Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Milarepa
chi_solas
kaytan
7 posters

reiki and images

kaytan
    kaytan

reiki and images Empty reiki and images

Post by kaytan Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:54 am

hi every one cheers
    I noticed that in reiki offices, pictures installed on the wall act a very important role, some of them make the visitors more relax etc.
    I want you to share your photos with others here reiki and images 85412 , I'll post the first one by myself

to be continued... cheers reiki and images Img

Last edited by kaytan on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

reiki and images Empty Re: reiki and images

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 am

This is a beautiful image of the chakras. heart smiley

Have you seen Reiki Practitioner Pamela Miles
    opinion regarding the chakras. reiki and images 850837

Practicing Reiki: Hold the Chakras

Posted: 09 Jan 2011 05:25 AM PST

Of course I mean “hold the chakras,” as in “hold the mayo.” We cannot hold a chakra with our hands any more than we can place a teapot on a cloud.

Yet many Reiki practitioners say, “When I place my hands on my heart chakra…”

If you speak like that, please pause a moment to think about what you are saying. Is it even possible to place hands on a chakra?

And what does speaking about chakras communicate to others about Reiki practice?

Maybe you don’t care, and there’s no reason to keep reading. But if you do care about clarity, and if you would like to see Reiki practice recognized and valued mainstream, let’s take a minute to think it through.

If chakras exist, they exist in another dimension; they are not part of the physical universe. Now I’m not saying they don’t exist, just reminding you that there’s no proof of their existence.

Why does proof matter? Because referring to provable reality creates common ground with a broad spectrum of people, aka the mainstream public.

If you want mainstream interest and respect, don’t speak in ways that are inaccurate and off-putting. It’s really simple.

And so is Reiki practice–simple, and pragmatic.

It was when Usui started it, and it certainly was to Hayashi and Takata. None of them spoke about chakras, which are not part of the Japanese metaphysics. So why would we?
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 am

thank you! I found it 2 years ago via searching.
    Also I have found a better pic about chakras:
    reiki and images Img
    I like this one, this is viewable for me during the Zazen. beat reiki and images 850837
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 am

The first picture projects lots of energy bounce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:44 am

the first pic is really warming!
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Milarepa wrote:the first pic is really warming!
    yes , agreed.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Yes, they are lovely images of the chakras but I can't see the full image for some reason. Sad

If I click on the image it takes me to an image hosting site and when I click the image there to view it full size (the smaller version shown there is distorted) it appears to link to a php file, with an option to find a program to open the file which I don't feel safe to do.

Do you have any Reiki images? Wink
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Colin wrote:Yes, they are lovely images of the chakras but I can't see the full image for some reason. Sad

If I click on the image it takes me to an image hosting site and when I click the image there to view it full size (the smaller version shown there is distorted) it appears to link to a php file, with an option to find a program to open the file which I don't feel safe to do.

Do you have any Reiki images? Wink
    thanks, this problem has approved and already solved Very Happy
    please try again. Laughing
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks, Kaytan, that works fine now - lovely images, especially the first one!
    Very Happy
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Colin wrote:Thanks, Kaytan, that works fine now - lovely images, especially the first one!
    Very Happy
    you are welcome, you all are welcome, I feel lots of energy when I come here and see your lovely replays and post reiki and images 158903 bashburn reiki and images 307123
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm

I like this one too!
    It's exactly my imagination of chakras! Especially the root chakra. (sorry if the name is incorrect, I have studied all of reiki books in Persian Wink
    reiki and images Img
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Interesting, the crown the heart & the root. heart smiley

Most Reiki practitioners use
    7 chakras. Have you studied
    more than the basic 7 chakras reiki and images 158903
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

yes! I knew, my master had talked about it for me. but he said that these 7 chakras are the main chakras.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:15 pm

chi_solas wrote:Interesting, the crown the heart & the root. heart smiley

The 3 tanden (dantien) Question

chi_solas wrote:Interesting, the crown the heart & the root. heart smiley

Most Reiki practitioners use
    7 chakras. Have you studied
    more than the basic 7 chakras reiki and images 158903

I don't consciously focus on any particular chakras when I practice Reiki. I keep my hands where I feel byosen/imbalance. I feel that the chakras will be balanced as part of the general return to balance which is the goal of a Reiki session. Adding the study of chakras to Reiki makes it unnecessarily complicated: Reiki Ryoho is simple and chakras were not taught as part of Reiki by Usui, Hayashi or Takata. Smile

However, I do notice that the 3 tanden areas crop up in several places in Reiki teachings and techniques.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:46 am

Colin said,
    I don't consciously focus on any particular chakras when I practice Reiki. I keep my hands where I feel byosen/imbalance. I feel that the chakras will be balanced as part of the general return to balance which is the goal of a Reiki session. Adding the study of chakras to Reiki makes it unnecessarily complicated: Reiki Ryoho is simple and chakras were not taught as part of Reiki by Usui, Hayashi or Takata. Smile

However, I do notice that the 3 tanden areas crop up in several places in Reiki teachings and techniques.

Excellent points of view, Pure & Simple. flower

I believe that because Reiki is simple
    techniques like music/Chakras/crystals
    & other, must have been added to help
    the client who needed something tangible
    beyond it's, "ULFE". sunny

The Reiki System is Natural healing reiki and images 850837 Sleep reiki and images 158903

rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Thank You Kaytan for great images!

Who said it has to be pure and simple Very Happy Why in the world should we keep it simple when we can make it complicated??Very Happy

Hmm...when I think now about it...this might be the reason why after over 15 years of practicing Reiki I still consider myself a Reiki-Newbie. However, now thanks to Pamela Miles I can say for the record that I have learned at list a thing or maybe even two.... Very Happy

Here it goes:

1.Reiki is not a word ...and
    2.We can not hold a chakra..

I am wondering now does this make me ADVANCED reiki practitioner?? Question

Regards,

Resko
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:38 pm

this is a representation of the chakras as per artistic imagination.....

i saw them in meditation as flowers before i did reiki 3 with different number of petals but the were all colourless and in space behind then and in front of them i saw the colours as blobs...... that time i did not know what i was seeing..when i got the reiki 3 manual did i realize what i had seen. similar lines like the electrons revolving around the nucleus i saw when i was accidently landed on the ceiling and could see myself meditating.. it was a beautiful sight... but i got so scared after that that i consciously did not venture to get out of my aura..

even now when i look at someone i can see blobs on their side of the ears or head etc as per the corresponding chakra... if it is not the right colour it shows onset of some illness...
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:26 am

rzukic wrote: Thank You Kaytan for great images!

Who said it has to be pure and simple Very Happy Why in the world should we keep it simple when we can make it complicated??Very Happy

Hmm...when I think now about it...this might be the reason why after over 15 years of practicing Reiki I still consider myself a Reiki-Newbie. However, now thanks to Pamela Miles I can say for the record that I have learned at list a thing or maybe even two.... Very Happy

Here it goes:

1.Reiki is not a word ...and
    2.We can not hold a chakra..

I am wondering now does this make me ADVANCED reiki practitioner?? Question

Regards,

Resko

Resko, I feel that same way as you do
    always a newbie. Some folks speak as
    though they are the authority on the
    Reiki system. James Deacon has a wealth
    of different historical information that
    I tap into. I'm not into debating that
    Reiki is not a word or if I can hold a
    chakra. Who deserves the best Reiki Blog
    award. I like to work on improving myself
    staying harmonized and balanced with the
    Universe..... a full time job in itself. sunny
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Colin,

I came across very interesting article posted at Center for Reiki Research titled “The story of Dr. Chujiro Hayashi” and on page 2 if I am not mistaken under the headline “ Differences in Usui And Hayashi's styles” the author (Marianne Streich) mentioned that while Gokkai placed emphasis on the navel and the Tanden as important energy centers Hayashi focused more on the Meridian lines of acupuncture and the chakras”

I know that you did a lot of research and I am wondering if you ever came across any reference to support this.

here is the link: http://www.reikimembership.com/ArticlesForms/Hayashi.pdf

Thanks,

Resko
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:42 am

rzukic wrote:Hi Colin,

I came across very interesting article posted at Center for Reiki Research titled “The story of Dr. Chujiro Hayashi” and on page 2 if I am not mistaken under the headline “ Differences in Usui And Hayashi's styles” the author (Marianne Streich) mentioned that while Gokkai placed emphasis on the navel and the Tanden as important energy centers Hayashi focused more on the Meridian lines of acupuncture and the chakras”

I know that you did a lot of research and I am wondering if you ever came across any reference to support this.

Thanks,

Resko

Hi Resko

Yes, I saw that article when it was published in Reiki News magazine and I emailed Marianne to see if she had a reference for that statement. She replied saying that she had just moved house but would try and dig it out and let me know when she was settled. A couple of months later she emailed me again to say that this was something she had been told by Hiroshi Doi and there was no actual reference other than that.

I had mentioned that I was a Jikiden Reiki practitioner and that I was surprised to see chakras being mentioned in conjunction with Chujiro Hayashi as this style had come directly from Hayashi through Chiyoko Yamaguchi and othe students of Hayashi and chakras are not part of the teachings of Jikiden (although they are part of Gendai Reiki, Hiroshi Doi's style). Marianne has since done a Jikiden Reiki seminar and found it very illuminating and says that the statement she made about Hayashi and chakras was probably a result of a misunderstanding or breakdown in communication when Hiroshi Doi's answer to her question was translated.

Smile
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:11 am

Colin wrote:
    rzukic wrote:Hi Colin,

Thanks,

Resko

Hi Resko

Yes, I saw that article when it was published in Reiki News magazine and I emailed Marianne to see if she had a reference for that statement. She replied saying that she had just moved house but would try and dig it out and let me know when she was settled. A couple of months later she emailed me again to say that this was something she had been told by Hiroshi Doi and there was no actual reference other than that.

I had mentioned that I was a Jikiden Reiki practitioner and that I was surprised to see chakras being mentioned in conjunction with Chujiro Hayashi as this style had come directly from Hayashi through Chiyoko Yamaguchi and othe students of Hayashi and chakras are not part of the teachings of Jikiden (although they are part of Gendai Reiki, Hiroshi Doi's style). Marianne has since done a Jikiden Reiki seminar and found it very illuminating and says that the statement she made about Hayashi and chakras was probably a result of a misunderstanding or breakdown in communication when Hiroshi Doi's answer to her question was translated.

Smile

Thank You Colin!

Regards.

Resko
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 am

oh, Thanks god my topic has gotten lots of replays and still continues!
    sorry, I had some hard exams and I could not answer....
    how ever, let's continue and please see the next one:
    reiki and images Img
    his face still gives lots of happiness and energy to me Wink
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 am

rzukic wrote: Thank You Kaytan for great images!
    thanks dear rzukic Very Happy
    you are always welcome Wink
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Resko, no chakras or meridians in what Takata taught either. Presumably Hayashi never taught her these.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:52 pm

renukakkar wrote:this is a representation of the chakras as per artistic imagination.....

i saw them in meditation as flowers before i did reiki 3 with different number of petals but the were all colourless and in space behind then and in front of them i saw the colours as blobs...... that time i did not know what i was seeing..when i got the reiki 3 manual did i realize what i had seen. similar lines like the electrons revolving around the nucleus i saw when i was accidently landed on the ceiling and could see myself meditating.. it was a beautiful sight... but i got so scared after that that i consciously did not venture to get out of my aura..

even now when i look at someone i can see blobs on their side of the ears or head etc as per the corresponding chakra... if it is not the right colour it shows onset of some illness...

Hi renukakkar.

The chakras were colorless until the early 20th century when Annie Besant of the Theosophical Society awakened as clairvoyant. At that time, Westerner's began to ascribe colors to the chakras. Prior to that time, they were perceived as you perceived them.

:-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:23 pm