say Usui-sensei didn't use them? And even if he didn't, I'm sure he would have if he'd known about them...
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am

lol! THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... 564490
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:53 am

Wayne, Thunder storms are filled with noise that give out lots of Energy THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... 158903

good advise lovsouljah;
    empty your cup! "be water my friend"
    Razz

James, some folks prefer cash over credit cards THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... 850837

THE Original Usui Reiki Ryoho... Four-s10

ethnadlk
    ethnadlk

Post by ethnadlk Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Interesting topic.
    I cant imagine doing a Reiki treatment without scanning though. I was taught Tera Mai hand positions originally but pretty much immediately began byosen type scanning although I didnt know that at the time. I stopped using hand positions and although I share them with my students now days I show them how to scan on day one of level one.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 pm

ethnadlk wrote:Interesting topic.
    I cant imagine doing a Reiki treatment without scanning though...

However, in cases like the famous "toe-stubbing incident", scanning may be seen to be somewhat unnecessary.

I cant help feeling that other little clues
    - such as the intense pain, ripped toenail, and gushing blood, are all the indicators one would need in locating the source of the problem, and in deciding on a suitable treatment-point

Laughing
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:06 am

If Reiki goes to where it's
    needed why scan?. bounce
    ethnadlk
    ethnadlk

Post by ethnadlk Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:56 am

Leaving aside the fact that it would be so boring to Reiki one point of the body for an hour and let the energy do its own thing, the person getting the treatments get such a lot out of moving around. I give and ask for feedback regarding treatments and know people love to feel their chakras being cleared out and I clear the energy meridians in the limbs normally too.
    I'm just a very nosey person I suppose, I can feel different types of energy. IBS has one feel, infections etc feel different too, and I've worked a lot with cancer patients and people with MS, these illnesses have a feel of their own.
    IMO when you know what is happening in a treatment you can work with the energy more effectively
    MattiT
    MattiT

Post by MattiT Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:55 am

Rlei_ki wrote:That rather, it simply involved an emaciated, dishevelled, hungry man, sitting on the ground on the slope of a mountain

Something like that, yes. But that reminds me of another question I've wondered:
    Why is is that people think that the "original," or the first version of reiki should be better than the later teachings of Usui-Sensei?

I understand the point when "original" is used to mean Usui's teachings as opposed to many later additions, but why would Usui himself have changed the system if not in order to improve it? And shouldn't he have known when a change actually is an improvement?

(And yes, we don't know for sure what Usui's last version or first version was, but that's been and will be discussed in many other threads..)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:12 am

excellant point matti, one which james has brought up also. any 'improvments' Usui sensei made, are, well, improvmenets. hehe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:49 am