Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

My reiki teacher said I might be unsensitive to reiki because I might not be able to receive love

slimmist
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

My reiki teacher said I might be unsensitive to reiki because I might not be able to receive love Empty My reiki teacher said I might be unsensitive to reiki because I might not be able to receive love

Post by slimmist Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:48 am

When I think about the past I have often put others before myself and I am very sympathetic so I hate making people feel bad. Most of my life has been about living for helping people instead of myself, and the bad part is that most of my life I have never really been inspired to do anything to please myself, just others. I have problems letting go of friends which is why these days I'm afraid to make any. She said that I had a very strong heart chakra, but that was years ago. I mean I was a very humble person back then who was very polite because of my religious background and I rarely got mad, but because I had problems expressing myself through words some people thought I was mentally retarded and some people disrespected me because I treated them with respect, it's not extremely bad impediment but, it can definitely be improved. I was actually thinking about joining the toast masters club. Now these days I don't open up to people unless they open up to me first. My speech impediment (I'm a slow talker) I think is due to a stage in my life I went through where I closed myself off from the world and stopped talking because people made fun of the way my slightly high pitched voice tone. I would not respond or look at people if they talked to me and I would not fight back if they  hurt me. I felt the attunement she gave me but it was not some mindblowing experience, I felt pain in my stomach area, the tingly sensation in my hands slightly increased and my eyes started to twitch, but that was it. I went through the whole self healing process and I still couldn't feel anything. And now I'm starting to think that the most effective ways of healing my chakras is not by meditation or yoga poses, but by making changes in my life style. My teacher also communicated with my higher self and said that my higher self was very feminine even though I'm a guy and I'm not homosexual. I was also raised by a single father. My higher self told her that I don't try hard enough and I don't feel confident in women. Right now I am trying to make my root and throat chakra my most strongest chakras by changing my life style
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

My reiki teacher said I might be unsensitive to reiki because I might not be able to receive love Empty Re: My reiki teacher said I might be unsensitive to reiki because I might not be able to receive love

Post by LightBody Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:00 pm

slimmist wrote:And now I'm starting to think that the most effective ways of healing my chakras is not by meditation or yoga poses, but by making changes in my life style....

The two go hand in hand. The chakras radiate an energetic reflection of who you really are, and all too often in our life here on earth, we pretend to be someone we are not (even when we think we are being ourselves).

I think you are making a wonderful choice.
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

My reiki teacher said I might be unsensitive to reiki because I might not be able to receive love Empty Re: My reiki teacher said I might be unsensitive to reiki because I might not be able to receive love

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:16 pm

LightBody wrote:
    slimmist wrote:And now I'm starting to think that the most effective ways of healing my chakras is not by meditation or yoga poses, but by making changes in my life style....

The two go hand in hand. The chakras radiate an energetic reflection of who you really are, and all too often in our life here on earth, we pretend to be someone we are not (even when we think we are being ourselves).

I think you are making a wonderful choice.

i concur Smile

Last edited by Carina_NZ on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : enable BBcode)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 31, 2014 10:14 am

Has your Reiki training brought up issues for you, or has the teacher brought them up?
    one persons view of something is not the way things are. there is a quotation in my signature line, that speaks about perception. that it can depend on where a person looks from. What your teacher said may be more about them than you. Even though they said it about you.

This isn't necessarily about right or wrong. It could be about different individual opinions. Some people are sensitive to others. Though some people like to think they are also.

warmest wishes

Wayne
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:44 pm

I'm inclined to agree with your thoughts here Wayne.......my immediate thought upon reading the topic title was....jesus!! your Reiki teacher should be very careful in what they say to you!!!

I think its a terrible thing to tell someone why they think they are or are not sensitive to Reiki......and just because someone doesn't physiologically, emotionally, mentally or spiritual 'feel' much going on in regards to Reiki, that in no way means that that person is not receiving the reiki at the level of being that is right for them.

Add to that this Reiki teacher also throws in 'because you are not able to receive love'.....for f*cks sake!!!! I thin k this Reiki teacher should watch their mouth and concentrate on their own spiritual development and not be so quick to assume a 'spiritual high ground, by channeling this clients 'higher self,

I'm sorry to all concerned but this kind of crap makes me very angry......

slimmist, I would say find yourself another Reiki teacher.......I have worked with some wonderful teachers in healer development......and received healing from from incredibly gifted healers.....I intuitively knew that these people were psychically aware of much more than they would let on.....but by saying nothing their compassionate humility was to allow a recipient to come to their own understanding about issues affecting their lives......in my opinion and from my experience, saying less in these scenarios is always more!!.....a lot of people can be very vulnerable when they go to see a healer......and a lot can be suffering from low self esteem and mental health issues.......its so so easy for some clients to put a healer on a spiritual pedestal and take every word they say as the truth. I believe any healer worth their clout is very aware of this and acts accordingly by NOT saying the kinds of things your teacher said to you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 pm