Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
LightBody
Liz_S
6 posters

New to the forum from Scotland

Liz_S
    Liz_S
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

New to the forum from Scotland Empty New to the forum from Scotland

Post by Liz_S Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:29 am

Hi there,

Just joined the forum this afternoon and have been enjoying reading various posts.

I am not just new to this site, but fairly new to Reiki as well. I did Reiki level 1 in June, so I really am a newbie!

I lost my Mum in December last year to kidney cancer. We had seven weeks with her after her diagnosis. Everything seemed to happen so quickly. A good friend of my Mum's offered to give her Reiki. None of us really new anything about it, we knew it couldn't take away that massive tumour, but we also knew that it could do no harm. What it did do to my Mum was give her an amazing kind of peacefulness. Each time she fell asleep and she seemed more relaxed and calm.

Anyway, my Mum's friend is now a very good friend of mine. She started giving me a weekly Reiki session. I have various physical problems ranging from chronic back pain to the horrible pain of trigeminal neuralgia. I had some amazing experiences when I was getting my Reiki and I am convinced that it has helped me. Both physically and with my ability to cope with my pain. (Maybe they are both one in the same). I also felt it helped me emotionally at what could probably have been the worst time of my life having lost my Mum. Somehow, I felt a closeness to her when I was having my Reiki. Maybe that was just in my head - it felt good anyway!

So I did my Reiki 1 a couple of months ago so that I could try to heal myself and, of course, I wanted to be able help people the way my friend had helped me.

I think that Reiki energy is an amazing thing. It's something which I can't really understand, but I don't think we always need to understand everything in life. I am just so grateful that I have been able to experience it.

Liz

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

New to the forum from Scotland Empty Re: New to the forum from Scotland

Post by LightBody Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:41 am

Hi Liz, welcome.

My mother passed a few years ago on account of smoker's lung cancer. A couple years prior when she was first diagnosed, myself and many of my Reiki friends began to provide her distance Reiki and the disease went into full remission during her chemo and radiation treatments, but unfortunately not her desire to smoke. She continued smoking, and the cancer returned in full force. This time around, the only thing Reiki could do was to help make her transition smoother than otherwise. I made a special trip home (I live in California and returned to Minnesota for this), provided Reiki for the best interest of her, and she passed shortly thereafter. It helped end many long months of unnecessary suffering, and helped make the entire process much easier than it could have otherwise been.

Reiki is amazing, and a truly wonderful experience to share with others.

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:37 am

Hi Liz

Welcome to RLL! cheers

Thank you for sharing your story - yes, Reiki is wonderful and you never stop learning and being amazed! Smile

I'm off up to Scotland tomorrow as it happens (Oban). Been to Scotland several times on business but this will be a chance to had a proper look around.

Smile
    LightChild
    LightChild
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by LightChild Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 am

Hi Liz,
    Welcome to RLL! I am sorry your mum left this realm and I can imagine how you felt when you lost her and how you feel now talking about her. But I also believe that her passing over was a lesson for you in this life. Maybe her purpose in life was to help for your spiritual growth. I am sure she is there with you even now,helping you and guiding you. Her spirit will be always with you!

Reiki is a wonderful way to find peace and unconditional love.
    I am newbie in Reiki too, but I read a lot and up from I joined RLL (not long ago )Smile I realised even more how much Reiki resonates with me and how amazing is ... Here I found my teacher, Colin ...I am going to do my Reiki 1 with him in the end of this month ( I can't wait for the day to come bounce )
    I believe my Angels brought me to RLL...I am so grateful they did sunny Here you will find lots of knowledge, love, compassion,wisdom ...I wish you Love and Light on your Reiki path!!!
    Angels Blessings New to the forum from Scotland 850837
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Welcome to RLL Liz. & Congratulations
    on your Reiki 1 certification. cheers

Please accept my condolence as you
    grieve your Mum's passing. Neutral

Grief nurturing the process by Gale Massey, M.S.

Even though death is an inevitable part of life, the impact of grief can be overwhelming, and no matter, how many times you’ve been through , it can leave you feeling venerable and unprepared.

Your world has changed with this death and it will never be the same. So, in many ways, you are looking at the world as though you are looking through the eyes of child

Grief is a mixture of emotions ranging from sadness, fear, anger, despair, to restlessness and many others. Understanding your feelings during this emotional roller coaster distress can help you know what you need at any given moment.

You may have to ask for what you need and others may want to know. Let others help you for a while. When sadness and loneliness overcome you, find a place for your tears and reach out for the hand of a friend.

When restlessness sets in, take a long walk and release some of the tension. Your anger doesn’t need to make sense, but it does need your attention and expression. It can be released through tears, yelling, writing or whatever makes sense to you. Remember your body. Give yourself some good food, warm yourself by a fire, and get some gentle exercise.

Sometimes accepting death as essential and necessary can relieve guilt and turmoil. How you respond to grief will affect your relationships and all other areas of your life.

Depression is a natural part of grief; allow some time and space for it. Balance the pain with some elements of nature: trees, flowers, gardens, sunsets, a walk in the woods. Finding meaning in death is important in healing from loss. Remember the one that died and bear witness to the life they lived.

Resting deep in your heart is a well spring of compassion. Allow yourself to tap into that and let it bolster you for a while. When you can, begin to let courage and love intertwine with the other emotions of grief. Then you will find hope for your own healing…

And healing your spirit is a life long process of nurturing the seeds of love and courage resting in your heart.
    Liz_S
    Liz_S
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Liz_S Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks to you all for your replies.I am sure I am going to be on this forum a lot - so glad I found it.

Buck, cancer is just such a horrible disease - I guess we all hope and pray that one day, they will find a cure. Kidney cancer is one of the "silent" cancers - it just eats away at first without being noticed. In my Mum's case, it was discovered way too late.

Enjoy your trip to Oban, Colin. Hope the rain (and the midges!) stay away.

Lightchild and Chi_solas, thank you both for your posts. You have both said some very wise and true words. I know for sure that my Mum will always be with me - in my heart she never left me.

Thanks again to you all for the lovely welcome,
    Liz
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:32 am

warm welcome to the forum Liz!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content