Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
chi_solas
Lambs-Wool
Reikijim
7 posters

Group Therapy...Another Definition

Reikijim
    Reikijim

Group Therapy...Another Definition Empty Group Therapy...Another Definition

Post by Reikijim Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi Ya`ll

I was wondering if anyone has ever participated in a scenario similar to this?

A client who wants a Reiki treatment for whatever reason...

A practitioner to conduct the treatment in person...

10 Reiki people to channel Reiki(distance) to the practitioner while he is treating the client.

This scenario popped into my head on my drive home from work this evening. I think it would make for an interesting experience for all involved. I would really like to know what the practitioner conducting the treatment might experience.

Smile RJ
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Group Therapy...Another Definition Empty Re: Group Therapy...Another Definition

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:15 pm

hi RJ Smile

theoretically as per my perception permits, reiki is channelled to patient/client 'directly' from the bunch of the people doing it reomtely... i.e., the practioner present 'in person' does not become the vessel for reiki flowing from remote practioners to that ultimate recipient...

however, a very intriguing thought though Smile, the practioner present in person gets personal healing/reiki, by being in the indirect focus of serveral remote practioners channeling the energy...

what we must clear to ourselves here, in my opinion, is that the in-person practioner is unlike the medium in spirit operators' gathering... nothing passes 'through' him like that medium...

Smile

i liked the topic RJ Smile

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:45 am

I know that with every session I do solo
    I'm also receiving energy. I've been
    involved with Reiki Shares where several
    folks work on one receipient.

I've been involved in sending healing energy
    at the same time as many other folks to the
    same person on the morning of an operation.

I know I've probabley gone in the opposite
    direct of the original question Group Therapy...Another Definition 850837
    If you are going to experiment with this
    thought. Why not line up 10 folks to send
    Reiki to you as you facilitate a Reiki session. santa
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 am

chi_solas wrote:I know that with every session I do solo
    I'm also receiving energy. I've been
    involved with Reiki Shares where several
    folks work on one receipient.

I've been involved in sending healing energy
    at the same time as many other folks to the
    same person on the morning of an operation.

I know I've probabley gone in the opposite
    direct of the original question Group Therapy...Another Definition 850837
    If you are going to experiment with this
    thought. Why not line up 10 folks to send
    Reiki to you as you facilitate a Reiki session. santa

Hi Bridget,

I would like to try it Bridget, yet my work is moving me around too much right now. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, I can make it happen...

Smile RJ
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi RJ Smile

theoretically as per my perception permits, reiki is channelled to patient/client 'directly' from the bunch of the people doing it reomtely... i.e., the practioner present 'in person' does not become the vessel for reiki flowing from remote practioners to that ultimate recipient...

however, a very intriguing thought though Smile, the practioner present in person gets personal healing/reiki, by being in the indirect focus of serveral remote practioners channeling the energy...

what we must clear to ourselves here, in my opinion, is that the in-person practioner is unlike the medium in spirit operators' gathering... nothing passes 'through' him like that medium...

Smile

i liked the topic RJ Smile

take care

salman

Hi Very Happy

Well, ok so nothing passes through him. Some would say nothing goes anywhere in Reiki but that`s another discussion... Smile

So I`m wondering if we could learn anything about the power of intention with in reiki practices through the scenario that i described. I thought it might be interesting, if the energies sent remotely were to be directed towards the in-person practitioner. At that point he would begin to treat the client and discover what happens.

#1 What would be the affect on the client from the practitioner`s direction intention to channel everything towards the client?

#2 what would be the affect on the client when the practitioner remains passive with no intent?

Does anything perceptual change for either person?

It would seem at times, that we have only our experiences as individuals to look toward for answers. Everyone perceives things on different levels in this, yet we can arrive at a common place sometimes.Very Happy

Smile RJ

Last edited by Reikijim on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 am

you're exploring whether absent healing gave to a practitioner whilst they're treating someone, in turn has an accumalative effect on the individual recipient they're treating?

It'd seem more 'economical' maybe for the 11 practitioners to simultaneously treat the initial recipient. Although an experiment like this could give other indications such as the nature of the Reiki expereince itself. For that reason alone, it's very interesting. If this idea of your's ever develops Jim, i'll put my name forward as one of the 10 doing the absent treatment for the practitioner.

Coming up with new ways of looking for answers, that are also fun & beneficial for everyone involved, is a really good concept! Much applause for this topic!

Take care
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:43 am

Milarepa wrote:you're exploring whether absent healing gave to a practitioner whilst they're treating someone, in turn has an accumalative effect on the individual recipient?

It'd seem more 'economical' maybe for the 11 practitioners to simultaneously treat the initial recipient. Although an experiment like this could give other indications such as the nature of the Reiki expereince itself. For that reason alone, it's very interesting. If this idea of your's ever develops Jim, i'll put my name forward as one of the 10 doing the absent treatment for the practitioner.

Coming up with new ways of looking for answers, that are also fun & beneficial for everyone involved, is a really good concept! Much applause for this topic!

Take care
    Wayne

Hi Wsyne,

this could give other indications such as the nature of the Reiki expereince itself

That`s exactly what i`m talking about...There are a number of things that could be learned through such experiences.

I think this is doable, it`s just my work schedule preventing it from happening right now...a couple of weeks possibly...And yes for sure Wayne, it would be great to have you involved Very Happy I have a level one student that would like to participate as the client receiving the treatment, and i will of course ask others here at this site to help...input from all would be a great thing...sounds fun!

Smile RJ

Also: If others here at the site can make this happen sooner, than that`s great also...no one has to wait for me...nudge,nudge,wink,wink
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:51 am

Cool. It might take a bit of organising. If the 10 were to absent heal whilst the other practitioner was also treating. Cause of time difference. I'm ok even with US/Canada time, cause i'm a glorified insomniac, and anyhow, i love nothing better than sitting at peace watching some scientific/spiritual documentary, so i'm good to go no matter a time difference!
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Milarepa wrote:It'd seem more 'economical' maybe for the 11 practitioners to simultaneously treat the initial recipient.

Eh. I've been involved in both in-person sessions and telephone sessions where -- at least during parts of the sessions -- one or more practitioners boosted another practitioner, who in turn worked directly on the "initial recipient." This tends to work particularly well when the practitioner who works directly on the recipient has a strong personal connection to the recipient -- maybe an ongoing relationship like friendship, or parent/child, etc. It can also work well when the direct practitioner is particularly adept at sensing changes in the recipient's condition and can make adaptations in the flow of the energy. Oh, and it's also a good option when one of the "boosting" practitioners is overly sensitive to the recipient's condition and would experience some of the recipient's symptoms if in direct contact.

On the other hand, the big advantage of having everyone work directly on the recipient, at least for in-person work, is faster coverage of treatment areas. (Maybe that's what you meant when you mentioned "economical?")

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi Bruce,

Bruce wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:It'd seem more 'economical' maybe for the 11 practitioners to simultaneously treat the initial recipient.

Eh. I've been involved in both in-person sessions and telephone sessions where -- at least during parts of the sessions -- one or more practitioners boosted another practitioner, who in turn worked directly on the "initial recipient."

Is this in Reiki or Qigong?

Bruce wrote:
    On the other hand, the big advantage of having everyone work directly on the recipient, at least for in-person work, is faster coverage of treatment areas. (Maybe that's what you meant when you mentioned "economical?")

I was really pre-empting what others might think, was gonna come back and clarify but got held up watching a new Steven Segal film, hehe. I was interested more with looking at the nature of Reiki. Sure though, if i was relaying the words to me, i'd have to mean your above quote (when i think of my own views). I don't neccesarily feel Reiki has to move, in a linear way, so prob i could go with what you're also saying, in that when a person raises their consciousnes (in treating a loved one, or your own boosting experience) that this will acentuate the expereince of the initial recipient. We're taught this in QT also, which i know you've read about in the manual.

Take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Bruce wrote: I've been involved in both in-person sessions and telephone sessions where -- at least during parts of the sessions -- one or more practitioners boosted another practitioner, who in turn worked directly on the "initial recipient."
    Wayne wrote:Is this in Reiki or Qigong?

At some Reiki shares, where a version of the technique known as Reiki Mawashi is used as a means of giving (distance) treatment, one practitioner (usually the Master heading-up the Reiki share) stands at the center of the circle and performs the distance treatment, while the others 'generate' and circulate the current of energy which is projected to the 'treatment giver'.

The version of Mawashi mentioned here (which I have encountered at some 'western' style Reiki Shares) may well have been influenced by a group projection method used by many Wiccans; however similar practices are also found in several other healing traditions.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 am

yeah i'm familiar with a version of Reiki Mawashi in Arjava's DVD, Smile.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

Eh. I've been involved in both in-person sessions and telephone sessions where -- at least during parts of the sessions -- one or more practitioners boosted another practitioner, who in turn worked directly on the "initial recipient."

Is this in Reiki or Qigong?

Reiki for the in-person sessions. Qigong for the telephone sessions. (The choice of modality was just based on what the other people practiced.)

Bruce wrote:

I was really pre-empting what others might think, was gonna come back and clarify but got held up watching a new Steven Segal film, hehe. I was interested more with looking at the nature of Reiki. Sure though, if i was relaying the words to me, i'd have to mean your above quote (when i think of my own views). I don't neccesarily feel Reiki has to move, in a linear way, so prob i could go with what you're also saying, in that when a person raises their consciousnes (in treating a loved one, or your own boosting experience) that this will acentuate the expereince of the initial recipient. We're taught this in QT also, which i know you've read about in the manual.

Also similar to QT, although I don't think my reiki teacher was familiar with QT, is a hand-stacking method that we sometimes used, especially for serious conditions like cancer. Sort of like lining up a group of batteries in series, rather than in parallel.

Bruce
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:54 am

Its an interesting Idea Jim, and I think its always great when we feel inspired to experiment and play around, experimentation is the best way we learn.

Personally I don't enjoy group healings.... I been in a couple of situations where I ve had at least two or more people around me 'offering' healing..... but quite frankly I felt their human presence far more than I did their spiritual..I don't like it at all...nor do I like to share healing.....I prefer just one on one.....incidently to touch upon James' comment about Reiki Mawashi I had a very vivid impression /'vision' once whilst healing...I was surrounded by a circle of friends in Spirit, all directing their healing energies towards me, in turn that circle of friends were surrounded by a larger circle of friends directing their energies toward the inner circle, in turn that circle was surrounded by an even larger circle........and so it went on, circle beyond circle... beyond my sight.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 pm