Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Dharma
rzukic
6 posters

Absent Reiki

rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Absent Reiki Empty Absent Reiki

Post by rzukic Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:13 am

I am wondering if anybody had any experience with what happens if we are asked to “send” reiki to somebody and we agreed but forget to do so?!

Of course here I mean the absent reiki.

Would that person still receive reiki?

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Dharma
    Dharma

Absent Reiki Empty Re: Absent Reiki

Post by Dharma Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:43 am

when a soul requests for healing they are of course asking from the universe, and that is off course where it comes from, when we ask for healing it comes, that is our basic universal law, but perhaps where it becomes complicated is when we reach within universal law and that souls path, their journey. we as a channel we are divinly guided to work within our universal law.......so by that soul talking out loud and asking for healing it creates the flow ...just might not be from you whom they oridginally asked.
    i think the thing that you can always do in this case is to simply add them to your healing and prayer list.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:34 pm

rzukic wrote:I am wondering if anybody had any experience with what happens if we are asked to “send” reiki to somebody and we agreed but forget to do so?!

Of course here I mean the absent reiki.

Would that person still receive reiki?

Regards,

Resko

it's a very interesting topic Resko.

There's documented cases where folks have said healing still does happen. I think Wille Rand even done an experiment on this.

i've a theory/belief, that i've wrote about here in other topics. When the symbols are placed within us, we can access them sub-consciously. This is why our conscious act works. So if we are meant to treat someone at 8pm, and don't, maybe one of two things can happen. It's possible our sub-conscious could activate HSZSN and something happen, though that'd be so negligible as not to be worth mentioning.

Or, it's simply placebo. Placebo is a powerful tool used by western medicine very effectively. So it's not something that's inconsequnential.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:25 am

There are reports of it happening in other modalities too. E.g., Lawrence LeShan wrote of such an incident -- in which he was the requested absent healer, but forgot about it -- in his book The Mystic, The Medium, and The Physicist. The result was so good that the patient's doctor offered to write it up in an article, but LeShan confessed that he'd forgotten to do the healing. His take on it is that "Coincidence has a long, long reach." (It's been about 20 years since I've read the book, so the quote might not be exact.)

Among the possibilities that Wayne discusses, I'd guess that when it happens, it's usually placebo effect. If anybody could compare absent-healing results in a study format -- when the healer takes part, v. when the healer doesn't -- that would be very interesting.

Bruce
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 am

Wayne, Bruce:

Thank You for your response. You both have very interesting points. I wouldn't subscribe to the theory of placebo when we talk about reiki. Let me put a new twist on this by saying that I am closer to think that maybe placebo could be explained by reiki. Interesting? Let's see how far I can get with this Very Happy

Unless I have missed something it could be said that most of us here have two different approaches two the Reiki:

1.Reiki is ULE that is everywhere (in and around us)
    2.Reiki is spirit in action or something “within”

Now, the school medicine doesn't consider this and they only say that something ( placebo) happened and they were not responsible for that. As far as they are concerned this is when it ends but we know that one of two above things could have happened.

Now the question is of course how did “un-initiated” person gain access to the reiki. Must have something to do with sub-conscious mind, doesn't it. Little of topic but for instance I do not use alarm clock and I wake up always on time. I do not know how but I have intent to wake up at certain time and I always do. It seems that my internal clock works just fine, in oder words my sub-conscious mind carries out my request.

Would it be possible that the person who asked us for reiki could somehow with his intent set something in action? I assume that many of you have experienced that while we are in the hospital wait-room or have somebody sitting next to you in the plain or so, that there was reiki flow just as if we were in reiki session. Yeah, the person next to you was “stealing” reiki even though he/she might never have heard about reiki?!

Sure the question again is can this be done if we are far away from the person who asked us for the reiki. Considering that reiki isn't bound by time and space I think that it might be the case.

As to the absent healing result(s) when healer takes part vs when he/she doesn't I assume this is meant for “technical” side of it but not the healing itself since as long as we use reiki the healer shouldn't interfere but rather let reiki do the healing.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 am

rzukic wrote:Wayne, Bruce:

Thank You for your response. You both have very interesting points. I wouldn't subscribe to the theory of placebo when we talk about reiki. Let me put a new twist on this by saying that I am closer to think that maybe placebo could be explained by reiki. Interesting? Let's see how far I can get with this Very Happy

Hiya Resko, I was kinda making the case that when someone thinks they're experiencing something, it doesn't have to be Reiki, specifically since the technqiue hasn't took place yet. Let's see where you go with this, Smile.

rzukic wrote:

Now the question is of course how did “un-initiated” person gain access to the reiki. Must have something to do with sub-conscious mind, doesn't it. Little of topic but for instance I do not use alarm clock and I wake up always on time. I do not know how but I have intent to wake up at certain time and I always do. It seems that my internal clock works just fine, in oder words my sub-conscious mind carries out my request.

Back to my earlier paragraph, has this person accessed Reiki? I coudl send you healing right now, via quantum touch technqiues, but this isn't Reiki. Adn healing might still take place. All healing isn't Reiki, it's very specific, accessed in a specific way, experienced in a specific way. Many other forms of healing exist, including using personal energy.

rzukic wrote:
    Would it be possible that the person who asked us for reiki could somehow with his intent set something in action? I assume that many of you have experienced that while we are in the hospital wait-room or have somebody sitting next to you in the plain or so, that there was reiki flow just as if we were in reiki session. Yeah, the person next to you was “stealing” reiki even though he/she might never have heard about reiki?!

A person can't steal Reiki from us, Smile. If we're sitting next to someone, and feel sensation of Reiki in our hands, that's all that's happening. If we permit something else to happen after that, that's something else. I'm feeling Reiki right now in my hands, it happens when we talk of Reiki or think of it, or think of love, or compassion, this is cause we activate the symbols by our emotions. It doesn't mean that Resko is suddenly stealing Reiki form me, or that it's even 'going' to you.

rzukic wrote:
    Sure the question again is can this be done if we are far away from the person who asked us for the reiki. Considering that reiki isn't bound by time and space I think that it might be the case.

what if Reiki isn't bound by time, cause 'time' doesn't exist? And Space isn't important, cause of two things, though i'm not sur emyself which is most important. There is no space between myself and you Resko. and secondly, Reiki doesn't move or travel anywhere, there's no need for linear ways, it just appears.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 am

rzukic wrote:I wouldn't subscribe to the theory of placebo when we talk about reiki. Let me put a new twist on this by saying that I am closer to think that maybe placebo could be explained by reiki. Interesting? Let's see how far I can get with this Very Happy

It's interesting, but just speculative unless (maybe) someone who is very reliably clairvoyant could verify that the requester is actually receiving reiki.

Now the question is of course how did “un-initiated” person gain access to the reiki.

The question that should be answered first is whether the un-ininitiated person gained access to the reiki.

Would it be possible that the person who asked us for reiki could somehow with his intent set something in action?

Okay, that sounds like the general mechanism for placebo effect. But there's still a question about whether the action that you're talking about is one of reiki.

I assume that many of you have experienced that while we are in the hospital wait-room or have somebody sitting next to you in the plain or so, that there was reiki flow just as if we were in reiki session. Yeah, the person next to you was “stealing” reiki even though he/she might never have heard about reiki?!

This might vary from practitioner to practitioner. Occasionally my hands light up, but I don't notice any flow of energy to the other person in those sorts of situations. So I wouldn't say that anyone was stealing reiki through me in that sort of situation.

I question assertions about reiki not being bound by time and space. At this point in spacetime, I haven't seen anything that suggets it's any less bound than, e.g., electromagnetic waves.

As to the absent healing result(s) when healer takes part vs when he/she doesn't I assume this is meant for “technical” side of it but not the healing itself since as long as we use reiki the healer shouldn't interfere but rather let reiki do the healing.

Yes. The "technical side" is what's shown by things like the chart at this link: http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/janelle/energy/researchchart.htm

Bruce
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:19 am

Wayne, Bruce,

Thanks for the response. I enjoyed greatly reading it. Even though it might not be apparent seems that we agree on most if not all of the above points:

1.Yes, it is indeed very speculative! Hopefully one day somebody will be able to prove it Very Happy until than not much of the choice but to speculate based on personal experiences and preferences. We are all fully aware that what is good for me might not be good for you and vice-versa. And even what is good for me today might not be good good for me tomorrow.

2.You are both right, it could be any other energy (assuming that person is fortunate enough such as both of you and knows about QT {by the way I am in the process of learning it, thanks Wayne Very Happy } or other energy forms or if not it could easily be personal energy) of course unless Reiki is understood as “mother energy” (I made the term Very Happy it is cool though) that contains other energies in which case technically it would still be reiki. Veryyy coool and very speculative. Question

3.I do think that it is possible for people to gain access to Reiki (even to do self attunement(s)) beside the “traditional way”

Regards,

Resko

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 am

Resko, did you get onto the 2nd book yet? I havn't read it myself, and it's one of the books on my failed hard drive (it's ok, it's stored online in emails anyhow). I'm real interested in what folks report with the supercharging stuff.

Bruce, did you try the supercharging techniques?
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

[re. the second Quantum Touch book]
    Milarepa wrote:Resko, did you get onto the 2nd book yet? I havn't read it myself, and it's one of the books on my failed hard drive (it's ok, it's stored online in emails anyhow). I'm real interested in what folks report with the supercharging stuff.

I haven't, though perhaps I should. Much of it seems to be using specific colors to direct the use of specific frequencies, in something of the way that Choa Kok Sui's pranic healing method does (as described in his book Advanced Pranic Healing). But that sort of preselection from a spectrum of colors according to someone else's regimen hasn't tended to work as well for me as selection based on what just seems right at the time. When I codify from my own experience, I notice that it often doesn't match codified advice from others. (Call me a contrarian. Yeah, big surprise there.)

Something else that makes me skeptical about prescribed use of color associations is the way that some of us perceive conditions differently from each other. E.g., when I "view" a cancer tumor, I tend to "see" it as white. But a friend of mine "sees" it as black. Same condition, but very different sights when viewed. Extrapolating from that -- if I visualize something like a particular shade of orange when I send energy through my hands, am I sending the same frequency of energy as the author who prescribed that shade of orange for a particular condition??

BTW, I did look at the third QT book before demands of grading papers took over, and it looks very interesting.

Bruce
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 am

rzukic wrote:3.I do think that it is possible for people to gain access to Reiki (even to do self attunement(s)) beside the “traditional way”

People can definitely access reiki in other than the traditional way. But -- just to clarify -- I haven't yet experienced anything that leads me to think it's a common occurrence.

Bruce
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 am

Milarepa wrote:Resko, did you get onto the 2nd book yet? I havn't read it myself, and it's one of the books on my failed hard drive (it's ok, it's stored online in emails anyhow). I'm real interested in what folks report with the supercharging stuff.

No, I haven't yet. I am still at 1st.

Thanks Again.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:24 am

Bruce wrote:
    BTW, I did look at the third QT book before demands of grading papers took over, and it looks very interesting.

Bruce

The core transformation book? Ya know, i've had the dvd package for well over a year now, Johnc on here posted it to me, i keep meaning to actually do the damn thing, hehe, i always do other stuff. It interested me cause of looking in deep with, and finding root of addiction, and even sorting out allergies (i've got hayfever, maybe due to dairy milk). With summer coming up, i might actually watch it.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:02 am

I have a feeling that the definition for placebo will be evolving during the next decade or so (it happens to most words... and in the 12th century the word was related to the dead, in the 13th century it evolved to a term of flattery, and by the 18th century it entered the world of Western Medicine). I believe that the commonly understood current definition of placebo is an inert pill or remedy given to a patient. Last Thursday, I had a conversation with a Registered Nurse and we were discussing Reiki and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). He mentioned Western Medicine tends to view to Reiki and TCM as a placebo because a person heals themselves with their mind... and that is essentially what an inert pill allows (empowers?) a person to do.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:39 am

Buck wrote:Last Thursday, I had a conversation with a Registered Nurse and we were discussing Reiki and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). He mentioned Western Medicine tends to view to Reiki and TCM as a placebo because a person heals themselves with their mind... and that is essentially what an inert pill allows (empowers?) a person to do.

That matches my understanding of placebo. But the idea that reiki and TCM (at least, qi-healing w/ which I'm familiar) are placebos ignores studies that take placebo effect into account and find a significant difference. I like the chart at the following link because it notes both "positive" and "negative" study outcomes, as well as where there are concerns with study designs: http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/janelle/energy/researchchart.htm

Bruce
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 am

Bruce wrote:
    ...But the idea that reiki and TCM (at least, qi-healing w/ which I'm familiar) are placebos ignores studies that take placebo effect into account and find a significant difference. I like the chart at the following link because it notes both "positive" and "negative" study outcomes, as well as where there are concerns with study designs: http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/janelle/energy/researchchart.htm
    Bruce

I agree with you, and have reason to believe Western Medicine's attitude towards Reiki will be changing to a more favorable perspective within the next few decades. Reiki, specifically, is now being mentioned in college textbooks such as "Your Health Today" (published by McGraw Hill) as a complimentary medicine (that book has an entire chapter dedicated to alternative and complimentary medicine therapies which suggests Western Medicine is becoming more aware of their results--or need).

That's an excellent resource you have provided (I Zotero'd it to my archive of references). I would like to ask for your patience and continue a discussion about this topic during the last week of May in a new thread specific to statistical research. Creating a new thread allows us to keep the discussion on topic (should be obvious), and waiting until the end of May allows me time to complete my current college semester with less reasons to avoid looking at the class material (my mid-terms are next Monday, and after that pretty much all I will be doing is preparing for finals).
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:20 am

very interesting topic Smile and great insights Wayne, Resko, Bruce and Buck!

A reiki process assumes three players : the reiki person, the reiki and the reciepient/patient... Reiki person contributes intent, receipient contributes permission, once these two items are put in, a process starts which we call reiki... Reiki process is not the effect or result, it is the key player itself... When i start session i m only contributing intent... This intent is my command to myself to let myself open to the reiki experience.... This puts the symbols into action, they interact within receipient to elicit a response... This interaction is backed by permission of receipient...

The response is reiki.... Lets put all this into absent reiki's perspective....

I had promised my friend for absent reiki 8:00 pm next evening.... He had given me permission by anticipating it.... On the appointed time, i forgot, and lets say he also forgot.... Now what ? My view is that reiki process actually 'happened' as soon as we promised an appointed time with each other... This process happened in the moment when promises were exchanged, i mean, in NOW.... Thus, reiki happened right now, and not 8:00 pm next day... However, the effects became available to receipient only when he chose them to be.i..e at 8:00 pm and not before....

Like Resko said, he wakes up on appointed time, lets say, 7:00 am next morning... But his intent has occurred right now, i.e., on 11:00 pm the night before..... Otherwise, if his intent was executed right on 7:00 am to wake him up, who made that intent at that moment ? resko ? Nah, he was asleep then....

Intent is not something that may be 'stored' somewhere so as to be programmed to 'happen' at some later time... When we intend it in NOW, this is intent, when we intent it now but to happen some time later, it is our ego working Smile

I know my words appear strange to even myself atm, but why not enjoy the feel of flowing with thoughts for a fun Smile ? cheers

Take care

Salman

PS : what if we did actually an absent reiki session on appointed time? Would it have had same results... No, that is not the case... A reiki session is an interactive session. When we change hand positions, we are automatically shifting our intent from this moment to next moment, from this hand position to next hand position..... This produces effectiveness to the process....

Ever wonder why we need to 'start' a reiki session with a person whom we had given a session earlier ? I see, since we had 'stopped' reiki happening at the end of last session ? no? Then why a 'start' in this session when there had not been an 'end' in the last session ?
    ?

I feel when we start a new session, we are making a new thread of healing, without necessarily cutting down, and reuniting a new thread from the break off point... This brings empirical evidence, that even when a patient has stopped going for reiki sessions, he keeps contiued in using healing benefits of the sessions that had apparently stopped scratch

Smile

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some further thoughts)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:35 pm