Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Some of my favourite recording artists..

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Some of my favourite recording artists.. Empty Some of my favourite recording artists..

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:24 pm

One of my all time favourite recording artists, is Lisa Gerrard.

She's done title music, etc, for films such as 'The Insider' (Russell Crowe, Al Pacino), 'Gladiator' (Russell Crowe), and 'The Mist' (i forget the actors). HEr music is very haunting, it's one of the artists i listen to daily, and i highly recommend her!

Another is Gheorghe Zamfir. He has done music for films such as Kill Bill, and exceptionally, 'Picnic at Hanging Rock'. He is probably the best pan pipe player in the world, again, fantastic music to listen to.

For music that may make the hairs on the back of your neck stand, check out the third youtube video by Aalborg ambient soundtracks, 'The living Hills'.

If you check out any of the videos i've shown, please check out the first one..

Take care
    Wayne

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Some of my favourite recording artists.. Empty Re: Some of my favourite recording artists..

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 2:39 am

The first one IS very haunting.... ( how can you possibly listen to this kind often, won't that make you sad? )

...especially the boy holding a blue blanket!
    ( a part of me wanted to curl up & die..)

I loved the shots where the camera is moving in equal speed with the bicyclist and the bike... cool shots..

will check out others later,

My oldest is into film making and she will totally appreciate this video clip!
    sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Some of my favourite recording artists.. Empty Re: Some of my favourite recording artists..

Post by Milarepa Sat May 09, 2009 2:46 am

Yeah, watching the video is very sad. Although, the song was actually created for a Stephen King Film, 'The Mist', which incidentally, is also sad, someone has chose to include it in the video i've shown. Moving away from that, her music brings quite powerful emotions within me, not sad as such, though, the thing with her music i find, it actually adapts to your present mood. I guess that's why i'd even use it often in my personal spiritual practice.

I'd be real interested in your opinion of the Aalborg pice, at the end.

Take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 3:15 am

though, the thing with her music i find, it actually adapts to your present mood. I guess that's why i'd even use it often in my personal spiritual practice.

OMG, You serious??
    You use it for your spiritual practice??

I can see it adapting to one's current mood, minus the video..,
    it will be a hauntinglybeautiful angel music or something like that.. for those altered states..? Smile

Wayne, never ask me to be honest.. with you I always feel like blurting out!! Very Happy

OK, here goes,
    I was excited with the way it started, It is an inspiring , preparatory music ready to conquer things, made my blood pump 6x faster...
    I would use this to get started on spring cleaning my loft, Yes!!

...then the drum beats came, I was hoping it would transition into something else, but it didn't...
    ( a little disappointed)
    After 3 minutes, it became repetitive..

I would still go back to the first video clip music.. Music distorts the world for me...,
    hmmmm...first is still good! Very Happy

Actually Thanks for the sample!!
    I haven't been on this lane in a long time....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 09, 2009 3:24 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    though, the thing with her music i find, it actually adapts to your present mood. I guess that's why i'd even use it often in my personal spiritual practice.

OMG, You serious??
    You use it for your spiritual practice??

Yeah, hehe. A few of her songs, some from Hans Zimmer, some classical = Pachelbel, some other soundtrack music also. I use this kinda music all the time. In a house with 2 kids, and i do varied spiritual stuff throughout the day, i need to block out some activity usually, hehe.

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:[
    I can see it adapting to one's current mood, minus the video..,
    it will be a hauntinglybeautiful angel music or something like that.. for those altered states..? Smile

It's maybe a bit hard to put a finger on, i do find her music really spiritual. As far as i'm aware she's speaking no language in the songs though. Though yeah, i find the music a real useful aid, in fact, i tend to go for soundtrack music a lot. Ennio Morricone & 'Chi Mai' is another example. Gabriels Oboe is another good one.

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:[

I would still go back to the first video clip music.. Music distorts the world for me...,
    hmmmm...first is still good! Very Happy

There's some more cool music, erm, Prana by Baird Hershey. I downloaded his stuff from their site, but have now lost it, i'll go look for some of it on youtube..

check out samples.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Milarepa on Sat May 09, 2009 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 10:18 am

OK, I think I am officially hooked... bounce

I think I may need to explore more... Wink
    you know, the first one!!
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 10:23 am

OMG!!!

I just listened to the KillBill, DUDE , you have freaking good tastes in music!!!
    Laughing

May be we should start comparing notes or something!!
    That was some good stuff!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 09, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah, that's Georghe Zamfir, he's prop the best pan pipe player in the world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 11:28 am