Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Kundalini, Karuna, and Usui Reiki

midwayislander
    midwayislander

Kundalini, Karuna, and Usui Reiki Empty Kundalini, Karuna, and Usui Reiki

Post by midwayislander Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:36 am

This is probably going to sound terribly stupid and I'm ashamed to admit it but I really have no idea what Kundalini and Karuna Reiki are. I know what the kundalini is and I'm sure I can look places on line to find out information about both kundalini and karuna reiki but thought I'd ask here to get the real facts.
    How do these two methods differ from Usui Reiki? Isn't Dr. Usui the founder of the Reiki system? Question
    Thanks for educating me!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Kundalini, Karuna, and Usui Reiki Empty Re: Kundalini, Karuna, and Usui Reiki

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:48 pm

midwayislander wrote:This is probably going to sound terribly stupid and I'm ashamed to admit it but I really have no idea what Kundalini and Karuna Reiki are. I know what the kundalini is and I'm sure I can look places on line to find out information about both kundalini and karuna reiki but thought I'd ask here to get the real facts.
    How do these two methods differ from Usui Reiki? Isn't Dr. Usui the founder of the Reiki system? Question
    Thanks for educating me!

I practice simple Usui Reiki.
    I look forward to hearing and
    learning about other Reiki styles.
    I'm sure there are Kundalini and
    Karuna Reiki folks on board that
    can enlighten how our practices
    are different study
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm

midwayislander wrote:This is probably going to sound terribly stupid and I'm ashamed to admit it but I really have no idea what Kundalini and Karuna Reiki are. I know what the kundalini is and I'm sure I can look places on line to find out information about both kundalini and karuna reiki but thought I'd ask here to get the real facts.

Hiya, the founder of Kundalini Reiki is a member here, Ole. Checkout this topic in which he let u sknow more bout it...

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/reiki-general-f24/how-did-your-kundalini-attunements-cleansing-go-t96.htm?highlight=kundalini

midwayislander wrote:
    How do these two methods differ from Usui Reiki?

In everything, Smile. Initiation process, application, and expereince. to me they're then different. Not saying in a good or bad way, but if things are different at every major point, it gotta be different, Smile.

midwayislander wrote:
    Isn't Dr. Usui the founder of the Reiki system? Question
    Thanks for educating me!

yeah, founder of what can be generically described Usui Reiki.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks for educating me!

Hi Mary

Here is some information about Karuna Reiki, from a page where you can also find out more about some of the various other styles of Reiki and energy healing systems:

http://www.lifepositive.com/Body/energy-healing/reiki/reiki-masters.asp

Karuna Reiki

Lineage: William Rand

Origin:
    Here is a description of Karuna Reiki®️ by the founder, William Lee Rand: "I did not originally intend to create a new system of Reiki, but starting about 1989, I began being given non-Usui Reiki symbols which were claimed to have benefit. I filed these symbols away along with the attunement processes that were included with some of them and also begin experimenting with some of them. After a number of years, I had quite a collection and many of my students began asking me about these "additional symbols" and wanting to know if they should use them. In the winter of 1993, I gathered together a number of my best students many of whom were spiritually sensitive, to experiment with the additional symbols, try them out and decide which were the most useful. We asked for guidance and through this process came up with a set of symbols that seemed to have the best energy. We also experimented with an attunement process to go with them. Later I was guided in the further development of the attunement process and this eventually evolved into a new system of Reiki. Throughout the process, I prayed for help from the Higher Power and asked that I be connected to a healing energy that would be of greater benefit. I did not channel any of these symbols myself. They came from other Reiki masters. One of these masters was Marcy Miller. In 1995, I was guided to more clearly define the system and to name it Karuna Reiki®️ which can be defined as the Reiki of Compassion... While some of the symbols in Karuna Reiki®️ are the same as those used by other schools and systems, because the attunements are different and the intention is different, the energies that are connected to Karuna Reiki®️ are unique to the system."

Degrees:
    Both levels are taught only to Reiki Masters in one, 3 day class by the Center. 2 attunements, one for each level, 9 symbols (non-Usui), plus 1 traditional and 2 Tibetan symbols (names, meanings, usage) are given, Violet Breath, chanting, and meditation are included. It can also be taught as a practitioner training for those who do not want to teach.

As you can see, not all styles of Reiki originate from Mikao Usui, although they usually appear very similar in actual practice to the casual observer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:15 pm