Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

RMT, new to Forum - Hey y'all :)

namastetony
    namastetony
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

RMT, new to Forum - Hey y'all :) Empty RMT, new to Forum - Hey y'all :)

Post by namastetony Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 am

Glad to have found you and to be here. I hope to get more familiar with the forum & everyone here soon. A little about me: I'm an INTER-traditional RMT (generally meaning I only teach what's common to all traditions). In the process of writing manuals, if anyone might care to help Smile Anyhoo, that's not why I'm here, it's for the fellowship. Ok, let's see... I'm 48, gay, partnered, atheist/humanist, a long-haul (US/Can)truck driver & I live in Virginia. 3x suicide survivor, leading to my spiritual 'quest' (if you will) which began in 1981. RMT since 2008. Here's how I see things nowadays:

I have nothing whatsoever against anyone's religion, but I do think this: It's meant to be one's own personal experience and path to enlightenment/fulfillment, not a lens through which to view others but to view oneself. If you ask me if I'm religious, I'll say no. Spiritual, though? Oh yeah. I've studied several religions in-depth and have found that each religion proves each other valid at its very core, and teaches us that as we as co-inhabit this earth we are to do the same. All truly spiritual texts that exist say that life is to be peaceful, loving, joyous and abundant. One of the most valuable Life lessons we can learn is to, yes, study the texts, but listen to our own hearts for their meaning & application. There's a spirit that all of us have in common, the greater spirit I believe in...that of love, joy, peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, temperance, kinship, unity, equality, growth, kindness, knowledge, wisdom and help. I believe that honesty, worth, care, respect, honor, gratitude, humility, patience, kindness, calm, support, smiles, laughter, enthusiasm and vigor are all contagious. I could go on & on about the common spirit of humankind, the central and passionate focus of my life, and I think it best for us to all teach/learn it from each other.

Namaste, everyone.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

RMT, new to Forum - Hey y'all :) Empty Re: RMT, new to Forum - Hey y'all :)

Post by chi_solas Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:37 am

RMT, new to Forum - Hey y'all :) 85412 Namastetony

The RLL is another area to explore
    as you journey along your life's path. RMT, new to Forum - Hey y'all :) 850837

Some folks embrace organized religion
    and also implement Reiki into their
    daily lives. Others choose another source
    that embraces their spiritual/ Reiki needs.
    Our paths may appear different with different
    life's experiences, yet we all have the same
    zest for life. Some of us take high roads others
    take low roads. All roads have ramps that we can
    exit and again ramps to return to the road we want
    to travel. Our paths can be ever changing. bounce Arrow

Thanks for giving us insight into your personal
    experiences. I'm sure many of our members can
    relate and identify with much of what you posted. study

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 am

Hi and welcome to the Lounge!

Great introduction!

cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:43 pm

warm welcome!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:56 am