Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
renukakkar
6 posters

namaste again

renukakkar
    renukakkar

namaste again Empty namaste again

Post by renukakkar Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 pm

namaste everyone,
    i know that i am comming here after four months since oct.2009. i have an excuse not a lame one Smile

i was busy writing a book for children based on a short bed time story that i use to tell my children. of course i had to expand it and incorporate a number of things in it. my children wanted me to tell it to the children all over the world.
    the book is called "Granny's return from Heaven as the Incredible Car'.

the book is what the title suggests. the car can fly, talk, dance, become invisible and is fitted with all sorts of gadgets. it is also a walking talking encyclopaedia. and tells her grandchildren about many things during their flying visits like plants have feelings, static electricity, step farming etc. In addition, some issues faced by children in school as well as at home, have been delicately addressed and how to overcome some of these issues has been explained with the help of proverbs. this all is agaist the background of the story which unravels as to how granny became a Car and who was responsible for her reaching heaven.
    the setting of the book is in the beautiful state of Himachal Pradesh in India.

the forwording has been done by Matteo Micci who is an Italian author and poet for children's books and this is what he has to say:-

“Granny's return from heaven as the incredible car” is a lovely tale, exquisitely Indian. Children of all countries and all ages can find inside this book every kind of information and answers to many disparate questions: from plants, to stars, and they can also meditate on friendship and good behavior, also thanks to the many proverbs that young grandma provides them with.

“Learning with fun” is indeed the motto of this story, which blends together feelings, miracles, teachings and a touch of mystery…

as soon as the book is released, i will post a link from where it will be obtainable. probably after april. presently the designing of the cover of the book is underway. thereafter some negotiations on the sale price as well as price via the internet. since this is my first book, i am also in the learning process. price will probably be $5/- or less and even lesser in india.

oh yes, will also be regular with my visits here on reiki learning lounge. Smile

renu Rolling Eyes
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

namaste again Empty Re: namaste again

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Hiya Renu!
    Good to see you hear again! Looking forward ot the book for my kids!

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Welcome back, Renu!
    cheers

The book sounds great - well done!
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Renu, I know all too well what you have gone through because I'm still going through it. ;-)

Welcome back.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Congrats for the debut Renu jee Smile

may you have a flowing pen!

your presence here was certainly been missed in that while !

take care

salman
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Fri May 28, 2010 1:04 am

namaste, I am hoping it will be out next month.

I have removed the link

Last edited by renukakkar on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 28, 2010 1:15 am

cheers Thanks Renu, such imagination
    is powerful having fun while learning.
    I look forward to reading it study
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Fri May 28, 2010 2:09 am

thanks. i sent the script to them in november last year along with the payment. it has been six months. a baby is born in 9 months. i hope those guys do not think a book's printing should also take the same time. Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 28, 2010 8:01 am

renukakkar wrote:thanks. i sent the script to them in november last year along with the payment. it has been six months. a baby is born in 9 months. i hope those guys do not think a book's printing should also take the same time. Smile

I'm impressed. lol!

Now you just have to work on patience Razz
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 pm

the book came in print on 10.6.2011 it is available with flipkart

http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000368916(USA)@ $9.90
    You will have to type the title of the book.

it is available on various online stores in usa and europe please google search the title

people are very slow in buying books..it is expensive for the people here....i already have an offer from someone to make it into a children's movie... early days yet Smile

Last edited by renukakkar on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:54 am

renukakkar wrote:the book came in print on 10.6.2011 it is available with flipkart also being advertised by reikilearninglounge

http://www.authorhouse.co.uk/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000368916(UK)@ pound sterling 7.00
    http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000368916(USA)@ $9.90

it is available on various online stores in usa and europe please google search the title

people are very slow in buying books..it is expensive for the people here....i already have an offer from someone to make it into a children's movie... early days yet Smile

Consider putting a short video on "vimeo" sunny
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 am

ok will try that too...i got my first cheque, royalty for 1 book sold ( for the three months period ending june 2011)h....not much but a beginning..let us see what i get for the three months ending september...
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:30 am

WhuHoo! Congratulations! You are now officially an author!

I revisited the links in the posts above, and did not find a link to the book. Is it still available at those locations?

renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:51 pm

thank you..yes book is still available..but new books are on display now..they have on the right hand corner above a title/author search ..just type the name of the book and the book will show up...planning to buy, nice:)
    by the way, the book is being read by a tv serial maker, animation would be too expensive..but 20 episodes serial can be made..early days yet ..let us see
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:29 pm

As suggested , I have removed the links of the book

Last edited by renukakkar on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Dearest Renu,

Good to see you here again!

Duty calls me to point out we have a strict reciprocal link policy. both for your profile website and the links you have just gave.

Your are a long time friend of ours, and I do hate to ask. However we ask all members the same, and even though I have a soft spot for you, I must ask that you either place some form of link on your blogspot where it is easily saw, or please remove your website profile link and the links you just posted.

If you can provide a link to the forum, we will give you the special rank of 'Forum Promoter'.

Thanks in advance.

Warmest wishes

Wayne
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:36 pm

All links removed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm