Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+10
Rlei_ki
Pandora
Rob Spiller
papakeri
LightBody
Serenelight
JohnC
Dragonfly
Thaak
Milarepa
14 posters

How long is your Level 3 training?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

How long is your Level 3 training? - Page 3 Empty Re: How long is your Level 3 training?

Post by Milarepa Wed May 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Pandora wrote:lol... I just had a vision of Ramsbottom Reiki! Oh dear... it does't quite have the same ring to it as Usui Reiki!

Laughing

On a serious point, if what I teach is not Usui Reiki, then what is it? Is it Reiki at all? Not even if I do the Reiki attunements and teach the hand positions and the Reiki history and symbols?

It can't be Usui sensei's system if it's not his system you are teaching, Smile. It's uncomfortable for us to accept that, i know it was for me. that's the bottom line though.

This is only my opinon, but if one was lucky enough to be taught what Takata sensei taught, then it's Usui sensei's system. This isn't the same as learning from the Reiki Alliance either neccessarily.

If a person has the connection to Reiki, and the principles, we know that was a part of Usui sensei's system. And yeah, the symbols are an integral part. When one starts to teach things liek chakras, angels, etc, although there's nothing wrong with that, the system is changed, so it's not longer Usui sensei's, Smile. It's at this point that usually, what is being taught is renamed. Or, at least, should be, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

How long is your Level 3 training? - Page 3 Empty Re: How long is your Level 3 training?

Post by Pandora Thu May 14, 2009 12:16 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Pandora wrote:lol... I just had a vision of Ramsbottom Reiki! Oh dear... it does't quite have the same ring to it as Usui Reiki!

Laughing

On a serious point, if what I teach is not Usui Reiki, then what is it? Is it Reiki at all? Not even if I do the Reiki attunements and teach the hand positions and the Reiki history and symbols?

It can't be Usui sensei's system if it's not his system you are teaching, Smile. It's uncomfortable for us to accept that, i know it was for me. that's the bottom line though.

This is only my opinon, but if one was lucky enough to be taught what Takata sensei taught, then it's Usui sensei's system. This isn't the same as learning from the Reiki Alliance either neccessarily.

If a person has the connection to Reiki, and the principles, we know that was a part of Usui sensei's system. And yeah, the symbols are an integral part. When one starts to teach things liek chakras, angels, etc, although there's nothing wrong with that, the system is changed, so it's not longer Usui sensei's, Smile. It's at this point that usually, what is being taught is renamed. Or, at least, should be, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

Thanks for that clarification, Wayne. I can teach my Reiki Level 1 course next week now knowing it is Reiki that I teach! Doesn't sound like it's Reiki that I practice, though! What a Face
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 14, 2009 1:56 am

Pandora wrote:Thanks for that clarification, Wayne. I can teach my Reiki Level 1 course next week now knowing it is Reiki that I teach! Doesn't sound like it's Reiki that I practice, though! What a Face

You're teaching AND practicing Reiki. It's just a somewhat different version of the Reiki that Usui Sensei taught. If we get too rigid in our hierarchies, we can stifle our own growth. There is no one "right" way. My two cents.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Dragonfly wrote:
    Pandora wrote:Thanks for that clarification, Wayne. I can teach my Reiki Level 1 course next week now knowing it is Reiki that I teach! Doesn't sound like it's Reiki that I practice, though! What a Face

If we get too rigid in our hierarchies, we can stifle our own growth. There is no one "right" way. My two cents.

Yes, it's certianly not about 'hierarchy'. It's about accurately portraying what we're teaching, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu May 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Pandora wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Laughing

Take care
    Wayne

Thanks for that clarification, Wayne. I can teach my Reiki Level 1 course next week now knowing it is Reiki that I teach! Doesn't sound like it's Reiki that I practice, though! What a Face

It' still 'Reiki' that's being taught, and practised. After all, is Jikden not Reiki? Is Komyo not Reiki? Yet, Jikiden isn't Komyo, Smile. Reiki is a generic term for a collection of styles. When one attributes a founders name to a style, it should mean it's his style.

If on the other hand, one can suggest since Usui sensei is in the lineage, that gives the right to use his name, then that logic would mean all Reiki styles are Usui Reiki.

I think he'd have something to say about that, hehe.

take care
    Wayne
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 am

Milarepa wrote:If on the other hand, one can suggest since Usui sensei is in the lineage, that gives the right to use his name, then that logic would mean all Reiki styles are Usui Reiki.

I think he'd have something to say about that, hehe.

take care
    Wayne

I was taught Reiki using the William Lee Rand manual, but my teacher added in the chakras, which are not emphasized at all in the WLR training. (He may have learned that from his teacher.) I was told it was Usui Reiki, and given what I'm reading here, what I learned basically is, with the exception of the chakra work.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 15, 2009 1:34 am

It's my understanding that all forms of Reiki use
    the ULFE. Some folks have attached and adapted
    Usui's base to meet their own style preference of
    presenting Reiki. I find it can get complicated when
    teaching a student who has been taught by another
    Reiki teacher who's style has had add on's that I do
    not teach.I do not feel that the student has been
    taught the wrong way just a different way.

sunny
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri May 15, 2009 2:53 am

chi_solas wrote:I do not feel that the student has been
    taught the wrong way just a different way.

sunny

I totally agree with you.

I understand the desire to return to an "authentic source" and it can be useful to learn about those origins and practices. But that doesn't mean that what has been adapted since then because of teacher preference or insight is wrong. All spiritual practices and healing work will undergo some changes and transformation as they are used and reinterpreted for their community and times. I think what's most important is to respect the gifts that Usui Sensei, Dr. Hayashi, Mrs. Takata and others have shared and made available to the world.

What I enjoy about going to Reiki circles is the exposure to different techiques or ways of approaching working with Reiki that are not identical to what I've learned.
    Violet Rose Reiki
    Violet Rose Reiki

Post by Violet Rose Reiki Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Thaak wrote:
    Dragonfly wrote:Thanks guys! I just wanted to make sure I heard that distinction because I have heard/read many different interpretations about what benefit one would receive from multiple attunements. I very much like the idea of sharing. Very Happy

For me, receiving another attunement to something I've already been attuned is just another chance to receive a very nice blessing. Certainly something that is fun to share with someone.

I like this idea, especially since it is said that Usui Sensei practice reiju (blessings/reattunement) each time he was with his students.

We can never receive too many blessings!

Rose I love you
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:46 am

This is where I am right now
    and
    You guys have already covered it beautifully!!

XOXOXO

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 pm