Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
chi_solas
Milarepa
skyzthelimit16
7 posters

Distance attunements. What are your thoughts?

skyzthelimit16
    skyzthelimit16

Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? Empty Distance attunements. What are your thoughts?

Post by skyzthelimit16 Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 am

Hello,
    I've been using Reiki since September and have received a bunch of attunements from quite a few different people. My own personal experience has been that distance attunements are just as effective as when I get attuned from someone in the same room.

I was on the internet and came across an article by William Lee Rand. He said distance attunements are not as strong as local attunements and he claimed this through what clairvoyants have told him. I personally don't agree, but I am always up for learning and hearing what others have to say (and changing my opinion if necessary).

What are your thoughts? Just as effective? No? And why do you feel that way?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? Empty Re: Distance attunements. What are your thoughts?

Post by Milarepa Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

warm welcome to the forum!

Yeah they work. I'd prefer to have in-person any day though. I thought i used to know why. It would only be an opinion though.

I'm transmitting spiritual permission to another. Not 'Reiki'. How far i can direct that 'spiritual permission' depends on many things. All to do with me. And where i am spiritually. This for me accounts for the stark differences in many distance attunements. From good/workable, to not working at all.

It's worth noting. Most of the folks who come to the forum for help post-training, those that cant feel or sense any Reiki signs on themselves or others - these people are usually distance attuned. Leading me to think what kinda half-baked way are they being attuned.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? Empty Re: Distance attunements. What are your thoughts?

Post by chi_solas Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? 85412 skyzthelimit16.

I never had a distant attunement
    but if i were given the option
    distant or in person. I'd chose
    in person. sunny
    skyzthelimit16
    skyzthelimit16

Post by skyzthelimit16 Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:33 am

Milarepa wrote:warm welcome to the forum!

Yeah they work. I'd prefer to have in-person any day though. I thought i used to know why. It would only be an opinion though.

I'm transmitting spiritual permission to another. Not 'Reiki'. How far i can direct that 'spiritual permission' depends on many things. All to do with me. And where i am spiritually. This for me accounts for the stark differences in many distance attunements. From good/workable, to not working at all.

It's worth noting. Most of the folks who come to the forum for help post-training, those that cant feel or sense any Reiki signs on themselves or others - these people are usually distance attuned. Leading me to think what kinda half-baked way are they being attuned.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

True, and I have to admit I haven't thought about attunements being "permission". But I know a few Reiki students, myself included, who couldn't sense the energy after undergoing Usei attunements in person. I went through a few months without being able to sense the energy at all. Then one day I decided to try a distance attunement and viola! The very next day I could sense the energy and had no doubt this buzziness in my hands is Reiki.

So I suppose it can go both ways and maybe it all boils down to preference. I have had a wonderful distance Reiki course with Alice Langholt and you do raise a good point: must make sure thee teacher is reputable, but even with person - to - person attunements, how do we know its Reiki being done and not something else as well? Smile Regards!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:04 am

skyzthelimit16 wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:warm welcome to the forum!

warmest wishes
    Wayne

True, and I have to admit I haven't thought about attunements being "permission". But I know a few Reiki students, myself included, who couldn't sense the energy after undergoing Usei attunements in person. I went through a few months without being able to sense the energy at all. Then one day I decided to try a distance attunement and viola! The very next day I could sense the energy and had no doubt this buzziness in my hands is Reiki.

So I suppose it can go both ways and maybe it all boils down to preference. I have had a wonderful distance Reiki course with Alice Langholt and you do raise a good point: must make sure thee teacher is reputable, but even with person - to - person attunements, how do we know its Reiki being done and not something else as well? Smile Regards!

I know Alice to be a sincere and
    reputable Reiki Teacher bounce Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? 850837
    skyzthelimit16
    skyzthelimit16

Post by skyzthelimit16 Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 am

Oh yes, she is wonderful! I felt more supported doing her distance PR course than I did with first degree reiki on person
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:37 pm

skyzthelimit16 wrote:Oh yes, she is wonderful! I felt more supported doing her distance PR course than I did with first degree reiki on person

flower her energy comes through on her blog bounce
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:59 am

I think that when the process of attunements are simplified, meaning that the special fluff and flavorings that make them "Reiki Attunements" are removed, at the most basic level they can be perceived as new awareness.

New Awareness implies many things, but mainly the process of becoming more consciously aware of energies that may or may not have been or be present in the observer's life.

I understand where Wayne is coming from when he describes some distance attunements as "half-baked" (and I had to laugh out loud when I read that). In a lot of cases that I have heard of, distance attunements "don't work" or "caused problems", but that doesn't mean that "all" distance attunements are bad or require additional precautions to be taken prior to participating in them.

Although I do not entirely agree with William Rand's position, I feel that it has merit. Experiencing attunements in person gives both parties, the attuner and the attunnee a stable point of reference with respect to the energies being perceived (if any). In my opinion, it is far easier to gain a confident conscious understanding towards specifically identifying a frequency when the attunement is experienced in person compared to a distant attunement (especially when a live Video chat is not occuring).

Attunements awaken consciousness. Each person participating in them becomes slightly more consciously aware of greater realities during and after the process. Like attunements that occur in-person, distance attunements expand the awareness of the individuals participating--and because less tools to focus the conscious mind are present in the recipient, their awareness expands and senses a lot of additional energies are sensed.

Many of us in our life are prone to remember bad experiences from our past more easily than the good experiences, and that trait is oftentimes parallels what a person becomes aware of during distance attunements. I have received several e-mails where people have complained about the negative energies they "received" from the distance attuning Reiki Master who then went on to claim that Reiki Master was negative and should be avoided. It's unlikely a distance attuning Reiki Master sets out with the intent to harm another person they are attuning, but it is very likely the person they are attuning begins to awaken to, to become more aware of, energies that are present in their life and even the energies in the lives of those around them.

Those new energies sensed can be good or bad, but as our tendency is to remember the bad experiences in our life easier than the good, it's not uncommon for the attunee to focus their attention onto the negative energies more than the good.

skyzthelimit16
    skyzthelimit16

Post by skyzthelimit16 Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 am

LightBody wrote:I think that when the process of attunements are simplified, meaning that the special fluff and flavorings that make them "Reiki Attunements" are removed, at the most basic level they can be perceived as new awareness.

New Awareness implies many things, but mainly the process of becoming more consciously aware of energies that may or may not have been or be present in the observer's life.

I understand where Wayne is coming from when he describes some distance attunements as "half-baked" (and I had to laugh out loud when I read that). In a lot of cases that I have heard of, distance attunements "don't work" or "caused problems", but that doesn't mean that "all" distance attunements are bad or require additional precautions to be taken prior to participating in them.

Although I do not entirely agree with William Rand's position, I feel that it has merit. Experiencing attunements in person gives both parties, the attuner and the attunnee a stable point of reference with respect to the energies being perceived (if any). In my opinion, it is far easier to gain a confident conscious understanding towards specifically identifying a frequency when the attunement is experienced in person compared to a distant attunement (especially when a live Video chat is not occuring).

Attunements awaken consciousness. Each person participating in them becomes slightly more consciously aware of greater realities during and after the process. Like attunements that occur in-person, distance attunements expand the awareness of the individuals participating--and because less tools to focus the conscious mind are present in the recipient, their awareness expands and senses a lot of additional energies are sensed.

Many of us in our life are prone to remember bad experiences from our past more easily than the good experiences, and that trait is oftentimes parallels what a person becomes aware of during distance attunements. I have received several e-mails where people have complained about the negative energies they "received" from the distance attuning Reiki Master who then went on to claim that Reiki Master was negative and should be avoided. It's unlikely a distance attuning Reiki Master sets out with the intent to harm another person they are attuning, but it is very likely the person they are attuning begins to awaken to, to become more aware of, energies that are present in their life and even the energies in the lives of those around them.

Those new energies sensed can be good or bad, but as our tendency is to remember the bad experiences in our life easier than the good, it's not uncommon for the attunee to focus their attention onto the negative energies more than the good.

That was a wonderful position you stated, Lightbody. I suspect some of the negative energies you have heard from can possibly be clearing symptoms, but maybe you're right about the energies.

It is my belief that distance attunements work 100%, but they need to be done responsibly and from a reputable master that you trust. The master must ensure that he clears his mind of any negativity and maybe this will help with the negative energies as described by Lightbody. All of you have certainly given me much to think about on both sides of the fence and I thank you all.

I suspect that perhaps there is negative energy sent via attunement if the master does not practice regular self healing. Reiki seems to move stagnant energy around while adding fresh energy and just like how a closed in room can become uncomfortable and stuffy, perhaps our energy can as well.....Just a thought.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am

skyzthelimit: said.............
    I suspect that perhaps there is negative energy sent via attunement if the master does not practice regular self healing. Reiki seems to move stagnant energy around while adding fresh energy and just like how a closed in room can become uncomfortable and stuffy, perhaps our energy can as well.....Just a thought.

Is it the client's negative/stuck
    energy that's being moved. Question

Reiki practioners are only facilitators.
    They are not sending energy thru attunments.
    Attunments are rituals that make us aware
    of our self healing energy. bounce
    At least that's my perspective Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? 850837
    skyzthelimit16
    skyzthelimit16

Post by skyzthelimit16 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 am

chi_solas wrote:
    skyzthelimit: said.............

Is it the client's negative/stuck
    energy that's being moved. Question

Reiki practioners are only facilitators.
    They are not sending energy thru attunments.
    Attunments are rituals that make us aware
    of our self healing energy. bounce
    At least that's my perspective Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? 850837

Oh sorry, no I meant the master. We are simply channels, but we must allow the energy to work and cleanse us which is what happens when we use Reiki on ourselves.

:)Also, you are right that attunements are initiations, but I suspect something energetically is going on as well. Mainly because of phenomena like "clearing symptoms" after attunements and that lightheaded feeling some people get right after. I have my own views on what happens during an attunement....Here is basically what I think:

Every person has a resonance frequency and an attunement modifies us energetically by raising our frequencies to a pitch that can use Reiki.

I believe all the different energy therapies out there are life force energy, but different bandwidths. Just like how we have Am, FM, etc bands on our radios, Quantum Touch, Reiki, Reconnective Healing, are different bandwidths of the same life force energy.

And just like a radio, those bandwidths have different frequencies. You are on the FM band, and switch from one station to another you are really just switching frequencies to access new information. This holds for reiki too, I feel. I believe that every Reiki channeler has slightly different frequencies and that the reason why Reiki grows "stronger" for people is because as we use it we begin to have access to a greater range of frequencies. I know with QT, it's been noted that some people are very good at aiding bone fracture healing, others metabolic issues, otehrs with pain, etc. I can only guesss that QT users are accessing different frequencies best suited for certain jobs. QT practioners are probably locked into their own frequencies, however. We as Reiki channels are not locked into our own natural resonance because we pass on attunements, which is really just a passing on of our own natural resonances along with the Reiki band. As we experience healings and attunements from different Reiki channels, we expand our own Reiki frequencies. Also, as we self heal, Reiki, like any good teacher, is scaffolding us as it teaches us. And as we self heal Reiki gradually raises our vibrations higher and higher. In my view, Reiki is not simply a healing practice, but a practice of transformation!

Keep in mind this is my own thought on the matter and some, including you, may reject my rational and I respect that. If you don't agree with me, let me know and why! Smile I might even change my opinion!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm

skyzthelimit16: said.........

Keep in mind this is my own thought on the matter and some, including you, may reject my rational and I respect that. If you don't agree with me, let me know and why! I might even change my opinion!

I don't reject your rational. flower
    There are many different styles of Reiki.
    To me the word "Reiki"represents a system
    that uses different techniques focusing on
    Universal Life Force energy. There
    must be hundreds of different styles
    of Reiki out there. With each style
    comes new symbols,techniques and vocabulary.
    We are all heading in the same direction
    focusing on the natural healing energy Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? 158903
    Anata
    Anata

Post by Anata Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 am

skyzthelimit16 said:
    I went through a few months without being able to sense the energy at all.
    I can tell you nothing why it happened.
    There are too many individual factors.
    The reason might be opened to you later.
    When?
    Nobody knows.
    Everything depends on you.

It took ten years for me once to see the cause and the reason of the certain events.

But the knowledge always comes to me when I am ready.
    When I am ready to forgive…
    When I am ready not to blame…
    When I am ready to accept…
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:06 am

Anata wrote:skyzthelimit16 said:
    I went through a few months without being able to sense the energy at all.
    I can tell you nothing why it happened.
    There are too many individual factors.
    The reason might be opened to you later.
    When?
    Nobody knows.
    Everything depends on you.

It took ten years for me once to see the cause and the reason of the certain events.

But the knowledge always comes to me when I am ready.
    When I am ready to forgive…
    When I am ready not to blame…
    When I am ready to accept…

I highlighted your words of knowledge
    i like the way you say it ...when I'm ready Distance attunements. What are your thoughts? 850837
    ElliottB
    ElliottB

Post by ElliottB Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:37 am

This is great insight!! like many things in life it depends on the people who are involved and putting their heart into what is being done. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 pm

ElliottB
    ElliottB

Post by ElliottB Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Namaste Kiyoshi! ... when I click it says..Sorry, but only administrators can read topics in this forum.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Ooooh. I'll move the message someplace else.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 pm

Rather than move the message, I updated the category so it was viewable by all members. Please try the link again.

Apologies and thanks for letting me know.
    ElliottB
    ElliottB

Post by ElliottB Tue May 01, 2012 10:02 am

it is working now Kiyoshi Thank you for fixing it! Smile

Elliott
    water flower

Post by water flower Tue May 29, 2012 11:59 am

I've been getting re-attuned to level 1 from the lineage I've been following and it's just as wonderful as when I first got attuned.

I do agree that with some attunements, it's not as 'deep', while others are deeper. It depends on how surrendered the attuner and attunee are. The more surrendered the teacher is, that teacher becomes a better instrument for distant attunements.

Most importantly, you will get what you are able to receive. Continue to practice while surrendering and enjoy.

skyzthelimit16 wrote:Hello,
    I've been using Reiki since September and have received a bunch of attunements from quite a few different people. My own personal experience has been that distance attunements are just as effective as when I get attuned from someone in the same room.

I was on the internet and came across an article by William Lee Rand. He said distance attunements are not as strong as local attunements and he claimed this through what clairvoyants have told him. I personally don't agree, but I am always up for learning and hearing what others have to say (and changing my opinion if necessary).

What are your thoughts? Just as effective? No? And why do you feel that way?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:24 pm