Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
chi_solas
Milarepa
Dragonfly
7 posters

Spiritual protection

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Spiritual protection Empty Spiritual protection

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 28, 2009 2:01 am

Not sure where to put this one, but here goes...

I have a co-worker that just seems to be out to get me. Oddly enough, we used to be pretty good friends. We worked together in the consulting division of our company and she got a job opportunity a few years ago in the tax division. Eventually she got me into the group too and it seemed like a good deal at the time. However, we went from being peers to her eventually managing me, and that's where the trouble started.

I know that power can go to people's heads and change them. I just have never witnessed a change that profound in someone, and then had that antagonism directed at me. My day job is stressful enough as it is but she seems intent on making it even harder for me to function, and I don't know why. I actually report to a different manager now, but am still dealing with this constant stress from her. If I could quit my job, I would, but I have a family to support and the job market in my field is not exactly hopping.

I try to do the Reiki spiritual protection work I was taught, and I have a friend of mine who can communicate with angels who advised me to call upon Archangel Michael frequently because she said I would need additional spiritual protection. I feel like I need something more. I'm so stressed out and feel constantly drained. It's been very hard to focus on my job the way I need to because of all this too.

I know I need to get out of this job environment, have known it for some time. Other opportunties have not opened up yet because of the economy. I have my Reiki business, which is a blessing, but I do not make enough to live on that, along with my husband's salary.

Does anyone have suggestions of additional spiritual protection work I can do?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Spiritual protection Empty Re: Spiritual protection

Post by Milarepa Thu May 28, 2009 3:25 am

Jeepers, this sounds like a real though time for you, Sad . i'll answer partly form my own view, and partly from practical advice you'd probably be more in tune with, Smile.

Dragonfly wrote:
    I try to do the Reiki spiritual protection work I was taught, and I have a friend of mine who can communicate with angels who advised me to call upon Archangel Michael frequently because she said I would need additional spiritual protection. I feel like I need something more. I'm so stressed out and feel constantly drained. It's been very hard to focus on my job the way I need to because of all this too.

Ok, Smile . I really know where you're coming from. And before i go on, even folks from Reiki4All may remember my own lengthy accounts of 'demonic possession' i posted. SO i'm only purely going from personal experience with this.

If a person feels they need protection, as in - the multitude of things available, then in my own experience, their reality will show itself in such a way as it will reinforce that. It's actually fear. We're afraid of something, and seek protection. Maybe not one thing, we look for & more. This feeds our fear, and in many ways, confidence about ourselves. Again, this is my own expereince.

For me, it culminated in what i thought was demonic possesion. Two psychics, one a professional, both friends from Reiki4All, both agreed independately that this was so.

They weren't telling lies. It was true for them. They expected to see that, so they did. They told me, then everything that happened was down to possession. Looking at it now, the events could easily be said to be something else.

Freinds privately advised me of other ways to look at it. One woman in particular, kept saying she doesn't use protection in Reiki. I couldn't understand this. My reality was we'd be assailed daily be forces unseen if we didn't use something. I decided to test this. Although i'd just come through (what i thought) a terrible ordeal, i knew she meant what she said. So i stopped using all forms of protection. And taught that way also. That's about 18 months or 2 years ago now maybe. I neve3r have a problem.

This is because, there's a constant field of 'Reiki' around me at all times. What i done was recoqnise that, and i'm aware of it. Nothing can, and nothing does, penetrate that. Takata sensei said as much also.

I understand this person may be acting in not nice ways, but you feeling you are under attack is stressing you at work, maybe playing on your mind at home, and generally affecting your life. What is it some say bout fear? It's not real, it's imagined. I'm not there watching what's going on, but it's quite possible, that if you feel you're under attack, absolutely anything that happens may be viewed as such, and this makes things look worse. Possibly, uneccessarily. Smile .

Folks like David Wilcox expound this belief also. If, we feel we are under attack form another, and feel fear, etc, we may actually be inadvertently be feeding theri energy. David is a better mind than me on this, i'm just repeating his stuff.

Dragonfly wrote:
    Does anyone have suggestions of additional spiritual protection work I can do?

here's the practical stuff anyhow, Smile .

Crystals. dunno if you're into them, hehe. Even this s0 called 'puritan' has quite a few around him even now (though not for protection), hehe. Get some:-

Quartz
    Turquoise
    Lapis lazuli
    Black onyx
    Amethyst
    Jade
    A medicine pouch .

All these are good for protection, course, you mightn't be able to carry them about at work? I would've carried Black Onyx about. Amethyst is good also. Cleanse them in salt water, or leave out overnight in moonlight. Reiki them also before you but them back into pouch would be good!

This is a Quantum touch technique. It'll raise your energy if you're feeling drained. From below your feet, in the ground, when you breathe in, imagine 'energy' coming up through your feet, in small circular motion. Whilst continuing to inhale, visualise the energy reaching your head, to coincide with your full in-breath. Now on the outbreath, visualise the energy going down your head, into your shoulders, and to the tips of your hands, to coincide with the full out-breath. repeat this a few times as needed. Do it calmly, and mindfully, so you won't get dizzy. If you did get dizzy, just stop. The energy is always visualised in circular motion. it seems ot move bttter this way.

Another thing to think about. I watched a dvd a few nights ago. A researcher had discovered that the feeling of gratitude is the most potent force in existence. He found it could actually reconstruct bad DNA. I can't remember the terms. Gratitude is very close to us within Reiki anyhow. I havn't tired this on any situation, but maybe changing your internal reaction from fear/apprehension/anxiety toward this person, to gratitude, perhaps this might workk a miracle.

Anyhow, please keep us informed, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 28, 2009 5:18 am

Thanks Wayne, all very helpful!

Folks like David Wilcox expound this belief also. If, we feel we are under attack form another, and feel fear, etc, we may actually be inadvertently be feeding theri energy. David is a better mind than me on this, i'm just repeating his stuff.

I do agree that we often inadertently feed other people's energy if we feel we are under attack or feel fear because of them. It's just an easy thing to let go of. Sometimes not fighting back is the best medicine but sometimes people are so aggressive because they fear YOU that the only thing you can do (besides pray and trust in the Reiki energy that surrounds you, which I try to do)is to limit involvement wherever possible. Some people are just that toxic.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 28, 2009 6:27 am

Sounds like as your talking through this the answers are surfacing.

To add to what Milarepa has expressed, I would suggest that you start
    your day as soon as you wake up with an image of someone /thing that
    makes you smile. During your workday bring that image forth when you
    feel the need to get out of your job environment. If I remember you
    like to do visualizations this would be a perfect opportunity to create
    or change your environment through visuals. Changing your self talk
    would also help.
    sunny
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri May 29, 2009 1:48 am

Thank you both!

I was able to at least temporarily resolve my immediate situation, with the help of my manager yesterday (and lots of prayer, and Reiki!) One of the things I did on a call that I had with this co-worker was remain emotionally neutral during a discussion where she was trying to assert the upper hand, and it clearly threw her off-balance. She had no choice but to conduct the rest of the call in a more subdued and cooperative manner. I felt more empowered because I had prayed and gave myself Reiki right before the call. I don't know that this will solve the issue completely, because she is who she is, but I do feel better knowing that Reiki is within me and surrounds me. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 29, 2009 1:55 am

Great! This looks like a real positive development, and it's really verification in a way of what folks like David wilcox say, imo. I'm so pleased for you, and dare i say it, i get the feeling (and hope) that this new expereince will snowball. Totally changing the reality of the whole thing.

Fantastic news!

thanks for the update, Smile,
    wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 29, 2009 2:31 am

I was able to at least temporarily resolve my immediate situation, with the help of my manager yesterday (and lots of prayer, and Reiki!) One of the things I did on a call that I had with this co-worker was remain emotionally neutral during a discussion where she was trying to assert the upper hand, and it clearly threw her off-balance.

GO DRAGON!!

Spiritual protection 134201
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:27 pm

Sounds like this woman has some real insecurities and feels extremely threatened by you.

Sometimes the best way to address people like this is to confront them outright and ask them why they are acting the way they are towards you..
    But this is easy for me to say cos I am quite a confrontational kinda gal. Twisted Evil
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:28 pm

and Hellooooo Wayne, I finally made it here!! cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:33 pm

OMG! About bleeding time you made it here Sharon! Warm Welcome.

BTW, after sharon & I debating on Reiki4all bout protection (she said it wasn't needed, i stubbornly argued it was), i decided to see what she was talking bout.

Two years later, i still havn't used protection (still got only two kids, hehe!), and i'm pefectly fine!

Many thanks,
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:38 pm

hehe..perhaps we should call you Jaffa...

and it's been two years!!??!! Shocked
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:hehe..perhaps we should call you Jaffa...

and it's been two years!!??!! Shocked

yeah, think it's two years since i've used protection in Reiki, hehe. Just wanna be clear here!

Think it was from my 'demonic possession' tale on Reiki4all. you'd simply came out and said you never use protection in Reiki, that everything you need you get from God/divinity (whatever term you used).

I thought, 'what the heck, how can that be?'. So tried it out. I'm still alive now, and no 'dark forces' have gave me the cold or anything, hehe.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:46 pm

glad to hear it! and I remember than looooooooooong drawn out thread!! ahahahaha
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:48 pm

yeah, it's not like me to do long posts on forums, is it?

I'm slightly more concise now. not much though! lol!

that topic turned into a nightmare itself. Folks in public & private questioning the validity of my expereince, or, my perception of it. It really helped me in my perosnal journey.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Aye!! tis good to have a light shone in the places we don't care to look... it's good to have questioning minds that keep you on your toes...it helps to keep it real..

I read a great quote by Mother Meera about people who question and have doubts...I can't remember how it went but basically she was saying it's healthy to have doubts because it keeps you honest.

I'm married to the most practical and spiritually skeptical man on the planet, it used to drive me mad with frustration but now I see the balance created between us both..he helps keep me honest and I help him explore other possibilities and expand his perceptions a little.... but he would never admit that ahahahah
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:Aye!! tis good to have a light shone in the places we don't care to look... it's good to have questioning minds that keep you on your toes...it helps to keep it real..

I read a great quote by Mother Meera about people who question and have doubts...I can't remember how it went but basically she was saying it's healthy to have doubts because it keeps you honest.

Yeah, we've tried to bring that factor over from Reiki4All. albeit with just not as much angst i hope!

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    I'm married to the most practical and spiritually skeptical man on the planet, it used to drive me mad with frustration but now I see the balance created between us both..he helps keep me honest and I help him explore other possibilities and expand his perceptions a little.... but he would never admit that ahahahah

Sound slike you folks have a great partnership! My own missus is similar to your hubby. Drives me mad with frustration also.. "Why won't you open your eyes!" Is a common thought for me.. lol! .

Still, if one goes the Buddhist philosophical route. If someone is close to a very spiritual person, and they themselves aren't spiritual, there's more chance they will be, in the next life.

take care
    wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:26 pm

we do have a great partnership Spiritual protection 73993 been together 18 years, it works ( MOST of the time ahaha)

thing is he is not spiritual in the sense that he wants to explore other dimensions or his own divinity in anyway, he has no interest in 'god' or life beyond death, he says he'll worry about that when he gets there.......But he just simply lives a very simple and practical spiritual life....he works outside on the land working with nature and animals...is a wonderful father and a very decent human being...

he is actively spiritual but not activively seeking spirituality ( if that makes sense)he's living it, not seeking it..he takes the p*ss outa me by saying he is my guru in this lifetime here to be my teacher.... cheeky monkey!! hehe

anyway thats enough nice talk about the hubby, he'll come in tonight annoy me and I'll want to punch him!! ahahah..

been nice catching up, now I've finally registetred here, I'll drop by again....chow for now....
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:23 am

Welcome aboard, Shakti ~ Rising

Good to feel your energy posted here.

chi sunny
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:47 am

Thanky Thanky Bridget, nice to be aboard flower
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 am

Dragonfly wrote:Thank you both!

I was able to at least temporarily resolve my immediate situation, with the help of my manager yesterday (and lots of prayer, and Reiki!) One of the things I did on a call that I had with this co-worker was remain emotionally neutral during a discussion where she was trying to assert the upper hand, and it clearly threw her off-balance. She had no choice but to conduct the rest of the call in a more subdued and cooperative manner. I felt more empowered because I had prayed and gave myself Reiki right before the call. I don't know that this will solve the issue completely, because she is who she is, but I do feel better knowing that Reiki is within me and surrounds me. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

thats changing the nature of the engagement!
    Lois
    Lois

Post by Lois Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi all, another good Crystal is Tigers Eye, has great protective properties. Also Double Terminated Quartz. If you hold a DT Quartz in either hand it repairs and strengthens your aura. If your surrounding energy feild is strong with no dips or wholes, or thin then it helps you when you have to be in stressful situations. Also Labradorite and Fluorite are good for protecting you from negative energy, psychic attack
    A great visualisation I have also used is mirrors around me, it will delflect things back.
    I hope you dont mind me saying too, but be careful with crystals and salt water, the salt can sometimes scratch them, especially some of the softer stones, you can actually give them Reiki to cleanse them too Very Happy

Hmmm seems I am a bit behind!!! This was back in May!!! Hope things are much better for you know DragonFly
    Love Light and Hugs xx

oh dear I really am behind Laughing
    Lois
    Lois

Post by Lois Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Glad things are better! Hugs x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 pm