Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Afraid of doing Reiki ?!?

Aashima
    Aashima
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Afraid of doing Reiki ?!? Empty Afraid of doing Reiki ?!?

Post by Aashima Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:48 pm

hello all,

I am a level-2 Reiki practitioner, and mostly do reiki only on myself for self-healing.

I usually practice at home,however i have often noticed, that whenever i am alone at home i would have a fear of doing reiki.

I am just not sure maybe it's an inbuilt fear or something else, but i only practice it when some one is at home, as if fearing something bad will happen if i do it when i am alone, as if out of no where a spirit would appear..?!?! ( Sounds pretty weird)

I know it sounds weird, but just wanted to know if it's only me or if someone else also experienced something similar in the past.

Thanks
    Aashima
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Afraid of doing Reiki ?!? Empty Re: Afraid of doing Reiki ?!?

Post by chi_solas Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:49 am

affraid seems like maybe you have a fear of rituals.
    IMO the only spirit around would be your own, unless you
    invite other spirits. sunny flower
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:54 am

Hiya and warm welcome to the forum!

Aashima wrote:hello all,

I am a level-2 Reiki practitioner, and mostly do reiki only on myself for self-healing.

Probably 90% of my Reiki life is also focussed on myself.

Aashima wrote:
    I usually practice at home,however i have often noticed, that whenever i am alone at home i would have a fear of doing reiki.

I am just not sure maybe it's an inbuilt fear or something else, but i only practice it when some one is at home, as if fearing something bad will happen if i do it when i am alone, as if out of no where a spirit would appear..?!?! ( Sounds pretty weird)

I know it sounds weird, but just wanted to know if it's only me or if someone else also experienced something similar in the past.

Thanks
    Aashima

I experienced something similar at one time. Reiki is pretty safe to humans.

It's not weird what you're saying. Let's talk some as to why you are saying it though? Smile .

What does your Reiki teacher say about this? Dare i even ask... (sorry private joke with myself.. i'm alluding to the lack of training the internet has gave birth too)

Can i ask - why would a spirit appearing worry you?

Takata taught that with Reiki no darkness can penetrate us.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Aashima
    Aashima
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Aashima Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks Milarepa and Chi_solas for your reply.

Milarepa: I guess you wanted to ask, if i have learned through internet ? if i got your question right..? actually i have been given attunement by 2 different teachers for level 1 and level 2 because of myself living in different locations at different times, however there is no follow-up sessions provided.. it seems I am on my own after the attunement. So my reason of following up on the Reiki Lounge is to connect with like minded people and to find answers as i am still groping in dark ...

I don't know why a spirit appearing would worry me.. I am just a scared soul..can say if i am alone i won't even switch off the light while sleeping at night.. Rolling Eyes guess i have the fear of unknown..! and why is that ? i have no answers as yet..

Thanks for your reply though.. I appreciate being part of this community.. was looking of finding something like this for a long time..
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi Aashima

Welcome to the Lounge! Smile

Do you think your worry about the possibility of spirits appearing is anything to do with the association of the kanji for the Japanese word 'Rei' (or hanzi for 'Ling' in Chinese) with soul or spirit or ghost?

Although, I believe that the word Reiki implies the presence or atmosphere of the Divine (or Great Spirit or Source or God etc.) in the 14 years I have been practising Reiki I have never yet seen a spirit - even when doing Reiki sessions in churches where many people have been buried. I have only felt a reassuring atmosphere of complete peace and love Smile

That said, various forms of spiritual phenomena can sometimes occur during a Reiki session but these usually enhance the session and are nothing to be frightened of. If what seem to be less helpful phenomena occur then it is best to pay them no attention and treat them with complete indifference and they will cease. But, as I said personally I have never experienced this in my 14 years as a Reiki practitioner.

Remember the Reiki Precepts: Just for today, do not worry (Shinpai suna)? This can also mean do not be afraid or do not fear. As Wayne said: "Takata taught that with Reiki no darkness can penetrate us." Reiki is such a high 'frequency' (for want of a better word) that it will not attract lower 'frequencies'. Fear is a lower frequency and that is what can sometimes attract other lower frequency phenomena.

Hope that helps Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Aashima wrote:

Milarepa: I guess you wanted to ask, if i have learned through internet ? if i got your question right..?

That would have been my next question, Smile.

Aashima wrote:
    actually i have been given attunement by 2 different teachers for level 1 and level 2 because of myself living in different locations at different times, however there is no follow-up sessions provided.. it seems I am on my own after the attunement.

Have you contacted your teachers? Either of them?

Aashima wrote:
    as i am still groping in dark ...

We all are, though we can do it together, Smile.

Aashima wrote:I don't know why a spirit appearing would worry me.. I am just a scared soul..can say if i am alone i won't even switch off the light while sleeping at night.. Rolling Eyes guess i have the fear of unknown..! and why is that ? i have no answers as yet..

Reiki is only unknown as one hasn't experienced it before, or it is still new. It doesn't necessarily mean Reiki is something other than us.

Aashima wrote:
    Thanks for your reply though.. I appreciate being part of this community.. was looking of finding something like this for a long time..

We're very happy to have ya here! Check out the below topics for varied opinions on what it is we might really be doing in Reiki.

The more you are interacting with Reiki, the more comfortable you'll be. and the more we all do this the more we understand Reiki internally.

Feeling the need to do Reiki only when others are around is ok. Dont feel, or try not to, anything negative or even silly bout it. If you focus your sessions on looking inside and meeting the fear you say you have it might be an idea. For sure, do this with folks in your house. Small steps is best. Smile.

It would be real nice if ya stuck around the forum. If ya would like to talk to someone more in private (We all do, myself also) indicate on the forum and i'll contact you getting that initiated. I'm pretty sure you're own insights will be valuable to the forum some day. So i have a selfish reason, Smile.

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t711-is-it-my-reiki

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t125-what-is-reiki

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Aashima
    Aashima
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Aashima Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Colin wrote:Remember the Reiki Precepts: Just for today, do not worry (Shinpai suna)? This can also mean do not be afraid or do not fear. As Wayne said: "Takata taught that with Reiki no darkness can penetrate us." Reiki is such a high 'frequency' (for want of a better word) that it will not attract lower 'frequencies'. Fear is a lower frequency and that is what can sometimes attract other lower frequency phenomena.

Hope that helps Smile

Thanks Colin. Your reply is very simplified and i must add very comforting to me. It makes sense to me. I am happy to be part of this community and looking forward to my reiki journey.
    Aashima
    Aashima
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Aashima Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Milarepa wrote:

We're very happy to have ya here! Check out the below topics for varied opinions on what it is we might really be doing in Reiki.

The more you are interacting with Reiki, the more comfortable you'll be. and the more we all do this the more we understand Reiki internally.

Feeling the need to do Reiki only when others are around is ok. Dont feel, or try not to, anything negative or even silly bout it. If you focus your sessions on looking inside and meeting the fear you say you have it might be an idea. For sure, do this with folks in your house. Small steps is best. Smile.

It would be real nice if ya stuck around the forum. If ya would like to talk to someone more in private (We all do, myself also) indicate on the forum and i'll contact you getting that initiated. I'm pretty sure you're own insights will be valuable to the forum some day. So i have a selfish reason, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I appreciate your taking out time and explaining in detail..! You are right, more interaction i have with Reiki, more i will get comfortable with it and can address my own fears.

I am definately going to stick around for sure.

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Aashima wrote:
    Colin wrote:Remember the Reiki Precepts: Just for today, do not worry (Shinpai suna)? This can also mean do not be afraid or do not fear. As Wayne said: "Takata taught that with Reiki no darkness can penetrate us." Reiki is such a high 'frequency' (for want of a better word) that it will not attract lower 'frequencies'. Fear is a lower frequency and that is what can sometimes attract other lower frequency phenomena.

Hope that helps Smile

Thanks Colin. Your reply is very simplified and i must add very comforting to me. It makes sense to me. I am happy to be part of this community and looking forward to my reiki journey.

Thank YOU Aashima! Smile

Thank you for voicing your concerns here. I am sure that other Reiki practitioners also have similar concerns but may be reluctant to mention them! Smile

But this is how we learn!

cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:13 am

Aashima wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I appreciate your taking out time and explaining in detail..! You are right, more interaction i have with Reiki, more i will get comfortable with it and can address my own fears.

I am definately going to stick around for sure.

Here's another way of approaching it. When you do Reiki ensure that everything at your place is just the way you want it. Make the environment as aesthetically pleasing as possible. What you wanna aim for is your Reiki session to be an enjoyable experience. not another trigger for stress. Really, it doesn't matter when, who with, or even how you experience Reiki in this context. enjoying the experience is the key.

When the necessary atmosphere is created - that you have done all you can 'this day' - maybe not even seek out or look for the fear in the Reiki session. forget, or at least temporarily set aside this 'damned feeling'.

Just enjoy the Reiki time. Your time. Time gave to yourself as you're highly important. The great thing about Reiki is that it will filter into all aspects of our lives. so if seeking out the fear in a session creates more turmoil - let it go. Just enjoy your sessions for the even slight relaxation they may bring. In time you may notice a change. Might take a little time. The first sign of any progress will be the most important. From that true belief and confidence will bloom.

I'm creating a college course on being a warrior and was recaping my stuff on stress and fear. So this came to me, and i had to get back to you with this right away. Smile

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Aashima wrote:hello all,

Thanks
    Aashima

Hi,

Who knows, maybe there is a spirit that wants to connect with you, hence the thoughts you are having on an intuitive level.... Very Happy

Regardless...do not let Hollywood movies and scary books influence you. You have the power and control in this realm of existance, to thwart anything uncomfortable.

Fear is what feeds bad situations...

With time and more time/practice, you will come to understand that there is little to fear from the spirit world...except fear itself.

Yet with that said...honor your comfort zone until it expands...fear is no fun, and most of the time serves little purpose.

I wish you the best of luck with this learning opportunity that has been presented to you!!!

Jim Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm