Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

healing old wounds with reiki

prdean111

healing old wounds with reiki Empty healing old wounds with reiki

Post by prdean111 Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Hello everyone!
    This week, I completed my Reiki 1 training in usui reiki ryoho (I previously was certified in Reiki 1 & 2 in another reiki style, but that's another story.)
    Long story short--my usui reiki ryoho instructor thinks she can help me with my chronic daily headaches by sending Reiki energy to a wound I received when I was about 1 years-old. I had a subarachnoid bleed when I was an infant, lost consciousness for several hours, etc. etc. I supposedly had a "complete recovery" but to this day I get chronic daily migraines.
    My new Reiki instructor said she'll help treat my previous brain injury--but she strongly advised me not to use my Tera Mei Reiki techniques at all (which I'm tempted to do--as I know how to send myself distance reiki via Tera mei--and could possibly send myself reiki for when I was a 1-year-old enduring that brain-bleed.)
    My questions are this: 1) what do you think of treating current day chronic ailments by sending Reiki to previous injuries and 2) what do you think about me using my old Reiki techniques to help 1-year-old self deal with this previous injury (I"m not the patient type--and don't want to wait 6 months for reiki 2 training.)
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    --Pete
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

healing old wounds with reiki Empty Re: healing old wounds with reiki

Post by Colin Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi Pete!

First of all, congratulations on completing your new Reiki 1 training.

I believe that giving yourself regular Reiki sessions and receiving from others as often as you can is the best way to deal with any issues you may have, remembering that chronic issues (I.e. Those that have built up over a long period of time) can take many hours of Reiki sessions to deal with.

In answer to your questions:

1) the concept of sending Reiki back (and forwards) through time is one of the many Western Reiki add-ins. The Reiki Principles remind us to live in the present moment (Just for today...). Now is all that exists, so now is when we need to practice Reiki and bring back balance, even if the root cause occurred in the past. To my knowledge, neither Chujiro Hayashi nor Hawayo Takata taught to send Reiki through time - only in-person or absent healing.

2) as long as you feel any techniques will benefit you and will not conflict, I don't see any problem with using them. Although, according to what Kathleen Milner (founder of Tera Mai) teaches (or certainly used to teach), your new 'Usui Reiki Ryoho' Attunements will have 'overwritten' your Tera Mai attunements so you wouldn't be able to use Tera Mai techniques anyway, without re-Attunements to Tera Mai! Suspect

Smile

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 pm

as always colin makes much sense. unless of course he is disagreeing with me, haha! On,ly joking mate.

Pete, great that you have took this training. it was usui reiki ryoho, not shiki?

treating an earlier ailment is good. there could be underlying issues still with it. those are what are treated now.

Tera mai. like i kinda alluded to in private mate, maybe this new training will suit better.
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:50 am

Colin--thanks for the information. I didn't know 1 type of Reiki style could override another--guess I don't need my Tera mai reiki books anymore. My new reiki master said it took months for her to heal a chronic injury of hers--she even quit her job to make time to recover from her chronic issues. While I'm not prepared to quit my job, I am ready to do/spend whatever time it takes to deal with this.
    And Wayne--the Reiki style I'm now studying is usui reiki ryoho.
    Thank you both for your help!
    --Pete
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 pm

prdean111 wrote:Colin--thanks for the information. I didn't know 1 type of Reiki style could override another--guess I don't need my Tera mai reiki books anymore.
    (snip)
    Thank you both for your help!
    --Pete

Actually, I don't believe one type of Reiki can override another - that is just what Kathleen Milner said, which has the effect of locking her students into her style. Smacks too much of control to me! I know many people who practice Tera Mai who have also received other style Attunements! IMHO an Attunement just makes you more aware of something you already have, it' s not like re-formatting your energy system! Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Colin wrote:

Actually, I don't believe one type of Reiki can override another - that is just what Kathleen Milner said, which has the effect of locking her students into her style. Smacks too much of control to me!

ohh, controversy! I knew you were a great Admin!! cheers
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Laughing
    Well if you believe your Reiki can be overwritten then maybe it can!

We create our own reality!

Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:28 pm