Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Experts translate germs 'talking'

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Experts translate germs 'talking' Empty Experts translate germs 'talking'

Post by Milarepa Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:55 am

How come Reiki can be a catalyst for the death of communicating life-forms.

Scientists have been watching bacteria "talk" and are even starting to translate their language.

Researchers in the US used an advanced imaging technique to observe signalling molecules being exchanged between bugs.

Next they plan to develop a "bacterial dictionary" that will reveal exactly what the microbes are saying.

Study leader Dr Pieter Dorrestein, from the University of California at San Diego, said: "Scientists tend to study the metabolic exchange of bacteria... one molecule at a time. Actually, such exchanges by microbes are much more complex, involving 10, 20 or even 50 molecules at one time. Now scientists can capture that complexity.

"Our ability to translate the metabolic output of microbes is becoming more important, as they outnumber other cells in our body by a 10 to one margin. We want to begin to understand how those bacteria interact with our cells. This is a powerful tool that may ultimately aid in understanding these interactions."

Bacteria communicate by secreting molecules that give other bugs messages such as "stop growing", "I need more nutrients" or "come closer, I can supply you with nutrients".

Other signalling molecules may have the effect of turning off the body's defences.

The researchers are using a technique called imaging mass spectrometry to map hundreds of bacterial interactions.

They hope the work, reported in the journal Nature Chemical Biology, will aid drug discovery.

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091108/tsc-experts-translate-germs-talking-4b158bc.html
    Thaak
    Thaak

Experts translate germs 'talking' Empty Re: Experts translate germs 'talking'

Post by Thaak Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Milarepa wrote:How come Reiki can be a catalyst for the death of communicating life-forms.

I keep hearing people use this argument. Many times its in reaction to whether Reiki can cause harm or not. I want this argument to stop, entirely.

I think it is one of the biggest fallacies when talking about Reiki (right next to the one that says Usui was attuned to Reiki by an ancient Tibetan master.)

Reiki isn't even a catalyst for death.

The reason bacteria can live in a human body, is because the body becomes out of balance to become a life-supporting arena and breeding ground for the bacteria. All Reiki does is help us to bring ourselves back into balance, so that the bacteria no longer have a place to eat, sleep, procreate, or poop anymore.

Do they die? Maybe. More likely they just move on though. Usually as we sneeze the last remnants of sickness and mucous out onto some shiny surface so the next out-of-balance schlub can pick them up.

I can hear the communication now... "Hey, guys, hurry up! Blast-off in 3... 2... 1..."

I wonder what molecule says, "get on this mucous blob so we can land in Sally's hair!"
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Milarepa wrote:How come Reiki can be a catalyst for the death of communicating life-forms.

Scientists have been watching bacteria "talk" and are even starting to translate their language.

Researchers in the US used an advanced imaging technique to observe signalling molecules being exchanged between bugs.

Next they plan to develop a "bacterial dictionary" that will reveal exactly what the microbes are saying.

Study leader Dr Pieter Dorrestein, from the University of California at San Diego, said: "Scientists tend to study the metabolic exchange of bacteria... one molecule at a time. Actually, such exchanges by microbes are much more complex, involving 10, 20 or even 50 molecules at one time. Now scientists can capture that complexity.

"Our ability to translate the metabolic output of microbes is becoming more important, as they outnumber other cells in our body by a 10 to one margin. We want to begin to understand how those bacteria interact with our cells. This is a powerful tool that may ultimately aid in understanding these interactions."

Bacteria communicate by secreting molecules that give other bugs messages such as "stop growing", "I need more nutrients" or "come closer, I can supply you with nutrients".

Other signalling molecules may have the effect of turning off the body's defences.

The researchers are using a technique called imaging mass spectrometry to map hundreds of bacterial interactions.

They hope the work, reported in the journal Nature Chemical Biology, will aid drug discovery.

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091108/tsc-experts-translate-germs-talking-4b158bc.html

Hi Wayne,

Do you mean directly, or indirectly responsible?

Smile RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:38 pm

whatever one thinks themselves, hehe.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Thaak wrote:...The reason bacteria can live in a human body, is because the body becomes out of balance to become a life-supporting arena and breeding ground for the bacteria.

I feel it is important to remember that bacteria can (and do) also live in a human body that is in perfect balance
    - in fact a great many bacteria are vital to enabling and maintaining that balance.

Smile

For millions of years we have lived in a symbiotic relationship with these micro-organisms; now scientists are attempting to understand their 'language?

Maybe it's just me, but it kinda reminds me of the Star Wars concept of 'Midi-chlorians'

Qui-Gon Jinn wrote:"Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you."

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:42 am

It's all about acid /alkaline
    an over acid system breeds all
    kinds of dis-eases in the body.
    When I balance my immune system
    I do not have to worry about the
    person next to me sneezing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm