Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

REIKI and Diabetes

sandip_teramai

REIKI and Diabetes Empty REIKI and Diabetes

Post by sandip_teramai Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Hello learned masters,
    I have question related to Diabetes.
    Can a Diabetes patient be given REIKI energy.
    So what effect will be on the patient?
    Will it be positive or will there be adverse effects to lower/increase the blood sugar levels in the body.
    I was browsing through and found this is one of the myth
    but need to understand from you learned masters on the effects.

Please detail.

Thanks,
    Sandip
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

REIKI and Diabetes Empty Re: REIKI and Diabetes

Post by Colin Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 am

Hi Sandip

Reiki always works towards bringing balance, so:

Yes, a Diabetes patient can be given a Reiki session.
    The effect will be to help the patient return to balance, although how long it may take for complete balance depends on many factors such as how far out of balance they are and whether they take steps to avoid further imbalance.
    Blood sugar levels will depend on sugar intake but over a period of time (bearing in mind the previous sentence as well) there may be a decrease or increase, whatever it needs to return towards balance. This is why it is recommended that diabetics who are undergoing a series of Reiki sessions should have their levels monitored closely by their GP (or themselves if they have a meter).

It is also stated, by Mrs Takata, and in the Healing Guides of Chujiro Hayashi and Mikao Usui that if a technique known as Ketsueki Kokan Ho (or Nerve Stroke or Reiki Finish,  as Mrs Takata called it) is used on someone with Diabetes then the stroke should be reversed (i.e. upwards towards the head rather than the usual down from the head direction).

However, after asking one of my Reiki teachers (Tadao Yamaguchi) about this, I understand that this instruction probably refers to people with untreated Type I diabetes, where the downward stroke may aggravate the already disrupted flow of ki in the meridians along the spine. Untreated Type I diabetes is not very common nowadays. Most Type I Diabetics are on medication and the most common form of diabetes in the West is now Type II Diabetes.

Hope that helps Smile
    sandip_teramai

Post by sandip_teramai Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks Colin for your reply.
    I understand that a Diabetic Patient can be given Reiki but the patient needs to monitor his Sugar Levels since Reiki will balance his sugar level to normal conditions (also depends on the sugar intake by the patient).

2nd question:
    If a Reiki practiotioner himself is "Early Diabetic" or "Type 1 Diabetic" stage
    then , is the same method applicable as the former ones?
    Are there different approaches to be considered while Self healing and healing others?

And what would parts to be healed more in order to balance the Sugar levels?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Wrong section. I'll move this.
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:56 am

i was taught to treat the person sitting up.
    if the energy moves quickly within them and the sugar levels drop while the person is relaxed with their eyes closed - how would you know if they'd slipped into a diabetic coma or not?

really, you just need to discuss with the client what their needs are, what to do if x or y or z happens. do you give them a shot? do you give them a drink of orange juice, or a sweet?
    and who do you call in which circumstances? they might need an ambulance, or they might just need someone to drive them home.

keep the phone in the room, on silent so that if you find you're out of your depth you have someone to call without leaving your person on the table unattended.

and ask your guides to help you. chances are nothing will go wrong, but in a case like this i would want to be prepared
    sandip_teramai

Post by sandip_teramai Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:23 am

Thanks Carina for your reply.
    It really helps.
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:00 am

I was trained by a master that was also a nurse :-D
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 am

Carina_NZ wrote:i was taught to treat the person sitting up.
    if the energy moves quickly within them and the sugar levels drop while the person is relaxed with their eyes closed - how would you know if they'd slipped into a diabetic coma or not?  

really, you just need to discuss with the client what their needs are, what to do if x or y or z happens. do you give them a shot?  do you give them a drink of orange juice, or a sweet?  
    and who do you call in which circumstances?  they might need an ambulance, or they might just need someone to drive them home.

keep the phone in the room, on silent so that if you find you're out of your depth you have someone to call without leaving your person on the table unattended.

and ask your guides to help you.  chances are nothing will go wrong, but in a case like this i would want to be prepared

Good to be aware... what to do if ...
    Having a silent phone handy is
    a good idea. cheers 

I have always considered my
    Reiki room a sanctuary where
    healing happens and positive is
    always present.sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:25 am