Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

distance attunement

babycakes
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

distance attunement Empty distance attunement

Post by babycakes Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi everyone,
    i am new here and thought id say hi.
    All my attunements were done via distance, and i was wondering if they qualify as real?
    I have used it before, and had people say that it makes them feel 'clean', and 'like warm honey is poured over them'.
    I have used it on myself and usually have visions while i use it. The palms of my hands go warm when i get to certain places, and go cold after a certain time.
    is this valid as reiki?
    I used a reiki symbol on a part of my body once, and a very memorable experience followed.
    Prior to this i havent used any symbols in any of my reiki before.
    I have been since focusing on the symbols because i found this seems to have some kind of power in it aswell as the energy.
    How do the symbols work?
    Bright blessings,
    babycakes. cat
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

distance attunement Empty Re: distance attunement

Post by Colin Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:49 am

Hi babycakes Smile

Yes, distant Reiki attunements are possible but it is always advisable to attend an in person class if you are thinking about treating other people and/or teaching others so that a good relationship can develop between you and your teacher so that you can be properly supported in your Reiki path and development.

Also, distant attunement are not usually acceptable for membership of professional Reiki organisations or for obtaining insurance.

Areas where your hands feel warm or cold may indicate areas of imbalance (byosen) . You should stay longer on those areas.

The symbols have specific functions that should have been explained by your Reiki teacher. Smile

One to help focus the Reiki effect, one to help with mental / emotional issues and one to help absent healing.
    babycakes
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by babycakes Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 am

thankyou colin.
    my reiki master emailed me his ebook regarding everything and more. amazing mantras all about the subtle body, he is actually amazing. he gave me a certificate including his lineage.
    the biggest problem is on my part.
    i didnt take it seriously enough when it happened and eventually when i started my family, i stopped using reiki, except for minor things for myself, such as my tinnitus. etc, heart problems. when my son had swine flu i did reiki on him.
    i mainly stopped i think because my husband who was my boyfriend at the time kept telling me he feels nothing, and the pain is still there. each time i attempted to help him he told me its worthless, so this made me give up mostly on others. now i realise my husband doesnt believe in any spiritual or alternative things, and if its not real, why do i feel it and others even via distance through the p.c always fall alseep. any client i have, they pretty much all get so relaxed they fall alseep, or feel extremely out of it until i stop. even when i stop they are light headed. they are the ones that say they feel like there is warm honey or a clean air is around them. my son who is 7 actually doesnt like it because it makes him relax, and he is sooo active. always running around and extremely active. so when i place my hands on him, he actually says, "oh, i dont want to stop. i want to play.' lol.
    with him intuitively i felt one night when he had difficulty sleeping to use a loveheart shape as a symbol. so i did over his eyes, and explained all the reasons the body parts i was healing are important. ie: his eyes are special becaused they help him see all the beautiful colours, and his legs are important because the work hard so he can run and play. my daughter felt afraid one night so I felt compelled to draw a large eternity symbol over her entire body and to call upon archangel micheal. I understand the conecpt of archangel micheal, but the eternity symbol. I hardly ever use seichim in my healing. this was the only time i ever used it. So i know it is effective.
    unfortunately when i began to search for master martin lee again just to say hi and thankyou a few years ago, he has dissapeared. no where to be found. completely gone. his website everything. ot just me, many people are hoping to find him, as he is a very distinguished member of the reiki community in the u.k i think it was. he is a doctor, and martial arts master and healing master of many modalities. so the respect is there.
    he also gave everything for free to all his students, only charging a very small fee for his ebook and manual, including a certificate and lineage.
    anyway, thankyou for your advice,
    bright blessings.
    skyzthelimit16
    skyzthelimit16

Post by skyzthelimit16 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 am

Heya!
    Distance attunements are real. I have done both in - person and distance and they are both equally effective in my experience. Although I will encourage you to do an in-person class at least once.

About your husband, occasionally you will come across someone who is closed to Reiki. They just do not want to be open to the energy's existance for whatever reason. My own experience is reiki is effective and powerful, but only if the recipient is open to it. Skepticism is good, but because Reiki is intelligent energy it will not flow if someone doesn't want it. I sometimes get someone saying to me "I don't believe in this s***" , so I encourage them to be open and see what is different. I encourage their skeptcalness! And usually they come out after saying "that was wonderful"....But if someone refuses to acknowledge Reiki, then......Well, you have no responsibility to them or to defend yourself. You will never persuade them. Keep sticking with Reiki, if it didn't exist there wouldn't be millions of Reiki channels in the world. Hope this helps!
    Anata
    Anata

Post by Anata Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:43 am

Babycakes, I am an old-fasioned person and I prefer traditional attunements as sometimes the eyes, the body movements, the voice can tell more then thousands of virtual descriptions… I doubt that I ever ask somebody for any distant attunement. But my private opinion does not mean that there is something wrong with your initiations.
    I have not understood from your posts how long you have been practicing Reiki. Have you ever come to any Reiki sharing group? You can meet new people, can ask your questions, you can see different teachers. (But always remember that a Reiki teacher is a human being, not a deity.) It is much easier to answer your questions while talking alive…

You have mentioned how your kids were reacting to your treatment. My kids react the same way!!! My older daughter is 8 now. She allows me now to put my hands on her when she has fever and she even says that it helps her. But when she was younger all my attempts to treat her failed! She was crawling like a snake (even if she was sleeping), she started itching, scratching, she wanted to jump, to drink, to go to the loo.. Oh!!! The Web is full of lovely stories when kids fell asleep like little angels during the treatment and wake up absolutely healthy next morning.

I am afraid that somebody wanted to describe such experiences as mine and yours. Laughing

As to your husband… I would not force him to turn to spiritual practices. Accept him as he is. You can not change him but you can change yourself, you can change your attitude to him. Believe me, changing yourself you will be changing the world and the people around you.
    Please, remember 5 Reiki principles. It very important HOW you do your daily routings like cleaning, cooking, coping with your job and family and so on: with a grim face dreaming of something far and unreachable or being here and now with your eyes smiling… I know many people involved in esoteric stuff who are repeating “wise” words after their teachers but what they are doing in their lives seems to be terrible…

And coming back to the previous paragraph… I suspect (just suspect!!!) that your real problem might be a bit deeper and too private to be discussed in the forum.

There is a book which I really like: “Women who run with the wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. (Myths and stories of the Wild Woman Archetype.) My favorite story from the book is a story about a woman-skeleton. I think you won’t regret if you start reading.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:59 am

Anata wrote:Babycakes, I am an old-fasioned person and I prefer traditional attunements as sometimes the eyes, the body movements, the voice can tell more then thousands of virtual descriptions… I doubt that I ever ask somebody for any distant attunement. But my private opinion does not mean that there is something wrong with your initiations.
    I have not understood from your posts how long you have been practicing Reiki. Have you ever come to any Reiki sharing group? You can meet new people, can ask your questions, you can see different teachers. (But always remember that a Reiki teacher is a human being, not a deity.) It is much easier to answer your questions while talking alive…

You have mentioned how your kids were reacting to your treatment. My kids react the same way!!! My older daughter is 8 now. She allows me now to put my hands on her when she has fever and she even says that it helps her. But when she was younger all my attempts to treat her failed! She was crawling like a snake (even if she was sleeping), she started itching, scratching, she wanted to jump, to drink, to go to the loo.. Oh!!! The Web is full of lovely stories when kids fell asleep like little angels during the treatment and wake up absolutely healthy next morning.

I am afraid that somebody wanted to describe such experiences as mine and yours. Laughing

As to your husband… I would not force him to turn to spiritual practices. Accept him as he is. You can not change him but you can change yourself, you can change your attitude to him. Believe me, changing yourself you will be changing the world and the people around you.
    Please, remember 5 Reiki principles. It very important HOW you do your daily routings like cleaning, cooking, coping with your job and family and so on: with a grim face dreaming of something far and unreachable or being here and now with your eyes smiling… I know many people involved in esoteric stuff who are repeating “wise” words after their teachers but what they are doing in their lives seems to be terrible…

And coming back to the previous paragraph… I suspect (just suspect!!!) that your real problem might be a bit deeper and too private to be discussed in the forum.

There is a book which I really like: “Women who run with the wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. (Myths and stories of the Wild Woman Archetype.) My favorite story from the book is a story about a woman-skeleton. I think you won’t regret if you start reading.

You are so full of wisdom distance attunement 850837

Folks do like to quote sayings yet
    do not practice the words they speak.

Another good book is, difficult
    conversations. It touches on the third
    conversation we have with ourselves
    when conversing with others. flower bounce affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 4:00 am