Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

what is karma.

vijaybali
    vijaybali

what is karma. Empty what is karma.

Post by vijaybali Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:31 pm

hai friends,

The Natural Law
    The theory of karma harps on the Newtonian principle that every action produces an equal and opposite reaction. Every time we think or do something, we create a cause, which in time will bear its corresponding effects. And this cyclical cause and effect generates the concepts of samsara (or the world) and birth and reincarnation. It is the personality of a human being or the jivatman - with its positive and negative actions - that causes karma.
    Karma could be both the activities of the body or the mind, irrespective of the consideration whether the performance brings fruition immediately or at a later stage. However, the involuntary or the reflex actions of the body cannot be called karma.

Your Karma Is Your Own Doing

Every person is responsible for his or her acts and thoughts, so each person's karma is entirely his or her own. Occidentals see the operation of karma as fatalistic. But that is far from true since it is in the hands of an individual to shape his own future by schooling his present.
    Hindu philosophy, which believes in life after death, holds the doctrine that if the karma of an individual is good enough, the next birth will be rewarding, and if not, the person may actually devolve and degenerate into a lower life form. In order to achieve good karma it is important to live life according to dharma or what is right.

Three Kinds of Karma

According to the ways of life chosen by a person, his karma can be classified into three kinds. The satvik karma, which is without attachment, selfless and for the benefit of others; the rajasik karma, which is selfish where the focus is on gains for oneself; and the tamasik karma, which is undertaken without heed to consequences, and is supremely selfish and savage.
    In this context Dr. D N Singh in his A Study of Hinduism, quotes Mahatma Gandhi's lucid differentiation between the three. According to Gandhi, the tamasik works in a mechanic fashion, the rajasik drives too many horses, is restless and always doing something or other, and the satvik works with peace in mind.
    Swami Sivananda, of the Divine Life Society, Rishikesh classifies karma into three kinds on the basis of action and reaction: Prarabdha (so much of past actions as has given rise to the present birth), Sanchita (the balance of past actions that will give rise to future births - the storehouse of accumulated actions), Agami or Kriyamana (acts being done in the present life).

The Discipline of Unattached Action

According to the scriptures, the discipline of unattached action (Nishkâma Karma) can lead to salvation of the soul. So they recommend that one should remain detached while carrying out his duties in life. As Lord Krishna said in the Bhagavad Gita: "To the man thinking about the objects (of the senses) arises attachment towards them; from attachment, arises longing; and from longing arises anger. From anger comes delusion; and from delusion loss of memory; from loss of memory, the ruin of discrimination; and on the ruin of discrimination, he perishes".

thanks and regards
    vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

what is karma. Empty Re: what is karma.

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Wrong place buddy, Smile . I'll move it for you.
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

what is karma. Empty karma

Post by vijaybali Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 pm

hai Milarepa,

Tx,

I have one another confusion if i want some topic related to stone where i put because there is not heading for Gem stone and it is also very very important part of reiki.If space problem than put with gallery.

Pls. not mind

thanks and regards.
    vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi buddy!
    If what you're writing is gonna be directly about Reiki and the use of gemstones or crystals, you can put it in 'Reiki general', or the 'healing expereinces' section perhaps.

If it's about only gemstones, or crystals, but no use of Reiki, please place it in the coffee bar, Smile .

Thanks VJ, and keep posting!

Wayne
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:18 am

hai,

tx

vj
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 am

Interesting thoughts on Karma.

It is also interesting, and perhaps a cyclical argument...

That when one begins approaching their life with detachment as in the "The Discipline of Unattached Action" explained, one essentially removes themselves from the laws of Karma.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:52 am

They'll deal with their accumlated karma if they accept (when it appears) it with no judgment. if they don't, it will come back again & again. So i'm tolf, at least, hehe.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:39 am

Milarepa wrote:They'll deal with their accumlated karma if they accept (when it appears) it with no judgment. if they don't, it will come back again & again. So i'm tolf, at least, hehe.

But that's what moving beyond Karma is. When you accept happenstance without judgment and without attachment to the final outcome, then you create or collect zero Karam (and infinity at the same time.) You move beyond the system of Karma. You are no longer beholden to it.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 am

i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm elaborating in simple terms on somethng you wrote, Smile
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:08 am

hai friends,

I am adding little more to understand the karma.

[center]The Concept: Material Karmic Particles[/center]

In Jainism, karma is referred to as karmic dirt, as it consists of very subtle and microscopic particles that cannot be perceived by our senses i.e. pudgala that pervade the entire universe. [4] They are so small that one space-point (smallest possible extent of space) contains infinity raised to the power of infinity karmic particles. These material Karmas are called dravya karma and the resultant emotions of pleasure, pain, love, hatred etc are called bhaav karma i.e. psychic karmas. The relationship between the material karmas and psychic karmas is that of cause and effect. The material karmas give rise to the feelings and emotions in the worldly souls, which, in turn, cause the influx and bondage of fresh material karmas.
    Karmic matter is actually the agent that enables us (our consciousness) to act within the material context of this universe. When attracted to our consciousness, they are stored in our interactive karmic field i.e. karmic sharira. They are attracted to the soul on account of vibrations created by activities of mind, speech and body and stick to the soul due to various mental dispositions. Thus the karmas are the subtle matter surrounding the consciousness of a soul. When these two components i.e. consciousness and karma interact, we experience the life as we know it at present.

Mechanism of Karma

Karmas are often wrongly interpreted as a method for reward and punishment of a soul for its good and bad deeds. In Jainism, there is no question of there being any reward or punishment, as each soul is the master of its own destiny. The karmas can be said to represent a sum total of all unfulfilled desires of a soul. They enable the soul to experience the various themes of the lives that it desires to experience.[1] They ultimately mature when the necessary supportive conditions required for maturity are fulfilled.[4] Hence a soul may transmigrate from one life form to another for countless of years, taking with it the karmas that it has earned, until it finds conditions that bring about the fruits. Similarly, heavens and hells are often viewed as places for eternal happiness or eternal damnation for good and bad deeds. But according to Jainism and some other Dharmic religions, they, including earth, are simply the places which allow the soul to temporarily experience its unfulfilled desires.
    For example, a person who is good and virtuous all his life indicates a latent desire to experience good and virtuous themes of life. Therefore, he attracts karmas that will ensure that his future births allow him to experience and manifest his virtues and good feelings unhindered. In this case, he may take birth in heaven or in a prosperous and virtuous human family. A person who has always indulged in immoral deeds with a cruel disposition indicates a latent desire to experience cruel themes of life. As a natural consequence, he will attract karmas which will ensure that he is reincarnated in hell to enable him to experience the cruel themes of life unhindered, as the environment in hell is conducive of such life. There is no retribution, judgment or reward involved.

Thanks and love all of you

vj
    chuglet
    chuglet

Post by chuglet Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:10 am

This is something I have been thinking a lot about recently, so I enjoyed reading what has been written..
    Edgar Cayce defined karma as simply "meeting yourself" Which I take to mean as the realisation of and facing of the consequences of all actions, decisons, thoughts and choices..it may act over the span of several lifetimes or be a quick acting reflex, but it is always there to teach and aid, to give the individual a better mirror with which to see themself..
    In Cayce's viewpoint, one is never condemned to meet the self even in a so-called karmic debt. "Karma is simply a force which brings us forward in exchange for a more constructive attitude and subsequent action.But somehow we rebel at the idea that we must pay for what we have done. We'd rather point a finger at someone else. So most of the time, we insist on meeting that karmic debt to ourselves through our associations with others"
    While he doesn't spell it out exactly, one gets the feeling that he is only referring to karma and human existence here..There doesn't appear to be any alluding to transmigrational soul journeys into other species which VJ was talking about..I forget which Yogic book it was, though one of the old classic texts which said it took 80 lakh livesbefore we actually made it to human form(1 lakh is 100000, so that is 8 million lives!)..and the Dalai Lama said to look upon each living thing as one time having been your mother...
    I wonder though, can we ever truly be in a state where we aren't making, generating or accruing some kind of karma that Thaak mentioned while still existing on this plane?
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:14 pm

hai friends,

a saint she is telling her story that once she is passing the villages on the way they found one man with donkey and donkey was carrying many thing on his back and sometime when donkey stop on the way the man beaten his donkey by stick to move the donkey so this all story was looking by saint and their guru ji after watching all this saint guru ji stop for minutes and told this donkey was king in back life but due to his karma he become donkey and complited his karma cycle.

When this story told to me by saint i didn't believe but after come to reiki i relise that is truth means we across lot of life than we become human.

So when we continue our spiritiual practise we can also see karma of other that reason saint capable to see backlife of donkey......

So after all this i get more believe on karma.

thanks and regards
    vj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:03 am