Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

A Few Thoughts, Generated By Others

Reikijim
    Reikijim

A Few Thoughts, Generated By Others Empty A Few Thoughts, Generated By Others

Post by Reikijim Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi Folks,

It would be fair, to start by saying, that the ideas/concepts shared at this site, often introduce me to lines of exploration I may have never gotten to by myself. Thank you one and all, for agreeing, and agreeing to disagree, regarding all things Reiki, and all ideas/ideologies of personal experience.

I personally have to keep the lines of reasoning, simple and straight forward, or I lose my way. Gratitude to those, of deeper spiritual experience, and those who have the ability to reason out more complex thoughts than I, for what they have shared.

So, now to share questions and ideas, born from the input of others...and more.

I remember asking if some would agree...Could it be possible that Reiki may be changed, through personal interpretation, psychic or not, to the point where it becomes less effectual in self growth, and the treatment of others?
    One person replied, yes...depending on whether or not the changes were "egoic" in nature, or through a sincere spiritual experience....Ummm...a sincere spiritual experience...Oh yes, a "satori" of sorts. I remember Mikao Usui experienced this.

The problem becomes....How would one know the difference, between "egoic" and sincere, considering that the "egoic" person is most assuredly going to present their experience as sincere?

Also in another thread, it was offered, that two people may journey psychically/meditation to the same place, yet, they may see the same things in a different manner, a manner in which, I would imagine, may be based on their personal abilities/strengths, desires and limitations, spiritually and mentally speaking.

So....I got to wondering...How does this apply to Reiki, considering many have shared new symbols, and systems.

Could those claiming "satori" have traveled/experienced the same things Usui did through his "satori", and seen it differently, through their own personal limitations/strengths?

Another point of interest...I`m betting that everyone who has new symbols, or a new system , has previously been attuned to the Usui symbols...makes one wonder...How do you pass attunements from a new system, with new symbols, if you were not attuned to Usui Reiki to begin with? Are some of these folks really offering something new? Or, are they merely seeing something they already had, in a different way, believing it to be an addition, or better than the original system. If as Andy has offered, the psychic experience can be subjective, regarding two individuals, then this line of reasoning becomes a possibility. Considering, of course, that all...is really...one.

For many years there was one system...from one man, who had a unique experience which he shared with the world. Now we have many claiming the same thing...time will tell...

I`ve seen symbols in meditation, that are unique, but I never entertained the thought of building a system around them. And in no way will I be attuning anyone to them...

Personally I`ve been attuned to eight different symbols....I do connect/feel them to different degrees...And there are two I rarely ever use,from the Usui/Tibetan attunements. The Usui symbols all have a deep connection with me, as does the mental/emotional symbol from Komyo Reiki...I do believe(please correct me if I`m wrong) that the mental/emotional symbol from Usui and Komyo, have a common relationship to another symbol, the one in my avatar(I do love that symbol and what it represents). I feel that the affects myself and others feel, when I treat them using the Komyo version, has as much to do with my teachers spiritual practices, and our relationship, as it has to do with the symbol itself....but this could be wrong...Who knows?... For me, suspicion would be granted to anyone who would concretely claim to know.
    Others will have different experiences...that`s for sure and I honor that, as I should.

I took Komyo because I found a teacher that represents the system the way Hyakuten Inamoto taught it to her. There are many good practices in Komyo. My teacher emphasized the importance of the meditations contained in Komyo, and I believe this to be almost as important as the attunements. Since then, disappointingly, I have met another, qualified to teach Komyo, but she has de-emphasized the original, and injected her own stuff to some degree. There`s the diffusion of a system from it`s foundation again.

If you`ve found something that works...Why mess with it?

In my journey, I have learned that IF the people teaching Usui, had emphasized the importance of things like Hatsurei ho and other meditations, I may have never taken Komyo...But I`m very glad I did. I learned many things from my Komyo teacher, bless her heart, and I`m still learning things from her. The Komyo experience re-enforced what i already knew...Do Reiki...meditate...Do Reiki...meditate...etc....

Very Happy RJ

Last edited by Reikijim on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I can`t spell when I`m tired...lol)
    Thaak
    Thaak

A Few Thoughts, Generated By Others Empty Re: A Few Thoughts, Generated By Others

Post by Thaak Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Very well put ReikiJim!

As to some of your questions... I think you just have to follow your intuition and personal needs/wants at any given time as you are discerning in your journey of discovery.

I, personally, have channeled a couple symbols. I wouldn't call them a new system. I wouldn't teach them during a Reiki class (although I might offer them to students who are interested outside of class.)

They mean a bunch to me, but they might not mean much to others. I would say they are my personal symbols.

Although I don't use symbols anymore, so my attachment to these has waned.

I do have to admit, though, that at the time, I had the egoic need to be recognized. Therefore the symbols may not be entirely pure channel either.

Again, I feel that simplicity is best when teaching, regardless the system. If you start getting too complex, the students will get overwhelmed and may not use the system after said class.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

A Few Thoughts, Generated By Others Empty Re: A Few Thoughts, Generated By Others

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:01 am

Reikijim wrote:Hi Folks,

It would be fair, to start by saying, that the ideas/concepts shared at this site, often introduce me to lines of exploration I may have never gotten to by myself.

That's why it was created, it's great to hear that!

Reikijim wrote:
    I remember asking if some would agree...Could it be possible that Reiki may be changed, through personal interpretation, psychic or not, to the point where it becomes less effectual in self growth, and the treatment of others?
    One person replied, yes...depending on whether or not the changes were "egoic" in nature, or through a sincere spiritual experience....Ummm...a sincere spiritual experience...Oh yes, a "satori" of sorts. I remember Mikao Usui experienced this.

The problem becomes....How would one know the difference, between "egoic" and sincere, considering that the "egoic" person is most assuredly going to present their experience as sincere?

You mean when one changes the system of Reiki, does it change the expereince? As in initiations specifically?

Then yeah. It's human insecurity, and the western desires of always wanting something more, something extra, that's led in part, to the dramatic changes. Reading some early expereinces of Reiki i definitely feel there's been a change in what's been experienced. Like James has pointed out, a Reiki initiation is like a recipe , of sorts. It's a mixture, created in a certain way, to create a specific expereince.

Reikijim wrote:
    Also in another thread, it was offered, that two people may journey psychically/meditation to the same place, yet, they may see the same things in a different manner, a manner in which, I would imagine, may be based on their personal abilities/strengths, desires and limitations, spiritually and mentally speaking.

It should be pointed out, there can be major differences in what can truely occur, in various realites, when comparing it to our everyday worldly one.

really though, you & I can walk down the street, see an accident, and tell the cops variations of what happened. It doesn't mean two seperate accidents happened, Smile .

Reikijim wrote:
    Could those claiming "satori" have traveled/experienced the same things Usui did through his "satori", and seen it differently, through their own personal limitations/strengths?

It's possible, Smile . A person claiming to be anything, shouldn't be took for granted they actually are. Quite often, ones whom truely expereince these things don't claim it. they've no need to, it's self-evident, Smile .

The experience Usui sensei had. Let's look at that. After years of travel & study, he is on a sacred mountain, undergoing an intense spiritual practice (most of us wouldn't have the resolve for). At the end of 21 days, he expereinces a vision, in which he see text he'd been studying. He felt a large spiritual presence over his head, and DKM struck him in the middle of his forehead. Usui sensei experienced enlightenment, at least of a major sort, and was able to access divinity.

This was the culmination of years of practice & study. What makes Reiki a blessing is that he was able to deliver this expereince to others, in a very short time. When really, it could take many years of dilligent practice otherwise.

Usui sensei's expereince, although not entirely unique, isn't all that common, Smile .

Reikijim wrote:
    Another point of interest...I`m betting that everyone who has new symbols, or a new system , has previously been attuned to the Usui symbols...makes one wonder...How do you pass attunements from a new system, with new symbols, if you were not attuned to Usui Reiki to begin with?

I'll suggest they probably can't, Smile . All new systems i know of, not that i'm an authority, are traced in some way to Usui sensei.

Reikijim wrote:
    Are some of these folks really offering something new? Or, are they merely seeing something they already had, in a different way, believing it to be an addition, or better than the original system.

Yeah. Slightly different was of creating an experience, can subtly change the actual experience. Not always in a good way. If one feels a certain style is more 'powerful' than another, it might actually mean they simply felt Usui Reiki was weak. That though, is a human's inate fear coming through, like i spoke of earlier. i'm a prime example, and don't mind being honest about my short-coming with Usui Shiki Ryoho...

If one feels it's inadequate, then it seems it is. If though, one does being to surrender completely to Reiki, they might have a change of perception. And see, they already have all they need.

Anyhow, to be specific about your quote, hehe. When a person is initiated into Reiki (lets say Usui Shiki Ryoho), when they expereince Reiki, the symbols are activated. Irespective if they draw them or not. We have to remember, symbols are placed within use, and although they become a part of us, they're also a part of something else, and respresent something else. Just cause we don't consciously use them, doesn't mean they aren't being used. In formal practice. To me, this is why folks say they can absent heal in level 1. What's happened is during their level 1 initiaiton, they've had (the now common practice) of initiaiton with ALL symbols, including HSZSN. So, when they try to absent heal, of course they can! Even though they don't actually draw the symbol, it's power works when a practitioner tries. So, same with a person whom creates a new style, with new initiations. The symbols from Usui Shiki Ryoho are still 'in the mix'.

Reikijim wrote:
    For many years there was one system...from one man, who had a unique experience which he shared with the world. Now we have many claiming the same thing...time will tell...

Many can 'claim', hehe. I seriously doubt it's on the scale as Usui sensei. They're prob already initiated into Usui sensei's symbols to begin with!

Reikijim wrote:
    I feel that the affects myself and others feel, when I treat them using the Komyo version, has as much to do with my teachers spiritual practices, and our relationship, as it has to do with the symbol itself....but this could be wrong...Who knows?... For me, suspicion would be granted to anyone who would concretely claim to know.

You're own perception of what it is you are doing, of how sacred it all is, of how special you are, your teacher, the system, the lineage, the symbols, all have a direct impact on what you actually experience, Smile . To neglect one part, dilutes things, imo.

take care
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Wayne,

Reikijim wrote:

Milarepa wrote:
    You mean when one changes the system of Reiki, does it change the expereince? As in initiations specifically?

Then yeah. It's human insecurity, and the western desires of always wanting something more, something extra, that's led in part, to the dramatic changes. Reading some early expereinces of Reiki i definitely feel there's been a change in what's been experienced. Like James has pointed out, a Reiki initiation is like a recipe , of sorts. It's a mixture, created in a certain way, to create a specific expereince.

Yes I remember James commenting on this point and I`ve always agreed with him. He said something about trying to make an apple pie without the apples...

Reikijim wrote:

Milarepa wrote:
    It should be pointed out, there can be major differences in what can truely occur, in various realites, when comparing it to our everyday worldly one.

really though, you & I can walk down the street, see an accident, and tell the cops variations of what happened. It doesn't mean two seperate accidents happened, Smile .

Very true...similar to people viewing subtle shades of blue and green...perception varies with the individual.

Reikijim wrote:

Milarepa wrote:
    It's possible, Smile . A person claiming to be anything, shouldn't be took for granted they actually are. Quite often, ones whom truely expereince these things don't claim it. they've no need to, it's self-evident, Smile .

The experience Usui sensei had. Let's look at that. After years of travel & study, he is on a sacred mountain, undergoing an intense spiritual practice (most of us wouldn't have the resolve for). At the end of 21 days, he expereinces a vision, in which he see text he'd been studying. He felt a large spiritual presence over his head, and DKM struck him in the middle of his forehead. Usui sensei experienced enlightenment, at least of a major sort, and was able to access divinity.

This was the culmination of years of practice & study. What makes Reiki a blessing is that he was able to deliver this expereince to others, in a very short time. When really, it could take many years of dilligent practice otherwise.

Usui sensei's expereince, although not entirely unique, isn't all that common, Smile .

Not common at all considering, the outcome.

Reikijim wrote:
    Another point of interest...I`m betting that everyone who has new symbols, or a new system , has previously been attuned to the Usui symbols...makes one wonder...How do you pass attunements from a new system, with new symbols, if you were not attuned to Usui Reiki to begin with?

Milarepa wrote:
    I'll suggest they probably can't, Smile . All new systems i know of, not that i'm an authority, are traced in some way to Usui sensei.

Yes, well that was my point exactly...

Reikijim wrote:
    Are some of these folks really offering something new? Or, are they merely seeing something they already had, in a different way, believing it to be an addition, or better than the original system.

Milarepa wrote:
    Yeah. Slightly different was of creating an experience, can subtly change the actual experience. Not always in a good way. If one feels a certain style is more 'powerful' than another, it might actually mean they simply felt Usui Reiki was weak. That though, is a human's inate fear coming through, like i spoke of earlier. i'm a prime example, and don't mind being honest about my short-coming with Usui Shiki Ryoho...

If one feels it's inadequate, then it seems it is. If though, one does being to surrender completely to Reiki, they might have a change of perception. And see, they already have all they need.

Anyhow, to be specific about your quote, hehe. When a person is initiated into Reiki (lets say Usui Shiki Ryoho), when they expereince Reiki, the symbols are activated. Irespective if they draw them or not. We have to remember, symbols are placed within use, and although they become a part of us, they're also a part of something else, and respresent something else. Just cause we don't consciously use them, doesn't mean they aren't being used. In formal practice. To me, this is why folks say they can absent heal in level 1. What's happened is during their level 1 initiaiton, they've had (the now common practice) of initiaiton with ALL symbols, including HSZSN. So, when they try to absent heal, of course they can! Even though they don't actually draw the symbol, it's power works when a practitioner tries. So, same with a person whom creates a new style, with new initiations. The symbols from Usui Shiki Ryoho are still 'in the mix'.

Very nice....In some ways, our lines of thinking are more in tune , than they were a couple of years ago...

Reikijim wrote:
    I feel that the affects myself and others feel, when I treat them using the Komyo version, has as much to do with my teachers spiritual practices, and our relationship, as it has to do with the symbol itself....but this could be wrong...Who knows?... For me, suspicion would be granted to anyone who would concretely claim to know.

Milarepa wrote:

You're own perception of what it is you are doing, of how sacred it all is, of how special you are, your teacher, the system, the lineage, the symbols, all have a direct impact on what you actually experience, Smile . To neglect one part, dilutes things, imo.

take care
    Wayne
    Smile

Yes, One master I`ve met has been taught by a couple of rather well respected and well known teachers, yet still chose to incorporate much stuff that`s not included in the teachings of the people above her in those two respective styles and lineages....I know that our spirituality is our own, but really....I don`t get it when one changes things immediately after being introduced to a system, This was the case, in what i speak of...

Teachings are absorbed. First one goes through the motions, until a deeper understanding is developed...If one honors the system, it becomes them, and they become it. Well, with that said, I would suppose, that I`m just not that interested in developing an individual identity inside of Usui Reiki, or Komyo for that matter. What has been laid before me is more than enough to keep me evolving and helping others for many, many years

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Reikijim wrote:

Very true...similar to people viewing subtle shades of blue and green...perception varies with the individual.

And, depending on what reality two people go to, it is possible different things can happen at once. We're talking about the kinda reality where the animals talk, we can speak with Angels, etc, though. Slightly different rules here on earth, hehe. And it's here we expereince Reiki. Smile .

Reikijim wrote:
    Yes, One master I`ve met has been taught by a couple of rather well respected and well known teachers, yet still chose to incorporate much stuff that`s not included in the teachings of the people above her in those two respective styles and lineages....I know that our spirituality is our own, but really....I don`t get it when one changes things immediately after being introduced to a system, This was the case, in what i speak of...

Teachings are absorbed. First one goes through the motions, until a deeper understanding is developed...If one honors the system, it becomes them, and they become it. Well, with that said, I would suppose, that I`m just not that interested in developing an individual identity inside of Usui Reiki, or Komyo for that matter. What has been laid before me is more than enough to keep me evolving and helping others for many, many years

I agree 100%. Jeez, i'm only scratching the surface of Usui Shiki Ryoho now, after 4 years! The more one studies their own system, the more reward there is. A change of perception can form, and it's this change of perception that can make things deeper & more rewarding expotentially.

Take care
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:10 pm