Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
sittingfox
6 posters

Distance Reiki not working

sittingfox
    sittingfox

Distance Reiki not working Empty Distance Reiki not working

Post by sittingfox Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:50 am

It seems that my Distance Reiki does not have any effect. Crying or Very sad
    Any suggestions for me? Should I get another attunement?
    Hands-on works great! Always good results reported by my clients. But the Distance Reiki I have sent to friends seems to be useless, so I don't dare offer it to clients!

Please give me some advice.

TIA, Distance Reiki not working 307123
    Jill Johnson ~The Reiki Lady
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Distance Reiki not working Empty Re: Distance Reiki not working

Post by Milarepa Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 am

when you say it doesn't have any effect do you mean there's no sensation on the other persons part?

this the same with different people, as you wrote 'freinds'?

What technique are you using? I'll go into this more after your reply, Smile.

can i ask what type of training you had, in-person or distance? (this is to do with initiation only)

another initiation shouldn't be needed. To mantain a strong connection to the Reiki expereince, it's preferable to expereince Reiki every day by our own actions, our, as close to that as we can. treating others a lot also helps. Another initiation should be took when there's questions regarding the existing ones. Which there prob won't be since you said in-person treatments are ok.

If anything, experience can be more pronounced with absent healing. So the techniuqe your using could be a key factor. When i started using the technqiue Takata sensei taught, folks reported an amazing experience. My whole being focused on the treatment, and carried this out with action sof a full treatment.

What are your thoughts on absent treatment anyhow? Which is more preferable to you, in-person or absent? sorry if that sounds patronising, i'm asking for specific reasons, and going by my own expereince of how it all changed for me, Smile

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    sittingfox
    sittingfox

Post by sittingfox Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:32 am

Hi Wayne,

By no effect I mean that no one experiences anything. No changes, no feelings, nothing at all. I have one friend who is particularly sensitive to energy and senses nothing also. I have sent distance reiki to more then one person.

I've used different techniques: I have a stuffed bear that I've used as the person, using the distance symbol and the intention of sending healing reiki. Also have written their name on paper, drawing the symbol and sending reiki, or visualizing them in my hand, drawing the symbol and sending reiki.

My training and attunement was all done in person.

I try to do gassho, meditation, and self-reiki everyday. Although some days I do miss.Sad

I do much prefer to do in-person, hands-on treatment. But I have family in other states, so that is not an option. Some clients can not come to the office, so I really need to be able to offer distance reiki.

Thanks Wayne for always being here for us and posting so quickly with responses!

Jill
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 am

Hiya Jill,

sittingfox wrote:Hi Wayne,

By no effect I mean that no one experiences anything. No changes, no feelings, nothing at all. I have one friend who is particularly sensitive to energy and senses nothing also. I have sent distance reiki to more then one person.

This is good. Well, not good exactly, but good to know, it's similar to my experiences, so i can talk better bout it.

sittingfox wrote:
    I've used different techniques: I have a stuffed bear that I've used as the person, using the distance symbol and the intention of sending healing reiki. Also have written their name on paper, drawing the symbol and sending reiki, or visualizing them in my hand, drawing the symbol and sending reiki.

This reply is kinda not gonna be in exact order, cause the questions i asked were in wrong order, hehe, sorry.

what style are you? Reason why i ask is to do with this next technique, and the reason it's important i'll say later in response to a comment you made further down.

have you tried Takata sensei's absent healing technqiue? For me it's the one technique that made a world of difference with the recipeints. Here's the technqiue:

ENKAKU CHIRYO
    'Distant Treatment' or 'Distant Healing'
    Copyright ©️ 2006 James Deacon

There are various methods for performing Enkaku Chiryo.

The following is the primary method taught by Takata-sensei:

What is now generally referred to as Distant (or Distance) Healing/Treatment, Takata-sensei spoke of as "Absent Healing".
    [She used the term Local Healing for hands-on work.]

Takata-sensei taught that for absent healing, if you don't know the person (to be treated) you need to get a picture - with a clear image of their face - so that you can visualize them when you close your eyes. [You do not use the photograph when doing the healing treatment, only to see what they look like so you can clearly visualize them]

Close your eyes. Call their name three times as you concentrate on the image of that person [in your mind]. Write the HSZSN on their 'forehead', followed by the CKR. "Then everything is set for you to treat"

Takata-sensei's method is very much in line with the 'see it, say it, do it' approach.

We should visualize giving a full treatment and actually do that treatment in the air. Do the positions for the head, then the front of the body (large CKR over the torso), then the back (large CKR starting at the left shoulder, then all the way down the back), giving a running commentary to the client as to what you are doing, e.g:
    "I start the treatment on your head. I'm treating your eyes; your sinuses; [etc, etc] Now I'm treating your front: your chest, [etc, etc]. Now I'm turning you over, treating your back... your lumbar area, [etc, etc]. Now I'm rubbing your back.[At the end of the treatment we should rub the back to aid the circulation.] Now I am finished"

In performing an absent healing treatment, the treatment is [solely] sent to the client: the practitioner does not receive treatment as well.

For absent healing, the treatment should only be thirty minutes as it is a concentrated treatment. Switch off the phone. Do what you can to ensure you won't be disturbed. You don't want your concentration scattered.

If giving absent healing treatment daily, by the third day or fourth day you can reduce the length of time you are treating for: twenty minutes is enough.

Treat only one person at a time. A maximum of three people in succession [i.e. during any one session]

Takata-sensei said she preferred to do absent healing early in the morning (5.30 -6.00 am) because the energy was 'higher'.

She spoke of doing absent healing treatment, and of 'sending' good thoughts. [She did not talk of 'sending Reiki energy']
    Source: http://www.aetw.org/d_enkaku_chiryo.htm

This technqiue, using the photo etc, and going through the whole tihng as a treatment, is you actually giving much more focus and connection to the person, this can result in a more pronounced expereince.

sittingfox wrote:
    My training and attunement was all done in person.

Cool, we know it's likely not a lack of training, or half-assed attunement then, Smile.

sittingfox wrote:
    I try to do gassho, meditation, and self-reiki everyday. Although some days I do miss.Sad

This is still very good!

sittingfox wrote:
    I do much prefer to do in-person, hands-on treatment.

Excellant! IMO, this is where the issue lies. Cause it did for me as well some time ago!

I preferred to do hands-on treatments also. I was having good results in-person, though not so good distance. This then created doubts within me. I began to feel sub-consciously that in-person was the more optimum approach. And this would actually make distance less effective. IMO, in Reiki perception is everything. It really does dictate our depth of experience.

when i began to study some quantum physics, and realised that there's nothing actually seperating you & I, Jill (for example), and that Reiki never actually moves anywhere (cause in quantum physics nothing moves anywhere, ever), that it just appears, things began to get more clearer for me.

when i also began to realsie that HSZSN is to do with mindfullness, and, imo, the true essense of being (mindfullness) is that all is one, whether i treated in-person or distance, it was only a matter of my limited perception, and not a matter of reality. AS HSZSN strips away my limited awareness in a sub-conscious way, i was realising internally (by using HSZSN) that there is no seperatedness, so all Reiki treatments are 'in-person' actually!

Also, Takata sensei advised to only do 3, 20 mins absent treatments in a row, that it was too concentrated. IMO, this supports that our illusions are borke down internally, so actually the limting beleifs we have no longer apply, this makes the absent treatment much more effective than our in-person one.

sittingfox wrote:
    Thanks Wayne for always being here for us and posting so quickly with responses!

Thankyou for being here for me, Smile. You make me think of Reiki, and that helps me & my family.

Now get posting more, so we can all take advantage of your wisdom please! heart smiley

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:59 am

FWIW, I usually do distant treatment as if the recipient is right there in front of me, and that's the method that also tends to give me the most information in feedback. Good luck!

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 am

you're going through an actual treatment then also? Any personal theories as to why this way is more different?

Do you folks in Qigong do it this way? Assuming you do distant heal, i expect you do.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 am

Milarepa wrote:you're going through an actual treatment then also?

Yes, that's right.

Any personal theories as to why this way is more different?

My best guess is that it uses the same sort of specific intent as in hands-on treatment. Although the stuffed-bear technique that Jill mentioned could do that too. More abstracted methods don't have the same specificity of intent, so far as I've been able to see.

Here's an example of the difference. My reiki teacher gives his students a method of enclosing the distant recipient in a 3-D "grid" of reiki. When I've done things that way, I haven't gotten back information about the recipient. By contrast, when I've done distant treatment as if it were hands-on, then I've tended to "see" the recipient's condition, such as a liver that's become darker (turned out to be bile backing up from an overgrown stent), or congested energy around an ovary (turned out to be a blood-filled cyst on the ovary).

Do you folks in Qigong do it this way? Assuming you do distant heal, i expect you do.

The ones about whom I know, do it this way. I think it's because we approach distant healing as an extension of hands-on work. I don't personally know many who do distant-healing qigong, though, so take my description FWIW.

Bruce
    sittingfox
    sittingfox

Post by sittingfox Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 am

Thank you Wayne, & Bruce.

I will try Takata's way and see what happens, and also change my thinking to know that there is no time and space, really, so everything happens "now". I thought I was doing that, but maybe not as well as I could. Just realizing also that I always am wondering if it is working when sending. Duh! Thanks for lighting my path!

Oh, I was trained in USUI Reiki.

Distance Reiki not working 307123

Jill
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 am

don't mention it Jill. what kinda Usui Reiki? Usui Shiki Ryoho?
    sittingfox
    sittingfox

Post by sittingfox Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:33 am

I don't really know! scratch My certificate says Usui/Tibetan Reiki? In none of my classes did they ever say anything but USUI Reiki....????? My last Reiki Master Teacher also attuned us to Sekhem Reiki, but there wasn't much information given on it. I don't use it, at least I don't intend to. I like tradition, so go with as much as I can learn or comprehend of Dr. Usui's methods.

Not sure if this answers your question or not!
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 am

Jill,

Have you tried doing a distant-healing session by telephone? Just a thought, picking up on another thread on this discussion board.

Bruce
    sittingfox
    sittingfox

Post by sittingfox Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:13 pm

no,never tried over the telephone. Do you think that would make a difference and if so, why would it be different? Because there is some sort of contact being made?
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:24 am

sittingfox wrote:no,never tried over the telephone. Do you think that would make a difference

I don't know whether it would make a difference in the results for your sessions, but it's helped in some of mine, and apparently in that of some others who were worked upon by other healers.

and if so, why would it be different? Because there is some sort of contact being made?

Possibly. The contact might also have to do with more specific focusing of intent. We were speculating on this on pages 2 and 3 of the Kunlun Nei Gung thread of this discussion board.

Bruce
    sittingfox
    sittingfox

Post by sittingfox Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:30 am

Thank you Bruce. I will look into it! sunny
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:14 pm

sittingfox wrote:It seems that my Distance Reiki does not have any effect. Crying or Very sad
    Hands-on works great! Always good results reported by my clients. But the Distance Reiki I have sent to friends seems to be useless, so I don't dare offer it to clients!

strangely enough, I have had much more profound results with distance work than with hands-on work. I have had results with hands-on, just not ground-shakingly profound.

I would just keep practicing and try not to worry so much about results. Don't allow yourself to be attached to the outcome. Sometimes the help and results are not dramatic or obvious, yet they are still there.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:19 pm

One other suggestion I would make (and this does hit on what Bruce suggested in doing a session over the phone) is that your client, family member, or friend, find time to sit back and actively receive the Reiki. It doesn't necessarily have to be at the exact same time you do it, although doing so will certainly help with validation.
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 pm

sittingfox wrote:It seems that my Distance Reiki does not have any effect. Crying or Very sad

I had a thought when I read this have you ever thought of working with a healing ball, visualize a beautiful ball it may almost be similar to an orb, she is your ball, she may look how you would like her to look, channel your healing lovingly into the ball, when you have completed the channeling seal the ball as you would a hands on healing, and then lovingly watch the ball float to its destination....
    might be worth a try

happy healing! blessingsxxx
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:43 am

I used to be hesistant to do distance Reiki because I am not a strong visualizer and often wondered, "Is anything really happening?" I would still send it but I didn't feel that connected to the process.

Then I had the opportunity to send distance Reiki to a friend of mine in FL who had a torn meniscus and was in a lot of pain. She couldnt't get around very well and with 4 kids at home, she was feeling a bit of stress about her situation. So we agreed to set aside time where I would send her Reiki and she would be somewhere that she could quietly receive. We did this and I followed the basic structure of Takata Sensei's distance healing protocol. I could visualize very clearly what was happening energetically with her knee, including something going on in her shoulders that she hadn't mentioned to me. She clearly felt the Reiki working on her knee - and the next day, reported huge improvement in her comfort levels. We did a couple more sessions and she hasn't complained about her knee ever since.

That experience gave me a lot more confidence to do distance healing. I don't always follow the protocol - if someone says, "Please send Reiki" as a general request, then I just send it as if I was doing a focused meditation. But if we agree to do a distance 'session', then I follow the protocol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:59 am