Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Can a person 'remove' the attunements they got?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Can a person 'remove' the attunements  they got? Empty Can a person 'remove' the attunements they got?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:05 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I am spewing out questions like a broken vending machine... Laughing

(It is a phase, I think.....)

If a person wants to 'remove' their attunements, will they be able to do it?
    unattune themselves?

I have had beau...tiful attunements, some more special than the rest. It is not for me.
    I have come across the topic before, just curious to know what happens then?
    With all the rich discussions here about QP and vibrations and such, I am wondering how it will work out...

study

Thanks ya'll

@QQQQQQ0
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Can a person 'remove' the attunements  they got? Empty Re: Can a person 'remove' the attunements they got?

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:22 am

People claim to be able to this. I don't know how to myself, which doesn't mean it can't be done.

I know in Usui Reiki, the symbols are within us, and become active at different times when we use Reiki, whether we draw them or not. I';m not sure how they could be took back out. I guess since they were put in, if someone could 'see', they might be able to.

BTW, you're gonna be over-taking me pretty soon in posting! you'll prob be our first 1000th post member, automatically making you a 'senior member', Very Happy
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Can a person 'remove' the attunements  they got? Empty Re: Can a person 'remove' the attunements they got?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:23 am

People claim to be able to this. I don't know how to myself, which doesn't mean it can't be done.

I know in Usui Reiki, the symbols are within us, and become active at different times when we use Reiki, whether we draw them or not. I';m not sure how they could be took back out. I guess since they were put in, if someone could 'see', they might be able to.

Some seem to actively seek out to 'remove' attunements. scratch
    It will be awesome if anyone who has done that could explain the 'hows' and the 'whys'.

BTW, you're gonna be over-taking me pretty soon in posting! you'll prob be our first 1000th post member, automatically making you a 'senior member', Very Happy

Twisted Evil alien
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:23 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:...Some seem to actively seek out to 'remove' attunements. scratch
    It will be awesome if anyone who has done that could explain the 'hows' and the 'whys'.

As to 'Why?'(1)

- some thoughts from AETW.org

Reiki Initiations are… Forever?

In my opinion, the frequently-repeated notion that "once Reiki initiation is given, it can't be undone" came about partly as a misunderstanding of something Takata-sensei used to tell her students.

In response to voiced concerns (arising out of quite common and understandable insecurity on the part of many fledgling students), she frequently had to reassure people that once they had received Reiki (initiation) from her, it would stay with them always - they would never lose it - it would not disappear (- accidentally, as it were)

[Though, in saying that Reiki would stay with them always, she did warn her students, they would never lose it as long as they did not attempt to pass the Reiki ability on to another person without having been trained in the proper method of doing so.]

Over the years the belief that Reiki would stay with students was reinforced by each new generation of Reiki masters…

However, the inference grew beyond Takata-sensei's meaning, to also mean that the initiation was something that could not be intentionally undone - could never be reversed. Period.

Yet this unsubstantiated belief in itself may well have been born out of yet a deeper insecurity…

Afterall, what if an initiation could actually be intentionally reversed/undone/negated?

Could someone (a Reiki Master, with the necessary understanding) possibly 'de-initiate' a student
    - against their wishes?

There have, for example, been cases of Masters 'disowning' students for various reasons, e.g. where a student has chosen to modify the way they present/practice/teach Reiki or perhaps the student is acting in ways considered unethical by the Master etc. In such instances, the Master might deny the student permission to cite the given Master in their lineage.
    But what if the Master could reverse the initiation - actually neutralise the Reiki ability within the student?

And beyond such (whether seen as 'legitimate' or otherwise) punitive use of 'de-initiation' - what about possible unethical use..?

If followed, this line of thought could open up a whole new can-of-worms...
    And so the very idea that, once having been initiated, an individual could possibly (willingly or otherwise) be 'de-initiated', was made anathema.
    It just didn't bear thinking about…

Yet, while Takata-sensei had assuaged her students' insecurities - re-affirming that they would not lose their Reiki ability - as far as I can be certain, she never actually said anything about not being able to intentionally 'undo' the initiation - particularly if the student wanted it to be undone...

Wanted it…?

But why on earth…

Well, for one thing, how about simple freedom of choice: the right to change our minds; the right to evolve, or even ( - if as many do, we see Reiki initiation as an upward step - small or otherwise - in our 'personal evolution' -) our right to 'devolve' again, if we so choose.

In our life journey there are things that we are drawn to / things that are drawn to us - come to us for specific purpose - are necessary in our lives for a time - then, having helped us in a certain way, must be released, enabling us to progress, develop, evolve into new dimensions of our journey.

Is it not conceivable that Reiki can be such a thing - that (much as it may now be hard to imagine) there may come a point in our individual journey that Reiki is no longer meant to be part of that journey - that we are no longer meant to be part of Reiki's journey…

Must not there be the option to release the 'connection', the initiation?

Of course there must.

Anything else would be less than in keeping with the spirit of Reiki....

_________

As to 'Why?' (2)

the following is an extract from Jeffrey Martin's The Complete Guide to Reiki' (available freely on line)...

"...The importance lies in the need to be discriminatory with the energies you become attuned to. Many willed healers who become attuned to energies such as Reiki lose their ability to channel their original energy. Reiki takes its place, and adds a great deal to it, however the initial period of adjustment can be difficult as often a great deal of the healer's ego is tied to his or her ability to "command" energy. Because in Reiki, the client draws through us what they need, it is very difficult to consciously direct any part of the Reiki current. This can be a change that some people have difficulty with.
    A similar problem can be encountered by Reiki practitioners that attempt to acquire (or "collect") attunements to many different energies. In many cases, the initial series of attunements you received with your Reiki training are all that you will ever need to become a very accomplished healer. They can be easily expanded upon simply by using them. With use comes growth and opening. With opening comes the ability to channel whatever additional energies are needed. While it can be very beneficial to receive attunements into other energy systems, it is important to know the nature of what you are being initiated into. ...
    Attunement to energy has become big business in the New Age community. Many people are out there with their own systems and series of initiation. Because of this, the Institute and its instructors received a sizable amount of requests for help from people wishing to become un- or deattuned from an energy or system. This often occurred because it was literally making them sick."

As to 'how?'

- from Jeffrey Martin's The Complete Guide to Reiki'

"In late 1994, an Institute trained master in Colorado named Tom Brown devised a step by step deattunement procedure. We take each deattunement case on a person by person basis, however Tom's procedure is very nice and can easily be adapted to take care of a large number of the problems out there. Because of this, I have decided to publish it in this volume.

A TOOL FOR REMOVING A SYMBOL AND ENERGY
    BY: THOMAS J. BROWN, TRM
    with assistance from Jessica C. Saunders, TRM and Michael McDonell, TRM

1.Situation: Student does not accept or want part of or any of a given energy.
    2. Tried Solution: Identify the nature of the problem. The student makes their intentions known to their guides by reading the following aloud. I state your full name three times, ask all of my Guides, Reiki Guides, Masters, Ascended Masters, Angels, Archangels, and beings of the HighestVibration of Divine Love and Light, to guide me on my path of Reiki Enlightenment. This in the name of Mother Father God. Thy will be done. This or something better. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
    3. Meditation by both student and teacher as follows. The meditation will last from 20 to 30 minutes. Set the mood with music, candlelight, incense, etc. Sit in chairs facing each other. The student will use the name of the POWER symbol as a mantra. The Teacher will use the name of the USUI MASTER symbol as their mantra.
    Close your eyes, take in a deep breath, exhale repeating your mantra to yourself three times. Take in another deep breath, exhale repeating your mantra to yourself three times. Take in another deep breath, exhale repeating mantra three times silently. Take in another deep breath and as you are doing so, envision a silver white mist moving out from the middle of your head (third eye), moving up to your crown chakra, exhale and again repeat the mantra three times silently. Take another deep breath and envision a door opening up at the top of the white mist, while doing this picture your mantra symbol moving out from the middle of your head (again, from the third eye), up to above the mist, and down through the door, down through the mist, and down through all of your chakras (see the door close behind the symbol), exhale and again repeat the name of your mantra three times. From this point on, take in normal breaths and exhale saying your mantra three times silently. After a while you may find that your mantra will disappear. You may have a vision, or receive an intuitive insight in any number of ways. All of these things are perfectly acceptable.
    4. After the meditation sit and stretch. Exchange feelings between yourself and your student.
    5. Have your student read the following release aloud: I state your full name three times, ask all of my> Guides, Reiki Guides, Masters, Ascended Masters, Archangels, and Beings of the highest Vibration of Divine Love and Light to assist me in this process of removing a Sacred Symbol and its Sacred Name and its Energy from by being. [Pause to allow the process to begin, feel it happening. Then say the following paragraph three times.] I state your full name, Renounce, Renounce, Renounce the state the symbol name three times and the energy it produces and represents from my being. Allow time for this to occur. When you feel that it has repeat the above paragraph for each symbol to be removed, then say the following. I do this in the name of Mother Father God. Thy will be done. This or something better. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. This procedure is an excellent framework to use. Obviously like all frameworks it may be altered to suit your specific belief system and needs. I have tested it and found it to work very well. Nearly all benevolent spiritual helpers only wish to assist us if we truly want their help. This process specifically states that their help is not requested, and that any commitments placed upon them by energetic processes, such as attunements, are null and void. It gives them permission to leave and go assist others who do want their help...."
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:05 am

As to 'Why?'(1)

But why on earth…

Is it not conceivable that Reiki can be such a thing - that (much as it may now be hard to imagine) there may come a point in our individual journey that Reiki is no longer meant to be part of that journey - that we are no longer meant to be part of Reiki's journey…

Must not there be the option to release the 'connection', the initiation?

Of course there must.

Anything else would be less than in keeping with the spirit of Reiki....

_________

As to 'Why?' (2)

As to 'how?'

any commitments placed upon them by energetic processes, such as attunements, are null and void. It gives them permission to leave and go assist others who do want their help...."
    [/quote]

Thanks , James!!!

This made me so so sad! Sad
    Specially the meditation was heartbreaking.. like grief... Sad ( just reading through it...)

Can a person 'remove' the attunements  they got? 6907

I hope people don't have to do this...

Last edited by thehungrycaterpillar on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:33 pm

This is somewhat related, but not long after I was attuned to Reiki, I also received my basic certification in Pranic Healing. (I was interested in Pranic Healing, because it was the form of energy healing I was introduced to when I was in India that eliminated some wicked back pain I was experiencing.) Anyway, the PH teacher was also a Reiki Master. She told me that she practiced Reiki for a while but started having problems with it (sounded like symptoms of a "healing crisis") and couldn't resolve it. Once she learned PH, the symptoms resolved and she decided after that to practice PH only. She was actually quite negative in her comments where Reiki was concerned, and felt that PH was a "better" system of healing. (I have to say that didn't exactly endear her to me.)

I don't know her entire story, but it is possible that if she got attuned by a teacher who didn't provide ongoing support (which she seemed to need since she clearly cherished the guru relationship she established with Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui, the founder of PH) that when she started experiencing energetic and emotional/physical shifts in her body that were uncomfortable, she might not have known how to deal effectively with them. So, although she did not want to undo her attunements, she obviously felt she no longer had any use for them because she found a healing system she preferred.

To each their own.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:23 am

Sad
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Can a person 'remove' the attunements  they got? Empty tx

Post by vijaybali Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:09 am

dear Rlei_ki,

tx for such valuable information.

vj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:01 am