Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Another Newbie

midwayislander
    midwayislander

Another Newbie Empty Another Newbie

Post by midwayislander Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 am

Hi, everybody.
    I'm new....well, of course you already knew that. Anyway, my real name is Mary. I first started learning Reiki in 2006 when I took it as a course in my massage school. Since my first attunement, I've thought almost of nothing else. I live to offer Reiki. In 2008, my husband died. That same year, I received my level 2 Reiki attunements. This past February 5th, I received levels 3/4 and am now able to refer to myself as a Reiki master/teacher. But I still feel like such a baby in this field. I often question my worthiness.....is that normal????
    I am still is school for massage therapy, working toward an associate degree in holistic health practices. To be honest, a this stage of my life (I'll be 60 in July), I don't really care if I finish school. All I want to do is offer Reiki. I'm currently volunteering for a local hospice and I've seen the miracles of Reiki.
    This lounge is just what I've been searching for to give me the guidance and encouragement I need. I hope I prove worthy of associating with you!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Another Newbie Empty Re: Another Newbie

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 am

Hi Mary,
    Warm welcome! Sorry to hear bout your husband. Not that anything could make an event like that 'better', but did you find Reiki was of any benefit/comfort for you?

Re: worthiness. Oh yeah, lots of us have felt that. It's cause of how much in awe we are of the beauty the Reiki experience brings, it's really a privalege for us, isn't it?

Your massage work would be complimented by Reiki, so it's a good mix actually! Massage for one aspect, in conjunction with Reiki for deeper treatment, Smile.

Warmest wishes
    wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 am

Welcome Mary!
    What a grand name you have Smile
    My mother was a Mary.

I am sure that you have found Reiki
    a comfort during your grieving. Sad
    Hospice is a wonderful place to give
    Reiki sessions.

The more you use Reiki the better you
    become. You gain more experience with
    every session you give. Especially when
    you go into nursing homes and hospitals.
    Here in Boston and other Hospitals in US
    cities, volunteer Reiki is offered through
    organized hospital programs.

Don't forget to Reiki animals and Plants. Another Newbie 78411 flower

Reiki is really the name of the system that
    we use to facilitate ULFE. bounce sunny
    midwayislander
    midwayislander

Post by midwayislander Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 am

Thank you both for the warm welcome!
    Actually, yes, I did and do find Reiki a wonderful source of comfort for me. And, in the last hours of my husband's life, I offered Reiki to him. I know it made his transition easier. He had Alzheimer's disease but had never forgotten who I was. In the last couple of days, he had been in a coma. Nonetheless, that last day, after my last Reiki session on him, he opened his eyes, said "I love you" and then just died. I know that happened because of the grace of Reiki and God so I would find comfort.
    I can't tell you how relieved I am to find that others also wonder if their Reiki is really "working" at times!
    And, yes, I do offer Reiki to animals! (I have three dogs and two cats) I've had dogs come up to me at the dog park and actually turn into me as if they wanted me to touch them in certain areas. I always happily comply. And when I do distant Reiki for animals, one of my cats (a tuxedo named Robin) is always right there ready to act as the surrogate!
    I willl include Reiki with my massage therapy but, I must admit, Reiki is deffinately my path and my life!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 am

Care giving for Alzheimer's disease
    is a 48 hour round the clock challenge.

Reiki works even when you not looking.
    layers are always peeling we have just
    got to be patient confused

Cats & dogs are so natural to helping us
    heal. I'm glad to see nursing homes allow
    them to visit. cat

I prefer massage therapist, chiropractors,
    nurses,to be Reiki trained. I would not
    give up massage school folks will appreciate
    your Reiki as a plus. sunny
    midwayislander
    midwayislander

Post by midwayislander Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:42 am

Thank you for that encouragement. It always helps me keep motivated to continue on when I have kind people point out the advantages!
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi Mary, good to meet you.

I became a Certified Massage Therapist in 1993, first being trained in Shiatsu, and later Swedish, Sports and Deep Tissue. From 2002-2005 I practiced full time as a self-employed medical massage therapist. Repetitive stress started to take its toll on my hands, so I changed careers and now write for a living.

I became a hospice volunteer in 1993 as well, and offered Reiki to many during their transition, both hands-on and distance. My personal belief is that providing Reiki to someone while they die is one of the most personally transformative experiences a person can ever experience, and as you believe and have experienced, will help make the persons transition to the other side easier. It's emotionally painful, but in a beautifully transformative way.

I think that the description of where you are at right now is common, and a very healthy place to be. I received my RM(T) in 1993 when there was considerably less literature available, and like you, was honest about my situation: I realized that there was a tremendous amount of information out there that I did not know... and today I know that there's even more information out there that I don't know, and that's cool because it keeps me learning! hahaha.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. It's a wonderful place, and I look forward to learning with you.

Buck
    midwayislander
    midwayislander

Post by midwayislander Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Buck, thank you so much. Actually, I do love massage. I specialize in Hawaiian lomilomi, hot stone, and Tui Na. I did not want to even learn Tui Na but it seems I was being "forced" into that direction! The gods were keeping me from studying cranio-sacral by just not letting it fit into my schedule. Now that I'm studying Tui Na, I actually love it. And I will continue on with my studies and get my degree so I can blend all this with my Reiki. I also am specializing in Jin Shin which my instructor believes may be a part of the original Reiki. I don't know if it is or not but I do know both procedures make me feel like I'm helping people.
    When I first decided to learn Reiki, a friend of mine and my late husband's, Joe, had come to live with us to help me care for my husband. He's from the Bay Area and mentioned a friend of his named Jeanne did "something called Reiki" for a hospice group in the Bay Area. When I found out what Reiki was and that it was being taught at my school by a Reiki master, I knew I just had to learn it.
    I'm going to enjoy learning from and with all of you here!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Mary

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Reiki is indeed such a wonderful path, even with its ups and downs, sharp turns and sometime one-way streets!

I have been practicing Reik since 1998 and, like all of us, I am still learning.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:37 pm