Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
chi_solas
Colin
Lambs-Wool
7 posters

Black! what this colour says ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Black! what this colour says ? Empty Black! what this colour says ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed May 05, 2010 8:22 pm

hi friends Smile

we have an assignment of the colours of rainbow spectrum to different chakras...

any reason, that the colour black is not so associated with anyone ??

the people who see auras, often say 'i see a black tone on your head', or blackish element in your aura... etc. etc.

generally, and quite universally, the black colour is associated with negative things and energies... thats another topic, but what makes us to associate things such things with black ?

we associate wisdom with light, with colours, and often have a tendency to associate ignorance to darkness, the element of which is again black Smile

does black colour significes the 'absence' of some thing in the way white signifies as the presence of ?

and personally, what black colour puts effects on you ?

Smile

take care

salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Black! what this colour says ? Empty Re: Black! what this colour says ?

Post by Colin Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi friends Smile

we have an assignment of the colours of rainbow spectrum to different chakras...

any reason, that the colour black is not so associated with anyone ??

the people who see auras, often say 'i see a black tone on your head', or blackish element in your aura... etc. etc.

generally, and quite universally, the black colour is associated with negative things and energies... thats another topic, but what makes us to associate things such things with black ?

we associate wisdom with light, with colours, and often have a tendency to associate ignorance to darkness, the element of which is again black Smile

does black colour significes the 'absence' of some thing in the way white signifies as the presence of ?

and personally, what black colour puts effects on you ?

Smile

take care

salman

Interesting questions, Salman!

Colour is produced when objects absorb certain frequencies of light and the remaining frequencies are reflected, to be picked up by our eyes. For example, green plants are green because they absorb all the frequencies of light that they need for photosynthesis but green light is not used and is therefore reflected.

In my understanding, black occurs when no visible light frequencies are being reflected - usually because all the frequencies are being absorbed, in the case of a black object.

Black can be said to be the opposite of white, where all light frequencies are reflected back.

In this respect black is not a bad thing - it is no more "negative" or bad than the back is bad compared to the front!

In some circumstances, black can be said to be neutral. For example, wearing black clothes doesn't mean you are evil or that you are trying to absorb light from other people - it is usually just a neutral fashion statement (although folklore and Hollywood may try to portray black in a different way!).

Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed May 05, 2010 10:43 pm

Is black a color?

It has power to absorb light.
    Some folks think it makes you
    look thinner. It has a tone of
    authority. Rolling Eyes

It would seem that if seen in
    the aura it would be a sign of
    strength to the other colors
    that have not been absorbed and
    that something needs checking to
    balance the other colors not in
    the aura Black! what this colour says ? 850837
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 06, 2010 2:18 am

Thanks Colin and Bridget Smile

makes sense to say that colours are produced before our eyes when certain frequencies of white light are absorbed, and remaining un-absorbed frequencies have the combined effect of a particular colour...

this primarily makes a model where light has something that can be absorbed or can be reflected back (photons ? , i dont know)... like an un-answered question "where does reiki go" is a question that where does go that energy that is absorbed from the white spectrum by an object......

it means that darker objects like red, brown, black have absorbed lot more energy of light than the lighter shades ? but when we come to chakras if would appear that base chakras (having associated with darker colours) are usually considered less powerful than chakras associated with lighter shades like brow chakra and crown chakra... thi is somthing that made me wonder as i read through your reply Colin...

second thought, for something to have a 'colour' does it necessary that it has a physical mass ? i m ean to say that energy spirals of chakras are often seen as colours even when these are non-physical...

people who have experience with Chakras might be able to answer this question that do chakras have colours ? or that they emit energies that trigger same areas of our photo receptors in brain who report us that this is, lets say, red colour...?

there must be some wisdom in universe that everything has a unique colour... nature, for example, is such a masterpiece of different colours... earth is green, water blue, sky is also blue, and so on...

okay, the black colour... Bridget so aptly asked "is black a colour"... i also see that black is not a colour... it is a feeling of nothing or maybe a feeling of everything...

whenever we write something on paper, we start with a dot... the first touch of nib of the pen on paper is a dot...our knowledge, our communication, our thought process in writing originate from a dot...

in hypnosis, we have a classical exercise that starts by gazing on a tiny dot.... within time, white light start oozing from that black dot...we keep on increasing the size of the black dot, it becomes of a size of a small ball... and light engulfs it too...

so white oozing from black... what does it tell ??

similarly, when we switch off the light, and it is dark everywhere, we come to a startling point.... is it darkness an absence of white light, or darkness is the essence of presence, that is as it is, without the thanks of light being present to make its presence known to us...

black reprsents hollow too.. it reprsents mysteries too... we have black holes in the cosmos, from where nothing returns... it is a mystery whether they eat up everything or they just shift our realm to some other one...

we have bermuda triangle where every ship seems lost, is that a black hole too ?

one last question Smile sunlight reaches us through vacuum of trillions of miles... what we should assume : heat is the carrier of light, or light is the carrier of heat, since they come simultaneously? what is the catch?

i have a buddy who is totally blind... he says that when he has spiritual expriences, he sees light, and i asked how would he define light... he said something like air leaves from your mouth when you exhale... so, you see, the concept of light is so different with people having eyes and people who are blind...

i asked him again, when he visualizes things, how does he 'see' them, he told that he can feel boundaries of things... but he could not describe what he wanted to say, and for a moment when i tried what he meant, i felt 'one' with him... and i saw things like him, but without actually 'seeing' them...

that is a beautiful experience itself....... but, ah, there are no colours....

what an amazing feeling that if there is total complete dark, jet black, we no longer feel it is dark !!! Smile

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 pm

hiya Salman, please tie in your topic somehow with Reiki, as these sections are for that. As it stands, your topic is only bout chakras, which are vedic, Smile.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat May 08, 2010 11:04 pm

After I have facilitated a Reiki session
    and folks share their experience of what
    they were feeling or what was happening.
    A few have talked about seeing certain
    colors. Could that be that their aura is
    reflecting/mirroring what chakras' are or
    are not being activated. bounce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun May 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Topic moved. Topic creator posted a non-Reiki topic in Reiki section.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 10, 2010 2:56 am

ah, thanks Wayne... I was wondering where to put that topic.

Salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon May 10, 2010 11:33 pm

no probs buddy. although folks use chakras in Reiki, unless the topic is realted to a Reiki event, then a mention of chakras or colours isn't Reiki related. No probs talking bout those things, but the cohesive order of the forum is important, Smile
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon May 23, 2011 11:32 pm

For me the colour black being ascotiated with negative aspects has a lot to do with social, psychological imprinting over the years.

I've been reading a lot lately about the mysteries of the Dark Goddess ( mysteries of the dark moon, by demetra george)...and other material, ( wonderful stuff)..In Initiation, by Elizabeth B jenkins there is a wonderful piece about the Princess of The Black Light, when I read that I started thinking a great deal about Black Light, Very Happy

I have never 'seen' black patches of illness and disease in peoples energetic bodies......( I know for some people 'black' denotes areas of illness and imbalance-but I have seen people enveloped in very thick heavy grey energy, dense and mucuous -like) again in Initiation, an shaman mentions that they do not say 'negative' energy, but heavy energy...and to be honest heavy energy feels more appropriate to me.....when energy isn't free flowing around the body like the river of life, it backs up and becomes stagnant in some areas. ( thick and heavy)... if we think of the colour black it looks dense and opaque, but any energy that is alive dances with Light, Black Light is just as alive as white Light.... ( I'm waffling but I know what I mean, I just can't articulate it very well) ahaha

Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Pachamama wrote:For me the colour black being ascotiated with negative aspects has a lot to do with social, psychological imprinting over the years.

I've been reading a lot lately about the mysteries of the Dark Goddess ( mysteries of the dark moon, by demetra george)...and other material, ( wonderful stuff)..In Initiation, by Elizabeth B jenkins there is a wonderful piece about the Princess of The Black Light, when I read that I started thinking a great deal about Black Light, Very Happy

I have never 'seen' black patches of illness and disease in peoples energetic bodies......( I know for some people 'black' denotes areas of illness and imbalance-but I have seen people enveloped in very thick heavy grey energy, dense and mucuous -like) again in Initiation, an shaman mentions that they do not say 'negative' energy, but heavy energy...and to be honest heavy energy feels more appropriate to me.....when energy isn't free flowing around the body like the river of life, it backs up and becomes stagnant in some areas. ( thick and heavy)... if we think of the colour black it looks dense and opaque, but any energy that is alive dances with Light, Black Light is just as alive as white Light.... ( I'm waffling but I know what I mean, I just can't articulate it very well) ahaha

Very Happy
    Vincent J. Barra:Psychic Counselor and Motivational Speaker, Writer, Lecturer, Educator, Numerologist and a Master Teacher of Reiki, writes..... Arrow sunny

BLACK AURA: Draws or pulls energy to it and in so doing, transforms it. It captures light and consumes it. Usually indicates long-term unforgiveness (toward others or another) collected in a specific area of the body, which can lead to health problems; also, entitities within a person's aura, chakras, or body; past life hurts; unreleased grief from abortions if it appears in the ovaries.
    Black! what this colour says ? 78411
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Sun May 29, 2011 10:18 pm

flower
    Black Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
    Black often brings negative emotions/ideas etc
    I remember once whilst studying child care we were given this little story study
    A child was asked to paint a picture, this he willingly did and when finished gave it to the teacher..... The teacher was concerned.....The painting was entirely black..... affraid
    Well this was then the cause of many discussions among the teachers associates as an all black painting to them meant the child was obviously deeply depressed/worried about something....The parents were brought in for a meeting....They simply asked their child why did you paint only in black Question
    The child replied
    because black was the only colour there was
    cheers flower queen
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon May 30, 2011 3:10 am

Hi Queen

I'm sure I remember this being used as a storyline in some US sitcom waaay back.

If I remember correctly, it was a black kid who had been adopted by a white woman,
    I think he was the only black kid in class, so this added an extra level of worry for the teachers.

The response from the kid was something to do with how, when the teacher told the kids to go select their paints, he couldn't run as fast as the others, so when he got to the paint box, only the black paint was left.

[now this is going to bug me - what the heck was the name of the TV show Question Smile ]

queen of clean wrote:...I remember once whilst studying child care we were given this little story study
    A child was asked to paint a picture, this he willingly did and when finished gave it to the teacher..... The teacher was concerned.....The painting was entirely black..... affraid
    Well this was then the cause of many discussions among the teachers associates as an all black painting to them meant the child was obviously deeply depressed/worried about something....The parents were brought in for a meeting....They simply asked their child why did you paint only in black Question
    The child replied
    because black was the only colour there was
    cheers flower queen
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Mon May 30, 2011 10:53 am

now this is going to bug me - what the heck was the name of the TV show ]

lol! Good luck on this one.

Personally I like black. I especially like it when I need to feel grounded or safe
    queen
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:23 am

I love black, its extremely slimming! I prefer it with a mix of red though, very sexy! Twisted Evil

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:37 am

i'll go get my Batman spandex outfit, and red handbag..
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

that would be a manbag! Laughing
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 pm

handbag is still good for me!
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:42 am