Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Namaste and hello to all

ReikiDave
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Namaste and hello to all Empty Namaste and hello to all

Post by ReikiDave Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:29 am

Hello,
    My name is Dave and I am a practicing Reiki Master since 1995. I feel Reiki and energy work by any name has been my true vocation since that time. I also had a full time career and a business running concurrently, so practicing Reiki became easy to do as a service rather than a source of income. I've had many, many deep experiences with clients and continue to do so even today. I give presentations on Reiki for massage schools and other organizations.

Reiki work has led my life in very interesting directions, and if I hadn't gotten so involved with the work my life would likely have been much more boring and mundane, even if financially successful. Reiki has taken me way beyond my expectations and dreams into a life that seems absolutely magical... blessings abound. I constantly attribute the many blessings in my life (and there many) to doing the service work associated with the awareness and sharing of this energy.

Most recently, over the past six years, Reiki has led me to the discovery of a stonehenge type site in north america and I find myself delving into the energy of a culture rather than an individual. It's a project that once again has led to blessings beyond my wildest dreams. I've now become an avocational archaeologist. Reiki is amazing!

Dave
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Namaste and hello to all Empty Re: Namaste and hello to all

Post by LightBody Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Dave, welcome!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 am

warm welcome Dave!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Namaste and hello to all 85412 Dave

Thanks for your brief intro Reiki
    experience. Isn't it wonderful how
    the Reiki experience changes our
    outlook as balance & harmony enters
    our life's journey flower

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Dave

Welcome to the Lounge!
    cheers

Are you a Reiki archaeologist or do you mean you have discovered a Stonehenge-type site through your studies/reading? Smile
    ReikiDave
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by ReikiDave Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 am

Hi Colin,

At this time I suppose I'm a Reiki Archaeologist - in the sense that I'm working with the energy(ies) of a culture / people that have lived within and around or are attached to a particular site. Yet the discovery of the site started out though as a single Reiki treatment for an individual, whose mother happened to work for an agency selling land. So I guess both are accurate. I have to say that working with group energy, especially of those that cannot speak verbally, is very very different from the energy of a single individual. I struggle sometimes with the meanings and messages.

The journey has been not unlike the 1989 film Field of Dreams. The Reiki treatment happened, the client's mother invited me to look at land for sale to build a business, a completely different property listing called out to me from amongst hundreds of numerical listings on a table, I visited the place, found the site by synchronicity, and have been studying it both spiritually through Reiki, and academically through a science background. Both have meshed well and continue to do so. The calling from within (the land) is strong and there are many people trying to speak across thousands of years. For me it's much more spiritually connected than academic. There are places on this land I'll likely never reveal for their want of secrecy (sacredness = same root word). But there is a place that marks the equinox and solstice events very well, it's intentionally constructed, and it's thousands of years old. I've been working with professional archaeologists, native americans, and energy workers since.

Reiki is good, it's led my life to be amazing, not to mention helping quite a few people - myself included, along the way.

Dave
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:56 am

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing! Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 am

I visited America's Stonehenge
    in NH and was in awe of how
    these places so primitive have
    survived. I believe this one is
    4000 years old. The site is used
    as a teaching tools. I have dabbled
    in Archeology and got the opportunity
    to work on a site in Tewksbury Ma
    some years ago. At present I'm
    observing an archeology project taking
    place in my home town in Milltown
    cemetery 3,000 miles away sunny
    ReikiDave
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by ReikiDave Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:54 pm

Colin & Chi-Solas,

Thanks for sharing an interest. I have actually worked with the people associated with America's Stonehenge in NH for the past four years. They were instrumental in helping me realize what this site was all about. They've invited me to come up to Concord, NH this April and give a presentation at the spring meeting of NEARA - the group that studies these sites. I'm weighing the options with two other committments for that date. I do have a powerpoint all set up and ready to go that I've used with smaller groups.

I'm not sure of where either of you are from, but if you're in the new england area I'd love for you to attend the presentation. You can get a look at what Reiki has helped discover and maybe give me some feedback on working with group energy. By the way, I have kept field notes and journals since the start of this project and the notes are loaded with the energy work involved. I truly 'felt' this site before discovering it and validating it academically. When it goes public and gets recognized in serious circles I want people to know that Reiki is a legitimate way of connecting across time and space.

Very Happy Dave
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Dave I'd love to go I
    live in Boston Massachusetts
    a stone's throw away. Colin
    is a world traveler Laughing He
    might just end up in NE you