Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Introduction + quesiton regarding an interesting event

crushedpurple
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Introduction + quesiton regarding an interesting event Empty Introduction + quesiton regarding an interesting event

Post by crushedpurple Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm just getting started with Reiki. I took level 1 but haven't gotten the certification yet. So far I've only done Reiki on myself.  I've been interested in all kinds of energy work for years - mostly having it done myself.  I've been told for years that I have "healing qualities" or that I'm a healer.  I've always been quite open and sensitive - apparently I'm an empath. As a kid I used to get deja vu all the time. I pretty much ignored/dismissed these traits because I didn't think it was normal and didn't really know what to do with but now I'm learning to embrace it, mostly because I'm very drawn to it and it just feels right.

I've joined this forum to get guidance and ask questions - hopefully I can help others on here too.  I'm also interested in learning more about chakra balancing, colours and scents.  I generally see purples and greens.

I actually want to get insights on something that happened to me last night

I was doing Reiki on myself last night just before bed. I was in a meditative state so I was fairly focused and almost in a dream-like state but I'm very confident I was still awake.  All of a sudden I get this bluish-ultraviolet light, like a shooting star appear in my vision and coming straight towards at a very fast rate and soon as it got to me my whole body jolted and I was wide awake and at the same time I saw what looked like a either lightning striking or a light flicker even though no lights were on and no storm outside.  Maybe 30 seconds later, the lightning/light flickered again and this time I was wide awake - I turned the light on wrote in my journal.  I couldn't tell if there was any sound that triggered that because maybe 30min later some noise got me out of a sleep like phase and at the same time I saw light pale blue in my vision.  The first event, really shook me up in fact,  I was sort of paralyzed with fear because it felt so real and like a paranormal experience and since then I've been trying to figure out exactly happened but I'm just embracing it.

Any insights on what this means?

On another note, I think I'll refrain from doing Reiki before bed not because of this but because every time I do it my body is twitching and pulsating especially my lower limbs and I feel vibrations and energy shooting all over the place - it's pretty cool but it keeps me up all nigh. The odd time during the day I'll get a shooting or stabbing pain somewhere in my body (usually head) that goes quickly as it comes.  What does that mean?

Thanks everyone for reading me Smile

Look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

Much love and light.
    Bastemhet
    Bastemhet

Introduction + quesiton regarding an interesting event Empty Re: Introduction + quesiton regarding an interesting event

Post by Bastemhet Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I couldn´t tell you what those lights mean since I´m not a clairvoyant.

However it´s possible that the twitching, pulsing, and pain in your head could all just be your energetic channels becoming used to having Reiki energy flow through them. Sometimes when I practice Reiki I get a pain in my crown and third eye chakras. This indicates to me when there´s a particularly heavy flow of Reiki and my channels are being forced to widen to make room for it. I also try to keep in mind whether my body is automatically tensing up so as to cause this pain. Whenever this happens I try to consciously relax every part of my body and let Reiki use ME instead of letting my ego in the way and try and control how the Reiki flows. Reiki knows what to do. We set the intention, and let it do the rest- basically, forget about doing Reiki and just relax.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Introduction + quesiton regarding an interesting event Empty Re: Introduction + quesiton regarding an interesting event

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 am

hi

did you find this experience desirable? do you feel you may have things like this happening again?

from your post, i gather that you felt stuck with fear. afterwards, have you felt that it was more an awe than fear?

just trying to get on-board with what really you have experienced.

found good that you've journaled your experience. can you relate it to some similar experience in past, when you were not in reiki?

oh, i feel its getting to feel like an interview Smile

take care, keep posted

Aeracura
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Aeracura Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:41 am

I've had all kinds of neat things happen to me while I treat myself with Reiki. Just enjoy the experiences that happen in this state - because this is who you really are. Smile Razz
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:21 am

hiya, that was back in March - how are things since then?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:44 am