Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
papakeri
chi_solas
Rlei_ki
Milarepa
thehungrycaterpillar
Colin
10 posters

How does Reiki "work"?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

How does Reiki "work"? - Page 2 Empty Re: How does Reiki "work"?

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:30 am

papakeri wrote:
    Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    I can't however, 'show' you a volume of space with no EMR. As this includes radio waves, microwaves, UV light, X-ray, gamma ray.

Hi Wayne

Just to sidetrack a little, where in the spectrum of electromagnetic frequencies does the human resonance sit?

I would speculate that a good chunk of it sits within the range of the Schumann Resonance. However, I reiterate, this is sheer speculation off the top of my head.

Love and Light,

Garry

I'm not sure myself on this. I'm gonna research it when i come back form the shop, to see where James is leading with this, Smile .

I read a study at harvard places us between 5Hz & 10Hz. I've read conflicting data other than that. I dunno in what classification our resonance would be, i'll go search for that.

take care
    Wayne
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:33 am

Milarepa wrote:

Hehe, all electromagnetic radiation isn't light.

Depends on how you use the term "light" doesn't it?

"Light is electromagnetic radiation, particularly radiation of a wavelength that is visible to the human eye (about 400–700 nm), or perhaps 380–750 nm.[1] In physics, the term light sometimes refers to electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength, whether visible or not."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light

(bold inserted by me)

Love and Light,

Mr. D.A.

Twisted Evil

Last edited by papakeri on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accidently chopped out a formatting character)
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:39 am

Milarepa wrote:
    papakeri wrote:
    Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    I can't however, 'show' you a volume of space with no EMR. As this includes radio waves, microwaves, UV light, X-ray, gamma ray.

Hi Wayne

Just to sidetrack a little, where in the spectrum of electromagnetic frequencies does the human resonance sit?

I would speculate that a good chunk of it sits within the range of the Schumann Resonance. However, I reiterate, this is sheer speculation off the top of my head.

Love and Light,

Garry

I'm not sure myself on this. I'm gonna research it when i come back form the shop, to see where James is leading with this, Smile .

I read a study at harvard places us between 5Hz & 10Hz. I've read conflicting data other than that. I dunno in what classification our resonance would be, i'll go search for that.

take care
    Wayne

Well, 5-10Hz certainly falls within the Schumann Resonance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

Love and Light,

Garry
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:51 am

papakeri wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Hehe, all electromagnetic radiation isn't light.

Depends on how you use the term "light" doesn't it?

"Light is electromagnetic radiation, particularly radiation of a wavelength that is visible to the human eye (about 400–700 nm), or perhaps 380–750 nm.[1] In physics, the term light sometimes refers to electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength, whether visible or not."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light

(bold inserted by me)

Love and Light,

Mr. D.A.

Twisted Evil

true. Though for the purposes of what Colin wrote,i feel, to use the term 'light' so generically, is as useful as saying all is energy, when trying to understand detailed things, such as how Reiki works. All may be light, all may be energy, it doesn't nessecarily mean all light is one, all energy is one, and all light or energy are connected. Such as some genernalize.

As you & I are sharing, an understanding of even quantum physics, and physics in general, can aid what Colin is suggesting.

not saying you're saying this, but kinda pre-empting other possible comments, Smile.. when one seeks to understand why something specific (Reiki in this case), does a specific thing (healing, in-person & distant), it is best to be as psecific as possible in what we are discussing, and searching for.

Just my opinion, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

P.S. many thanks Garry. nothing like a bit of chat about the physics, quantum or otherwise, of the cosmos, on a Sunday. It's all good, hehe, Smile.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:51 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Hi Wayne

Hiya James,

we're emitting electromagnetic energy, question is, what kind? 7 major classifications are: g-rays, X-rays, ultraviolet (UV), visible rays,
    infrared rays (IR), microwaves and radio waves.

As to where human resonance resides within those, humans are between radio & microwaves. So i guess that's the answer?

when our heart beats for instance, we generate long-wave magnetic energy, which results in regeneration, defense against disease, etc.

Take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:11 am

Next question:

Are x-rays and gamma rays (which have a higher vibrational frequency) harmful to the human being?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:23 am

Rlei_ki wrote:Next question:

Are x-rays and gamma rays (which have a higher vibrational frequency) harmful to the human being?

They certainly can be. they're able to break atomic bonds in small doses, thereby causeing cellular DNA damage. In high doses they can cut right through DNA, causing instant death. Smile.

take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:45 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Hi Colin,
    'Energy continuum' is to do with doing different physical things at once, Smile.

If, you are talking about energy being continuous, this isn't correct. Although all is 'energy', energy isn't continuos. This is the first main concept of Quantum Physics. Namely, Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.

This is why, although energy may be said to be all things, we need to further clarify that. Energy exists in quanta. that is,it's quantized, it has to exist in discrete amounts.

If energy was continuos, and object would radiate at all frequencies, and be infinitely hot.

To use a good analogy. filling a glass with water (continuos). doing the same in ice cube form (quantizied). Still Water, but it's now ice. Likewise with energy. Still energy, but... Smile

Of course, this doesn't take away from the concept all is connected. I just wanted to clarify the above though, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Hi Wayne

Maybe this will clarify things once and for all:

Zero-Point Energy in a Bounded Continuum

American Journal of Physics, Volume 41, Issue 8, pp. 980-986 (1973).

The zero-point energy of a quantal continuum, despite the fact that it is infinite, is generally supposed to be tractable in the sense that it does not necessarily imply an infinite value for any measurable quantity. In the case of a bounded continuum, the zero-point energy may undergo a change upon adiabatic changes in the boundary conditions and thus manifest itself as a force on the boundary. It is an obvious requirement that this force should be finite, but conditions under which this is true are found to be stringent; more generally, the assumption of zero-point energy would lead to infinite results for boundary forces. It is suggested that, for the continuum, zero-point energy is a dispensable concept and arises only from over zealous application of the canonical quantization rules.

Or maybe it won't! affraid

But, since zero point energy is used as a synonym for the vacuum energy, being the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system can have, it may have been more accurate to say zero point energy continuum, rather than just energy continuum.

By this I mean the ground/medium in which specific groups of energy frequencies can form patterns resulting in things like photons all the way up to galaxies and beyond.

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:58 am

Hi again!

This article (an interview with James Oschman from the Reiki News magazine) may also be an interesting read for followers of this thread!
    http://www.reiki.org/Download/OschmanReprint2.pdf

It even has diagrams! Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:56 am

Colin wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    Hi Colin,
    'Energy continuum' is to do with doing different physical things at once, Smile.

If, you are talking about energy being continuous, this isn't correct. Although all is 'energy', energy isn't continuos. This is the first main concept of Quantum Physics. Namely, Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.

This is why, although energy may be said to be all things, we need to further clarify that. Energy exists in quanta. that is,it's quantized, it has to exist in discrete amounts.

If energy was continuos, and object would radiate at all frequencies, and be infinitely hot.

To use a good analogy. filling a glass with water (continuos). doing the same in ice cube form (quantizied). Still Water, but it's now ice. Likewise with energy. Still energy, but... Smile

Of course, this doesn't take away from the concept all is connected. I just wanted to clarify the above though, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Hi Wayne

Maybe this will clarify things once and for all:

Zero-Point Energy in a Bounded Continuum

American Journal of Physics, Volume 41, Issue 8, pp. 980-986 (1973).

The zero-point energy of a quantal continuum, despite the fact that it is infinite, is generally supposed to be tractable in the sense that it does not necessarily imply an infinite value for any measurable quantity. In the case of a bounded continuum, the zero-point energy may undergo a change upon adiabatic changes in the boundary conditions and thus manifest itself as a force on the boundary. It is an obvious requirement that this force should be finite, but conditions under which this is true are found to be stringent; more generally, the assumption of zero-point energy would lead to infinite results for boundary forces. It is suggested that, for the continuum, zero-point energy is a dispensable concept and arises only from over zealous application of the canonical quantization rules.

Or maybe it won't! affraid

But, since zero point energy is used as a synonym for the vacuum energy, being the lowest possible energy that a quantum mechanical physical system can have, it may have been more accurate to say zero point energy continuum, rather than just energy continuum.

By this I mean the ground/medium in which specific groups of energy frequencies can form patterns resulting in things like photons all the way up to galaxies and beyond.

I certainly can't argue with you here mate, Smile . I feel, and have said openely for some time, that Zero point/point of creation is the quantum physics name for God. that creative force from which all things began.

H.P blavatskys' 'The Secret Doctrine, (which Einstein always had a copy of his desk), Kabbalah, Sufism, gnostic Christianity, even the teachings of HH Dalai Lama, suggest this.

If we wanna speak about zero point & humans, there's something interesting..

In fact, some of us on this forum have already spoke openely about this. It's our divine spark.

Of course, like i already mentioned, since it's a spark of divinity, there should be a larger, or collective divinity.

take care
    Wayne
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:06 am

I see Bruce has joined us, he's the ideal guy to talk about physics, he's got a background in it.

P.S. very good article Colin also.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:23 am

Milarepa wrote:They certainly can be. they're able to break atomic bonds in small doses, thereby causeing cellular DNA damage. In high doses they can cut right through DNA, causing instant death. Smile

so, as James Oschman states:
    (and the synchronicity of Colin choosing this time to post a link to the Rand interview with Oschman is not lost on me!!!)

"The important frequencies for stimulating tissue repair are all in
    the biologically important extremely low frequency (ELF) range.
    Two cycles per second (Hz) is effective for nerve regeneration,
    seven Hz is optimal for bone growth, ten Hz is used for ligaments,
    and somewhat higher frequencies work for skin and capillaries."

and we are aware that the very high frequency (short wavelength - high energy) end of the EM spectrum is essentially deadly to us

- why all this obsession within Reiki (and the wider 'Spiritual community') with raising our vibrations (frequencies)?

Theoretically, the higher we raise our vibrations the more of a danger to ourselves and other lifeforms we would become.

"Now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds." J.R.Oppenheimer/Bhagavad Gita
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:They certainly can be. they're able to break atomic bonds in small doses, thereby causeing cellular DNA damage. In high doses they can cut right through DNA, causing instant death. Smile

so, as James Oschman states:
    (and the synchronicity of Colin choosing this time to post a link to the Rand interview with Oschman is not lost on me!!!)

"The important frequencies for stimulating tissue repair are all in
    the biologically important extremely low frequency (ELF) range.
    Two cycles per second (Hz) is effective for nerve regeneration,
    seven Hz is optimal for bone growth, ten Hz is used for ligaments,
    and somewhat higher frequencies work for skin and capillaries."

and we are aware that the very high frequency (short wavelength - high energy) end of the EM spectrum is essentially deadly to us

- why all this obsession within Reiki (and the wider 'Spiritual community') with raising our vibrations (frequencies)?

Theoretically, the higher we raise our vibrations the more of a danger to ourselves and other lifeforms we would become.

Probably because laypeople on reiki message boards tend to say "frequency" (cycles per second) when they mean "intensity" (square of the amplitude of the energy wave, or in the alternative, number of particles per given area). In terms of sound, it's the difference between the pitch of the signal (frequency) and the loudness of the signal (intensity). In terms of light, it's the difference between the color of the light (frequency) and the brightness of the light (intensity).

At other times, they do really mean "frequency," but don't realize that high frequency can be deadly.

Bruce
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:52 am

Bruce wrote:At other times, they do really mean "frequency," but don't realize that high frequency can be deadly.

Or maybe some do realise...

As a certain diminutive Jedi probably never said:

"strong the Dark Side is, and devious with it"

Suspect Shocked
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:06 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Bruce wrote:At other times, they do really mean "frequency," but don't realize that high frequency can be deadly.

Or maybe some do realise...

As a certain diminutive Jedi probably never said:

"strong the Dark Side is, and devious with it"

Suspect Shocked

lol!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:33 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

Prob cause most think 'more' or 'higher' is somehow better, in all things. Our western thinking prob coming into play there.

take care
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Colin wrote:Hi All
    I would like to try and tie a few of the many things discussed on various other lengthy threads together and add to a theory I posited in the ULE thread
    which I think got lost in the avalanche of posts!:

Colin wrote:
    Within this undifferentiated energy continuum, patterns of specific frequencies of energy arise to produce forms and the illusion of separateness.
    Within these forms are sub-patterns and groups of frequencies, which reach to varying levels of complexity depending upon the form.

Colin wrote:
    It happens from time to time (possibly through the actions of other patterns of frequencies) that some of these patterns become disrupted and no longer
    vibrate at their optimal frequencies and may therefore lose some aspect of their form and/or function.

This then gives us the opportunity to see the 'effect of spirit in action' as the Reiki seeks to restore the disrupted pattern back to its optimal
    vibratory state!

hi Collin Smile
    hi all

visiting reiki lounge after a month or so, luckily your article was the first that caught my sight, and reading it over, i have nodded sometimes, smiled sometimes, and in the end i have to ask myself 'did i read it carefully, and completely' Smile congrats for putting your thoughts to action!

as i didnt dare reading all four pages that have popped up in response to your theory, i would try to expand my understanding by reading the original post and giving my take on that...

every thing that is possibly imaginable is perhaps vibrating since we are given to believe that being in motion, is being with life... this holds true in our bodies, in so-to-say non-living matter composed of molecules and further into atoms where electrons are in constant motion around their respective nuclie, in the day to day life, in cosmos, in arrangement of sun, stars, galaxies, earth, comets, planets, and so on... so we are in a way 'incapacitated' to concieve anything that pertains life but that does not have a motion trait...

in thinking about mechanism of reiki, we fall to the same fallacy of too much believing that perhaps reiki would have worked on the principles of motion too... thats why, perhaps, we hear (or have coined) terms like channeling, like 'reiki goes where it is needed', like reiki cascading from skies, like radiating from our inner like a divine flame, like so many other things...

i m not disagreeing with your theory Collin but atm trying to find foundations for it Smile

the theory or concept of 'optimal vibration' vs. 'distorted/unbalanced vibration' does hold good logic too... when things interact with each other, they try to synchronize themselves, or have such effect on other things which they are in contact... heat travelling from hot to cold bodies, current travelling from one to the other pole, air pressures over meterological zones moving from high pressure to lower pressure, etc. are all evidences of this principle.. and like two tuning forks would just entrain with each other when placed together, it seems quite logical to say that disease occurs when the innate vibrational frequency is disturbed, and through reiki, we actually synchonize the ill-vibrational area to a healty vibrational frequency that has been benchmarked with divine maybe :)at this point reiki and QT almost seem to be like working on the same principle!

if it were the same, how was reiki recognized as an astounding innovation or discovery ? what was the strength of this new discovery by Mikao Usui that overshadowed many like practices of ancient Japan, Asia, etc. that were in vogue times immemorial.... what was new in reiki ?

your correctly said, that there could be as many theories of reiki as there may be thousands of practitioners.

i personally feel that reiki does not move from here to there... it does not gets transferred from practitioner to receipient (a misnomer again)... the theories of we, being practitioners, acting as vessel or channel, dont sit well with my feelings and experinces... what i have felt is rather contradictory... the power (or the action mechanism) of reiki seems to me to be residing in silence and motionlessness rather than being in motion or vibrational entrainment....

many of us belive that we carry divine within us... does that divine makes any vibrational presence within us to make us feel that it exists... if we analyze, we would come to point that rather the reverse is true.... we feel divine when we are motionless, when we are concentrated, when we are silent and looking inwards with all our faculties put to this task.... the more we come into contact with divine, the more we keep losing motion or vibration.... we become silent, peaceful, soliderate.... a step we can count towards being one...

and on analogy, i would personally endorse that power (or mechanism) of reiki rests more in being silent... when we feel one (a feeling close to motionlessness, we feel greater reiki... it might be true from experience point of view that when we apply reiki by identifying byosen correctly, it is powerful in effect, but this would arise other questions that when we detect some area and focus on it, our concentration starts some mechanism that is different from reiki but that might have the power to foster healing, not necessarily through riki though!

being reiki, is perhaps better phenomenon than doing reiki, we all agree to that maybe! and so being into reiki is perhaps better than reading how reiki works from outside... and whether we are in the picture or outside picture while reiking somebody, is just a similar question we have to probe and ask ourselves Smile

i would request Collin that if you catch the way i m talking, you would help me reconcile my views with yours!

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:01 pm

hiya Bro!
    Hope you don't mind me giving my two cents? BTW, it's real good to see your doing ok. I was kinda worried about your absense, and certain other situations at present. Then VJ was kind enough to say you're out of the country travelling, that pleased me well, Smile .

Lambs-Wool wrote:[
    in thinking about mechanism of reiki, we fall to the same fallacy of too much believing that perhaps reiki would have worked on the principles of motion too... thats why, perhaps, we hear (or have coined) terms like channeling, like 'reiki goes where it is needed', like reiki cascading from skies, like radiating from our inner like a divine flame, like so many other things...

Excellant point! I can't think of one good reason why Reiki is bound by linear aspects, or newtonian versions of things. which incidentaaly, are currrently being challenged as to being accurate of reality.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    the theory or concept of 'optimal vibration' vs. 'distorted/unbalanced vibration' does hold good logic too... when things interact with each other, they try to synchronize themselves, or have such effect on other things which they are in contact... heat travelling from hot to cold bodies, current travelling from one to the other pole, air pressures over meterological zones moving from high pressure to lower pressure, etc. are all evidences of this principle.. and like two tuning forks would just entrain with each other when placed together, it seems quite logical to say that disease occurs when the innate vibrational frequency is disturbed, and through reiki, we actually synchonize the ill-vibrational area to a healty vibrational frequency that has been benchmarked with divine maybe :)at this point reiki and QT almost seem to be like working on the same principle!

Quantum physics is actually showing us, that if we seperate matter, etc, beit electrons or whatever, they'll still behave as if they where together. This suggests an unseen force, with some intelligence, that enalbes this to do so, over vast distances, as far as the electrons are concerned. Likewise with absent healing.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    if it were the same, how was reiki recognized as an astounding innovation or discovery ?

They aren't the same. QT is ULE. This is chi, prana, etc. We access what is termed ULE in a completely different way in Qt. And in Qigong also. This should really be a big indication.

Reiki is our spark of the divinty. This is why it's unique. Also, in how quick a student can access thsi ability. As i'm accessing m yown spark of divinity, there's no conflict if i wished to eradicate bacteria within me (which is also life-form entitled to live, ultimately).

If Reiki was ULE, there's a conflict in terms. And that leads me to suggest the folks that use the term, are confused also.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    what was the strength of this new discovery by Mikao Usui that overshadowed many like practices of ancient Japan, Asia, etc. that were in vogue times immemorial.... what was new in reiki ?

You tell me. You expereince it. Looking at all the various training you done. Do you think you could've done it so consistently without Usui Reiki? Perhaps, but it would take a long time, and not be a part-time thing after work, Smile .

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    i personally feel that reiki does not move from here to there... it does not gets transferred from practitioner to receipient (a misnomer again)... the theories of we, being practitioners, acting as vessel or channel, dont sit well with my feelings and experinces... what i have felt is rather contradictory... the power (or the action mechanism) of reiki seems to me to be residing in silence and motionlessness rather than being in motion or vibrational entrainment....

many of us belive that we carry divine within us... does that divine makes any vibrational presence within us to make us feel that it exists... if we analyze, we would come to point that rather the reverse is true.... we feel divine when we are motionless, when we are concentrated, when we are silent and looking inwards with all our faculties put to this task.... the more we come into contact with divine, the more we keep losing motion or vibration.... we become silent, peaceful, soliderate.... a step we can count towards being one...

For anyone who recoqnises Reiki is our own divinty, by that very statement, it surely doesn't have to be bound by newtonian laws. This is God we're talking about, hehe!

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    and on analogy, i would personally endorse that power (or mechanism) of reiki rests more in being silent... when we feel one (a feeling close to motionlessness, we feel greater reiki... it might be true from experience point of view that when we apply reiki by identifying byosen correctly, it is powerful in effect, but this would arise other questions that when we detect some area and focus on it, our concentration starts some mechanism that is different from reiki but that might have the power to foster healing, not necessarily through riki though!

being reiki, is perhaps better phenomenon than doing reiki, we all agree to that maybe! and so being into reiki is perhaps better than reading how reiki works from outside... and whether we are in the picture or outside picture while reiking somebody, is just a similar question we have to probe and ask ourselves Smile

The first step, as in many spiritual paths, is mindfullness. Which is what you're saying here, Smile .

take care
    wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:27 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

hi Collin Smile
    hi all

visiting reiki lounge after a month or so, luckily your article was the first that caught my sight, and reading it over, i have nodded sometimes, smiled sometimes, and in the end i have to ask myself 'did i read it carefully, and completely' Smile congrats for putting your thoughts to action!

Thanks, Salman, and nice to see you hear again! Very Happy

lambs-Wool wrote:
    i personally feel that reiki does not move from here to there... it does not gets transferred from practitioner to receipient (a misnomer again)... the theories of we, being practitioners, acting as vessel or channel, dont sit well with my feelings and experinces... what i have felt is rather contradictory... the power (or the action mechanism) of reiki seems to me to be residing in silence and motionlessness rather than being in motion or vibrational entrainment.

I agree with this, Salman! In my post I quoted Wayne as saying something similar to what I had posted previously in the facebook group Reik-4-all Refugees

Milarepa wrote:
    (echoing something I had posted previously on the Reiki-4-all Refugees facebook group):
    What if 'Reiki' never moves at all, ever? What if it's merely our attention that becomes focussed, so we become aware at any one place what is always
    there?

And here is what I posted originally in Reiki-4-all Refugees:
    Colin wrote:
    Post #13 on https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/topic.php?uid=31384531175&topic=6579
    What if we don't actually move energy at all, in Hatsurei Ho or healing? What if it is only our increased awareness, through intention, which moves through the energy which just is?
    And in Post #17:
    ...in Seishin Toitsu we consciously become aware of the energy along the path within the body which we intend the energy to "flow" but are we really moving the energy or just becoming more aware of it as our intent or visualisation of the energy moves along the path?

It is just a thought or another way of looking at it. I am not able to see the energy so i don't really know whether it moves or not but I do feel my awareness move during seishin toitsu.

The same may be true during a healing session for the practitioner and the client.

To which you replied in post #15:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:
    this is something that we can put as a defintion of the act of being reiki as opposed to 'doing' reiki... great!

So I think this shows that we are indeed in agreement that:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

i would request Collin that if you catch the way i m talking, you would help me reconcile my views with yours!

Further, in answer to your point "whether we are in the picture or outside picture while reiking somebody" I think we are, as part of the universe with our spark of the divine, indeed in the picture - although our ego should not be part of the picture, as it is the divine within rather than our ego which produces the Reiki effect.

In reality, as Reiki practitioners, I don't think it matters one little bit whether we know how Reiki works. This is probably more important to scientists and medical people who like to have explanations for the way things and, although there is a scientist in me, I can also accept that there is also divine mystery involved in the Reiki effect that science alone is unlikely to ever explain.

I hope that helps to reconcile our views, Salman! Very Happy

I hope I have understood correctly what you were saying here. Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Colin wrote:
    And in Post #17:
    ...in Seishin Toitsu we consciously become aware of the energy along the path within the body which we intend the energy to "flow" but are we really moving the energy or just becoming more aware of it as our intent or visualisation of the energy moves along the path?

It is just a thought or another way of looking at it. I am not able to see the energy so i don't really know whether it moves or not but I do feel my awareness move during seishin toitsu.

The same may be true during a healing session for the practitioner and the client.

hi Colin Smile

hope you had a good celebration on your b/day Smile

m regretful of not readily visiting your eloquent answer to my questions... but its never too late always!

i m not knowledgeful of Seishin Toitsu, but per my brief experiences in qigong and something from QT, i agree that we dont move energy rather we get an 'incremental' awareness of our own energy, which we had possessed but were not cognizant of!

while mystery always engulfs what is the true 'mechanism', my personal intake is that when we preceive something 'moving' energy in QT or qigong, we exhuast ourselves sooner and without reason, but when we preceive it in the form of an awareness, the experiences becomes highly productive and enjoyful too...

Colin wrote:
    Further, in answer to your point "whether we are in the picture or outside picture while reiking somebody" I think we are, as part of the universe with our spark of the divine, indeed in the picture - although our ego should not be part of the picture, as it is the divine within rather than our ego which produces the Reiki effect.

well, words, especially for a non-native englishmen like me, fail sometimes in giving out our mind... "to be in the picture" means being one with reiki, and 'to be outside the picture' i usually mean a state when we try to apply, channel or travel reiki without feeling ourselves part of it...

but, what you have shared above, is far above my grass root levels... i feel cent percent agreed and convinced Smile

Colin wrote:
    In reality, as Reiki practitioners, I don't think it matters one little bit whether we know how Reiki works. This is probably more important to scientists and medical people who like to have explanations for the way things and, although there is a scientist in me, I can also accept that there is also divine mystery involved in the Reiki effect that science alone is unlikely to ever explain.

I hope that helps to reconcile our views, Salman! Very Happy

I hope I have understood correctly what you were saying here. Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

thanks again Colin Smile

a personal question Colin : when you play guitars and focus on a chord like C major, and keep stringing it, do you feel notes rhyming within yourself on same rythm ? i m not sure if i m making sense, but my question is partly accoustic and partly metaphysical Smile

take care

salman
    take care
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    hi Colin Smile

hope you had a good celebration on your b/day Smile
    Yes, thanks! Very Happy

Lambs-Wool wrote:

i m not knowledgeful of Seishin Toitsu,

Seishin toitsu is single-pointed concentration, such as focusing on the tips of the middle fingers when hands are in gassho (palms together, prayer position). This is used on its own or as part of hatsurei ho. Seishin toitsu is also used in many other situations besides Reiki. for example, when someone is making their ink before doing a calligraphy, they focus only on making the ink - concentrating single-pointedly.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    a personal question Colin : when you play guitars and focus on a chord like C major, and keep stringing it, do you feel notes rhyming within yourself on same rythm ? i m not sure if i m making sense, but my question is partly accoustic and partly metaphysical Smile

This is a good question, Salman!

There is a physical resonation from the chords played on the guitar because the guitar is touching my body, so I would imagine the various frequencies would interact with the frequencies in my body to some extent. But I can't say I could feel them to be different but recognisable frequencies from each chord in that way.

However, I think it is well known that certain chords and certain chord changes can be felt and be recognisable and have reproducible effects on the body and/or emotions.

A simple example is the difference in feel between a major and a minor chord: the major feeling positive and happy and the monor feeling more thoughtful and sad.

Examples of chord changes are from Cmajor to Amajor which, to me always feels very uplifting.

Then there is the infamous 'Diabolus in Musica' (meaning the devil in music) which was originally a medieval attempt to portray the Holy Trinity as three pure tones (a tritone) but actually sounds quite eerie and strange. An example of this interval is to play a C and then an F# - that is an interval of three whole tones, no semitones. It was decided that the devil must have crept into the music and corrupted the sound of three pure tones - hence its name and it was therefore banned from being used in church music. It can be found in horror film soundtracks and is much used in many heavy metal songs.

This may not be as off-topic as it appears because on a different level it probably accounts for the reason why some people are instantly attracted and others are repelled. In the first case the interval between their frequencies is uplifting and in the second case the interval is unnerving or not very pleasant - a discord.

Last edited by Colin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:34 am

Note:
    I have split the ensuing discussion about music into another topic: Energetics, Frequencies and Music and put it into the Coffee bar, as it is not strictly about Reiki.

Thanks for the help, Wayne!
    Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:36 am

you're welcome, mon ami.
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:14 pm

when i managed to get rid of my neck and upper back pain in 2004 i was not very sure what had actually happened. i had heard a tearing/humming sound and the pain seemed to have been pulled and pushed out. this was my first such experience. now i can identify with a lot of other pain release issues that i have experienced or others experience when i give them reiki....

last year, on the net, i cam across an article about a reiki master in manila who tried to explain what actually happens. i have tried to locate it but am unfortunately not able to find it. he said that when the hands are placed on a particular area the diseased cells are set into a high vibration mode and are pulled as if by a magnet. at the same time they are also being pushed out by the healthy cells which are also in the vibrating mode within that area. this pull and push create a high pitch sounds which can be heared by some reiki healers who are very senstive to energy. it is like paper being torn/ a humming sound at a high frequency.
    one would naturally feal the pain as pain does not want to leave its home.

renu Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:06 pm