Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Reiki & sleep dis-order

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Reiki & sleep dis-order Empty Reiki & sleep dis-order

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 14, 2010 4:27 am

These posts have been split from "attunement of young children" thread 5/13 chi_solas

chi_solas wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

BTW, practitioners of other energy arts understand that exposure to high-intensity energy can interfere w/ sleep. Being able to fall asleep "in spite of" having practied is one of the great benefits of grounding exercises. sunny sunny sunny

Bruce

Bruce are you a Reiki Practitioner? sunny

Well, Bridget, this time this is not Bruce, but it is me, salman, who has been through the same problem...

i m having worst sleep disorders of my life as far as my memory permits... at night, i go to sleep, and within two or three hours, i m awake, and no matter how much try, i can't sleep...

plus, even during the limited sleep, my mind is heck too alert to be said 'sleeping' Smile.... sometimes i smile when i see myself sleeping.... this is the situation i m having these days....

do i need grounding ?

well, i feel i need just more reiki Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Reiki & sleep dis-order Empty Re: Reiki & sleep dis-order

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 14, 2010 4:38 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Colin wrote:

As I was typing that, the thought came to my mind that if it is not us, as Reiki Practitioners and/Teachers who control or direct what Reiki actually does this presumably applies to attunements as well as treatments.

So, maybe if we try to attune or treat someone who really does not want to be attuned or treated then we don't really have any influence on whether an attunement occurs or a healing happens - the outcome is up to the recipient (and maybe the Universe) in both cases.

We're all 'taught' by our peers not to attempt to 'control' Reiki. then agian, we're all taught things by our peers that is sheer rhetoric, and wrong.

We control Reiki everytime we decide to use it, or not. when i'm in bed at night beside the missus, i stop Reiki, simply by wishing so, if she doesn't give permission. So, we can control if we wish, Smile.

directing Reiki. Well, i've never tried to 'direct' it, since it doen't follow a linear route to begin with, hehe. It doesn't 'flow' from parts of my body, through a route, to the other person. It's a constant around me, this is why we're protected with Reiki always. What i have done, is focus my awareness in the part being treated, during Reiki, It's said - 'energy goes where attention goes', hehe. I guess that's directing Reiki.

I don't need to let Reiki 'do it's thing', as it's me using my spark of divinity, to enable another to experience something, i'm very aware i am already quite active in the whole thing. Reiki bieng 'passive' is, in some ways, a misnomer, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

well said Wayne, it is me using my spark of divinity to enable another to experience something... but the thing you didnt say clearly, is that when i have enabled other, does he experiences with the help of his divinity, or without it...

if my interaction with my divinity is to trigger a same interaction of that another with his own divinity, then i m 'passive' in the reiki experience... but if my interaction with my divinity enables him to experience things (without the interactinon of his divinity) then of course, i m 'active' within reiki.....

tbh, this is bit complex to understand scratch isn't ? Smile

one thing that i m experiencing these days, is that reiki practitioners need to practice at least one other 'energy modality' so as to make themselves an explanation as to how reiki differs from energy modalities Smile

qi-gong has initially benefited me so much Smile being unable to sleep, i have enough time for RLL postings lol!

take care mate Smile

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

BTW, practitioners of other energy arts understand that exposure to high-intensity energy can interfere w/ sleep. Being able to fall asleep "in spite of" having practied is one of the great benefits of grounding exercises. sunny sunny sunny

Bruce

Bruce are you a Reiki Practitioner? sunny

Well, Bridget, this time this is not Bruce, but it is me, salman, who has been through the same problem...

i m having worst sleep disorders of my life as far as my memory permits... at night, i go to sleep, and within two or three hours, i m awake, and no matter how much try, i can't sleep...

plus, even during the limited sleep, my mind is heck too alert to be said 'sleeping' Smile.... sometimes i smile when i see myself sleeping.... this is the situation i m having these days....

do i need grounding ?

well, i feel i need just more reiki Smile

take care

salman

I have had occassional sleepless
    nights its usually when I'm consumed
    with worldly issues. However when I do
    Reiki I have no problem falling asleep.
    I'm sure other methods like Tapping,
    visualizations, relaxation response or
    whatever other healing techniques one
    feels comfortable using is worth a try.
    IMO its all about getting under the wave
    of thought turbulance and going down to
    the subconscious level. Reiki is my #1
    choice. sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat May 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks Bridget for this advice Smile

well, the things are trying to touch peaks these days... it seems that there is some energy adjustment process is going on within my being... i can't sleep.. i m thirsty all the time... i can feel the nerve endings in my body are acting nonsense Smile they are always shattering and clitching... my eyes are mostly red... and burning...

these aside, i have no physical problem, appetite is good, no cold/flu/fever whatsoever, everything is apparently fine, so i dont see i must go to a medic...(and if i go, what would i tell him Smile ?? )

i m not using any relaxing/sedating drugs to ease out from this sleep problem...

i have to ask fellows here that if i want to do grounding, what exercise they have personally experienced to be working best for themselves...?

take care

salman
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sat May 15, 2010 11:42 pm

[justify]dear salman,

well, the things are trying to touch peaks these days... it seems that there is some energy adjustment process is going on within my being... i can't sleep.. i m thirsty all the time... i can feel the nerve endings in my body are acting nonsense Smile they are always shattering and clitching... my eyes are mostly red... and burning...

these aside, i have no physical problem, appetite is good, no cold/flu/fever whatsoever, everything is apparently fine, so i dont see i must go to a medic...(and if i go, what would i tell him Smile ?? )

i m not using any relaxing/sedating drugs to ease out from this sleep problem...

i have to ask fellows here that if i want to do grounding, what exercise they have personally experienced to be working best for themselves...?

after reading all i don't feel you have grounding problem i feel you are access something may be work load or tension etc it is very difficult to understand problem until knew everything. For your situation ( my intuition) just work more on Vasudha chakatra ( fifth chakar,(under neck)) and heal with sky blue colour with sound of HUM
    it will relax you and to do your meditation every thing will normal in two and three
    day.

( if required healing i am ready for you everytime)

thanks and love

Last edited by Milarepa on Tue May 18, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quotes)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 pm

vijaybali wrote:dear salman,

after reading all i don't feel you have grounding problem i feel you are access something may be work load or tension etc it is very difficult to understand problem until knew everything. For your situation ( my intuition) just work more on Vasudha chakatra ( fifth chakar,(under neck)) and heal with sky blue colour with sound of HUM
    it will relax you and to do your meditation every thing will normal in two and three
    day.

( if required healing i am ready for you everytime)

thanks and love

take care

salman

vj, that sounds like a great healing plan sunny

Last edited by chi_solas on Wed May 19, 2010 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 pm

hi Dear brother VJ Smile

vijaybali wrote:
    after reading all i don't feel you have grounding problem i feel you are access something may be work load or tension etc it is very difficult to understand problem until knew everything.

that could be, but i think there was some misadjustment stuff going on Smile

For your situation ( my intuition) just work more on Vasudha chakatra ( fifth chakar,(under neck)) and heal with sky blue colour with sound of HUM
    day.

thats a brilliant advice... and since you are posting on a forum this would be helpful for all who have things like i'm having...

tbh, i haven't yet studied chakra systems through practice... and for some reason, i m consciously deferring this knowledge to a further stage in my planning Smile

and you know a good news Smile ? y'day night, i had a revisit of all my good sleep, peaceful, uninterrupted, soothing ! Basketball (but on saturday night, things were the worst terrible )

i just wish, it keeps sustained !

thanks for all the advice and for the lovely offer of reiki gift bro ! Smile

take care

salman
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Tue May 18, 2010 4:26 am

Dear salman

Thanks for your response,

and you know a good news Smile ? y'day night, i had a revisit of all my good sleep, peaceful, uninterrupted, soothing ! Basketball (but on saturday night, things were the worst terrible )

Not worry your this information give me little bit idea now you can also start healing Solar Chakara with under feet chakara it will help you alot... But it required minimum three to 5 days..., for solar charara you can use the sound RAM and OM for feet chakara, 5 to 7 minutes to Vasudha chakara, 3 to 5 Solar chakara,

3 minutes for feet chakara...

i have full confidence you will come out very soon......

thanks and love
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue May 18, 2010 12:09 pm

vj, I've never heard of Solar/Vasudha Chakra.
    can you enlighten me? scratch

I think solar has to do with solar plexus
    what is Vasudha Reiki & sleep dis-order 850837
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed May 19, 2010 2:10 am

I believe what V.J. Is talking about is working on two chakras one being, as you mentioned, solar plexus chakra or Manipura Chakra and Throat chakra or Visuddha Chakra (Vasudha is probably typo).

Now, I wished he did say more about it but only to use sounds/mantras OM, RAM and so on. In my experience while it is beneficial to use sounds to work on chakras I do think that we can not isolate chakra and work on them as such for it is part of chakra system and if one chakra is over/under active or has other damages (not connected to main energy channel etc) it always affects other chakras in the system. Therefore, I think it is important, no matter what chakra we treat, to end treatment with chakra balancing. And for that Reiki seems to be excellent “tool”, soft and yet powerful.

Salman,

I am sorry to hear that you suffer sleep-disorder (maybe this is not the right term after all and this is only temporarily). I believe that most of us have been there for various reasons. We might worry about something ….you name it.

I understand that you do not do any chakra work and I will share with you what did help me. When I was 2nd level I was very active (was single at that time..:-)). And as you know, the reiki 2nd level sometimes could be tricky. Our ego wants us ( by no mean do I suggest here that it is your ego or so)to believe that it is “US” who makes things happen and so on. I certainly knew that it wasn't the case but that thought would always pop up and it wasn't until I made RMT level and started to practice symbol meditation (DKM).

I would sit down and draw DKM but within my body and not outside and than the goal was that my body dissolves and become DKM. During this process I would use the affirmation as well (I am the light, love, the healing. I am DKM or “Everything best will happen for all involved). I did this for 2-3 month and the experience was amazing. I could trust that the best will happen when the time is right and take myself out of equation.

I also found great tip in the book “Ki in daily life” by Koichi Tohei where he recommendss to lie on your back with your hands and feet comfortablyoutstretched.. Breath in through the nose and aim the breath in to the pit of the stomach (into the hara). While staying focused on the hara, each time we breath in and out we would imagine sending blood toward the tips of our toes.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed May 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Thank you so much Resko Smile

the compassion in your post touched my heart !

rzukic wrote:
    .......I do think that we can not isolate chakra and work on them as such for it is part of chakra system and if one chakra is over/under active or has other damages (not connected to main energy channel etc) it always affects other chakras in the system. Therefore, I think it is important, no matter what chakra we treat, to end treatment with chakra balancing. And for that Reiki seems to be excellent “tool”, soft and yet powerful.

thats a very good thought indeed... you know why i m restraining myself from indulging in chakra stuff ? i feel this is a very vast subject... i know how badly it feels if kundalni awakens and rises for a buddy who is has not yet achieved an apt progress stage for that matter... and so do i hold about chakras system....

my personal view is that either i have to know the exact nitty gritty of chakras, the concept, the science in succint details, or i dont have to touch that area...
    Usui Shiki Ryoho is already there in front of me to study and explore, and this is a very deep topic itself indeed, so i dont feel merit in jumping another equally deep stuff like chakras...

in the end, as you put it "to end treatment with chakra balancing. And for that Reiki seems to be excellent “tool”, soft and yet powerful", i feel it safe if i do just reiki and let it itself balance the chakras.... i know, if i m aware of the stuff, it might increase the effects, but i find that a little knowledge might be dangerous when we are talking about chakras....

Salman,

When I was 2nd level I was very active (was single at that time..:-)). And as you know, the reiki 2nd level sometimes could be tricky. Our ego wants us ( by no mean do I suggest here that it is your ego or so)to believe that it is “US” who makes things happen and so on. I certainly knew that it wasn't the case but that thought would always pop up and it wasn't until I made RMT level and started to practice symbol meditation (DKM).

I would sit down and draw DKM but within my body and not outside and than the goal was that my body dissolves and become DKM. During this process I would use the affirmation as well (I am the light, love, the healing. I am DKM or “Everything best will happen for all involved). I did this for 2-3 month and the experience was amazing. I could trust that the best will happen when the time is right and take myself out of equation.

I also found great tip in the book “Ki in daily life” by Koichi Tohei where he recommendss to lie on your back with your hands and feet comfortablyoutstretched.. Breath in through the nose and aim the breath in to the pit of the stomach (into the hara). While staying focused on the hara, each time we breath in and out we would imagine sending blood toward the tips of our toes.

Regards,

Resko

first of all, about DKM meditation...

i m new to DKM, and for the time being i wish to explore it for the purpose it has been given to us...(i.e., initiations)... it has other powerful uses too (as i m invariably feeling how it feels to be initated to DKM on the masters' level) but for my learning, i wish i firstly take the feel of DKM for initiations...

i know from my candle gazing experiences (both during yoga) and then through a course called "self-cultural training", that how it means when we are exposed to light... light that firstly enters us from the light sources like candle, sun, etc. and then the light that springs from our inner... i m used to both actually Smile it is such a angelic feeling!

the technique about sending blood to toes is very attractive.. thanks for sharing.... i m experimenting these days on a technique shared by James, in which we focus our awareness in the left atrium and left ventricle of our heart and let reiki flow to these two chambers... it is meant to 'super-charge' the blood with reiki, and such blood, which is also oxygenated too, when reaches the cells of the body it makes miracles....

i have had good help in restroing my sleep using that exercise.... i will try out the technique you referred once i get out of this sleep stuff Smile

take care !

your share has been highly valued bro Smile

salman

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.[/quote]
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Wed May 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Dear chi_solas

I've never heard of Solar/Vasudha Chakra.

You are already enlighten that day when you started to help me. Reiki & sleep dis-order 471984

[/quote]

bychance i put hindi name of chakara....

Yes solar means Solar plexus Sound RAM

Vasudha means Throat Chakara Sound HUM

Feet chakara is under feet.. Sound Aum

Reiki & sleep dis-order 396901 Reiki & sleep dis-order 396901 Reiki & sleep dis-order 396901

I never changed Reiki & sleep dis-order 158903

Thanks and regards
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 pm

[quote="vijaybali"]Dear chi_solas

I've never heard of Solar/Vasudha Chakra.

You are already enlighten that day when you started to help me. Reiki & sleep dis-order 471984

bychance i put hindi name of chakara....

Yes solar means Solar plexus Sound RAM

Vasudha means Throat Chakara Sound HUM

Feet chakara is under feet.. Sound Aum

Reiki & sleep dis-order 396901 Reiki & sleep dis-order 396901 Reiki & sleep dis-order 396901

I never changed Reiki & sleep dis-order 158903

Thanks and regards
    vj

OK that makes sense a little
    language interpretation needed.
    I should have used the translater Cool
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sat May 22, 2010 6:36 pm

dear salman,

How Are you.......

vj
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat May 22, 2010 9:39 pm

hi Vijay Smile

Alhamdolillah, sleep is now pretty stable, and is good deep too Smile

Thanks buddy. Take care

Salman
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Mon May 24, 2010 10:13 pm

tx

vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed May 26, 2010 12:49 pm

I came across a book that you can read on line.
    The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream & Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, Mark Dahlby
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 27, 2010 8:00 am

excerpt from articlesbase.com study

Home Page > Health > Alternative Medicine > Suffering From Loss of Sleep? 3 Step Reiki Healing Technique to Cure Sleeplessness

In this article I propose to share an amazing reiki healing technique which helped me overcome my sleep problem quite simply and effectively.
    In case you are unable to sleep at night for any reason whatsoever, this particular sleeping position will be of great help. It will make you relax and consequently fall asleep naturally without any medical aid.
    After obtaining my Reiki Master certification I started practicing this exercise. Particularly on occasions where I need to rest my body completely but I am really short of time this is an excellent option. Even if I sleep for a couple of hours after doing this exercise upon waking up I feel as if I have had my entire eight hours of required sleep.
    This is one of the most popularly used reiki healing technique to cure insomnia. All you need to do is follow these three simple steps. It will make you feel refreshed and revived as if you have had a full nights rest.
    1. Get into your normal sleeping position in which you are most comfortable. You can lie either on your back or your side.
    2. Place one hand on your forehead and the other on your stomach. Experience and notice the sensation of your stomach rising and falling as you breathe. It is important that you stay focused and concentrate your attention on your stomach breathing in and out.
    3. Continue to stay in this position for about 15 minutes. Normally in 15 minutes Reiki energy will generate a feeling of deep relaxation and you will fall asleep automatically. There is no harm in practicing this exercise for a longer duration depending upon your needs.
    Reiki healing is an amazing technique which helps get rid of any fearful or negative energy for our body. It makes us relax and lead a happy life. It can never do any harm and is one of safest alternatives which can be used in conjunction with other forms of treatment.

About the Author
    I have been a Reiki Master since 1996. Living in an ashram in India, my daily routine includes yoga, meditation, reiki practice and study of herbs. Being a wild life enthusiast, I am passionate about climate change and environment pollution. I encourage my students to take part in Nature Walks to help understand plants and herbs which have medicinal properties. I strongly believe that natural remedies exist for all types of ailments and must be the first choice of treatment for any disease. To get rid of modern day stress and strain we must resort to alternative medicine. Reiki is one such healing method which has provided relief to scores of people the world over. You have to try it to believe it

Reiki healing is an amazing technique which helps get rid of any fearful or negative energy for our body. It makes us relax and lead a happy life. It can never do any harm and is one of safest alternatives which can be used in conjunction with other forms of treatment.

Retrieved from "http://www.articlesbase.com

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu May 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Great read, thanks Bridget Smile

i m amazed how simple are the things sometimes which we dont give attention...

resting hands on stomach before sleep, and giving short sessions of reiki to that area, has always been my favourite and sorta habit maybe... i can see now that i can make this habit turn into a good exercise.

Smile

take care

salman
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Fri May 28, 2010 5:21 am

sorry about your problem. seems you are under stress. start to have early and light dinners and before you sleep, do reiki on yourself. can do that lying down also. finally place your hands on your stomach both sides, sending all your stress,tension,negative thoughts to god/cosmic for conversion to positive energy. direct this unhelpful energy out through the feet. you may feel it leaving as tingling sensation in the feet or as bubbles and sometimes it leaves causing a bit of pain.

i do this only and sleep like a top but i wake up at 4 ish every morning no matter what time i sleep. maybe i am to meditate at that time, i feel
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri May 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks Renu Jee Smile

Adaab and Salam!

its a very pleasant feeling to have you back at posting here, and your thoughts were so highly missed in the while !

thanks for the advice too... i feel it had nothing to do with stress or meals, it was something resulting from energy adjustments that naturally surface whenever we bank upon something new... i traced all that to the basic qi-gong exercises i had started, plus due to increased energy exposure during extensive QT and Reiki sessions with the Sciatica guy....

i m happy that the phase is over now, and i have all my restful sleep back to me as before... a treasure lost and then re-found! Smile

although i m not an early riser, yet it is almost a habit now that i would wake up before sunrise and will either meditate or hatsurei, depending on mood, or just breathing, whatever, and i ascribe all that to the call of nature which says "wake up buddy, its not the time to sleep" Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:42 pm

a little further feedback on sleep reiki stuff..

We have to make intent to request reiki process to heal us while we would be asleep, instead of passing on an instruction to our sub-conscious to start reiki process while we would be asleep..... (there is a hair-line difference in between the two )

Results are amazing.... You can give it a try.... Healing is very fast, sleep is deep and refreshing... Generally a very good routine to integrate

Salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:06 am

salman, a thought occured to me
    that when you request your body
    to heal. It is best not to over
    load it with more than one request
    at a time. Like an electronic