Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
thehungrycaterpillar
Milarepa
JohnC
Rlei_ki
8 posters

"Reiki is never used up"

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

"Reiki is never used up" Empty "Reiki is never used up"

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 am

How many of us have been taught as part of our training (or have read, or heard from others) that:
    "Reiki (energy) never gets used up"?

JohnC
    JohnC

"Reiki is never used up" Empty Re: "Reiki is never used up"

Post by JohnC Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:11 am

Never been taught that James... but, as far as Reiki iteself is concerned, why would there be an end to love?

I struggle with the concept of associating Reiki with the energy of healing. It's not the same thing for me. The energy is a product of Reiki - not the Reiki itself.

JohnC
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 pm

JohnC wrote: The energy is a product of Reiki - not the Reiki itself.

JohnC

I think i agree with you on this bro, Smile.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:How many of us have been taught as part of our training (or have read, or heard from others) that:
    "Reiki (energy) never gets used up"?

Yep, i put my hand up to this, Smile .

Racing way ahead of this initial chat maybe, but.. on the other end of the spectrum, maybe folks think because it may get used up, that they should only initiate a small number, and also, why some ceased this kinda thing, even with treatments.

I think you & I spoke fleetingly some time ago, about some others opinions that Reiki could actually shorten lifespan. I think it was in response to what a guy said on Reiki4All.

Take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 am

Milarepa wrote:
    JohnC wrote: The energy is a product of Reiki - not the Reiki itself.

JohnC

I think i agree with you on this bro, Smile.

I would certainly agree that Reiki* is not energy (though as to whether or not Reiki produces energy...)

And while I feel we have an interesting side topic opening up here: i.e. Is Reiki "Energy"?, this is perhaps distracting from my original question, which was simply about who has read/ heard/ been taught that "Reiki (energy) never gets used up"?

____
    * and to be clear, I refer not to the system [Reiki Ryoho] but to the phenomenon which is at the very heart of the system
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Yep, i put my hand up to this, Smile .

Racing way ahead of this initial chat maybe, but.. on the other end of the spectrum, maybe folks think because it may get used up, that they should only initiate a small number.

Actually, I believe the matter as to how many students one should initiate is more to do with quality of training than issues around energy. Smile [And possible restrictions as to the number of students one should initiate to 'master' level - which if I recall correctly, we spoke about elsewhere - has more to do with 'licensing' issues within various Reiki styles/traditions, rather than anything else]

I think you & I spoke fleetingly some time ago, about some others opinions that Reiki could actually shorten lifespan. I think it was in response to what a guy said on Reiki4All.

Yes, Tsutomu Oishi, a student of one of Usui-sensei's own students: Kozo Ogawa, told Frank Petter he had abandoned Reiki Practice because he heard that using Reiki to heal others would diminish his own life energy.

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:53 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Yes, Tsutomu Oishi, a student of one of Usui-sensei's own students: Kozo Ogawa, told Frank Petter he had abandoned Reiki Practice because he heard that using Reiki to heal others would diminish his own life energy.

Takata sensei lived to a good age. Even Usui sensei, out-lived life-expectancy in Japan, for a man in those times.

Have you any idea what made Tsutomu Oishi feel this? Or, was this belief prevalent among other Japanese folks?

take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Milarepa wrote: Have you any idea what made Tsutomu Oishi feel this? Or, was this belief prevalent among other Japanese folks?
    Well as he apparently heard it from someone else, we can probably safely say that at least this one (unknown) person also believed it. Smile
    As to whether or not it was a belief shared by many, I have no idea.
    I have not come across any other reference to the belief (which of course does not mean it was not a popular one)

Such concerns about the impact (of healing others) on ones life-force/personal-energy are something more commonly encountered in relation to certain chi kung healing practices, wherein practitioners use stored-up reserves of vital force to effect healing.
    If the practitioners over-reach themselves, do not dedicate enough time and practice to the replenishment/maintenance of their own levels of vital force, then they may suffer debilitating effects.

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:55 am

I have heard similar things also...
    The psychics who channel a lot feel the same way. Apparently after a while the spirit tells them to slow down and heal themselves before continuing on. I have heard this from a psychic herself.

Even in Edgar Cayce's case he was asked to stop being a medical intuitive and to take care of himself. Cayce refused because he had so people waiting to be diagnosed and treated..
    :-(

Looks like all channelers wear out eventually... Exclamation Exclamation
    They also need to pay attention to their body and spirit and mind!
    ZenDave

Post by ZenDave Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:53 am

I think the way this thread is going is interesting.

As for whether I was taught it could not be used up or not. It was stated that there is all the Reiki ( energy) we could ever need, but if one used too much personal energy ( something to be overcome through practice)that could exhaust a person.

Nowadays, with the appearance of things such as hatsurei ho we have to ask the question " Internal/external/both"?

I have heard Takata taught that Reiki comes from the Hara ( seika tanden specifically if i am correct).

So then if Reiki is really all about our personal stores, even if we draw and recharge externally. Then it can be assumed that this would bring it more inline with such things as Qi Gong. And really a great many other healing modalities.

In which case , we CAN exhaust ourselves as Reiki practitioners.

Blessed Ever-Present Moment
    Dave
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 am

ZenDave wrote: I have heard Takata taught that Reiki comes from the Hara ( seika tanden specifically if i am correct).

Indeed.

Takata-sensei wrote:...It lies in the bottom of your stomach about 2 in. below the navel

However, while she also said we must "..meditate to let the "Energy" come out from within", she didn't say that Reiki actually originated within us...

As Reiki practitioners, after becoming initiated/attuned, we have Reiki within us, and the "Energy" comes out from within

- yet where was the Reiki before we were initiated/attuned ?

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:28 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    ZenDave wrote: I have heard Takata taught that Reiki comes from the Hara ( seika tanden specifically if i am correct).

Indeed.

Takata-sensei wrote:...It lies in the bottom of your stomach about 2 in. below the navel

As Reiki practitioners, after becoming initiated/attuned, we have Reiki within us, and the "Energy" comes out from within

- yet where was the Reiki before we were initiated/attuned ?

I would say Reiki ULE has always been a part of us.
    It lay dormant until our awareness was brought forth
    through initiation/attunement that lead to our becoming
    more focused on the bodies own healing power.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri May 01, 2009 5:59 am

I disagree with it being inside us already.

I believe that when we become attuned to Reiki, the aerial goes up so that we can receive the energy which is all around us - like a radio. The aerial is within (on FM radios it's outside though) and what the attunement does is wind the aerial up so it's ready to receive.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 01, 2009 6:30 am

Pandora wrote: The aerial is within (on FM radios it's outside though)..

If we are 'recieving' a 'broadcast' from th ewhole universe, should we not have a satelite dish inside us, or even a high powered telescope?

I'm just hinking of the range for an FM aerial. Especially an internal one, lol!

Last edited by Milarepa on Fri May 01, 2009 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : BB code not proper)
    ZenDave

Post by ZenDave Fri May 01, 2009 11:46 am

Pandora wrote:I disagree with it being inside us already.

I believe that when we become attuned to Reiki, the aerial goes up so that we can receive the energy which is all around us - like a radio. The aerial is within (on FM radios it's outside though) and what the attunement does is wind the aerial up so it's ready to receive.

But then you'd be disagreeing with Takata Sensei as well.

Also what purpose would the Hatsurei Ho technique serve? Much of it has to do with focusing on gathering energy in the Seika Tanden.

And think about how this is an idea in other forms of energy work. Like most if not all of them aside from Reiki. do we know reiki is so special different and unqiue? Not really. Because as time goes on we discover more about Reiki and realize that maybe it is not so different from other eastern practices.

Just some food for thought.

Dave
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri May 01, 2009 7:45 pm

ZenDave wrote:
    Pandora wrote:I disagree with it being inside us already.

But then you'd be disagreeing with Takata Sensei as well.

Also what purpose would the Hatsurei Ho technique serve? Much of it has to do with focusing on gathering energy in the Seika Tanden.

And think about how this is an idea in other forms of energy work. Like most if not all of them aside from Reiki. do we know reiki is so special different and unqiue? Not really. Because as time goes on we discover more about Reiki and realize that maybe it is not so different from other eastern practices.

Just some food for thought.

Dave

What did Takata Sensei say about it then? I can't see where what I've said disagrees with what she said!

The Hatsurei Ho technique, about gathering energy in the Seika Tanden, again I have no problem with. The Seika Tanden, if you like to follow the electrical analogy, is a capacitor which stores energy. The energy infrastructure of the human body can be seen as equivalent to a railway and the Reiki is a train... Again I don't see what the problem is.

Reiki is not so different from other Western practices. I'm a trained spiritual healer, and the hand positions I learned in that are identical to the ones used in Reiki!
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 pm

when we say the we are within the universe and the universe is within us, it tantamounts to saying that the spiritual energy is coming from within us and also from outside us. the entire universe has been created from energy isn't it?

sheika tanden or hara as we call it has its importance in other aspects.

realisation of all that is is, is attained after you acquire knowledge about everyone being like yourself/compassion for all living things etc. so the heart is the centre point from where the connection is made. development of the heart is the main thing for not only spiritual progress but also for becoming a good conduit to the reiki energy. this is i think the essence of being reiki.

we can store energy in the hara region. any type of energy can be stored there to be recalled when required. this is taught in many healing disciplines. my rm taught me to store excess reiki energy in the hara region.

renu
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sat May 02, 2009 5:24 am

Yes I agree there is only matter and energy, and energy and matter are the same. However, just as there are different forms of matter, there are different forms of energy. I believe that our own energy is not the same as the ULE of Reiki - and I think neither did Usui, Hayashi or Takata, otherwise they would not have found and passed on Reiki, they would have passed on how to use your own energy just as Chi Kung or Shaolin or other Japanese energy systems.

I also believe that the Divine resides in each of us - there is a part of the Christian creed that says "God is all, and in all: in whom we live, move and have our being". However, were this Divine part to comprise the whole of us, then we would be God, and as we are not God, there has to be something else there too, which is our human nature. Whether this Divine part is our Higher Self is another question!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 02, 2009 8:00 am

Excellant post Chris!
    ZenDave

Post by ZenDave Sat May 02, 2009 10:52 am

Pandora, as was mentioned in another thread ( don't know off hand which thread lol) I had brought up the quote from Takata Sensei where her answer to where Reiki was found was the Seika Tanden.

Of course I don't by any means know the ins and outs of your personal philosophies. So I cannot definitively say what you're saying fully disagress with this.

But I have to wonder, if Reiki is external as per my perception of your view, what then is the purpose for storing extra energy in that region? Why Hatsurei Ho in addition to regular treatments?

In my own experiences from Qi Gong ( consisting of DVD workouts not training) I noticed an increased flow during Reiki practice.
    Same when performing Hatsurei Ho regularly.

Now I don't know if I would say Reiki is only from the body. But I think our own inner energies play more of a part than we may realize.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sat May 02, 2009 8:10 pm

ZenDave wrote:Pandora, as was mentioned in another thread ( don't know off hand which thread lol) I had brought up the quote from Takata Sensei where her answer to where Reiki was found was the Seika Tanden.

Of course I don't by any means know the ins and outs of your personal philosophies. So I cannot definitively say what you're saying fully disagress with this.

But I have to wonder, if Reiki is external as per my perception of your view, what then is the purpose for storing extra energy in that region? Why Hatsurei Ho in addition to regular treatments?

In my own experiences from Qi Gong ( consisting of DVD workouts not training) I noticed an increased flow during Reiki practice.

Now I don't know if I would say Reiki is only from the body. But I think our own inner energies play more of a part than we may realize.

I don't see what the problem is here. We have our own energy, and we can store energy in a particular energy body. We can store our own energy as Qi Gong teaches, or we can store ULE as Reiki teaches. I think what you're experiencing is the energy channels functioning better as a result of energy exercises, just as muscles function better if we exercise them. You may be confusing the energy with the delivery mechanism (I would use the word infrastructure but it's confusing).
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Takata sensei did say Reiki comes from within, about 2 inches below the navel, Smile. And it radiates out in all directions. This is why to me, no protection is needed. Takata sensei also said Reiki is the highest form she knows of, and is God power.

And really, if one did feel it was our divine spark that is instigating what happens within Reiki, it stands to reason that spark is within us.

Chris & Dave have hit on something worthwhile. The mechanism of Reiki. And comparing it to things like Qigong, etc.

Is what is accessed in Qigong the same as Reiki? What about Quantum Touch? Pranaymama?

Just exactly when does a piece of cardboard cease to be cardboard, and be a potato? If we generalise enough, the piece of cardboard is the same as the potato, yet, in our reality (which is what matters to our expereince now) there's more detail to be had.

If something is accessed in a different way, expereinced in a different way, felt in a different way, does that not make it different?

Take care
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Sun May 03, 2009 3:55 am

Milarepa wrote:Just exactly when does a piece of cardboard cease to be cardboard, and be a potato?

Have you eaten at McDonalds recently? Twisted Evil
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun May 03, 2009 11:48 am

Pandora wrote:
    ZenDave wrote:Pandora, as was mentioned in another thread ( don't know off hand which thread lol) I had brought up the quote from Takata Sensei where her answer to where Reiki was found was the Seika Tanden.

I don't see what the problem is here. We have our own energy, and we can store energy in a particular energy body. We can store our own energy as Qi Gong teaches, or we can store ULE as Reiki teaches. I think what you're experiencing is the energy channels functioning better as a result of energy exercises, just as muscles function better if we exercise them. You may be confusing the energy with the delivery mechanism (I would use the word infrastructure but it's confusing).

I was never taught to store Reiki energy.
    This is my first time hearing that point
    of view.
    sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun May 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:Just exactly when does a piece of cardboard cease to be cardboard, and be a potato?

Have you eaten at McDonalds recently? Twisted Evil

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:39 am