Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ? Empty Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 31, 2010 8:10 pm

hi all friends...

y'day i had some deep sore throat and scratchy feelings in my larynx all over... tried good sessions y'day and day before that, but sore throat didn't come to NIL alothough it was reduced and got mild...

when going for after lunch nap, i thought why not to try something as an experiment :

i said "i intent to start sleep reiki now. Let reiki flow when i m sleep and let it do the needful to ease me for sore throat".

as it was sunday, and a holiday, the nap extended to some one and half an hour, and when i wake up, i had a very incredible result waiting for me...

sore throat was 100% healed!!!

i wish to question that do we find Takata Sensei mentioning something like sleep reiki anywhere.. and do you guys teach your students something like this ?

i cannot take it as placebo or suggestion, it was a real exhibit of something being done on me while i was asleep, so is there anything like sleep reiki, technically speaking ??

take care

Smile

salman
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ? Empty Re: Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ?

Post by rzukic Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi all friends...

y'day i had some deep sore throat and scratchy feelings in my larynx all over... tried good sessions y'day and day before that, but sore throat didn't come to NIL alothough it was reduced and got mild...

when going for after lunch nap, i thought why not to try something as an experiment :

i said "i intent to start sleep reiki now. Let reiki flow when i m sleep and let it do the needful to ease me for sore throat".

as it was sunday, and a holiday, the nap extended to some one and half an hour, and when i wake up, i had a very incredible result waiting for me...

sore throat was 100% healed!!!

i wish to question that do we find Takata Sensei mentioning something like sleep reiki anywhere.. and do you guys teach your students something like this ?

i cannot take it as placebo or suggestion, it was a real exhibit of something being done on me while i was asleep, so is there anything like sleep reiki, technically speaking ??

take care

Smile

salman

Hi Salman,

Thank You for sharing your experience. I have never heard about “sleep reiki” and I find this very interestingg for technically speaking you did not “send” reiki via absent reiki but you did state your intent . I would like very much to find out who/what did you have in mind when you made such intent statement.

This did however, remind me of free kundalini reiki attunements that I received by guy called Stefan Kammerhofer. If I am not mistaken, the entire attunement is carried out by given instruction to higher self to perform attunement. I didn't know this at beginning and learned about it later when I completed level 3. So this does seem to be very similar-you gave the instruction to your higher self and it was carried out.

It would be very interesting to hear what others have to say about this!

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 pm

rzukic wrote:

Hi Salman,

Thank You for sharing your experience. I have never heard about “sleep reiki” and I find this very interestingg for technically speaking you did not “send” reiki via absent reiki but you did state your intent . I would like very much to find out who/what did you have in mind when you made such intent statement.

hi Resko Smile

we had a chat on the technique with some senior members on RLL here on y'day..

it was a debate whether or not HSZSN is behind the exhibit of this phenomenon called "sleep-reiki"..

my thought is that if it is HSZSN, the entire technique changes... i feel that SHK is at work, since when we are stating our intent, we are talking to our sub-concsious, and invariably this operates through SHK...

SHK is primarily for addressing the sub-concsious which then often goes towards treatment of habits, but we can assume (or can't we ? ) that SHK can be used to put affirmations or routing intent to sub-conscious too and that does not need to be for habit treatment exclusively..

well, it would be another thought point, however, that when we 'intend' something within reiki, is that the same 'intent' that we intend otherwise... ?

my personal view is that our intent, whenever we make one within reiki, is no longer our intent, rather it is a command/request to the energies/spirit within reiki to come forward the lead the show Smile

Resko wrote:
    This did however, remind me of free kundalini reiki attunements that I received by guy called Stefan Kammerhofer. If I am not mistaken, the entire attunement is carried out by given instruction to higher self to perform attunement. I didn't know this at beginning and learned about it later when I completed level 3. So this does seem to be very similar-you gave the instruction to your higher self and it was carried out.

in a way, yes! when we intend something during reiki, we pass instructions to our sub-conscious, which many be an aspect of our higher self, it that puts the things in right perspective... but it will be a mistake (my opinion) to feel that our higher self/sub-conscious is doing anything in next step.. i think our sub-conscious is in better tune with reiki to request reiki to do the things...

this topic needs a lot of input from different veiwpoints... its got spicy now Smile

take care

salman

ps : i m experimenting on sleep-reiki now, and what i have felt, that the sleep pattern changes during the process... my sleep was far deeper, but, on the other hand there was a lot of games going in my mind... i had the feeling when i wake up, that i have un-invitingly triggered some deep thing within my mind..

feel free to experiement too Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 pm

hiya buddy, in what way would hszsn be used, since you are already there with yourself, hehe?
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:19 am

Hi Salman,

You are so right Salman, this is really interesting and I hope you do not mind me asking few more question for I really would like to now more about your experience since this is very close to what I am dealing in the last few month (trying to understand signals from my subcouncious)

You said:
    i said "i intent to start sleep reiki now.

I assume that you didn't fall asleep right after you stated this statement and the question is did you feel anything before you fall a sleep.

Than if I am not mistaken you saying that we can activate symbols only by stating our intent and it would be interesting to find out when/at what level do you think it is enough only to say the intent without having to draw the symbols and say the mantra.

Now, based on your experience, and if I understand it correctly it is not necessary to do “real reiki session” but only to make an intent statement. Now, that is something that “West” will fall in love with :-))

If we for the moment leave Reiki out of equation, I use similar “protocol” when I go to sleep. I address my subconscious saying that I will sleep and when I wake up at (give the time I want to take up) I will feel refreshed and energized. So, I never need an alarm clock to wake up at certain time.

Please keep us posted as to the results of your experiments!

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:29 am

rzukic wrote:
    Than if I am not mistaken you saying that we can activate symbols only by stating our intent and it would be interesting to find out when/at what level do you think it is enough only to say the intent without having to draw the symbols and say the mantra.

hi resko,
    drawing a symbol is a physical/mental intent. intending to draw a symbol is a mental intent. in both situations, there must be something that makes that intent work. for example, if i intend to eat oranges for 7 years, i'll die. but if something, or something enables that intent (and action) to be possible, it of course pre-dates any intent. this is why in the older initiations, symbols have been placed in various areas of our brain, and hands.

we activate symbols by what we intend to do. when i intend to initiate someone it's a mental thing first, DKM (which was placed inside me in level 3) is automatically activated. This internal activation enables the external use to work. the external use is the physical aspect. This is my understanding, which Salman & I share to some extent, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:42 am

thanks Wayne Smile

Resko, whenever i talk to you, i feel real comfy as u are such a good mind scientist .

Always, reading ur insights helps me analyse my own in a more objective way. I jst wish if we could exchange thoughts on our mutual interest 'telepathy' too Smile

Regarding intent, there are two possible ways. One is : we intend a thing consciously, then activate a symbol for it (again consciously), and then it happens. Other way is : we intend a thing and then let go, and doing it we are surrendering our ego, our sub-conscious which is the one that is attuned to symbols, acts upon our act of letting go, it commands/requests the symbols to start work in ego-less fashion, and this is meant by saying that ''symbols are activated sub-consciously''.....

Once symbols are at work, we need to draw them consciously too, to make ourself feel we are part of process (thus, consciously opening ourselves up to reiki experience and awareness )....

In sleep reiki, what i feel so far, is that when i intent to start sleep reiki, i m consciously surrendering myself to my sub-conscious through beleiving that it will do reiki when i would be deep asleep. This is an affirmation made to my sub-conscious, and since i m talking about reiking myself, the symbol attached with sub-conscious is immediately activated (seiheki). Per principle, when i've made that intent, SHK has begun activating, and the moments after that intent, but before sleep are reiki moments too... But the effects are available to my soul only.... But as soon as i fall asleep, my sub-conscious registers the completion of conditions present in my intent/command, and reiki effects start benefiting my physical body too....

But even then, nevertheless, the effects are a degree 'lesser' than doing reiki while awake, because our ego, which is symbol of our presence, our will, our identity, has not been involved as yet, and we cannot imbibe the effects to our conscious awareness....

This can be compared to dreams sometimes that i eat fresh apple in dream, and get a real taste of tasting an apple..., but this taste remains real as long as i m asleep... The moment i wake up, the feeling of absence of taste is far stronger than the memory of its sweetness some moments ago Smile

If i initiate somebody jst mentally, or treat without touching his body, things do work, but the effects are not as accessible to me as well as him in the way they could have been if i had treated with intent + hands or had initiated him with intent + symbols...

Initiating mentally, or crown to crown attunements, are, therefore, less prevalent globally, than the regular ones....

Take care

Smile

Salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Salman, I always get confused when
    folks use the word ego when talkng
    about Reiki. sunny

Ego depending on how you use it can
    be interpreted as conceit. The ego
    can keep you out of gaol as it controls
    your thoughts and antisocial behaviors. affraid

Your conscious mind directs your thoughts
    to your subconscious, what your conscious
    mind believes and accepts is passed onto
    your subconscious. If you consciously tell
    yourself that you believe Reiki will continue
    when you fall asleep then your subconscious
    mind picks that up as a command to be carried out. Sleep
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:22 pm

hi Bridget Smile

chi_solas wrote:Salman, I always get confused when
    about Reiki. sunny

yes me too Smile Ego, per se, is not a 'bad' thing... it makes us a socially resonsible invidual, it is the way we earn self-respect for ourselves... it give us our identity,it gives us the notions of 'me', which is the first requirement to plunge into any endeavour.... it is the manifestation of our personal being... Ego, that said, is a positive force.... it is our individuality!

however, within reiki, Ego is sometimes perceived as something that comes sitting in the way of smooth reiki flow... Ego is our conscious too... it is our awareness... when we try to take things into our 'grips', this is an exhibit of ego, and when we utterly fail sometimes, and realize that, it is again our Ego... so, even within reiki, Ego is not as bad as it is conceived... If Ego so-called 'obstructs' the reiki flowing on its own, it is again Ego which recognizes this fact in the next step... my feelings suggest me that my Ego is the self-drive for me, and if i have to excuse it for some process (like in 'being' reiki) i have to give a potent, rational reason to my ego as to why i m doing that, otherwise my Ego starkly reacts to me, and sometimes in an unwelcome way too!

that is why when we start hypnosis for somebody, we take permsision of the 'conscious' of that buddy... a willingness to get well soon... we can't suggesting the subconscious of somebody without taking his conscious into confidence... the same is true with reiki... we don't start 'interacting' with the sub-conscious of a person during seiheki chyiro ho... we pre-agree with him on the content and wording of affirmations to be used during their process... and it is our 'ethical code' as reiki practitioners to not to exceed or cross the mandate of affirmations agreed with client before the start of the treatment.

Bridget wrote:
    your subconscious.

on personal levels, my sub-consicous knows no Ego... it operates on my ID mostly, it does not gauge things to be right or wrong.. it is not gifted with analytical power... it does what it is told, or what is passed on to it... that has merits too... but, Bridget, you will find a deviation of the rule when we talk aobut reiki... when we are attuned to reiki, it is our sub-conscious that becomes attuned to reiki, the 'attunement' of our conscious to reiki is a life-long process, and fora like these, are there to help this process go quick... Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ? 850837

If you consciously tell

in things other than reiki, this is the principle....

however, if we talk about reiki, i feel that our subconscious does not need instructions of conscious to do reiki, it needs an 'intent' only... intent apparently is a conscious instruction, but it will still work if our conscious has not accepted it on an awareness level... thats the beauty of system within reiki, that 'intent' does not derive its power from the underlying awareness of the matter in which the intent is being uttered... it derives power from the attunements/initiations that have already worked on sub-conscious levels....

well, its hell too complex to put these thoughts into into right perspective.... so maybe i will soon resign into more comfortable phrase " just be reiki" Smile

take care

Smile

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:17 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi Bridget Smile

chi_solas wrote:Salman, I always get confused when
    about Reiki. sunny

yes me too Smile Ego, per se, is not a 'bad' thing... it makes us a socially resonsible invidual, it is the way we earn self-respect for ourselves... it give us our identity,it gives us the notions of 'me', which is the first requirement to plunge into any endeavour.... it is the manifestation of our personal being... Ego, that said, is a positive force.... it is our individuality!

however, within reiki, Ego is sometimes perceived as something that comes sitting in the way of smooth reiki flow... Ego is our conscious too... it is our awareness... when we try to take things into our 'grips', this is an exhibit of ego, and when we utterly fail sometimes, and realize that, it is again our Ego... so, even within reiki, Ego is not as bad as it is conceived... If Ego so-called 'obstructs' the reiki flowing on its own, it is again Ego which recognizes this fact in the next step... my feelings suggest me that my Ego is the self-drive for me, and if i have to excuse it for some process (like in 'being' reiki) i have to give a potent, rational reason to my ego as to why i m doing that, otherwise my Ego starkly reacts to me, and sometimes in an unwelcome way too!

that is why when we start hypnosis for somebody, we take permsision of the 'conscious' of that buddy... a willingness to get well soon... we can't suggesting the subconscious of somebody without taking his conscious into confidence... the same is true with reiki... we don't start 'interacting' with the sub-conscious of a person during seiheki chyiro ho... we pre-agree with him on the content and wording of affirmations to be used during their process... and it is our 'ethical code' as reiki practitioners to not to exceed or cross the mandate of affirmations agreed with client before the start of the treatment.

Bridget wrote:
    your subconscious.

on personal levels, my sub-consicous knows no Ego... it operates on my ID mostly, it does not gauge things to be right or wrong.. it is not gifted with analytical power... it does what it is told, or what is passed on to it... that has merits too... but, Bridget, you will find a deviation of the rule when we talk aobut reiki... when we are attuned to reiki, it is our sub-conscious that becomes attuned to reiki, the 'attunement' of our conscious to reiki is a life-long process, and fora like these, are there to help this process go quick... Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ? 850837

If you consciously tell

in things other than reiki, this is the principle....

however, if we talk about reiki, i feel that our subconscious does not need instructions of conscious to do reiki, it needs an 'intent' only... intent apparently is a conscious instruction, but it will still work if our conscious has not accepted it on an awareness level... thats the beauty of system within reiki, that 'intent' does not derive its power from the underlying awareness of the matter in which the intent is being uttered... it derives power from the attunements/initiations that have already worked on sub-conscious levels....

well, its hell too complex to put these thoughts into into right perspective.... so maybe i will soon resign into more comfortable phrase " just be reiki" Smile

take care

Smile

salman

Thanks Salman, "just be Reiki" I like that. sunny

Does anyone know of any Reiki Systems that
    teach the complexities of conscious/subconscious?
    Is learning Reiki history/rituals/precepts and
    giving treatment/sessions all that's needed.Is
    that all we need to know! Sleep Reiki - Assumption or fact ? 850837

What do we have to know to perform sleep Reiki?
    Is it true that Reiki goes to where its needed?
    Is sleep Reiki the same as distant Reiki confused
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:15 am

Is sleep Reiki the same as distant Reiki :confused

Hi Bridget

You have some excellent questions here! I thought that to some degree all RMT teach about conscious/subconscious and how to deal with subconscious??! It would be nice to hear if the folks here were thought about inner child/higher self and how to work with both.

As to the question what we really need to know to enjoy reiki benefits-assuming we already got attunement- I do not believe we need any of this. However, learning more about this will deepen our understanding.

I am very grateful that Salman has shared his Sleep Reiki technique with us for this is something new for me. I did work with my higher self but in the way that I sent reiki to my HS to deal with certain issue. But this would be improved version if I may say it so Very Happy . I of course make an assumption here that it is his higher self that he is addressing.

I agree with you that reiki goes to where it is needed but how we define where it is needed. While this might be obvious in the case of treating the person it is not that clear if we move beyond that and work on achieving something or getting rid of some unwanted habits. Wouldn't you agree that in these cases reiki “protocol” should be bit different?

For example if I want quit smoking I do not think that full reiki body treatment will do it.

Is Sleep Reiki the same as a distant Reiki?

I would like to hear about this as well. From my point of view, technically speaking it is not for he didn't do the distant reiki technique but ..the end effect and the way it is carried out does suggest it is. It seems to me that, and since this is totally new area for me, I am going to use new term here Very Happy ) , he used a short cut by saying his intent consciously that set (assuming I am understanding what is going on here Very Happy ) distant reiki protocol in motion subconsciously.

So, if we had observed it we wouldn't be able to see it was but what else could it have been??

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 pm

rzukic wrote:

Is sleep Reiki the same as distant Reiki :confused

Hi Bridget

You have some excellent questions here! I thought that to some degree all RMT teach about conscious/subconscious and how to deal with subconscious??! It would be nice to hear if the folks here were thought about inner child/higher self and how to work with both.

As to the question what we really need to know to enjoy reiki benefits-assuming we already got attunement- I do not believe we need any of this. However, learning more about this will deepen our understanding.

I am very grateful that Salman has shared his Sleep Reiki technique with us for this is something new for me. I did work with my higher self but in the way that I sent reiki to my HS to deal with certain issue. But this would be improved version if I may say it so Very Happy . I of course make an assumption here that it is his higher self that he is addressing.

I agree with you that reiki goes to where it is needed but how we define where it is needed. While this might be obvious in the case of treating the person it is not that clear if we move beyond that and work on achieving something or getting rid of some unwanted habits. Wouldn't you agree that in these cases reiki “protocol” should be bit different?

For example if I want quit smoking I do not think that full reiki body treatment will do it.

Is Sleep Reiki the same as a distant Reiki?

I would like to hear about this as well. From my point of view, technically speaking it is not for he didn't do the distant reiki technique but ..the end effect and the way it is carried out does suggest it is. It seems to me that, and since this is totally new area for me, I am going to use new term here Very Happy ) , he used a short cut by saying his intent consciously that set (assuming I am understanding what is going on here Very Happy ) distant reiki protocol in motion subconsciously.

So, if we had observed it we wouldn't be able to see it was but what else could it have been??

Regards,

Resko

Regarding habits such as smoking.
    IMO you treat the whole person.
    Most folks today who are turning to
    alternative healing do so because
    the medical way of healing does not
    work for them. A patch may work/may
    not work. I have no info on success
    of such procedures. I hear folks say
    I've stopped smoking many times or I
    loose weight and put it back on double.
    We need to get to the root of the problem
    before habits can be eliminated. Will
    power might work. Some times we can see
    how destructive our habit is within our daily
    environment, yet giving up the habit seems
    almost impossible scratch

If we are conscious that sleep Reiki can
    be a helpful treatment to erase undesired
    habits. Then the subconscious will work
    towards the disired goal. sunny
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 am

Wow, I have been doing sleep Reiki and didn't even know it. In being naive in the beginning after receiving my level 1, I would treat myself before sleeping and I thought how wonderful it would be to treat myself through the night. I would make my intention known before sleeping while doing Reiki that I wanted it to continue while sleeping for my higher good and for as long and for as much I needed. No one told me I could do this. I just assumed I could. The how and why, I have no idea, but it seemed to help with different things.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:59 am

Stardust wrote:Wow, I have been doing sleep Reiki and didn't even know it. In being naive in the beginning after receiving my level 1, I would treat myself before sleeping and I thought how wonderful it would be to treat myself through the night. I would make my intention known before sleeping while doing Reiki that I wanted it to continue while sleeping for my higher good and for as long and for as much I needed. No one told me I could do this. I just assumed I could. The how and why, I have no idea, but it seemed to help with different things.

Amazing how doors open when
    we are free to explore Arrow
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Oh, Bridget! You know that English is not my mother tongue! Very Happy What are you saying here? “Whole Person” as a full body treatment or “whole person” as mind/body thing which than would include a mental treatment.

Regards,

Resko

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:00 pm

rzukic wrote:

Oh, Bridget! You know that English is not my mother tongue! Very Happy What are you saying here? “Whole Person” as a full body treatment or “whole person” as mind/body thing which than would include a mental treatment.

Regards,

Resko

When I say whole person,I mean mind,body,soul/spirit
    I would give a full treatment. sunny

I need to get to the root of my problem. What is
    causing this habitual behavior. If I really want
    to end the behavior then I need to evaluate and
    change my life style/environment. I see Reiki as
    a system that address's the whole person. Removing
    blockages may take many sessions as the Reiki energy
    moves through the mind, spirit, and body. sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Resko, Bridget, all friends Smile

Probably, the intent passed on to sub-conscious during sleep reiki, brings about reiki phenomenon while asleep. Since, we are not passing on suggestion to sub-conscious except the intent to activate sleep reiki, it might need to figure out whether or not SHK is activated during the process....

Some good news, my daughter aged 4, had some autistic tendencies... She would be grumpy all the time, and mostly talking to herself in low voice.... I tried seiheki chyiro ho with her for some days.... She is consolidating now... And behaviour is suggesting the occurrence of some root level changes within her...

I m so happy with reiki Smile

Salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:Resko, Bridget, all friends Smile

Probably, the intent passed on to sub-conscious during sleep reiki, brings about reiki phenomenon while asleep. Since, we are not passing on suggestion to sub-conscious except the intent to activate sleep reiki, it might need to figure out whether or not SHK is activated during the process....

Some good news, my daughter aged 4, had some autistic tendencies... She would be grumpy all the time, and mostly talking to herself in low voice.... I tried seiheki chyiro ho with her for some days.... She is consolidating now... And behaviour is suggesting the occurrence of some root level changes within her...

I m so happy with reiki Smile
    Salman

Have you watched, A New Paradigm
    by Ester Hicks. She address' autism
    and its vibrational line up to move
    beyond words. sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:55 pm