Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Does Reiki heal or cure? What's the difference?

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki heal or cure? What's the difference? Empty Re: Does Reiki heal or cure? What's the difference?

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:39 am

No problem salman as requested. Arrow

My Dr. said he could cure me but
    I healed myself. What do Reiki
    practitioners feel about being
    cured vs healing? flower
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki heal or cure? What's the difference? Empty Re: Does Reiki heal or cure? What's the difference?

Post by Colin Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:19 am

chi_solas wrote:No problem salman as requested. Arrow

My Dr. said he could cure me but
    I healed myself. What do Reiki
    practitioners feel about being
    cured vs healing? flower

Hi Bridget

I feel that healing is a dynamic process - a moving towards balance, or towards regaining of balance, whereas a cure is an endpoint where balance has been regained (or maybe just the symptoms have been removed).

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:25 am

I don't know if I have a clear answer
    about healing and curing. There seems
    to be a difference but I'm not quite
    sure what it is. scratch
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:05 am

Here's my thoughts.

Like Colin, I differentiate them as healing being the process, and the cure is the end result of successful healing.

The process of curing is tanning hide into leather. hehe...
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 am

Is that a shaman viewpoint
    or a general viewpoint? rendeer
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:19 pm

I asked a friend what they thought
    the difference was between cure/heal
    They said you heal an injury and cure
    a disease sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Colin wrote:

Hi Bridget

I feel that healing is a dynamic process - a moving towards balance, or towards regaining of balance, whereas a cure is an endpoint where balance has been regained (or maybe just the symptoms have been removed).

Smile

thats rightly said Colin Smile

healing is a dynamic, ongoing process that strives to maintain the balance of the body (and of spirit) which is otherwise being disturbed by innumerable factors during the passing of each next moment... healing, in a way, never ends unless, of course, that our lovely body turns into a corpse lol!

there are views that after death, healing continues on the non-physical/spiritual levels, and people assisting crossing over have often said that crossing over itself is a big step in spiritual healing Smile

cure is a physical manifestation of the healing process in an identifiable physical part of our body...i have flu, for example, this is a symptom of something imbalanced within my body... my flu is gone, this is a symptom of that imbalance being restored in my body, but nevertheless this means that imbalance causing the 'symptoms' of flu has been restored, flu itself may need a bit more time to vanish... here is a difference between what we call curing of a disease, and the healing of the 'factors' that caused that disease...

the difference between conventional medicine/allopathy and reiki is that reiki attempts at healing the disease, whereas medicine attempts at curing the disease... thats why when have to go with a course of antibiotics for an infection, that infection becomes 'cured' but imbalance goes transferred to some other part of the body like, for example, stomach/digestive tract.

in order to assess reiki as a complimentary medicine, we have to emphasize that it attempts healing, not just curing of some apparent symptom... and healing is sometimes more subtle than being visible !!

take care

Smile

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:25 am

does Reiki heal or cure? both, Smile.

Reiki, as in the experience, and the application of the principles, will heal current situations/ailments, and cure. Cure because Reiki is prevantive also.

Of course, there's more to Reiki than the above. Myself as an example. Reiki healed me of cocaine addiction, but it didn't cure me of drug use. Like i indicated, it hasn't been easy at times, and i have fell by the wayside, as my closest freinds here will know. This is cause of un-resolved issues within me, and it's directly related to Salmans fear topic.

another example is someone who might have healed lung cancer, but didn't stop smoking. and has now got cancer again. for sure, Reiki can heal anything current, and can even be preventative enough to cure, but lifestyle choices must be made, and for that, sometimes healing must go a very deep level. and for that to take place, we maybe gotta trust in Reiki completely. Not as easy to do as it is to type..

warmest wishes
    wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Milarepa wrote:does Reiki heal or cure? both, Smile.

That's interesting

Reiki, as in the experience, and the application of the principles, will heal current situations/ailments, and cure. Cure because Reiki is prevantive also.

"Preventive" is an excellent point

Of course, there's more to Reiki than the above. Myself as an example. Reiki healed me of cocaine addiction, but it didn't cure me of drug use. Like i indicated, it hasn't been easy at times, and i have fell by the wayside, as my closest freinds here will know. This is cause of un-resolved issues within me, and it's directly related to Salmans fear topic.

after I self-healed it became my job
    to be vigilant against a re-occurance
    I found Reiki a good source to help
    me with prevention.

another example is someone who might have healed lung cancer, but didn't stop smoking. and has now got cancer again. for sure, Reiki can heal anything current, and can even be preventative enough to cure, but lifestyle choices must be made, and for that, sometimes healing must go a very deep level. and for that to take place, we maybe gotta trust in Reiki completely. Not as easy to do as it is to type..

Typing can help others read about
    how others healed/cured themselves.
    One of my friends died of Lung cancer
    she continued smoking during her
    chemotherapy treatments. Some folks
    don't realize no matter what choice
    of treatment they engage in, they are
    responsible for their own healing.
    Solving emotional problems is a big
    part of being healed/cured. I believe
    that medical professional's are
    becoming more aware that emotional
    problems need to be addressed to assist
    with physical healing.

sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Could a healing or a
    cure be a belief/love sunny

Making Miracles page 248........

People who have survived terminal illness and people who have survived lethal environments share some basic qualities. For example, the few people who lived through the horrors of the nazi concentration camps remained hopeful despite the hopelessness of the situation. In None of us Return, Charlotte Delbo offers a graphic depiction often the differences in attitudes between the narrator and another prisoner:
    “there’s no hope for us.” And her hand makes a gesture and the gesture envokes rising smoke.
    “We must fight with all our strength."
    “Why?….Why fight since all of us have to…” The hand completes the gesture. Rising smoke.
    "No. We must fight.”
    “How can we hope to get out of here? How could anyone ever get out of here? It would be better to throw ourselves on the barbed wire right now.”
    What is there to say to her? She is small, sickly. And I am unable to persuade myself. All arguments are senseless. I am at odds with my reason. One is at odds with all reason. Counter to rational logic, those who gave the most of themselves fared the best in the death camps. Giving to others actually aided survival. In the The Survivor, Terence Des Pres quotes a Treblinka survivor: “ in our group we shared everything; and the moment one of the group ate something without sharing it ,we knew it was the beginning of the end for him.” Those who continued to live consistently served others. According to Stephine Levine, they were the "doctors, the nuns, the priests, the rabbis, the mothering, and the fathering care-givers. They survived because they had a reason to live: love itself, healing itself.
    They knew that love is the only gift worth living. That our care for others is our care for ourselves, a deep honoring of being we all share.” Love brought meaning to the concentration camp survivors and to all survivors of serious illness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:46 pm