Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi

Pachamama

Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi Empty Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 pm

hellooooo all, well let me just say I have enjoyed every second of my four day Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi, it's been brilliant and I'm so glad I went.....

Tadoa is a very humble unassuming chap with a very lovely presence....Rika his translator was just fantastic, she has this light fluffy twnkly energy about her, she reminds me of a fairy on top of a christmas tree!!! ahaha she was great! all the other teachers served there roles excellently aswell, although I didn't really chat to or get to know them much.

So, I'll try and share some of my experiences and feelings whilst still respecting the confidentially observed within Jikiden.
    Pachamama

Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi Empty Re: Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Right now I feel fantastic.....I feel soft and warm and full of Reiki Love and Light...I'm not buzzing with energy but feel extremely happy and chilled.

I'd heard that within Jikiden one receives multiple reiju, this is true! and so i thought perhaps I would be on fire coming home like a powerhouse of Reiki, but It's not like that at all.....the rejui were very soft and gentle and i suppose subtle would be a good word, yet they are still powerful.

I've learned some very new and interesting things, some of which conflict with what I have already been taught, so I am still struggling a little with the differences..it's certainly an adjustment to what has become a very natural process for me.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi Empty Re: Jikiden seminar with Tadao Yamaguchi

Post by Milarepa Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:24 pm

excellant! Keep th eupdates coming!
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:35 pm

I'd love to be able to share so much more , but there is quite a strict code within Jikiden...yet there is an encouragement to promote Jikiden, which in a way is difficult if one cannot share all the positives...

Naturally some of you will have a curiosity about certain aspects.so I'd like to share a little via symbolic language...

I have 3 beautiful orchids that I keep in my front room, so that I can appreciate their beauty daily. One is small and red, one is small and white one is tall and purple...they have a powerful scent which is very beneficial to my home... Recently I acquired 3 new beautiful orchids, one is small and pink, one is small and cream and one is tall and lilac, but I keep each one of these orchids in different rooms of the house because the benefits of their powerful scents are best experienced from different parts of the home.

Suspect
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

would I recommend Jikiden? yes certainly!!....I've yet to put in practice via treatments what I've learned, so I'll keep you posted as to how I feel that goes.

Is Jikiden as spiritual as I hoped it would be?....no, it is still deeply spiritual ( how can any Reiki not be) but the emphasis isn't focused on that as much as practical and simple Reiki treatments, which make perfect sense...Jikiden is practical, simple and down to earth. For me personally there was one very important aspect missing, but thats probably only because I didn't get chance to ask Tadao about it indepth.

Tadao is just great, I never stopped asking questions through the four days, and to be honest I think I kept getting on everybody elses nerves.....but hey ho... ahahah

I'd definately recommend a Jikiden seminar, there are some very interesting aspects to learn!! Cool
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:58 pm

To top all of this, I definately got the long straw when Gisela recommend I stay with a lovely lady called Lorraine...she looked after me so well, making beautiful meals and taking me to and picking me up from the seminar each day!!( we were complete strangers prior to me staying in her home)............she is so kind, warm hearted and genuine, we got along like a house on fire and had some great conversations about all things 'other worldy and spiritual' it's been a blast staying with her and we even got quite drunk together one evening!! ahaha..... We thoroughly enjoyed each other's company!! Very Happy

all in all my whole expereince of the Jikiden seminar has been brilliant! its been worth every penny and I've thoroughly enjoyed every second of my time spent in Edinburgh. cheers cheers cheers
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:45 pm

Excellent! I knew you would enjoy it..and welcome to the club! Cool Suspect
    Laughing
    Feel free to also ask me any questions as I may have already asked Tadao the same questions! Smile

Best do it via PM though lol Cool
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 am

I hate being shady about stuff...but I keep saying to myself, I'm not being shady, I'm being respectful to certain 'guidlines'..... I've just never been very good and being told what I can and can't do! ahah.... No doubt I'll be pm-ing quite regularly over the next few weeks... cheers Colin sunny

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:41 am

excellant stuff guys. sure, we understand requirements. just mention any general things you can. that'd be superb for the forum!
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 am

Dear Friends,
    I really know nothing of Jikiden Reiki. I have a number of books on Reiki, but I don't remember seeing anything about it. Maybe I missed it or have forgotten.
    I do get to Japan. Is is possible for a foreigner to study with Tadao Yamaguchi? I don't speak Japanese well. But I can usually get along with it not too terribly badly. I would be interested in any information anyone can give me, including the cost of lessons.
    Very best wishes to all,
    Yeruham
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:24 am

Tadao and Jikiden teach all over the world. Maybe Colin can advise on this?
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 am

Thanks, Milarepa. Meanwhile I'd like to remark that I like your statement that you are only interested in invalidating your own views. I think I am similar. I always tell my students that I do not ask them to agree with me, that I invite criticism and that I always try to learn from criticism.

BTW I should remark that I am usually offline. So it might take me a week or so to answer postings directed at me.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:27 am

Hi yeruham

Jikiden Reiki is Reiki as taught by Chujiro Hayashi in the 1930s in Japan.

Jikiden means 'direct teachings' and those taught in Jikiden Reiki are what were taught by Chujiro Hayashi to Chiyoko Yamaguchi (Tadao Yamaguchi's mother).

It is possible for foreigners to study with Tadao Yamaguchi and many have - including me! Smile

He has a fascinating collection of Reiki artefacts including photos of Hayashi's Reiki classes from various visits to his mother's village and surrounding areas, old Reiki certificates (from some of his family members and others) and some other things.

Chiyoko Yamaguchi had been quietly practising Reiki for over 60 years when her son realised, through meeting some Western trained Reiki teachers that this was similar to what his mother was practising. (This was around 2000, so any older Reiki books will not mention Jikiden Reiki).

You can read more about it in Tadao Yamaguchi's book 'Light on the Origins of Reiki' and Frank Petter's new book 'This is Reiki' (Frank is now deputy head of the Jikiden Reiki Institute!). Here is an excellent video explaining what Jikiden Reiki is and the site also has some international dates for Jikiden Reiki seminars.

http://www.learnjikidenreiki.com/

Hope you find it useful

yeruham

Post by yeruham Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks Colin,
    I can't see the video before the weekend. But I certainly will when I can.
    I have looked up the books on Amazon. They look good and are not expensive. I'll order them soon.
    I think it will be best to read the books first and then start taking an interest in a seminar.
    Best
    Yeruham

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm