Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Jikiden course

Erik Jögimar
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Jikiden course Empty Jikiden course

Post by Erik Jögimar Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Hello!

I have been looking around the net, and found a couple of interesting reiki courses in Jikiden Reiki. Unfortunately, there are none anywhere even remotely within travelling distance from me. This is partially due to financial reasons, as i'm between jobs and currently in the less then encouraging situation living on wellfare.

I'm looking around a bit, and wondering if there's anyone here who might be willing to work with me on shoden & Okuden level for as long as it takes. I have absolutely no hurry.

I have the instructorgrade in Usui Shiki Ryoho, so i'm (hopefully) not entirely out of loop =)

With kindest regards,

Erik Jögimar
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Jikiden course Empty Re: Jikiden course

Post by Milarepa Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 am

wrong section bro, :-( . Gonna move this for you, :-) .
    Erik Jögimar
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Erik Jögimar Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:17 am

thanks mate,

i'll try to make sure it's the last time Smile

//Erik
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:16 pm

no worries bro, Smile .
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:16 am

Erik Jögimar wrote:

I'm looking around a bit, and wondering if there's anyone here who might be willing to work with me on shoden & Okuden level for as long as it takes. I have absolutely no hurry.

Hi Erik

Sorry I have not been on here much recently...busy busy busy! Smile

Jikiden is only taught in person and the cost of seminars is standardised by the Jikiden Reiki Institute of which Tadao Yamaguchi is the head.

Jikiden Reiki practitioners can only teach Shoden at Shihan Kaku (Assistant Teacher) level and Shoden and Okuden (at Shihan level). Since I am an Okuden level practitioner of Jikiden, I would be unable to teach you Jikiden - even in person - although I am a Shihan in Gendai and Komyo Reiki.

Maybe this site could help you find a Jikiden Reiki Seminar in Scandinavia?

http://www.rmmsscandinavia.com/workshops.php?webtextid=11

Be careful though because it would appear that there is also a certain school of Iaido (a form of Kendo sword martial art) which is popular in Scandinavia which also has the word Jikiden in its title (Jikiden means Direct Transmission).

There are Jikiden Reiki teachers in several countries nowadays and people like Arjava Petter travel to many countries to teach Jikiden.

All I can say is that if you get the chance to attend a Jikiden Reiki seminar do so - especially if it is being taught by Tadao Yamaguchi! He is a wonderful teacher and is one of the very few people who teach an early form of Reiki that can show you documentary evidence of their claims.

Good luck in your search. Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Last edited by Colin on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 pm

bloody hell! what is Gendai and komyo Reiki?? never heard of either, but am feeling drawn to Tado's teachings...
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu May 12, 2011 1:26 am

Hi Sharon - welcome back! Very Happy

Gendai Reiki is a style created by Hiroshi Doi, a Japanese ReikiMaster who has been trained in Western Reiki and traditional Japanese Reiki (and is also apparently a member of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai, the original Usui Reiki society in Japan). Gendai means modern and this style is a mix of old original Reiki techniques and new ones, created by Doi and also some from other healing systems he has studied.

Komyo Reiki is a style created by a Buddhist monk called Hyakuten Inamoto, who was involved with the training given by Chiyoko Yamaguchi in the early days of Jikiden Reiki but he went his own way and created Komyo Reiki, which contains elements of Jikiden teaching, plus his own additions.

I studied those two styles en route to Jikiden Reiki as part of my quest to get back to the simplicity of the original teachings. In this case at least Hayash's original teachings, through Chiyoko Yamaguchi and her son, Tadao.

I have found Jikiden Reiki to be the most genuine of the so-called original teaching styles because Tadao can offer many supporting documents and photos of his family's involvement with Reiki since the 1930s.

Very Happy
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu May 12, 2011 2:51 am

OOh thanks for that information Colin!! ...the little I have been reading about Jikiden via Tadao's ( keep missing the 'a' out) teachings keep appealing more and more. The words pure, simple and down-to-earth having particular resonance....and of course the authenticity of being close to the original teachings.

You don't fancy setting up a seminar in my neck of the woods do you?? you can book me in now please.... Very Happy tongue As long as its not as long, drawn out and boring as Blackburn!! EEk! ahaha
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu May 12, 2011 9:47 am

Pachamama wrote:OOh thanks for that information Colin!! ...the little I have been reading about Jikiden via Tadao's ( keep missing the 'a' out) teachings keep appealing more and more. The words pure, simple and down-to-earth having particular resonance....and of course the authenticity of being close to the original teachings.

You don't fancy setting up a seminar in my neck of the woods do you?? you can book me in now please.... Very Happy tongue As long as its not as long, drawn out and boring as Blackburn!! EEk! ahaha

I'll PM you - don't want to get into trouble for self-promotion! Laughing
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu May 12, 2011 7:54 pm

No probs, i'll promote you.

Colin's never 'taught' me, apart from the wisdom he shares with me online. Having met him though, he's got that quiet, self-assured calmness that comes with deep spirituality. He'd be an excellant choice for teacher.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu May 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Milarepa wrote:No probs, i'll promote you.

Colin's never 'taught' me, apart from the wisdom he shares with me online. Having met him though, he's got that quiet, self-assured calmness that comes with deep spirituality. He'd be an excellant choice for teacher.

Well, thank you kindly, sir!

Embarassed
    Dokasan
    Dokasan

Post by Dokasan Fri May 13, 2011 4:50 am

Hi there,
    I know it isn't quite in your neighbourhood but Gisela Stewart is hosting Tadao in Edinburgh Scotland in July.

Good luck with your search for a seminar close to you.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Sat May 14, 2011 5:30 am

OOh, ooh is excited, I spoke to Gisela yesterday, I'm off to Edinburgh in July I love you

and Wayne n Colin, you do seem to have developed that 'soul brother' bond thing Cool

they have a name for it in american celeb circles...a bromance! tongue
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 14, 2011 5:56 am

oh we still have our 'difference of opinions', both public & private. highly respect Colin though. Value an educated opinion do i.
    Dokasan
    Dokasan

Post by Dokasan Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 am

Whoo-hoo! Enjoy the seminar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:15 am